Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

IL EB3 November 2004

Gcdedo,
I also filed in November 2004. My attorney says, he has not got any confirmation from DOL cos, IL SWA/Chicago stopped reviewing cases at that point and forwarded then all to DBEC. So, other than my attorney's word, I do not have any other proof that my case was submitted to DOL. So, I am assuming my PD is November 2004.

Since, you said your PD is December 2004, I was curious if you received any confirmation letter from DOL specifying your PD when you submitted your LC. Obviously now you have received your 45 day letter. Congratulations!

H1-B Transfer with 8th Year Extension Pending !!

Hi,

I know this question is off the DBPC but i need help so please dont get annoyed.

A question for the Gurus/Attorneys

I am on my 7th year extension as of now. Labor petition (RIR from IOWA )filed with my current Employer A Dec 2003 ( RD Jan 2004 ) pending in the Dallas Backlog Processing Center .

My 7th year extentsion expires on the 1st of May 2006, and my 8th Year extension has been filed with the current Employer A.

Employer B wants to hire me.

Q1> Can Employer B TRANSFER the H1B once the 8th Year extension has been approved with Employer A.

If Yes then :

Q2> Can Employer B get Extensions after the Transfer of H1B from Employer A since they would have filed my PERM (Ad's are already running for a while now ) before the 1st Of May 2006 and it gives them more than 365 days ?

Please advise.

Thanks

TX Cases

Have any TX cases recd 45 day letter recently? Please post if your case is from TX and waiting for 45 day letter.

I am seeing lots of approvals from late 2004, but nothing from Texas.

I am waiting LC too. But , my company's lawyer did confirm that he received 45-DL for my case in Sep 2005. (I haven't seen the copy myself though.)

am100 said:
Have any TX cases recd 45 day letter recently? Please post if your case is from TX and waiting for 45 day letter.

labor substitution - urgent

All,

Please someone help me.

I am planning to substitute a pre-approved labor. I have few questions about this labor. I want to make sure that I can use this.

The pre-approved labor requires the following:
1. M.Sc in Computer Science and 2 years experience
2. Position: QA
3. Skill Set: oracle, java, sql server (non-AS/400)

But I have the following qualificationds
1. M.Sc in Mathematics, PGDCA and I have around 9 years experience
2. My current position is Sr Programar/Analyst
3. Skill Set: AS/400

Can I substitute this labor. Please someone reply.

Thanks

setram said:
All,

Please someone help me.

I am planning to substitute a pre-approved labor. I have few questions about this labor. I want to make sure that I can use this.

The pre-approved labor requires the following:
1. M.Sc in Computer Science and 2 years experience
2. Position: QA
3. Skill Set: oracle, java, sql server (non-AS/400)

But I have the following qualificationds
1. M.Sc in Mathematics, PGDCA and I have around 9 years experience
2. My current position is Sr Programar/Analyst
3. Skill Set: AS/400

Can I substitute this labor. Please someone reply.

Thanks

If the requirements for the Education says M.Sc in Computer Science Or M.Sc in Mathematics Or Equivalent you have chances but if it says M.Sc in Computer Science only, you do not have any chances.

45 day letter

mjadala said:
Gcdedo,
I also filed in November 2004. My attorney says, he has not got any confirmation from DOL cos, IL SWA/Chicago stopped reviewing cases at that point and forwarded then all to DBEC. So, other than my attorney's word, I do not have any other proof that my case was submitted to DOL. So, I am assuming my PD is November 2004.

Since, you said your PD is December 2004, I was curious if you received any confirmation letter from DOL specifying your PD when you submitted your LC. Obviously now you have received your 45 day letter. Congratulations!

No Mjadala, I didnt had anything when it was submitted to then state labor. All I had from my lawyer was FEDEX tracking number.

But Once you get your 45 day letter you should be able to get your ETA Number

am100 said:

I have not heard anything from the DBEC. My details are below.

TX/EB2/RIR
PD:10/2004
RD:Did not make ir to regional

If you look at my PD it is June, 2004 I did not receive 45 days letter yet, where as PD with December, 2004 is getting 45 days letter. It's totally inconsistent. But anyway, congratulations to whom get 45 days letter !!

mjadala said:
Gcdedo,

why only Jan&Feb'04 Texas cases have not recevied 45 ltr but March04

Am100&immi_seeeker

Wondering whether BEC had misplaced Jan &Feb 2004 Texas RIR cases or what?, why only two months cases have not received 45 days letter until today, my attorney is useless, he would not find out anything.

AM100, is there any way you can ask your lawyer to check status with BEC?

pd->01/07/2004
RIR,TX
No 45 days letter.

Contact info

uhbiv said:
Ask for Latanya Smith or Joe Luna @ 214 237 9111.
Emails will be lsmith or jluna @ dal.dflc.us
i called the number u gave left a message on latanya's answering m/c but she never called back .will they atleast answer the e-mail.

I doubt it..

Chocolate said:
i called the number u gave left a message on latanya's answering m/c but she never called back .will they atleast answer the e-mail.
Unfortunately, I dont think they are interested in queries from applicants.. If at all they answer - it will only to attorney/employee

Labor got approved !

Hey Guys,

I got a letter from my lawer saying that my labor certification got approved.
I am so happy today !
Best of luck to all of those who are waiting. Please be patient your day will also come.

EB2, RIR, MO
PD: 09-24-2004
Case Number: D-05010-xxxxx
RD: ???
45 day letter: 03-2005
45 day letter replied: 03-2005
Arroval: Approved 04/12/2006 :)

Sad state

peace4u said:
Unfortunately, I dont think they are interested in queries from applicants.. If at all they answer - it will only to attorney/employee

Yes true she didnt call me back and next time i called the lady who picked up said sorry only lawyers and employers we respond to.the thing is i am sure my case is approved as 45 day letter is answered in Oct 2005.My case number is also near to all the cases which are approved.

gcdedo said:
No Mjadala, I didnt had anything when it was submitted to then state labor. All I had from my lawyer was FEDEX tracking number.

But Once you get your 45 day letter you should be able to get your ETA Number

Thanks Gcdedo!

some thoughts

As soon as my lawyer replies to me with my case #, I will let you know.

On a different note:

I look at all dates of the PDs and the approvals and cannot help wondering if the reason we cannot predict when the case is going to be approved is mostly in the Human Factor.

1)For example, how clear and concise the case is presented and how much evidence is provided. Picture this: probably 70-80% of DOL employees are not very experienced or newcomers and 20-30% of DOL employees are the old-timers. Junior DOL employess go through the cases on FIFO base, but only if it's a straightforward case, where they feel comfortable about making a decision. If the case is not so clear and straightforward, then they put it on the table for their bosses to decide, who are already superbusy and whose pile of cases is growing bigger every day, plus they have to go to all these meeting, write the reports and etc. So some of the cases end up in this pile and stay there for a long time.

2) Maybe the name of the immigration Law firm which prepared the paperwork also makes a difference. Maybe DOL knows who is reliable and trustworthy and who does a more questionable job. Maybe they sort the cases based on that too. I have heard that some law firms have a special relationship with INS and DOL (I don't know if it's true or not).

3) Maybe again it's how well the case is presented. If it's well organized and
clear-cut, DOL employee can quickly make a decision, without double-checking if it contains enough evidence or not to approve the Labor.

4) Maybe it is whose table it ends up on. I can totally picture DOL having a department meeting, where one team goes through 1000 cases per week and another team through 100 cases per week. I wonder do they write their "attainable goals" - like "make a decision on 10 cases per days" :) ?

I am just throwing out some of my thoughts to you, guys. I have been thinking about it for 2 years, plus I had enough experience with the Corporate America and how it works.
However, if it's really the Human Factor, then there is no way to predict when a case will be approved.

Good Luck to you all,

Leina.

CA_Man_In_Labor said:
Leina,

Can you please find your Case # from your attorney (last few digits crossed out)

You are very lucky to get an approval with a CA PD of 9/2004. I have a PD of 5 months before yours (4/2004), yet no news of a 45-day letter! My case number is D-05-196-XXXXX (EB2 RIR CA)

Anybody else with a CA PD around 4/2004 in the same boat as me, waiting for the 45-day letter or is my case an odd one?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status After 45 day notice

Hi Gurus,
what should be the status of the app after 45 days letter notice has been replied to. My attorney requested for a screen shot to extend my H1-B. The case status says 'Data Review'. What does that mean ??? Is this the correct status. I tried looking for posts on this issue, but not much luck. Would appreciate any replies.

21stIcon said:
Am100&immi_seeeker

Wondering whether BEC had misplaced Jan &Feb 2004 Texas RIR cases or what?, why only two months cases have not received 45 days letter until today, my attorney is useless, he would not find out anything.

AM100, is there any way you can ask your lawyer to check status with BEC?

pd->01/07/2004
RIR,TX
No 45 days letter.

same here. My attorneys wont contact DBEC until I need the H1 extension. I am just concerned that the 45 day letter can get lost in the mail, and DBEC can close the case if they dont get any response. I am seeing lots of approvals for late 2004, so wanted to reach out to other TX cases to check if they have recd 45 day letter.

Folks - any ideas on how we can figure out the status of the 45 day letter? I know there are a lot of big corporate employers in TX who have numerous cases pending at DBEC. Guys, please provide any updates?