Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Dude, nobody knows about the current year -- leave alone the "exact current date" :rolleyes:

You didn't mention whether the recruitment was already over for your case before it moved to BEC. I don't think that BECs have yet started to give recruitment instructions -- but they are planning to start "soon".

Good luck.

? ? said:
Our case was filed in Oct 2001. It was originally filed under RIR but it did not get approved. So it went back to traditional LC and the priority date did not change. Now it is waiting to be processed in Dallas backlog center. Our case number is D-05171-73708. I would really appreciate it if somebody can let me know the exact current date for non-RIR LC at Dallas center. Thanks!
:rolleyes:

? ? said:
Our case was filed in Oct 2001. It was originally filed under RIR but it did not get approved. So it went back to traditional LC and the priority date did not change. Now it is waiting to be processed in Dallas backlog center. Our case number is D-05171-73708. I would really appreciate it if somebody can let me know the exact current date for non-RIR LC at Dallas center. Thanks!

Its tough to perdit. As your case is very old try calling 202 number.

Also please edit your post and replace the last 3 digit of your case number with wildcharacter (*).

Urgent help sought! - LC mess..

Guys can you please urgently help with the situation below?. Things are quite serious on my end and any advice/help appreciated!

Context

1) Company A LC was applied first; Company B bought company A

2) Later B applied for a 2nd LC

3) After that B applied for Perm Conversion was applied to retain LC(B)'s
priority date - lets call this PERM LC (C)

Complexities

1) C was rejected saying that it did not meet alternate
job requirement. Company B is appealing this and this is now in PERM reconsideration queue.

2) DOL was suppose to close B when PERM LC C was filed. Instead they approved B but borrowed A's case number!. In effect they ended up closing A since it lost its case number.

3) My company is trying to re-open A case but it is not known if a new case number will be given or DOL will withdraw it

Worst Case Screnario

1) If Perm Conversion (C) appeal is rejected then B also can be withdrawn by DOL.!

Then we will depend on A which is not yet in the DOL process list.

2) If A also gets withdrawn, then I may have to re-start the LC process but this is NOT possible given I have already used 6 yrs of H1!.

3) If all the above LC’s get withdrawn by DOL, there could be problem with H1-extension.

PLEASE HELP, since my LC state is really bad, and I want to see what all I can do to help resolve this issue.

thanks!

It seems logical that you should be able to recover LC A. But that may have required company B saying they took over LC A. Did you get a 45D letter for LC A?

You need immediate help from a lawyer to straighten out all this mess.

I hope the best for you.

peace4u said:
Guys can you please urgently help with the situation below?. Things are quite serious on my end and any advice/help appreciated!

Context

1) Company A LC was applied first; Company B bought company A

2) Later B applied for a 2nd LC

3) After that B applied for Perm Conversion was applied to retain LC(B)'s
priority date - lets call this PERM LC (C)

Complexities

1) C was rejected saying that it did not meet alternate
job requirement. Company B is appealing this and this is now in PERM reconsideration queue.

2) DOL was suppose to close B when PERM LC C was filed. Instead they approved B but borrowed A's case number!. In effect they ended up closing A since it lost its case number.

3) My company is trying to re-open A case but it is not known if a new case number will be given or DOL will withdraw it

Worst Case Screnario

1) If Perm Conversion (C) appeal is rejected then B also can be withdrawn by DOL.!

Then we will depend on A which is not yet in the DOL process list.

2) If A also gets withdrawn, then I may have to re-start the LC process but this is NOT possible given I have already used 6 yrs of H1!.

3) If all the above LC’s get withdrawn by DOL, there could be problem with H1-extension.

PLEASE HELP, since my LC state is really bad, and I want to see what all I can do to help resolve this issue.

thanks!

Should not be any problem

abhijeetb1974 said:
Don't know if i am posting this question in wrong section.

