Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

IL PD= Dec 2003 approval

I talked to my attorney today - she told me one of her other cases from IL and PD of Dec 2003 was just approved. Sorry, no more detail than that.
As a side note, she also said that 100% of her clients are "hanging in there" and not giving up on immigration.

Got it finally

I got my labor yesterday. Interestingly I received a letter from Dallas Backlog Elimination center stating that it was approved.

----
CA, RIR, EB3
PD: 12/01/2003

You sould be fine.

I-140 is an immigrant visa and you do have to mention the same when asked n the DS-156 form. People coming to the US on H-1B/L-1 come here with a dual intent which means that they may immimgrate here later. But in any case please confirm the same with your attorney and so as the attorney suggests.

dinn said:
My company receive a letter saying my Labor certificiate is certified.

My H1 will be expired on Feb 2006.
I plan to go back my home country for 2 weeks in the end of Jan 2006.

Since it will ask in the form if one has the intention to apply for permant immigrants, do I need to check yes if I file I 140 before I get the H1 visa stamped?

will I have problem to get my H1 visa stamped in my home country if I apply I-140 and I-485 now?

immi24 said:
I had requested for screen shots from both DBEC and PBEC 2 months back, they both case back with different case numbers. Though most of the details were the same in both, I noticed one said that the case source is STATE (DBEC) while the other REGION (PBEC). Also the one that said STATE had misspelled my Co. name, occupation etc. The case no that I had in the 45 day letter matched with the one in DBEC screen shot , where there were a lot of mistakes.

Yesterday I sent another request to PBEC and the screen shot that I got this time is identical to the one that I got from DBEC, with all those mistakes.

To me it seems like they keyed in the case twice and is sitting there for someone to rectify it. I never had any RFE at any level.

Did anybody have a similar experience i.e. two case numbers?

Mine is also the simillar case. I got the different replies from PBEC only ( never got reply from DBEC). Although in my screen shots only the case number and case received dates are different.

-Amit
EB2/RIR/TX/Region
PD: 05/02/03

dual intention

cal97 said:
I-140 is an immigrant visa and you do have to mention the same when asked n the DS-156 form. People coming to the US on H-1B/L-1 come here with a dual intent which means that they may immimgrate here later. But in any case please confirm the same with your attorney and so as the attorney suggests.

cal97,

Did you read it in official sources that H1/L1 has meaning of the dual intention ? It is a fact that only H1 and L1 (only two non immigrant visas) give an opportunity for EMPLOYER to file GC petition for the H1/L1 worker. But it does not mean that alien worker has an intention to get permanent status since he/she is in US or applies for temporary non immigrant visa (H1/L1) in US consulate abroad.

Before to get my H1 visa stamp in passport in US consulate, an attorney of my company instructed me to convince consule that my intentinion is to work temporary in US for a short term project and NEVER MENTION GREEN CARD even if I want to get one.

I do not want to argue with you, you may be right but if you have an official reference please send me the link.

sfmars,

> I do not want to argue with you, you may be right but if you have an official reference please send me the link.

Don't think the above was necessary, but anyways...

I do not have any official link but here is my attorney's response when I
asked the same question a couple of months ago.

"People who hold H-1b or L-1 visas are allowed to have "dual intent,"
i.e., they can be in the process of applying for their green cards while
simultaneously be applying for H-1B or L-1 visa stamps. The fact that
their green card is in process (even at the last stage, I-485 process)
does not impact their ability to get a new H-1B/L-1 visa issued. The
law on this changed for these two visa categories about 15 years ago.
Of course, if you were applying for F-1 or B-1/2 business
visitor/tourist visa, or a number of other types of visas, having the
green card application in process certainly would present a problem."

sfmars said:
cal97,

Did you read it in official sources that H1/L1 has meaning of the dual intention ? It is a fact that only H1 and L1 (only two non immigrant visas) give an opportunity for EMPLOYER to file GC petition for the H1/L1 worker. But it does not mean that alien worker has an intention to get permanent status since he/she is in US or applies for temporary non immigrant visa (H1/L1) in US consulate abroad.

Before to get my H1 visa stamp in passport in US consulate, an attorney of my company instructed me to convince consule that my intentinion is to work temporary in US for a short term project and NEVER MENTION GREEN CARD even if I want to get one.

I do not want to argue with you, you may be right but if you have an official reference please send me the link.

