Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

wish20 said:
My DBEC case # D-05005-10xxx

wish edit and correct your previous post to remove the last 3 digit of your number .... never put your full number out on the internet.

airman said:
How did you find out about closed case in the first place?

I have PD 08/2002 and still not approved. I don't know if it's ok but so many approvals for 2003 PDs makes me think there's something wrong...

by asking screen shot. Have you got the 45days letter? Mine is also 2002, even my case has been reopened, I bet it will still take forever to approve it

Please do Help!

Gurus,

My lawyer sent the response second time on 2nd Sept. but I still believe that my case is in ‘Data Review’ status because one of my co-worker who has same situation got screenshot with ‘Data Review’. I got a blank status.

My lawyer doesn’t want to call but she sent the response twice for sure. I have the proof.

What are the options for us/me?

I also send an e-mail to Dallas and attached the response as PDF file? Anything else I can do?

Please do help.

Thanks,

Reopened case having case source : STATE???

Friends,
Anybody whose case Reopened ( after DBEC closed in error) has case source : REGIONAL?.. Please post

I read in the forum that most DBEC Reopened cases have case source : STATE. Does DBEC process case based on PD or case Source ???

Thanks in advance for your time,
AnbuFL

latest approvals

My co worker who has the PD: july 2003 just got approved. His approval letter arrived day before yesterday. :eek:
Its moving real good now. I am waiting for good news.

fingers crossed.

:D

vpj1943 said:
by asking screen shot. Have you got the 45days letter? Mine is also 2002, even my case has been reopened, I bet it will still take forever to approve it

Yes, we did get 45 day letter December 30, 2002, responded on Feb 2, 2003. I have 1 year left on current H1 therefore not eligible for requesting screenshot from BEC.

This is the newest PD approval from DBEC in the forum. :D :D :D
Can you please find out more on this case.
What day of July? And other details as well please.

Thnx.
late_twenties said:
My co worker who has the PD: july 2003 just got approved. His approval letter arrived day before yesterday. :eek:

fingers crossed.

vgans said:
Hi late_twenties:

Thanks for the information about your co-worker. I have a request? Can you please ask you friend if his Screen shot had the case source as "State" (i.e., if he had ever requested for a Screen Shot). The reason I ask is that all the MI cases with July 2003 PDs that reached Regional have the RDs either in August or September 2004. Your response to this request will help a lot of us here with Case Status "State". ANd, what is your friends PD?

And, another request is about your case. I see that there is a lonely case from MI that has a PD of Aug 2003 and RD of Feb 2004.
1. Is that you?
2. Did you ever request a Screen Shot?
3. If yes, what did it the "Case Source" say?

I am eagerly awaiting your response to this?

Thanks in advance for your time and information.
VGANS

No the source is "region". His case is almost same as mine except for the pd date different and the case number different, of course. my case is also region. yes I got my screen shot two months ago. his pd is 17th July.

Last edited by a moderator:
CASE Source=STATE

I feel more and more sure that DBEC is going to touch only cases with source=REGION, though my case moved to Regional my case source says STATE.
I don't know how to fix this problem, and my attorney is least concerned about this.
All she says is I doesn't matter or it cannot be corrected.

QUOTE=vgans]Hi late_twenties:

Thanks for the information about your co-worker. I have a request? Can you please ask you friend if his Screen shot had the case source as "State" (i.e., if he had ever requested for a Screen Shot). The reason I ask is that all the MI cases with July 2003 PDs that reached Regional have the RDs either in August or September 2004. Your response to this request will help a lot of us here with Case Status "State". ANd, what is your friends PD?

And, another request is about your case. I see that there is a lonely case from MI that has a PD of Aug 2003 and RD of Feb 2004.
1. Is that you?

VGANS[/QUOTE]

genemaster said:
Hi everybody,
this post may seem a bit selfish, but I would like to know how many participants in these discussions are NOT from India,China, Phillipines or Mexico and in EB3 category...