My 2nd term of H1 is expiring in Dec-2006 and I have my visa stamped on it.
Waiting for my L.C since almost 2-yrs now (P.D Sept-2004)

I am planning to go to India next month for 3-4 weeks (i.e be back in Sept-06).
Would I have any problems while comming back ? Do I need any papers or should I talk to my lawyer about that ?

Should not be any problem

I along with my wife visited India in same situation as yours.
Though my lawyer gave me certified copies of petition, nobody saw it when I returned. It is better to keep papers with you.
Do not forget all original I-94 cards, which should be stappled in your passport, given by immigration officer when you enter USA and any such card you received with your new I-797. Those will be taken back at US airport when you leave.

abhijeetb1974 said:

Would I have any problems while comming back ? Do I need any papers or should I talk to my lawyer about that ?

abhijeetb1974

abhijeetb1974 said:

make sure you have H1 approval and a letter from the employer stating you are still employed by them...that should be enough

Possible missing case - any suggestions/advice

Hi folks,

I filed my LC on Aug 2004. When filing my case, our lawyer has filed another application (Mr. X) too along with mine in the same package. He received the receipt for Mr.X application and he didn't receive the receipt of my case. For him, it didn't seem to be significant at that time. When he received Mr.X's 45DL in last May and another 45DL which is irrelavant to him, he got alert and sent a letter to BEC, Dallas inquriing about my case. I was unaware of this situation until I force my employer to apply for 7th yr. ext. I know it's my mistake that I didn't inquire about the receipt at the time of filing which I was not aware of such things.

Have anybody experienced such situation or have any idea how to proceed further? It has been more than 50 days that letter was sent to BEC and have got no reply so far. I have about 2 1/2 months from now for completing 6 yrs of H-1b. Any suggestions or advice will help me to deal with the situation to get 7th yr ext.

Expecting your reply soon,

Thanks.

Your Attorney Needs to Figure This Out

Hi there

This is an issue for your attorney to sort out - he was professionally negligent in not following up as soon as he received the receipt for Mr X and not for you. He has a fiduciary obligation to both your company AND you. It is up to him to figure this out and help you. I write this as an (non-immigration) attorney myself - I'm amazed at how badly a lot of immigration attorneys seem to treat people who post on this web site.

I keep my employer's immigration attorney on a very tight leash and they know that they need to contact me the second they receive any communications in connection with my labor certification etc.

Good luck.

thoppays said:
Hi folks,

I filed my LC on Aug 2004. When filing my case, our lawyer has filed another application (Mr. X) too along with mine in the same package. He received the receipt for Mr.X application and he didn't receive the receipt of my case. For him, it didn't seem to be significant at that time. When he received Mr.X's 45DL in last May and another 45DL which is irrelavant to him, he got alert and sent a letter to BEC, Dallas inquriing about my case. I was unaware of this situation until I force my employer to apply for 7th yr. ext. I know it's my mistake that I didn't inquire about the receipt at the time of filing which I was not aware of such things.

Have anybody experienced such situation or have any idea how to proceed further? It has been more than 50 days that letter was sent to BEC and have got no reply so far. I have about 2 1/2 months from now for completing 6 yrs of H-1b. Any suggestions or advice will help me to deal with the situation to get 7th yr ext.

Expecting your reply soon,

Thanks.

I cannot express my feelings for my immi lawyer negligence. Also I cannot understand why BEC has not replied so far (ie.even after 50 days). Do you have any idea if the immigration lawyers can meet the DOL/BEC officers directly to address the issues?

Thanks.

Lawyer..

triniti said:
It seems logical that you should be able to recover LC A. But that may have required company B saying they took over LC A. Did you get a 45D letter for LC A?

You need immediate help from a lawyer to straighten out all this mess.

I hope the best for you.

