Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Dallas BEC and PERM

Hi everyone,

My case was filed under Non-RIR/EB3 with priority day of May 2003. My case is with Dallas BEC. I have not received 45 day letter or any other communication from BEC.

My company is ready to file for PERM for my case. I'll start my sixth year of H1 next month. My company's policy is that they would file PERM under different job category. They have been preoparing the forms over last 4-5 months. Earliest they would be able to apply is Feb 2006.

I was wondering if this is the right move for me or not ? Should I wait on my original application or go with PERM ? If my PERM gets approved then my priority date would be of 2006 and that can hurt me bad for I-485 as it is retrogressed and current visa number they are processing is from 2001.

I'm not sure what should do. Wait for the original one or go with PERM ?

Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sanjay

Congratulations!!!

I would appreciate if you could share your first five digits of your CASE#?

Thanks
Raj
CASE# D-05145-XXXXX

BanksOfBarani said:
Hi folks,
I have been a silent member of this forum for sometime.
Information from this forum is really helpfull. Thanx.

Got my labor approved atlast.
Good luck.

SV2001 said:
Hello my friend,
I'm in the same boat.

PD 12/29/2003 (IA)
RD 03/08/2004 (Chicago)

45 Day letter rcvd & rpld in Feb 05
EB3 RIR

Hi SV2001,

Did u try to contact ur employer/lawyer regarding ur labor ? What is their opinion ?

thanks

I there anyone who is in the same boat as that of me?

DBEC lost my ETA Part A and B and called my lawyer if they can send it again. We send the entire document again on Dec, 2005, But no news till now. My priority date is 15th Oct, 2003.( RIR)

those are really good news

How did you get this information? I tried on the AILA web site but I didn't have access.

mali03 said:
01/26/2005: Good News for Visa Movement

AILA has reported the DOS advised AILA that "thanks? to" the decrease in demand for EB visa numbers from USCIS I-485 cases and 245(i) labor cases still being held in the Department of Labor, the visa number would progress forward as follows:
Worldwide EB-1 and EB-2: There will be no cut-off date for the these categories.
Worldwide EB-3: Unlike the DOS previous prediction that the large number of 245(i) filings would be filed during March and April 2001 and it would result in a surge of EB-3 number demand and would limit movement of the cut-off date, 245(i) cases still remain at the DOL and therefore there will be movement in EB-3 visa numbers.
India EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
India EB-3: It will move ahead but may become limited down the road.
China EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
China EB-3: It will stay at the Worldwide date.
What a good news!

same dates???

halcyon said:
Congratulations guys....

Here are my details:

PD: December 11th, 2003
RD: December 11th, 2003
Type/STATE: RIR-EB3/TEXAS
45 Day Letter: Not received.
Labor : haven't got anything out yet...

:(

Hi halcyon,
Are you sure your PD and RD are exactly the same? Where and how did you find RD?
I suspect Dallas BEC is slow in processing Texas filed cases while Chicago/Ohio cases are marching forward. Go Chicago.

--------------------------------
PD - 11/29/2004
CAse received date: 11/29/2004
TX/RIR
45 day letter: Noooo
RD: Noooooo
ETA Case Number: T-05208-XXXXX

visa bulletin dates

my PD for labor is May 2004 and dates listed in NSC is also May 2004 .does that mean if i apply for 140/485 as i am from rest of the world category i can get it cleared what does the dates listed in visa bulletin mean does it mean the date filed for labor or date filing 140/485 .Any inputs .

Chocolate said:
my PD for labor is May 2004 and dates listed in NSC is also May 2004 .does that mean if i apply for 140/485 as i am from rest of the world category i can get it cleared what does the dates listed in visa bulletin mean does it mean the date filed for labor or date filing 140/485 .Any inputs .

date filed for labor...

Thanks

munnu77705 said:
date filed for labor...
So that means if i file for 485 the dates in bulletin coincides with my PD i can file 485 (non retro country)also can i get EAD/AP as dates are current for me and bulletin indicates it too.Any inputs

Chocolate said:
So that means if i file for 485 the dates in bulletin coincides with my PD i can file 485 (non retro country)also can i get EAD/AP as dates are current for me and bulletin indicates it too.Any inputs
yes

That is the date that NSC receives your application, not your labor PD.

This date is distractive, NSC and all other SCs work on dates much later than that. But to keep the enquiry call volumes down, they publish dates which are way back in the past.

Chocolate said:

You can actually file a new PERM application , get it approved and still keep the old PD or march 2003 ( i think they have to be same job category - not sure on this).

See post by user 'unitednations' in this thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=192795&page=9&pp=15

sanjay_kapasi said:
Hi everyone,

My case was filed under Non-RIR/EB3 with priority day of May 2003. My case is with Dallas BEC. I have not received 45 day letter or any other communication from BEC.

My company is ready to file for PERM for my case. I'll start my sixth year of H1 next month. My company's policy is that they would file PERM under different job category. They have been preoparing the forms over last 4-5 months. Earliest they would be able to apply is Feb 2006.

I was wondering if this is the right move for me or not ? Should I wait on my original application or go with PERM ? If my PERM gets approved then my priority date would be of 2006 and that can hurt me bad for I-485 as it is retrogressed and current visa number they are processing is from 2001.

I'm not sure what should do. Wait for the original one or go with PERM ?

Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sanjay

Similar

My case also had some issues due to the change of address of my employer back in 2003 and was not communicated to DOL. DBEC asked for new address and G-28. Provided as sought in late Nov,06. DBEC acknowledged the receipt in a couple of days. No news after that. My PD Sep 2003, RIR, IL

bijualex said:
I there anyone who is in the same boat as that of me?

DBEC lost my ETA Part A and B and called my lawyer if they can send it again. We send the entire document again on Dec, 2005, But no news till now. My priority date is 15th Oct, 2003.( RIR)

Hi All,

I am new to the forum. I did a big mistake without reading the forum so far.

My company attorney received 45D letter and he responded next day to DBEC.

After 4 months i have received a CASE CLOSURE letter saying case has been closed due to an untimely or incomplete response.

My attorney responded back again with the evidence.

I am in starting of my sixth year.

1. How much time it will take to hear back from the certifying officer.

2. Is it better to start new PERM process to get my 7th Year extension

3. Is it better to wait for the closed case re-opened

If any one is in the same situation and got re-opened the case please suggest me.

Thanks for your reply in advance, I am really tensed. please reply asap.