Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

samfox said:
Hi Guys

My PD is May 30 2003 and I got a screen shot today saying that my case has been closed. My lawyer said he'll talk to them. Is there anybody out there whose case was reopened. I wanted to know is it possible and how long is it taking. Also, is there anybody certified whose case was reopened from being closed.

Thanks. Appreciate it
There are many cases listed in this thread whose cases have been re opened after they were stated as Closed. Your attorney should take the case up with the DBEC. You can use search option available to search in this thread for cases which are re-opened after being stated as closed.

My 2 cents

I've gained some valuable insight and more importantly plenty of hope from the blogs posted on this forum. I saw there is an excel sheet floating around, which tracks priority dates. I've included my case info in the signature, would appreciate if the moderator includes my data in that sheet too...or if some one would tell me how its done if I were to do it myself.

Quo_vadimus,

I know you meant well but please remove your previous post.

The tracker is maintained in a different thread and updates are made from various places. This is why I make the updates to make sure they are all included.

Thanks

JustWatching

PS The latest tracker will be posted in the BEC Priority Thread

RAMTEST said:
I am a silent visitor of this forum for last 4 – 5 months, today I want to share my info. Today I called my lawyer to check if by any chance he had received the approval. He told that he received it on Friday (10/14/2005), he didn’t even care to let me know. He is my corporate lawyer. Any way after more than two years of waiting its news for me to celebrate though it’s just the first hurdle and few more to cross.

PD 8/21/2003

RAMTEST,
Congrats! Welcome to the discussion forum. Please post your case details so that we can add it to the tracker. See my signature for an example. Thanks!

any SWA approvals?

Friends,

Have we seen any SWA case (not yet gone to regional) that has been approved from DBEC? If so please post details.

my PD: Jan 2003
state: MI
Case status: RIR
dallas backlog center

i missed the approval bus. i am wondering r there anybody whose labor yet to approve from jan2003 or Feb 2003 from dallas

How about this case:
Labor is approved and 140 is approved. But the employer is changed?

justdoit said:
You should not have any issues getting extensions as far as -
1) Labor is pending for over 1 year
2) Labor is approved and 140 is pending and Labor was filed over 1 year ago
3) Labor is approved and 140 is approved - in this case you get 3 yrs extension assuming you are waiting to file 485 due to retrogression.

allen_waiting said:
How about this case:
Labor is approved and 140 is approved. But the employer is changed?

- Let the new employer file for labor (using the PERM procedure of course)
- Use this I-140 (with the original PD from employer 1) for filing I-485 later

I am not surprised

DesiGCMirage said:
Hi vijaya0101, my ETA # starts with D-043XX- . It is puzzling that our numbers are so far apart even though there is only one day difference in PD. May be it is due to filing from different states
DEsiGCMirage,
I am not surprised to see the vast difference in numbers. Keeping the fact in mind that BEC picked up boxes sent to them from State DOL and they were not all shipped at the same time. The boxes sat(some are still sitting) in the warehouse and were supposed to be picked up by PD, but the fact that virtually it is impossible to do it plays a vital role. So, no need to be surprised.

Good part is that once your case has been entered and is in 'RIR' it will certainly be treated in FIFO...

Currenlty, BEC (Dallas) must be processing Aug-Sep 03 cases. But this might slow down as more and more 45 days letters gets answered and more cases (cases prior to Aug-Sept 03) turns into 'RIR' . Also, certification of State cases will slow down the current speed.

mvinays said:
RAMTEST,
Congrats! Welcome to the discussion forum. Please post your case details so that we can add it to the tracker. See my signature for an example. Thanks!

My Case Details

Tx SWA, RIR, EB3 (BS+1)
SWA RD (PD): Aug 21, 2003
Regional : Mar 17, 2004
45 Day Letter : Some time in Jan 2005, lawyer didn't even tell untill i asked in march
Approval : Lawyer received hard copy on 10/14/2005 , didn't see it yet
Case Num : D-04264-XXXXX

SWA cases are screwed

I am sure that DBEC will not even think to certify any SWA case before the last Regional case got a decision. As a proof of that you can see SWA cases from Indiana (the oldest SWA RIR cases from 2001) some people from Indiana responded 45 day letters in May, June having PD 2001/2002 and I do not remember that we saw any case approved from Indiana.