Triniti, thanks for your concern and advice.. The lawyers are trying to contact the folks at DBEC to reopen case (A) and get them to issue a proper 45 DAY letter with a new case number.. Are there any other suggestions to resolve this issue?.. Should I stick around in the same company or try to look for other comapnies who have a pre-approved labor. Please note though that I have crossed 6th year and only have till Jul 2007 for 7th year..

thoppays said:
I cannot express my feelings for my immi lawyer negligence. Also I cannot understand why BEC has not replied so far (ie.even after 50 days). Do you have any idea if the immigration lawyers can meet the DOL/BEC officers directly to address the issues?

Thanks.

thoppays,

i'm sorry to hear this, first time i've come across something like this. it's quite shocking that the lawyers would not make two distinct packages for each application just to save a few measly bucks in shipping costs. if i understood right, it sounds like the SWA treated one package as one application and issued one receipt number to it, failing to realize there were two applications in the same package.

this is just a suggestion but the SWA where your case was mailed to might be the right place to start. BEC might be genuinely taking the time to figure out what the hell happened here, but knowing the BECs, it is more likely they are playing the ostrich algorithm - "if we pretend we dont see the issue, then the issue does not exist". i wouldnt rely on the BECs.

jus_watching said:
thoppays,

i'm sorry to hear this, first time i've come across something like this. it's quite shocking that the lawyers would not make two distinct packages for each application just to save a few measly bucks in shipping costs. if i understood right, it sounds like the SWA treated one package as one application and issued one receipt number to it, failing to realize there were two applications in the same package.

this is just a suggestion but the SWA where your case was mailed to might be the right place to start. BEC might be genuinely taking the time to figure out what the hell happened here, but knowing the BECs, it is more likely they are playing the ostrich algorithm - "if we pretend we dont see the issue, then the issue does not exist". i wouldnt rely on the BECs.

I agree with you. We should start with SWA as you said. I want to mention one more thing here. In place of my 45DL, my lawyer has received another applicant's 45DL which is irrelavant to us. Now he is assuming that unrelated case contain the entire application of mine. I will figure out tomorrow morning with my lawyer.

45 Days letter

I have a question..What happen if the lawyer do not send in the 45 days letter in time. The lawyer is trying to contact my corporate office regarding documents that was requested from Dallas Backlog Center. I'm a week from the deadline and nothing has been done yet. What should I do? I have tried and call the corporate and have no answer.

If the reponse is not done within the time given by BEC then your case would be closed by BEC but your attorney could re-submit your LC application but it will lose the old PD, it will get the new PD.

My opinion is that, you have still one week so, don't waste an hour, do it ASAP. There is a lot of people replied same day.

haes75 said:
I have a question..What happen if the lawyer do not send in
the 45 days letter in time. The lawyer is trying to contact my corporate office regarding documents that was requested from Dallas Backlog Center. I'm a week from the deadline and nothing has been done yet. What should I do? I have tried and call the corporate and have no answer.

Can anyone recommend a good Immigration Attorney?

TempusFugit said:
Hi there

This is an issue for your attorney to sort out - he was professionally negligent in not following up as soon as he received the receipt for Mr X and not for you. He has a fiduciary obligation to both your company AND you. It is up to him to figure this out and help you. I write this as an (non-immigration) attorney myself - I'm amazed at how badly a lot of immigration attorneys seem to treat people who post on this web site.

I keep my employer's immigration attorney on a very tight leash and they know that they need to contact me the second they receive any communications in connection with my labor certification etc.

Good luck.

One of my friends seeking a good (inexpensive and dependable) Immigration Attorney. I know Rajiv Khanna and Sheela Murthy are good. Anybody know any one else?

Last edited by a moderator:
jhegde said:
One of my friends seeking a good (inexpensive and dependable) Immigration Attorney. I know Rajiv Khanna and Sheela Murthy are good. Anybody know any one else?

I have used Udai Singh of Duluth, GA few years back. He is good and I would have used him for my GC process except that I had to use the company designated lawyer. Here is his address:

Udai Singh, J.D., L.L.M.
2282 Birdie Lane, Duluth, GA 30096
Voice: 770-300-0894
Fax: 770-300-0893
udaisingh2000@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: