Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I am also waiting

AnbuFl,

I am also waiting from my LC certification. Please see my signature. No RFE so far. The only thing they asked us in the 45 day letter is company's credentials.

Bimmer740i

iobelix:

Sorry to hear that. Here are the answers (according to my knowledge):

1. I never heard of LC transfer. You may consult the company lawyer about getting another year of H1b extension based on the pending LC. You may obtain a screen shot from Dallas BEC - as long as the LC is not adjudicated. File the H1b extension ~6 months before expiry of 6 -year limit.
2. No, the new company can file a PERM but with a new PD. You can retain PD of the previous company only when you have the I-140 approved.
3. Yes, you wll get 3-years H1b extension based on your I-140 approval from the new company.

About 'other options', I am not an expert, let the Gurus answer.

iobelix said:
Hi,
My company closed its business recently. I'm in my 6th year of my H1 with approximately 8 months left. My LC is pending for 20 months now.

- If I get an offer from a local company within the same city, should I ask them to transfer the LC? Is it even possible?
- Apply for a PERM with the new company and if I do that will they be able to hold my old LC's PD?
- If I get my PERM and I-140 before the end of my 6th year, can I get extensions?

Are there any other options?
Thanks in advance.

luckday said:
For California SESA, they are processing cases Jan/Feb 2004 before sending them to DBEC. I knew my case never made it to regional because I called the California SESA sometime in March 04. Hope this help. This is purely my lawyer opinion, as long as you got your 45DL and reply it promptly, you case will be enter into the system and will be awaiting approval from the CO. The DEBC is only process/certify those who received and replied the 45DL doesn't matter you made it to regional or not. Furthermore, he also mention no such things as FIFO. Please don't argue with me on this because this is just an individual (lawyer) opinion. Thanks
wow!!, approvals for 2004 cases!! and we are still waiting!!
Details in signature...

Hi All! I'm new to this forum. Can somebody point me to the spreadsheet that tracks the LC approvals at Dallas processing center?

Also I'm very unfamiliar with lot of terms used on this thread, kindly somebody guide me over what is expected in my case:-

LC PIR Priority Date: 09/17/2004

The last update that I have is that the "Oregon SWA transferred LC Application to Dallas Backlog Processing Center 2/25/2005. FN notified (I don't know what "FN notified" means...)"

Can somebody tell me what is happening? and when can i get LC approval?

Thank you in advance!

dallasbpc said:
Hi All! I'm new to this forum. Can somebody point me to the spreadsheet that tracks the LC approvals at Dallas processing center?

Also I'm very unfamiliar with lot of terms used on this thread, kindly somebody guide me over what is expected in my case:-

LC PIR Priority Date: 09/17/2004

The last update that I have is that the "Oregon SWA transferred LC Application to Dallas Backlog Processing Center 2/25/2005. FN notified (I don't know what "FN notified" means...)"

Can somebody tell me what is happening? and when can i get LC approval?

Thank you in advance!

Not earlier than in 3 years, based on their current speed and activities.
I would be more than happy if I am wrong in it.

Lost job in the 6th year

I am also facing the same situation. My LC is pending for 3 years. Got the 45-day letter last month. My 6-year visa ends in 8 months. Just last week lost my job. I inquired with my lawyer. her reply:
- LC cannot be transferred to new filing by new employer.
- PD from pending LC cannot be carried over to new filing.
- You can get extensions by 1 year increment, since the old GC has been pending for more than 1 year. But try to get a screen-shot asap from the lawyer.
- File new H1B with new company asap. And also file new GC asap.

If you have the cooperation of the current lawyer to providing the documents, etc, it will greatly help.

Good luck!!

iobelix said:
Hi,
My company closed its business recently. I'm in my 6th year of my H1 with approximately 8 months left. My LC is pending for 20 months now.

- If I get an offer from a local company within the same city, should I ask them to transfer the LC? Is it even possible?
- Apply for a PERM with the new company and if I do that will they be able to hold my old LC's PD?
- If I get my PERM and I-140 before the end of my 6th year, can I get extensions?

Are there any other options?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am not an expert on this but I am just trying to share my experience. I think RVA your situation and IOBELIX situation is little different. You lost your job but your company is still in business but IOBELIX company closed their door, so I believe his/her LC application no longer valid. The only solution he/she has to join any company immediately and apply PERM to get LC approved before 6 years complete. He should not wait for a single day. He/She has only 8 months left. He/She has to do this within 8 months I believe.

I hope it helps.

Thanks !

rva said:
I am also facing the same situation. My LC is pending for 3 years. Got the 45-day letter last month. My 6-year visa ends in 8 months. Just last week lost my job. I inquired with my lawyer. her reply:
- LC cannot be transferred to new filing by new employer.
- PD from pending LC cannot be carried over to new filing.
- You can get extensions by 1 year increment, since the old GC has been pending for more than 1 year. But try to get a screen-shot asap from the lawyer.
- File new H1B with new company asap. And also file new GC asap.

If you have the cooperation of the current lawyer to providing the documents, etc, it will greatly help.

Good luck!!

misunderstood said:
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH NVIREN. FOLKS, THE ONLY THING WE ARE DOING IN THESE FORMS IS TALKING ABOUT OUR ISSUES AND ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS FOR GETTING HELP,

BUT, IT WOULD HELP SO MUCH IF WE ALSO TALKED ABOUT HOW TO REFORM THE SITUATION. THIS IS WHAT immigrationvoice.com IS ALL ABOUT.

PLEASE JOIN IMMIGRATIONVOICE.COM, AND CONTRIBUTE, TIME, MONEY AND IDEAS.

immigrationvoice.com has ALSO been endorsed by many reputed lawyers including Mr.Rajiv Khanna.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE HOW ORGANIZED ANTI-IMMIGRATION GROUPS ARE, JUST GO TO numbersusa.com AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF WHAT WE LEGAL IMMIGRANT HOPEFULS ARE UP AGAINST.

I had impression that the backlog issues are very low on their agenda. Their main task is fighting retrogression.
The very concrete step to deal with the BEC backlog is the lawsuit against DOL, which unfortunately is not on the IV.com agenda.
Guys if you do want to get out of this mess and are willing to do something tangible beside venting out your anger and complaining to each other consider supporting the lawsuit.

Hi All,
I am not sure whether this is the right forum or not .......
I got my labor approved couple of weeks back(After 4 and a half years).My 7th year H1B was filed in Dec 2005 while my labor was pending.Since my labor is cleared now are there any dangers for not getting the 7 th year extension.....not sure about the rule
Please advise.

Thanks
dask_1
PD :Jan 31 2002
EB3 -CA
Approval date 02/15/2006

Can you post all the details of your case please?

dask_1 said:
Hi All,
I am not sure whether this is the right forum or not .......
I got my labor approved couple of weeks back(After 4 and a half years).My 7th year H1B was filed in Dec 2005 while my labor was pending.Since my labor is cleared now are there any dangers for not getting the 7 th year extension.....not sure about the rule
Please advise.

Thanks
dask_1
PD :Jan 31 2002
EB3 -CA
Approval date 02/15/2006

Since your LC is already approved you will get yearly extension with No problem. Can you post all the details of your case please?

Need Help

I hope this is the right forum to post. My LC is certified in 12/2005 with PD 08/2003. I just found out my previous LC with previous employer with PD 04/2001 got approved too. In short, can I file my I-140 base on the earliest PD, which is 04/2001? I know if I have previous approved 1-140, I can return the 04/2001 PD, but I don’t. I am going to file my 1st I-140 next month. If anyone know is possible to retain the earliest PD, please send to the link or documentation. Thanks

Is your info in Tracker?

2lc2 said:
I hope this is the right forum to post. My LC is certified in 12/2005 with PD 08/2003. I just found out my previous LC with previous employer with PD 04/2001 got approved too. In short, can I file my I-140 base on the earliest PD, which is 04/2001? I know if I have previous approved 1-140, I can return the 04/2001 PD, but I don’t. I am going to file my 1st I-140 next month. If anyone know is possible to retain the earliest PD, please send to the link or documentation. Thanks

Yes you can. Just file your I-140 with older LC. So you won't have problems filing 485 also.

Also, I looked for your info on the tracker, but did not find yours. Is your lC information updated in the tracker? If not, can you give all the details so moderator of the tracker can update your info. This will help everyone here.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
jhegde said:
Yes you can. Just file your I-140 with older LC. So you won't have problems filing 485 also.

Also, I looked for your info on the tracker, but did not find yours. Is your lC information updated in the tracker? If not, can you give all the details so moderator of the tracker can update your info. This will help everyone here.
Thanks.

Thanks jhegde. Correct me if I am wrong, I can file the I-140 with the older LC PD eventhough the older LC is with my previous company?

My info is:
1st LC KS EB3 PD 04/2001 (certified)
2nd LC CA EB3 PD 08/2003 (certified 12/2005)

Can some body please comment and recommend something on my case.

State -- Approved
Forwarded to Region and then to DBEC.
45 day letter received and responded in Jan 2005.

Screen shot says this:
PD -- June 2002 (Non-RIR EB2)
RD -- 10/22/2004
Case Source -- State
Case Status -- Data Review
ETA # -- D-04310-XXXXX
Processing type -- <blank>
Data Entry Assigned to -- <blank>

My attorney is saying that your case is fine.

Which Sate?

akam25 said:

State -- Approved

Screen shot says this:
PD -- June 2002
RD -- 10/22/2004
Case Source -- State
ETA # -- D-04310-XXXXX

Mine also same. Processing Type is blank. Lawyer said they confirmed with DBEC that though processing type field is blank its RIR. Your case source should say Region. Data Review means as good as incomplete. BTW, which state is your LC from ?

Your case is exact to mine in all aspects. For the first time I have found somebody on this forum so similar.
Anyway my case # id D-04348-XXXXX and I'm still waiting. My case status was Data Review then went to RIR and now back to Data Review.
Do not what they are up to.
Kindly let me know when you get your LC.

akam25 said:

State -- Approved

Screen shot says this:
PD -- June 2002 (Non-RIR EB2)
RD -- 10/22/2004
Case Source -- State
ETA # -- D-04310-XXXXX

Mine is Montana. I also thought that case source should be Region. Should I send an email/fax to DOL to correct the case source. My attorney said it is all junk and your case should be fine.
jhegde said:
Mine also same. Processing Type is blank. Lawyer said they confirmed with DBEC that though processing type field is blank its RIR. Your case source should say Region. Data Review means as good as incomplete. BTW, your LC is from which state?

Use your opportunity

akam25 said:
Mine is Montana. I also thought that case source should be Region. Should I send an email/fax to DOL to correct the case source. My attorney said it is all junk and your case should be fine.

I think you have a better opportunity to contact DBEC. While correcting the case source, chances are you may be certified. Ask your attorney to contact them. If your lawyer is adamant and playing the same Tape, like mine did, contact your local congressman to fix the error.