Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

A friend of mine has a labour with PD 10/2001 pending in the BEC mess. He works for Company A. The labor is filed on his behalf by company B. When his Labor gets cleared does he have to join company B prior to applying for 140/485?

Any ideas how the whole thing works?

Thanks

immi24 said:
A friend of mine has a labour with PD 10/2001 pending in the BEC mess. He works for Company A. The labor is filed on his behalf by company B. When his Labor gets cleared does he have to join company B prior to applying for 140/485?

Any ideas how the whole thing works?

Thanks

---
no, he can continue with A, once his GC gets approved, he is "supposed to" work for B. he can join B for 6 months and then quit, just to be safe.

ETA case number???

GC Gurus,
can some one explain the significance of ETA case number, I mean what does it mean,
For example : D-05192-XXXXX

I know to the extent that the first two numbers represents the year (05) and the next three numbers represent the number of day in that year. what do I need to make out of rest of the numbers (the last 5 digits???)

thanks in advance.

karr said:
Visa Numbers are out for August and it bad news all the way. EB2 is now unavailable for India.

Employment Based
1st C C 01JAN06 C C
2nd C 01MAR05 U C C
3rd 01OCT01 01OCT01 01APR01 22APR01 01OCT01

Hi would like to know what is meaning of this "Visa Numbers are out for August and it bad news all the way. EB2 is now unavailable for India.
" does that mean all the EB2 files needs o be filed again or the visas filed in this category are no more valid .. Please let me know its kind of apperhensive

potlavs said:
Hi would like to know what is meaning of this "Visa Numbers are out for August and it bad news all the way. EB2 is now unavailable for India.
" does that mean all the EB2 files needs o be filed again or the visas filed in this category are no more valid .. Please let me know its kind of apperhensive
---
it means u have to wait till oct to file for 485 if u r in Eb2 India, no matter what ur PD is. No indians in Eb2 can file for 485.

coolz said:
lviswa, atleast seems good news to you.
i think i need to wish good luck to both of us.
mine pD was aug. 2001 and replied 45day letter on jan. 2006.
nothing till now.
i saw some got within a year or some within few months ...
but surprisingly 2004 are getting approved. i don't know...
its all about luck i think...i've been going crazy working in same place...
what a pain..........

well good luck....

I am in same boat. My PD is Aug. 2001. Got 45 DL on Oct 2005. No approval yet. I see some 2005 PD cases has been approved.

suggestion

immi24 said:
You may try doing so. You have nothing to lose. It may help in bringing your case into limelight.

immi24,

I would like to give it a try. Could you please give me more advice on this?

Thanks

Oct?

Days_go_by said:
---
it means u have to wait till oct to file for 485 if u r in Eb2 India, no matter what ur PD is. No indians in Eb2 can file for 485.

What will happen in Oct which will favor who are struggling with retro?any inputs

Moving on to the final Stage

Friends after waiting for nearly 5 years for my LC to clear which is still stuck in BEC, My company decided to file my 1-140 with a Pre approved LC, that was approved yesterday.

Vivek
my information

LC State: CA
LC Category: EB2 RIR
LC PD: Oct 2001
LC Remanded to State to be file Non RIR: Aug 2003
Transfer to BEC Dallas : Dec 2005
45 Day Letter Rec : 10 Dec 2005 Responded 15 Dec 2005
Approval : Waiting.......

LC State: CA
LC Category: EB2
LC PD: Feb 1999
LC SUB: Yes
I-140 FD: 05/17/06
I-140 RD: 05/22/06
I-140 LUD: 07/17/06
I-140 Receipt #:SRC-06-181-5XXXX
I-140 AD: 07/17/06
I-148 Concurrent file: No

Chocolate said:
What will happen in Oct which will favor who are struggling with retro?any inputs
--
next year's quota would be released, a few more visas, it is not going to solve the retro issue. new visas issued in oct are not that many, eb2 could retrogress further, maybe to 2002 and stay there for another 2 years.
but this is for Eb2, India only, since you are in Eb2 worldwide, you are ok.