Anyway thanks.

If you are interested read this official INS document about H1 visa status:
http://uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/in...plates&fn=document-frame.htm#slb-act101a15hib

I did not find anything their saying about dual intentions

(H) clause ii (b) says about H status individual:

(b) having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning who is coming temporarily to the United States to perform other temporary service or labor if unemployed persons capable of performing such service or labor cannot be found in this country, but this clause shall not apply to graduates of medical schools coming to the United States to perform services as members of the medical profession;

cal97 said:
sfmars,

> I do not want to argue with you, you may be right but if you have an official reference please send me the link.

Don't think the above was necessary, but anyways...

I do not have any official link but here is my attorney's response when I
asked the same question a couple of months ago.

"People who hold H-1b or L-1 visas are allowed to have "dual intent,"
i.e., they can be in the process of applying for their green cards while
simultaneously be applying for H-1B or L-1 visa stamps. The fact that
their green card is in process (even at the last stage, I-485 process)
does not impact their ability to get a new H-1B/L-1 visa issued. The
law on this changed for these two visa categories about 15 years ago.
Of course, if you were applying for F-1 or B-1/2 business
visitor/tourist visa, or a number of other types of visas, having the
green card application in process certainly would present a problem."

Last edited by a moderator:
Amit_K_Bhatia@h said:
Mine is also the simillar case. I got the different replies from PBEC only ( never got reply from DBEC). Although in my screen shots only the case number and case received dates are different.

-Amit
EB2/RIR/TX/Region
PD: 05/02/03

Amit,

I spoke to my attorney and she said that she would be speaking to DBEC. I'll keep you informed on the developments.

sfmars,

Let's take this offline as this discussion is not totally relevant to this thread. I will send you a private msg. It will really be helpful if we can get to the bottom of this as we have two versions from two different attorney's but no proof that is convincing.

Thank you.

sfmars said:
Anyway thanks.

If you are interested read this official INS document about H1 visa status:
http://uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/in...plates&fn=document-frame.htm#slb-act101a15hib

I did not find anything their saying about dual intentions

(H) clause ii (b) says about H status individual:

(b) having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning who is coming temporarily to the United States to perform other temporary service or labor if unemployed persons capable of performing such service or labor cannot be found in this country, but this clause shall not apply to graduates of medical schools coming to the United States to perform services as members of the medical profession;

7th Year VISA stamp in Canada or Mexico?

Gurus....

Anyone gone through 7th Year extension VISA stamping in Canada or Mexico?

Any inputs I appreciate....this will be very valuable information for me....

Thanks
RajWaitingonLCA
CA RIR/EB3
PD DEC'31'2003

RD Dec'2004
ETA# D-05145-XXXXX (145TH DAY OF 2005 is May'25th'2005) case has been entered into Dallas Backlog system per expert
45 days letter recieved by Dallas BEC on June'23rd'2005
Case Status:RIR as of Aug'16'2005(Screen shot from Philly)
Labor Approval (ETA) date: JAN'27'2006?????

did any one contact DOL for the Labor status ? if so who ? and how ?
do any one have Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao email id?

Labor approved

My employer received the letter about the approval today. :) :) The letter is dated 12/12/2005. My details are in my signature.
Good luck to everybody!
IK72

PD: 01/05/2004
RD: 04/03/2004
45 day letter received 12/2004
Don't have case number
State: NM
NOF at state level about prevailing wage

Congrats!

IK72 said:
My employer received the letter about the approval today. :) :) The letter is dated 12/12/2005. My details are in my signature.
Good luck to everybody!
IK72

Don't have case number
Congratulations IK72...Good luck for next stages.

Our 1st approval of PD=Jan 2004 .... Looks like DBEC did not stop processing RIR(cases made to regional) like some of us feared. I hope DBEC starts SWA and TR cases soon. Its not going to make much difference as 485 dates did not progress much (for IN and CH folks). Indeed, would feel better to get LC approved.

wow ..1st '04 Approval.
Great news! Congrates IK72.
So, people with RIR regional cases, hold your breath. The dBEC is working as usual. Just little slow..at typical holiday time. :D

IK72 said:
Good luck to everybody!
IK72

Don't have case number

wonder how any one can have a PD of a Sunday(01/05/2004) is a sunday?!?!

IK72 said:
Good luck to everybody!
IK72

Don't have case number