Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sfmars said:
Up to the last step I-485 the GC process belongs to employer but not to you and your employer can revoke/substitute/cancel it anytime.

Green card is the benefit of your employer but not yours.

I would not exactly agree with these statements.

From what I have heard/read about the Employment based Green Card process, once your I-140 is approved, you have to stay and work for the employer that is "sponsoring" your application for minimum of another 6 months. After that you can quit the job with that employer and still be able to file for I-485 (of course once the numbers become available), as long as you stay in the same line of work.

After all, names of the documents say that as well:

I-140 - Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.

Any thoughts on this?

DBEC case status

I am new to this forum and Looking at the messages in this forum i got a lot of information that i didn't knew. Everybody is contributing to share the information to help others, That's great :)

I have question about my case, my priority date is Jan 2005, RIR, from Nebraska, looks like never made to Region. When i requested the screen shot from DBEC they didn't replied and i requested from PBEC and they replied but it didn't have much information. Just information like my name, employer, PD, processing center as DBEC, Processing Type as RIR and case source as Region and the case number start with T-05210-*****

Do you think my case went to Region ? and when could i expect the labor approval ? What is the case status right now at the DBEC
I would appreciate your input Thanks

Wrong understanding

svetac said:

From what I have heard/read about the Employment based Green Card process, once your I-140 is approved, you have to stay and work for the employer that is "sponsoring" your application for minimum of another 6 months. After that you can quit the job with that employer and still be able to file for I-485 (of course once the numbers become available), as long as you stay in the same line of work.

Any thoughts on this?

You have to be 6 month on the I485 to quit your current employer.
Since your I140 is approved and I485 is not filed even 10 years or filed but you are less than 6 months on I485. Your GC process is the property of your employer.

Even after 6 months on I485 you can not just simply quit your employer and not to work. You can change employer for the same or simular job occupation and the same district

sfmars: Then why paystubs needed when filing i-140?

sfmars:

You said GC is for future employement. Don't we need current pay-stubs at the time of applying I-140. (So far I have n't applied I-140, I don't know wheter we need it or not. But I have seen in the CHECKLIST posted in this website, that they need current pay-stubs at the time of applying I-140.)

I am just trying to understand the process.
sfmars said:
You have to be 6 month on the I485 to quit your current employer.
Since your I140 is approved and I485 is not filed even 10 years or filed but you are less than 6 months on I485. Your GC process is the property of your employer.

As you know, CA cases made to regional till Feb' 04. So as soon as dBEC completes Feb' 04 cases, there will be very few regional cases left which dBEC should be able to process in less than a month. For this reason, my guess is, RIR regional cases later than Feb' 04 which made to regional should be cleared by max March '06. :D
Chocolate said:
Yes mine did make it regional How Have u guessed it to be Feb i was thinking more along the lines of april may.The only thing concerning me is i dont know when my case went to regional .i only came to know thru screenshot and my attorney got the 45 day letter and replied ?

DOCSIS said:
sfmars:

You said GC is for future employement. Don't we need current pay-stubs at the time of applying I-140. (So far I have n't applied I-140, I don't know wheter we need it or not. But I have seen in the CHECKLIST posted in this website, that they need current pay-stubs at the time of applying I-140.)

I am just trying to understand the process.

That's right GC is for future employment while we are talking about LC step.
But on the step of I140 you must work for the employer and should be able to present current paystubs. Not whole GC processing is for future employment, just LC step.

Process for SWA cases

Does anyone know how will the cases, that did not make it regional, be processed at the BEC, Will there be a two step process, with state approval and then a separate regional approval, or will they process it as a single step?

I hope so too.

s_chicago said:
As you know, CA cases made to regional till Feb' 04. So as soon as dBEC completes Feb' 04 cases, there will be very few regional cases left which dBEC should be able to process in less than a month. For this reason, my guess is, RIR regional cases later than Feb' 04 which made to regional should be cleared by max March '06. :D
Thank you
I am hoping so too .As i am from rest of the world i hope to get thru all this before that goes back too .
Thanks once again

I think svetac is right.Once you I-140 is approved then the labor becomes yours.Until then the employer has the right to use it for someone else.

svetac said:

Any thoughts on this?

DBES Case Status:

I assume if it says the source is Region, your case is from regional and not state office...but I may be wrong...

Wrong! Once I-140 is approved, the PD bocomes yours. If you change your employer, you need a new LC and I-140 but can use your old PD. This is the plain fact, no confusion.

GCTitan said:
I think svetac is right.Once you I-140 is approved then the labor becomes yours.Until then the employer has the right to use it for someone else.

Case Source: State

Gurus,

I recieved case status from Philly in August'2005, was going through and found Case Source is State; I have a letter from EDD saying your case has been forwaded to Region

Case Status is :RIR (as of Aug'2005)

Do I have to contact my Attorney and let DBEC know Case Source should "REGION" not "STATE"

Please advice me, for additional info please see my sign.