Labor Approved

Hello Friends,

I am a silent follower, today is my turn labor got approved. I got NOF @ BEC, when we replied they approved within 2 days.

NOF was Line 14 was not clear with requirements, and Education Evaluation.

PD: 09/26/2003
IL
45 Letter: 03/15/2005
NOF: 06/12/2006
Replied: 07/10/2006
Approved: 07/14/2006

UN. Any NOF or RFE for you?

Thanks,

Screen shot- data review

My lawyer recently applied for a screen shot. On the document I have a D--- number and it says data review. I received my 45 day letter in april 2006 and replied soon thereafter . My understanding was that after the 45 day letter, the number is changed to T---. I am concerned that the 45 day letter may be lost int he system.
1. How can I find out if they actually received my 45 day letter?
2. When does the D-- change to T--- ann what are the implications of data review? :confused:
All the gurus please comment

PD: December 2004,
Category, EB2, special handling-University professor
state: Michigan

IS there any end to retrogression?

Days_go_by said:
--
next year's quota would be released, a few more visas, it is not going to solve the retro issue. new visas issued in oct are not that many, eb2 could retrogress further, maybe to 2002 and stay there for another 2 years.
but this is for Eb2, India only, since you are in Eb2 worldwide, you are ok.

ANy idea /speculations as to how many visa number will be released? This all seems very gloomy!One waits for Labor for ever and there does not seem like there is any hope on the horizon! :(

madjad said:
ANy idea /speculations as to how many visa number will be released? This all seems very gloomy!One waits for Labor for ever and there does not seem like there is any hope on the horizon! :(
---

This data is from www.immigrationvoice.com, FAQs link->Green Card Problems
->Last paragraph

Retrogression: Why Now?

* Annual Limits on EB – 140,000 – dependents included only 67,630 primary EB applicants eligible.
* Per-Country Limits – 7%, when per-country limits are binding only 1,350 primary applicants for each EB subcategory eligible.
* USCIS processing less than annual limit, loss of visa numbers (141,000 in 2001-2004), not automatically recaptured for next year or backlog.
* AC21 mandated recaptures of visa numbers lost in 1999-2000 –used up in 2005.
* Bureaucratic delays since 2001, followed by sudden approval of I-485s in past year – disproportionate demand for numbers in annual limit. DOL BEC backlog introduced very old cases into stream.

so, 1350 is the number you are looking for in 2007 per category per country.
And there are couple of bills introduced to relieve retrogression, but unless we push reall hard, those bills are not going anywhere.

any update of tracking system?

guys, any one had any idea when can we expect tracking system from DBLC. As I read in some last thread that we would be having a tracking site in last week of july. But there on had not seen any updates in any forum.

B'cause only this tracking system can save most of us from employers, who don't reveal us for many months that our labor is approved. As they want to earn as much as they can. They knew most of us are with them just for labor/GC.

Any ideas?

immwaiting said:
Hello Friends,

I am a silent follower, today is my turn labor got approved. I got NOF @ BEC, when we replied they approved within 2 days.

NOF was Line 14 was not clear with requirements, and Education Evaluation.

PD: 09/26/2003
IL
45 Letter: 03/15/2005
NOF: 06/12/2006
Replied: 07/10/2006
Approved: 07/14/2006

UN. Any NOF or RFE for you?

Thanks,

Great, congrats on ur approvals, these silent readers get all the info they can/need from these forums, but don't even care to give out anymore information they have.
Do you care to say more on your nof, did it come from DAL or PHL, if you know, how ur lawyer replied to it??

Nof

csrini1 said:
Great, congrats on ur approvals, these silent readers get all the info they can/need from these forums, but don't even care to give out anymore information they have.
Do you care to say more on your nof, did it come from DAL or PHL, if you know, how ur lawyer replied to it??

Thank you, If I don't want to give, probably I would have not post it. I would like to share with people that's why I posted. Anyway mine is from DAL and I don't know how my attorney replied. This is not DESI Company.