Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

No 45d letter yet

My PD is 12/2004. But still no 45d letter. Anyone in the same boat?

A friend of mine got her 45d letter last week. Although her PD is two month later than mine and we are from the same company. I didn't hire a lawyer for my LC application. I only consulted a lawyer for the filing process. I don't know if that makes any differences.

I called the state labor department today. No one answered the phone.

I haved heard that you can call 202 number to Dallas BEC. Anybody know the exact phone # I should dial?

Very desperate. Please help. Thanks.

Indian passport

Days_go_by said:
--
next year's quota would be released, a few more visas, it is not going to solve the retro issue. new visas issued in oct are not that many, eb2 could retrogress further, maybe to 2002 and stay there for another 2 years.
but this is for Eb2, India only, since you are in Eb2 worldwide, you are ok.

I wanted one more clarification.You see though i was born out of india i have indian passport .will that put me under indian quota for concurrent filing or worldwide.

If your country of citizenship is India 9holding Indian passport) then you will be considered Indian.

Most of the Gulf countries never give their citizenship though you were born those countries and lived for ever.

Chocolate said:
I wanted one more clarification.You see though i was born out of india i have indian passport .will that put me under indian quota for concurrent filing or worldwide.

great guru said:
If your country of citizenship is India 9holding Indian passport) then you will be considered Indian.

Most of the Gulf countries never give their citizenship though you were born those countries and lived for ever.

I thought it was birth certificate that decides which country's quota to file under right? and not the passport.

Citizenship

GC_Lover said:
I thought it was birth certificate that decides which country's quota to file under right? and not the passport.

I think it is the Citizenship of the country you currently hold, not the country that you were born in.

Last edited by a moderator:
great guru said:

Let me clarify this. Although i have a indian passport i was not born in India. .My birth country is Nigeria.when i am applying what would be considered the country of birth or country of citizenship.I have also lived in Nigeria for 9 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kupondole said:
I think it is the Citizenship of the country you currently hold, not the country that you were born in.

nope...its the birth certificate that determines.
I can go to Canada, stay there 3 years, take Canadian passport and be Canadian citizen but when I come to US for applying GC I would still fall under India since I was born there.

gc lover is right.
It's your place of birth that determines which category you come under.
citizenship does not matter.

Manubilga said:
Yes I am Canadian citizen but born in india My wife she is born candian What happanes with us

You can claim to be counted toward your wife's country. Since it is current for Canada, you can still file. Ask a lawyer for more details.

i requested my lawyer and he got the screen shot for me.
i already replied 45day letter on jan.2006.
my concern is processing types is blank and case source is blank.
does it mean anything.
also case status : data review
does it mean anything.
any help would be great.
thanks

MY ScreenShot:

ETA Case number: D-xxxxxx
Priority Date: 08/2001
Processing types: blank
Case source: blank
some info about employer here:
Case status: Data Review
Processing Center: DBEC
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

same here

I have the same question. I thought that after the 45 day letter the case status should cahnge and the number should be changed to a T-xxx number
Any input from the forum is appreciated

coolz said:
i requested my lawyer and he got the screen shot for me.
i already replied 45day letter on jan.2006.
my concern is processing types is blank and case source is blank.
does it mean anything.
also case status : data review
does it mean anything.
any help would be great.
thanks

MY ScreenShot:

ETA Case number: D-xxxxxx
Priority Date: 08/2001
Processing types: blank
Case source: blank
some info about employer here:
Case status: Data Review
Processing Center: DBEC
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

madjad said:
I have the same question. I thought that after the 45 day letter the case status should cahnge and the number should be changed to a T-xxx number
Any input from the forum is appreciated

Madjad,

Actually, T signifies that all the information has not been completely enetered in the system and D or P signifies that information entry has been completed. So, don't worry about it.

Kupondole said:
Madjad,

Actually, T signifies that all the information has not been completely enetered in the system and D or P signifies that information entry has been completed. So, don't worry about it.

what would mean case status: data review......
any thoughts on my case....would be glad to hear.

P.S. my lawyer thinks it wouldn't delay my case based on the approval rate he sees this time. but my thought is all luck....

thanks

Then you are a Nigerian for the US goverment... actually, from a greencard perspective, is a good thing because you also fall on the cathegory of "rest of the world".

Chocolate said:
Let me clarify this. Although i have a indian passport i was not born in India. .My birth country is Nigeria.when i am applying what would be considered the country of birth or country of citizenship.I have also lived in Nigeria for 9 years.

Its a relief.

CaptainPicard said:
Then you are a Nigerian for the US goverment... actually, from a greencard perspective, is a good thing because you also fall on the cathegory of "rest of the world".

Thanks for your input.Its lot of relief.So apart from Birth certificate what else shud i send when i apply for next stages.can i also file ead/ap along if my case is eb2.

45-Day Letter Received !

Just want to update...

Received 45-day letter from my lawyer just today, July 19th. Somehow we didn't receive employer's copy maybe because we moved 2 doors down from our previous address and letter carrier didn't have the initiative to locate us. Letter date was June 26th. Wrote down correction on employer's address and my boss signed just a while ago.

Right now, I am waiting for my lawyer's go-signal that I will be the one to send this continuance letter back to DBEC. For sure I can just do it but I have to let them know first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
IL/RIR
PD: 11/30/2004
Received by DBEC: 7/2005
Case Source: Region
Case Number on Previous Screenshot: T-XXXXXXXX
Case Number on 45-day Letter: D-05206-XXXXX
Case Status: BLANK
45-day Letter Received: 7/19/2006
45-day Letter Replied: 7/19/2006

LC during 7 th year

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct thread.. But I hope I can get some answers to my questions..

I am in 7 th year H1B with my LC in Dallas Backlog Center. For my work, I may need to move to a different state soon. This could be same or higher position, but the job nature will be the same. My question is:

1) Should I re apply a new LC if I move to a different state?
2) If yes, can I apply for LC under PERM, even I am in 7 th year (the 7-year H1B is valid only for 10 months now)
3) If I can apply new LC-PERM, can I maintain the PD of existing LC.

Appreciate any input.