Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Nanduca

Maybe you are right about State...I would send another request after few months to find out.

My case is in close status....I need to open it.

Could you please elaborate on how you got your case reinstated? Steps taken would of great help...Anubfl already said something...your suggestions will be helpful too. My attorney is darn stupid...I send him suggestions he sends one liners saying I will do that...I mean what the heck do they do anyway.

nanduca said:
I had this same issue.

My case was withdrawn by BEC mistake and when it was reinstated, the Case Source got resetted back to "State". I am assuming it is a software glitch. It was "region" in my previous screen shot.

The case status never moved from "data review". My PD is 2003 feb. All my collegues with same PD got theit LC hard copy. Attorney is still trying to get the "state" issue corrected. But he says, the answer he got from BEC is that, it doesn't matter if the case source is "state" or "region".

But I dont think, it is correct. Gurus, any opinions?

calabor said:
I would be first concerned about "data review". which means BEC didnt get the 45-day reply [at which point it goes to TR/RIR then final review and certified...]

In DBEC there isnt any case that was certified for "state". So it matters a lot in DBEC. In PBEC, its more or less FIFO, so shouldnt matter much.

I would be first concerned about "data review". which means BEC didnt get the 45-day reply [at which point it goes to TR/RIR then final review and certified...]

In DBEC there isnt any case that was certified for "state". So it matters a lot in DBEC. In PBEC, its more or less FIFO, so shouldnt matter much.

-- I too have my case status with a seperate 'Data Review' section and case source -- 'Region' and under data review section - date submitted '08/05/2005'. the priority date is blank. Do you know what does this mean and where i stand in the queue for LC

Thanks a bunck

permorreg said:

-- I too have my case status with a seperate 'Data Review' section and case source -- 'Region' and under data review section - date submitted '08/05/2005'. the priority date is blank. Do you know what does this mean and where i stand in the queue for LC

Thanks a bunck

Unfortunately you are not in the queue until you get and respond 45 day letter. Did you get one ?

If you have screen shot with any status "Blank","Incomplete", "Data Review" and any Case Source "State" or "Region" you can consider that you are still out of the queue if you do not have 45 day letter.

The only good thing that you may be sure that your case is not lost.

permorreg said:

Thanks a bunck
Hi-

I received my 45-days letter in Feb and replied promptly, but still my case status says 'RIR' and souce is 'region', what does that mean?

Thanks,
Anand
PD: 7/8/2003

sfmars said:
Unfortunately you are not in the queue until you get and respond 45 day letter. Did you get one ?

If you have screen shot with any status "Blank","Incomplete", "Data Review" and any Case Source "State" or "Region" you can consider that you are still out of the queue if you do not have 45 day letter.

The only good thing that you may be sure that your case is not lost.
Well I am trying to figure out if my employer / atternoy has received a 45 day letter. per any of them, they have not

Now under data review, the screen shot has a data submited as '8/5/2005' does this mean that a 45 day letter was sent on 8/5??? my case number is still 'T' so I am sure its a temp number...

permorreg said:
Well I am trying to figure out if my employer / atternoy has received a 45 day letter. per any of them, they have not

Now under data review, the screen shot has a data submited as '8/5/2005' does this mean that a 45 day letter was sent on 8/5??? my case number is still 'T' so I am sure its a temp number...

Let me guess your case number is starting with "T-05216" .
If I am right it is the date when they put your case to the system.

Just relax and keep asking your Employer/Lawyer about 45 day letter from time to time . It is many years journey.

sfmars said:
Let me guess your case number is starting with "T-05216" .
If I am right it is the date when they put your case to the system.

Just relax and keep asking your Employer/Lawyer about 45 day letter from time to time . It is many years journey.
its "T-05216" +1.

Thanks again for the efforts. Also do you have a clue why my priority date is blank???

permorreg said:
its "T-05216" +1.

Thanks again for the efforts. Also do you have a clue why my priority date is blank???

