Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Actually my state is LA and my source is Region

akam25 said:
Mine is Montana. I also thought that case source should be Region. Should I send an email/fax to DOL to correct the case source. My attorney said it is all junk and your case should be fine.

I'll try again

I've tried asking this a few times but with no luck. I'll try again. Since I have NEVER recieved a 45 day letter (EB-2, CA, RIR, PD 9-20-04), what does that mean in terms of time. Has anyone got LC WITHOUT the 45 day letter. I really want to change jobs and move out of state but am afraid to give up my PD if LC might come this year. On the other hand if it will be years, maybe I should move and try it under PERM. Does anyone have any idea when a 9-04 PD date without a 45DL might be LC?

not worth it?

I have the same question that you have and my PD is even earlier.. Apr 2004. Still no 45 DL. I feel dejected.. and even get the feeling that "tracking cases" isnt worth the while, because its like trying to look for a pattern in chaos.. Chaos IS the only pattern
GCby2050 said:
I've tried asking this a few times but with no luck. I'll try again. Since I have NEVER recieved a 45 day letter (EB-2, CA, RIR, PD 9-20-04), what does that mean in terms of time. Has anyone got LC WITHOUT the 45 day letter. I really want to change jobs and move out of state but am afraid to give up my PD if LC might come this year. On the other hand if it will be years, maybe I should move and try it under PERM. Does anyone have any idea when a 9-04 PD date without a 45DL might be LC?

GCby2050 said:

Try sending email to h1b7yr@phi id and see what happens.
Even though couple of people reported that their LC is approved with out 45 day letter, i very much doubt it. I think you are better off with the impression that it will not be the case.(meaning first 45day letter, then wait, then approval)
Lets say your LC is approved in 12 months from current company. How can you use this PD when u apply thru PERM from another company?? I thought you have to start from scratch again with new company, may be not true if you have approved i-140??

sorry if i confused you even further...

for JHEGDE

"Data Review means as good as incomplete"--- YOU MEAN DBEC needs more clarification/documents from us ..just curious
My case status is also "Data review" and processing type <blank> as of 3/1/06( it was RIR on 8/2005) .

PD 2/2004 D-05011-1xxxx

jhegde said:
Mine also same. Processing Type is blank. Lawyer said they confirmed with DBEC that though processing type field is blank its RIR. Your case source should say Region. Data Review means as good as incomplete. BTW, which state is your LC from ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much approvals.

There is not that many approvals from DBEC from the past 15 days .Are they resting after a rush of Jan 2004 -March 2004 approvals in January . hope not.
But can never tell.
PD 5/2004
Approval -Waiting

Labor approved

Dear Friends,

Finally, I got the good news from my lawer via mail that my labor certificate is approved. Below is my detailed infomation:

PD: May 17, 2004
RD: Oct 18, 2004
45 day letter received on: Feb 4, 2005
45 day letter received on: Feb 9, 2005
DBEC No.: D-05005-10***
Labor approved on: will post the exact approval date after I receive my copy of approval notice.
RIR EB2

I got so much valuable information from this forum and thank you all of you for sharing. I know a lot of guys are still waiting in the dark, please hanging there, your day will come. Feel free to ask any questions.

Ivy

which state

Congrats. In which state did you file your LC?. Also, is the RD information posted below, something you got form the screen shot, or is it based on information that lawyer gave you.

ivyperfume said:
Dear Friends,

Finally, I got the good news from my lawer via mail that my labor certificate is approved. Below is my detailed infomation:

PD: May 17, 2004
RD: Oct 18, 2004
45 day letter received on: Feb 4, 2005
45 day letter received on: Feb 9, 2005
DBEC No.: D-05005-10***
Labor approved on: will post the exact approval date after I receive my copy of approval notice.
RIR EB2

I got so much valuable information from this forum and thank you all of you for sharing. I know a lot of guys are still waiting in the dark, please hanging there, your day will come. Feel free to ask any questions.

Ivy

peace4u said:
Congrats. In which state did you file your LC?. Also, is the RD information posted below, something you got form the screen shot, or is it based on information that lawyer gave you.

I filed fron Ohio. The RD info is from the copy of transmittal notice from ohio SWA I got from my lawer, so it is pretty solid. By the way, I did have a state inquiry before the case is transferred to Chicago DOL. They asked for a letter from an authorized person in my company. Hope this helps.

My own labor was applied in TX in 2002. We received 45 day letter in feb 2005. Yesterday I received the approval notice dated Feb 13th.

PD : 05/15/2002
Regional : 07/10/2004
45 Day letter : Feb 2005
Approved : Feb 13th 2006

Chocolate said:
There is not that many approvals from DBEC from the past 15 days .Are they resting after a rush of Jan 2004 -March 2004 approvals in January . hope not.
But can never tell.
PD 5/2004
Approval -Waiting

The DOL promissed to "align" processing in DBEC and PBEC. This probably is their "alignment" in action.

Thanks jewelhaque, rva & manwithnoname.

I have a follow up question. If I get my PERM done from a new company before the end of my 6th year and if the I140 is still pending, can I get one year extension?