RajWaitingonLCA
CA RIR/EB3
PD DEC'31'2003
RD Dec'2004
ETA# D-05145-XXXXX (145TH DAY OF 2005 is May'25th'2005) case has been entered into Dallas Backlog system per expert
45 days letter recieved by Dallas BEC on June'23rd'2005
Case Status:RIR as of Aug'16'2005(Screen shot from Philly)
Labor Approval (ETA) date: JAN'27'2006?????

U.G., sfmars, dsugandhi and other experts comments please

my attorney did enquiry about my case and he was told that my case has been currently awaiting further review. What is it mean? they did not touch my case or waiting to issue RFE etc., I really don't understand.

PD: 11/03
RD: 08/04
NOF/RFE: Nothing

Sai786 said:
my attorney did enquiry about my case and he was told that my case has been currently awaiting further review. What is it mean? they did not touch my case or waiting to issue RFE etc., I really don't understand.

PD: 11/03
RD: 08/04
NOF/RFE: Nothing

It means nothing.

It is my own personal opinion. How did your attorney contact them ?
Either DBEC wanted your attorney to leave them alone or your attorney wants you to leave him/her alone.

Could you ask your attorney to send you the copy of DBEC's response letter ?

Special handling ALC approved

Mine is EB-2 special handling for faculty in Texas.
Got email today from university that ALC has been approved. ;)

Here is a timeline:

filed 12/1/2004
Move from SWA to Dallas BEC: March 2005
45-day letter received and replied: march 30/2005
Case moved to SF office 10/12/2005
received notice 12/21/2005 approved

case number: 0959xxxx
DOT code: 090.227-010

Mary Christmas and best wishes to ALL.

Case Source: STATE information

Gurus;

I was talking to my attorney and she said why my Case source state is saying because your case went to Federal but Federal not able to touch your case bcoz of too many application, since federal didn't touch my case; DBEC put case source as STATE.

I hope this infomration help others.

Please let me know if you guys get ant other information...but since my case source is state I don;t think so backlong center is processing STATE cases, means I am doom wait another year to get my labor clear....shoot...

Thanks
RajWaitingonLCA
CA RIR/EB3
PD DEC'31'2003
RD Dec'2004
ETA# D-05145-XXXXX (145TH DAY OF 2005 is May'25th'2005) case has been entered into Dallas Backlog system per expert
45 days letter recieved by Dallas BEC on June'23rd'2005
Case Status:RIR as of Aug'16'2005(Screen shot from Philly)
Labor Approval (ETA) date: JAN'27'2006?????

Attorney that visited inside BEC comments

Gang:
My company is seeking a second opinion about my case. They have consulted an attorney that served for 2 years on an immigration committee --> she has talked many times with the person that headed up the PERM implementation and HAS VISITED INSIDE AND TOURED THE BEC.
She said (some stuff we already know) -- that ALL cases have to be reentered by hand. In April/2001 (when the illegal amnesty was offered) she said millions (yes millions) of applications were filed -- the 45 day letters are meant to screen most of these out -- companies that went backrupt, jobs no longer there, employers no longer willing to stand by the immigrant worker... She also said the people in the BEC were not highly skilled and knew very little about labor cert. She is still waiting for cases from 2001 & 2002. She estimates my case (see signature) to be 1 to 1.5 years out from today for approval because I have not seen a 45 day letter yet (I optimistically do not agree)
Also -the reason SOME of the cases that have been skipped by the BEC is THEY WERE NEVER RECEIVED. Apparantly, some of the field offices (SWAs &/or DOL) were not very well organized and after sending in there files to the BEC - more files were found and sent in later (not sure if some are still lost??)
Three queues exista at the BEC 1. TR 2. RIR 3. special handling cases. FIFO is being attempted (I know unsuccessfully) -- examiners work at different rates.

Suprisingly - She is still optimistic that all will be done at the BECs by the end of 2006.

That's all

God, please deliver us from this.

Next: I-140 stage. The authority traditionally regresses at the begining of the fiscal year (Aug?) and then at the end of the year, it moves forward depending on how many applications come in.

I know not of of this makes sense with what I (and you) have read in this forum.

cacanuk Thanks for sharing!

Hello U.G., sfmars, dsugandhi, cacanuk and Gurus

Please make me clear about Case Source: STATE

Really appreciate your any inputs.

Thanks

Excellent!!!

sfmars:

Thank you.
This is valuable information, atleast for me. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, you are a good man. :)

sfmars said:
That's right GC is for future employment while we are talking about LC step.
But on the step of I140 you must work for the employer and should be able to present current paystubs. Not whole GC processing is for future employment, just LC step.