My time prediction for SWA cases is that DBEC will finish Regional RIR cases sometime by summer 2006 and then very very slowly start working with SWA cases (because they require more points to be checked). It will take them not less than 6 years.

concorde said:
Friends,

Have we seen any SWA case (not yet gone to regional) that has been approved from DBEC? If so please post details.

CNN’s daunting news for H1 might impact on tomorrows meeting

genemaster said:
As the Immigration authorities predicted, no move has been made on visa retrogression field.
This was expected, since probably only a few post September 30th cases were received...

Let's not lose hope...wait for the december bulletin and we'll see how long this wait is really going to be...of course, let's pray that everything goes well in Congress on the 20th....

:) :) :)

http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/c.../romans.assault.on.middle.class.tech.jobs.cnn

One more (text)
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=111960

I hope we make them aware of sunny side of having H1's working in US.

GCCovet said:

http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/c.../romans.assault.on.middle.class.tech.jobs.cnn

One more (text)
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=111960

I hope we make them aware of sunny side of having H1's working in US.

It is not a surprise that they seriously want to cut off employment based immigration in IT (see DoS visa bulletins, almost all IT people fall to EB3 category).

Today they think that US unemployment problem in IT is H1B program, when they will send out the last H1B person from the country they will say that the real problem is in the people who already got green cards because they steal jobs from citizens.

Pd 2002?????????????

HI gurus,

What should people like me do? Is there any hope? Why my case is still in “DataReview”? My lawyer sent the response twice.

Please do suggest.

Thanks,

I missed too ..

gcorbitz said:
my PD: Jan 2003
state: MI
Case status: RIR
dallas backlog center

i missed the approval bus. i am wondering r there anybody whose labor yet to approve from jan2003 or Feb 2003 from dallas

Hi gcorbitz,
My PD date is Jan2003 from CA, and I did not get anything from DBEC so far. My lawyer sent them so many fax and physical request through FedEx , Yesterday I got answer from them saying that they are reviewing my case. I don't know what are they reviewing about , because on May 20th I got an email from them saying the same thing. I am worried now. All my colleagues on same date got their Labor before Oct. 1st and filed their 140 and 485 before retrogression date.
DBEC is such a big Black Box , once your application goes there, getting information from them is almost impossible.

We can just keep patience , nothing else we can do Buddy.

Labor Approved!

Got the message and approval copy today from my previous employer...

PD: Aug 22 2003
RIR/EB2
Dallas BEC
Approved date: Oct 11

Question for you guys!

This is the labor from my previous employer. For filing I140 is that necessary we need to give W2 and Paystub. I'm thinking of going back to him in January.
But like to file the I140 now itself before joining back to him.

Let me know is that possible?

Thanks

kk262 said:

RIR/EB2
Dallas BEC

Question for you guys!

This is the labor from my previous employer. For filing I140 is that necessary we need to give W2 and Paystub. I'm thinking of going back to him in January.

Thanks

Congrats!!! Which state w s it filed from? Thanks!

kk262 said:

RIR/EB2
Dallas BEC

Question for you guys!

Thanks

Congrats,

You will have to discuss it with immigration lawyer. I think you will have to use the labor approval benefits through substitution because you had interupption in your employment with your original employer, in this case you will loose your PD it will became 10/2005 (or at the time when you file I140).

Anyway good luck

Labor Processing 08/22/03

Hi Guys,

Just want to share my info.
Today i called my Lawyer about my case. She got all my ETA 750 A&B back to her for re-signing on modifications from employers on Monday (10/17/05). So DBEC is finishing Aug03 as my PD is Aug22,03.

IL SESA PD:Aug22,03
EB3