Thanks again

jewelhaque said:
Hello,

I am not an expert on this but I am just trying to share my experience. I think RVA your situation and IOBELIX situation is little different. You lost your job but your company is still in business but IOBELIX company closed their door, so I believe his/her LC application no longer valid. The only solution he/she has to join any company immediately and apply PERM to get LC approved before 6 years complete. He should not wait for a single day. He/She has only 8 months left. He/She has to do this within 8 months I believe.

I hope it helps.

Thanks !

Hi jewelhaque, rva, manwithnonam & others

I'm in my 6th year of my H1 with approximately 8 months left. My LC is pending for 20 months now. My company is shutting a part of its operations and I would be affected by that.

I recently found out that if I get hired by company B, I can get a 7th year extension based the LC filed by Company A (Company A has agreed not to revoke the pending LC they filed for me). However I can apply for the 7th year extension only in June (6 months before the end of 6th year).

The questions is: What if my LC filed by company A gets approved before June 2006 (LC no longer pending) and I am with Company B by then. Can I still use that LC from company A to get the 7th year extension? If I cannot use that LC then what are my options?

Thanks.

Looks like DBEC is concentrrating on 45DL

Chocolate said:
But can never tell.
PD 5/2004
Approval -Waiting

Looks like they are told to process 45DL instead of working on adjudicating more cases. Though, we still can't say for another 3-4 weeks, but I'm afraid, if the current trend continues, it may go untill end June or even more. Hope not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping of moving along

jhegde said:
Looks like they are told to process 45DL instead of working on adjudicating more cases. Though, we still can't say for another 3-4 weeks, but I'm afraid, if the current trend continues, it may go untill end June or even more. Hope not.
seeing somebody with May 17th 2004 PD approval i was just hoping for mine also getting cleared as i am also having PD of May 24 2004.sick of all the visa extensions want to get EAD and get it over with .

Hi IOBELIX,

I am sorry I think I misunderstood you, I thought Company A is totally going out of business but it is not which is very good news for you. I think you already know about it, now a days you can apply LC only through PERM, so join Company B ASAP and submit your LC ASAP. And apply for 7th year extension as you mentioned probably 6 months prior to end of 6th year.

Everything will be fine. Just one important suggestion, always try to be pro-active with your attorney. Don't wait for them to call you, you make a plan and then you follow up with your attorney according to your plan.

I am really glad that you don't have to worry any more. Take care.

Thanks !

iobelix said:
Hi jewelhaque, rva, manwithnonam & others

I'm in my 6th year of my H1 with approximately 8 months left. My LC is pending for 20 months now. My company is shutting a part of its operations and I would be affected by that.

I recently found out that if I get hired by company B, I can get a 7th year extension based the LC filed by Company A (Company A has agreed not to revoke the pending LC they filed for me). However I can apply for the 7th year extension only in June (6 months before the end of 6th year).

The questions is: What if my LC filed by company A gets approved before June 2006 (LC no longer pending) and I am with Company B by then. Can I still use that LC from company A to get the 7th year extension? If I cannot use that LC then what are my options?

Thanks.

Chicago 08/2004

Hi,

I am visiting this forum after almost an year. Cannot believe that people are so active here! I am starting to get worried abt my labor case pending at the Dallas BEC.

My case details are:
Priority Date: Aug 16th 2004
Filed at: Illinois Foreign Labor Certification Unit

I don't think my case passed the state level, so it was pending at state level when it went to the BEC. No 45-day letter yet. I don't know what to expect now. I know ppl who have got their 45-day letter around a similar priority date.

When I spoke to my lawyer about filing a new PERM case, she says that there is no point. The retrogression is pretty much rendering it useless right now.

Anyone knows what is the expectation from Dallas BEC and what my best options are here?

Screen shot info for Dallas

Screen shot info for Dallas:
Pls contact Joe Luna @ 214-237-9111.
Ask your attorney to get in touch. Personal enquiries are not entertained.

Call your Senator now

Gang:

I just called my Senator's office (find yours here http://capwiz.com/aila2/callalert/index.tt?alertid=8530336&type=TA ).

I sent two very basic messages with the goal of decreasing time for LEGAL immigration:
1. Help speed up BEC labor certs
2. Increase number of green card visa's available

I was told that the family based immigration "comittee" is lobying very hard for family reunification -- this would use a great many visa's.

Although I only talked to an immigration staffer, he said calling now will be helpful but realistically, calling and faxing at the last minute like last time (re: S1932) really has no effect as most decisions are already made.

Brian also told me that the problem with LEGAL immigration is the fact that the ILLEGALS are tied into us, and most time and effort is going towards them.

I asked about AMNESTY for ALL LEGAL people in the system and if it is even talked about -- he said it is a buzz word that is out there.

ALL - please call your Senator's offices and very politely pass along the message of LEGAL immigration. Keep it simple and keep it kind.

I also called my congressman last week and talked about the same issues.

Approvals for Mar/Apr'04 cases

Is there anyone, who is still waiting for approval, whose priority data is March/April '04 and was in Regional before transferring to DBEC.

Since, I see that some people with May'04 PD are getting approvals, but there are cases, I heard of, with Mar/Apr '04 Priority, who made to Regional earlier, are still waiting. My case falls in this category and anyone else has any updates on this, if they are in the same boat.

:mad: