Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

jewelhaque said:
If the reponse is not done within the time given by BEC then your case would be closed by BEC but your attorney could re-submit your LC application but it will lose the old PD, it will get the new PD.

My opinion is that, you have still one week so, don't waste an hour, do it ASAP. There is a lot of people replied same day.

The problem is not the lawyer but the corporate office. We cannot get hold of anyone that will take care of that.

after labor approval???

GC gurus,
I have a quick question, can we apply for I-140 after labor approval or do we need to wait till PD becomes current??? I'm under the impression that retrogression is for 485??

can someone please throw light on the process after labor approval??

thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
IN2US said:
GC gurus,
I have a quick question, can we apply for I-410 after labor approval or do we need to wait till PD becomes current??? I'm under the impression that retrogression is for 485??

can someone please throw light on the process after labor approval??

thanks in advance.
---
you can file for 140, no need to wait for any dates.
U r right, retrogression is only for 485.
I did the same, check the signature.
Good luck

Days_go_by,
Thanks for the info'.

Days_go_by said:
---
you can file for 140, no need to wait for any dates.
U r right, retrogression is only for 485.
I did the same, check the signature.
Good luck

lonesome307 said:
Just curious, what's the benefit to the applicant for getting the I-140 approved?

You can get a 3-year H1-B extension which means just one time stamping for next 3 yrs which is a big relief for lot of folks.

Also, 140 is a critical phase where your Employer's credentials are validated including his financial soundness to continue to pay.

is this true???

to add along the lines with the minimum knowledge I have regarding the whole GC process, is it true that you can leave the company (that is sponsoring your GC) after 6 months in to filing 485????

please correct me if I'm wrong.

Immi_Seeker said:
You can get a 3-year H1-B extension which means just one time stamping for next 3 yrs which is a big relief for lot of folks.

Also, 140 is a critical phase where your Employer's credentials are validated including his financial soundness to continue to pay.

IN2US said:
to add along the lines with the minimum knowledge I have regarding the whole GC process, is it true that you can leave the company (that is sponsoring your GC) after 6 months in to filing 485????

ALL of it is true!! Is this a great country or what!!

csrini1 said:
ALL of it is true!! Is this a great country or what!!

Yes! ofcourse this is a great country with twisted intrigue Immigration laws

peace4u said:
Guys can you please urgently help with the situation below?. Things are quite serious on my end and any advice/help appreciated!

Context

1) Company A LC was applied first; Company B bought company A

2) Later B applied for a 2nd LC

3) After that B applied for Perm Conversion was applied to retain LC(B)'s
priority date - lets call this PERM LC (C)

Complexities

1) C was rejected saying that it did not meet alternate
job requirement. Company B is appealing this and this is now in PERM reconsideration queue.

2) DOL was suppose to close B when PERM LC C was filed. Instead they approved B but borrowed A's case number!. In effect they ended up closing A since it lost its case number.

3) My company is trying to re-open A case but it is not known if a new case number will be given or DOL will withdraw it

Worst Case Screnario

1) If Perm Conversion (C) appeal is rejected then B also can be withdrawn by DOL.!

Then we will depend on A which is not yet in the DOL process list.

2) If A also gets withdrawn, then I may have to re-start the LC process but this is NOT possible given I have already used 6 yrs of H1!.

3) If all the above LC’s get withdrawn by DOL, there could be problem with H1-extension.

PLEASE HELP, since my LC state is really bad, and I want to see what all I can do to help resolve this issue.

thanks!

obviously DOL goofed up by mixing up LC A and LC B.
I would advice to get a real good lawyer, money no bar
and get this straightened out. you should be able to keep
LC A or LC B [both if lawyer is exceptionally good ;-) ]

IN2US said:

Yes ..Correct but the catch is I think you should have applied for 485 in which case you can invoke a law called AC21 and change the employer.

But there are lot of folks who cannot apply for 485 due to retrogressions and would have just applied for 140.

My Labor

My application ( RIR TX PD: Oct 03) came back with a bunch of NOF (Notice of Findings)..

My lawyers screwed this up big time and now are trying to fix this one. But it is all for good, I think

India, here I come.. :)

I just did a recent check on salaries of people in my field in India.. (not IT) and they are pretty good.. May be I will start some business in that field..

look for my picture in Indian Fortune magazine !!

And yes, there is always Canada.. Friendly people..

Immi_Seeker said:
Yes ..Correct but the catch is I think you should have applied for 485 in which case you can invoke a law called AC21 and change the employer.

But there are lot of folks who cannot apply for 485 due to retrogressions and would have just applied for 140.

yes that is so true, I think anyone and everyone in this forum can ballpark the probability of computers/machines taking over this planet in the next 20 years,
but no one knows whats going on with this enigmatic immigration laws and retrogression rules.

Puvathoor,
sorry to hear about your LC,
if you don't mind can you please share with the group what the NOFs were about???

Thanks.

puvathoor said:
My application ( RIR TX PD: Oct 03) came back with a bunch of NOF (Notice of Findings)..

My lawyers screwed this up big time and now are trying to fix this one. But it is all for good, I think

I just did a recent check on salaries of people in my field in India.. (not IT) and they are pretty good.. May be I will start some business in that field..

Yeah, maybe they are secretly working on Skynet at the DOL... something they are not doing for sure is working on the certification on our cases.

IN2US said:
yes that is so true, I think anyone and everyone in this forum can ballpark the probability of computers/machines taking over this planet in the next 20 years,
but no one knows whats going on with this enigmatic immigration laws and retrogression rules.

Any updates

Any updates on online status check for labor applications.It was supposed to be launched in last week of July .Any inputs

NOF details please...

Puvathoor,

Please let us know the NOF details. I guess I should expect the same soon. :confused:

IN2US said:
Puvathoor,
sorry to hear about your LC,
if you don't mind can you please share with the group what the NOFs were about???

Thanks.

Puvathoor said:
Originally Posted by puvathoor

Got extension to file reply to an NOF.

I got a NOF letter last month. I was supposed to file the reply by 26th (Tomorrow) but my lawer filed for an extension for the reply and got approved. So i have another one month to reply for NOF.

I thought i will share this message to you all. My NOF is regarding the wages. What my company agreed to pay and prewailing wage has about 25 K difference. But my lawer and my manager are preparing the reply letter.

Vijay.

wejaya said:
I am in same boat. My PD is Aug. 2001. Got 45 DL on Oct 2005. No approval yet. I see some 2005 PD cases has been approved.

Finally I got the LC approval. Getting ready to apply I-140/485 before Aug 1st 2006.