According to historical data available on the goverment website, the proportion retro/world is around 50/50 for EB visa allocation.

Another interesting data available is that the proportion of family members for each H1B holder is around 0.7. I was surprised, because I thought most H holders brought their families ... Assuming that H1B applicants make pretty much all the labor backlog, we could say that for the 350,000 people in the backlog, some additional 250,000 family members will also jam the visa allocation numbers.

late_twenties said:

fingers crossed.

Hello,

I am from Michigan too and have a PD of Dec/2003. Did your coworker's case ever each the regional office in Chicago? I am happy to know that things are moving better now. Thanks.

TB

vgans said:
Hi late_twenties:

1. Is that you?

VGANS
I just got my screen shot and it says CASE Source=STATE

ETA Case Number: D-050xxxxxx
Priority Date: 08/07/2003
Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: State

my input

Ok here is the detail.
Me and my 6 co workers filed cases in july and august 2003 from michigan which went to chicago.
then sent to Dallas. all of us have screenshots saying source is REGION.
all the cases were filed after 16th july. the cases filed on 17 th july have been approved so far.
Now are you ready for some real fact?
here it is: NONE OF US EVER RECEIVED ANY 45 DAY LETTERS. YES WE DID CONFIRM WITH OUR COMPANY AND LAWYER. THEY NEVER RECEIVED IT.
MY PD IS AUGUST AND 2 OF MY CO WORKERS ALSO HAVE SAME PD. OUR CASES SAY RIR STATUS. WHICH MEANS THAT IS BEYOND 45 DAY LETTER.

DBEC is very irregular with 45 day letter stuff. two months back my lawyer told us that they have stopped mailing 45 day letter saying that it was waste of resource.
how true it is, well, only BEC would know.

July RIR approved

One of my coworkers just got his approval notice in the mail from Dallas BEC. It is EB3 RIR and PD is 07/22/03. :eek:

cantstandit said:
According to historical data available on the goverment website, the proportion retro/world is around 50/50 for EB visa allocation.

Another interesting data available is that the proportion of family members for each H1B holder is around 0.7. I was surprised, because I thought most H holders brought their families ... Assuming that H1B applicants make pretty much all the labor backlog, we could say that for the 350,000 people in the backlog, some additional 250,000 family members will also jam the visa allocation numbers.

At the max 2% of 7% per country limit can be used for dependants. So if 7000 visa numbers are available for Indian birth, maxmimum 2000 visa numbers can go for Indian birth dependants.

Case Source: state

Hi, vgans,

I didn't find my case in this spreadsheet, though my case was transfered to regional in 10/12/2004. Data submitted is on 11/16 on screenshot. So it never get input into the regional system between 10/13-11/15, I think. My PR is 12/09/2003, exactly same like you. I am so worried about it right now. What can we do now? Please do reply.

vgans said:
Hi late_twenties:

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Favor from you. Can you plese peruse this attached spreadhseet and tell us if you find your case there. If yes, then your Screen shot with Case Source "Region" makes sense. This attachment is a subset of Regional Cases that have reached DBEC (as per DOL publication).

Please respond!

If no, then how is DBEC deciding to award Case Source field?

My background is:
PD Dec 2003 and got a notification from CA SWA (State) that my case went to Region. But I didn't get a Regional Case Number. My guess is that my case went to CA Region in a box (which never got opened there) and subsequently reached DBEC. And, the Regional Offices we winding down by Sepetember 2004 (makes sense since FY 2004 ends in Sep 2004).

By this logic, I think my case was awarded "State" in the Case Source field just because it sat in the box at Regional and was not given a Regional ID.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!Such a mess!!!!

I apologise to anyone who is in worse situation than me (not received 45-day letter, TR cases, and such) and think this post is a nuisance. This post is not meant to irritate anyone. I empathise with everyone in this process and pray for each one of us.

Regards,
VGANS