Since it is starting with "T-" Temporary, partially entered, I would not worry about it. Some time may be in a couple of months it will be changed for "D-" and case status "Data Review", and most probably your PD will be right, but it does not mean anything. It does not mean that you should expect 45 day letter very soon.

How will retrogression affect R.O.W???

Javier,
retrogression may look harsh and the waiting time (on the first look) may seem incredibly long...but....
If we know that each country can take up to a maximum of 7% of visa numbers, that means that the countries who are not one of the big "takers" have a good chance of getting numbers fairly quickly.
Of course, we cannot take this forum as the representative sample of applicants fom "the rest of the world", but even in the "worst case scenario", if you have a PD prior to 2004 and come from a "small" country, I think chances are you might be current within a year or so....

javiergf said:
Hi, I am one of these few outside IND, CHN, PHIL and MEX.
However the retrogression is going to affect "the rest of the world" too, in fact there is only a few months difference.

If we look into http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2631.html
for EB3, most of us in this forum:

Rest of the world -> 01MAR01
China -> 01MAY00
India -> 01JAN98
Mexico -> 01JAN01
Philippines-> 01MAR01

My PD is Dec-2004 and I am under traditional, not RIR like everybody else
in this forum, so hopefully by 2021 I'll be getting the GC.
:)

anandms5 said:
Hi-

I received my 45-days letter in Feb and replied promptly, but still my case status says 'RIR' and souce is 'region', what does that mean?

Thanks,
Anand
PD: 7/8/2003

Hi Anand,
I think you are in a very good shape.
RIR means your case is on file in the system and is complete (no discrepencies).
Having case source "Regional" is an advantage. I have not seen applications going through with case source "State".
Your PD is great too.

I think you have a chance to get your LC by the end of Nov.
Cheers and smile :)
GT

Please add my info:

CA-EB3 -TR
PD - 04/27/01
RD - N/A
Transferred from: CA SWA
45 Day Letter :8/29/05
45 Day Letter Replied : 9/2/05
Certified Date : ??????
ETA #D-05108-XXXXX

GetOneLC said:
Hi Anand,
I think you are in a very good shape.
RIR means your case is on file in the system and is complete (no discrepencies).
Having case source "Regional" is an advantage. I have not seen applications going through with case source "State".
Your PD is great too.

I think you have a chance to get your LC by the end of Nov.
Cheers and smile :)
GT

I hope so!

No 45 day letter

hello2sam
we both are in the same boat.
I have D-0513X-XXXX
Processing Type: TR
State : OK, Dallas BEC
PD : March, 2002
NO 45 day letter !

If you get your 45 day letter pls update the forum and i will do the same.

thanks

hello2sam said:
The below is my info.. Can any one give any prediction?
----Case Information----
ETA Case Number T-0513X-XXXXX
Processing Type: TR
Case Received Date: 08/15/2001
Processing Center: Dallas BEC
----Data Review----
Date Submitted: 05/16/2005

I haven't received 45 day letter notice or approval..

Will appreciate ur comments based on all ur experience.

wish20

I got labor approval on 10/04/05
PD ---> 06/04/03
State - MI
Case Type - RIR

:) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hang in there..

hang in there LALAKER, my pd was 1/27/03 and i was in the same boat as you, and just this week I got it. you should get it anytime soon.

lalaker said:
Got screen shot of approval on 8/24. Still haven't received hard copy yet.

:(

What would a wise man do about retrogression? Seriously!!!??

I am thinking about going to Nursing School. I know it is a crazy idea, but what else to do???

vpj1943 said:
AnbuFl Gurus,

My Attorney sent a letter to reopen the case which was closed by DBEC in error. Also sent email to Crystal williams ( from the forum )

No response from DBEC in the past five weeks!
AnbuFL:
Today I got E-mail from HR to confirm that my case has been reopened. I guess he called the DBEC this morning. ASK your attorney/HR to call 214-237-9111.

How did you find out about closed case in the first place?

I have PD 08/2002 and still not approved. I don't know if it's ok but so many approvals for 2003 PDs makes me think there's something wrong...