Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Yes

lucky4me said:
Thanks GCPD0102

So as I understand you can't just file the I-485 with the new employer (even if you have approved I-140 from previous employer).

485 can be filed only if you are working for the employer with the 140. Technically you could apply for Consular Process without working for that employer but defenitely Consulate will question why you are working for somebody else when a job opening is available for you at the 1st employer and also since you are already in US on H1 Visa. It might become nasty. You can switch employer and continue the same I-485 only if it was already filed with your 1st employer and 180 days have pased.

When you say "you have to apply for a fresh LC and then new I-140 based on that LC ".. Does this mean that you have to go through the complete process of Labour approval/I-140 approval again???? (the only benefit is you keep the PD??).

Unfortunately Yes. But PERM is much faster than the ordeal we have already gone through (at least as of now. No one knows how it will be after a few months).

If the above is true then do we keep on getting the H1B extensions even though it has not been 1 year of filing LC through the new employer?

Yes. That is correct.

lucky4me said:
Hi GC Gurus.
Since we all are affected deeply by this retrogression. I have the next optimistic question for you all.

After which point in GC is your status secure as to it doesn't matter
i)whether ur company fires you
ii)whether ur company closes down
iii) whether u change jobs

With the little knowledge that I have I think that once I-140 is approved you are secure (in the sense you have to wait for just the Visa Numbers to be available to file I-485) but you will not be kicked out of the country given the above 3 happens. This is with context of beyond the 6 years of H1B.

Also please add me to the tracker

ETA# D-04320-xxxxx
RIR/EB3/
PD: 09/30/2003
case source: region
case status: RIR
45 day letter received: End Dec 2004
45 day letter replied: 1st Week Jan 2005

No. You will not be secure in all 3 cases. Only upon applying for I-485 and it being pending for more than 6 months can you switch jobs (if you can call it security).

Even in the 485 stage if you lose your job (except for the last stage) the GC runs into trouble.

How many status do we have on the screen-shot? And what each and every status means here?
I just got a reply from H1...@... and the status is still "RIR", what does that mean? Problem? Please help. :(

dsugandhi said:
Few people are not getting any case status in screenshot. In my company too, one of the employee did not get any status in his screenshot. I noticed something weird in your screenshot. It shows occupation title "030162014" (Looks more to me like SSN), I think it is not entered correctly. Occupation title should have 7 digit like "15-1032" or "15-1031".
I got the same exact occupation code with the above, are there something worng with it? My status is "RIR", strange?

45 day letter responded.

My Paralegal informed me today they responded to the 45 day notice on 26th.
My PD is Aril 2002. SFMARS and experts..Does any one have clue how many more months/years will it take to get it approved??

Regional Case source: state on screenshot

My case was transfered to regional last Oct. But the case source on my screenshot shows state. Is it wrong? I am worried they will skill my case since they think it is still at state level.

Please do help
Vanessa
PR: 12/2003
RIR-CA

Dl 45

Immi_Seeker said:
My employer mentioned my PD is March 10th, 2004. I don't have a copy of the document though....so not sure. My employer said they got the 45-DL sometime around Sep 15th.

Immi_Seeker

Thanks for your response.

SPP
PD: 03/11/2004
Type: RIR
State: TX
45 Day Letter: ????????? :confused:

davidyee said:
I got the same exact occupation code with the above, are there something worng with it? My status is "RIR", strange?

Yes, I feel there is some typo error. You can go to http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/15-1031.00 and put your occupation code in "Occupation Quick Search" and it will retrieve nothing with exact match but if you put 15-1031 or 15-1032 you will get the exact match. As far as I know occupation code should have xx-xxxx format. Check with your attorney, they will know better.

Status RIR is fine, that means they have received your 45 day latter reply and entered in the system. Now your case is in analyst queue waiting to be picked up by analyst.

Last edited by a moderator:
LC Approved From Dallas BEC

All,

Finally My LC was certified :) , (I finish my 6 yrs tomorrow) I got a letter from Dallas BEC on Sept 20th 2005. It was actually dated Aug 19th but posted on Sept 20th '05.

EB3 - RIR

State Applied : MI - March 10th 2003
Moved to Chicago - April 26th 2004
45 Dyas letter from Dallas - April 2005 (sent to company & attorney)
LC cetified letter received on Sept 20th'05. (sent a copy of letter to me along with my company & lawyer).

Now my company is applying for I140.

I have applied for my 7th year H1 extension on July 29th'05.
How long does it take?
Sine my LC is approved, do they need more documnetation or they will simply approve the 7th yr extension ?

Please let me know.

Thanks
KSR

AAnya said:
My Paralegal informed me today they responded to the 45 day notice on 26th.
My PD is Aril 2002. SFMARS and experts..Does any one have clue how many more months/years will it take to get it approved??

Send the request for 7th year H1B screenshot sometime at the end of November (do not send it earlier) and post the details of that screenshot. Based on the screenshot details you may have understanding what's going on with your case. You do not have enough data to make judgement now.

It is very good that your employer recently got 45 day letter at least you know that your case was not lost.

dsugandhi said:
Yes, I feel there is some typo error. You can go to http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/15-1031.00 and put your occupation code in "Occupation Quick Search" and it will retrieve nothing with exact match but if you put 15-1031 or 15-1032 you will get the exact match. As far as I know occupation code should have xx-xxxx format. Check with your attorney, they will know better.

Status RIR is fine, that means they have received your 45 day latter reply and entered in the system. Now your case is in analyst queue waiting to be picked up by analyst.
Is this queue based on FIFO or random? My PD is way back to 2001. I am the only one I think in 2001.

waitingforlca said:
hi nisra,

your post brings in some hope for me. My pd is 01/27/2003 and i still did not get the hard copy yet. I know from screen shot that its certified though. Would you care to share which state your case is from. Mine is EB3/RIR/CA. Please let me know if its RIR/EB3 also. Thanks in advance.

Please check my signature

Labour Certification CERTIFIED

Lucky me! I received in the mail my certification letter, dated August 30, 2005.

ETA Case Number: D-04310-xxxxx
Priority Date: April 3, 2003

Dallas Backlog Elimination Center. San Francisco office.

Hooray!

Screenshot - need some help understanding

HI

What does this mean...

I received my screen shot today. Am confused of the following items

Case Source : Region -- Does this mean that My case was cleared from state and moved to regional before it went into BEC?

Case status was blank as expected.

Priority date is blank and case received date is in Nov 2003? what happened to my priority date and what does received date mean?

Also there is a second section for data review where all feilds are blank except one - date submitted - august 2005. does this mean that there was a 45 day letter sent on 8/5/2005?

thx in advance...

I am now living at a different address than the one mentioned on my labor application ( ETA 750 ). Does it matter? Has anyone ever sent a mail to DOL/BEC to update their address?

I understand that the hardcopy is sent to the lawyer ( no change in their address ) but will my address not being correct cause any problems.

Since BEC has stopped providing statuses there is no way of knowing where I stand.
I need to make sure that I do not miss out on account of incorrect addresses. In this GC mess there is no such thing as too much caution. ( I saw on the I-140 forum that someone got an RFE because the signature on the I-140 form was too big ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Time Frame question

My case is at Dallas Elimination Center ,I had my case number and PD is 10/15/2005 ,NO update yet ,do any one know how long it will take to get 45 day later and how long after that for Labor .

Labor Substitution is the biggest problem

Retrogression will be worsned by LC substitution.
Desi companies and lawyers are all against LC substitution and created a black market for selling LC's.
Labor Substitution is a big business for all Desi companies.
I heard most of the attorney's are also into this business.
As long as they make ton's of money, they will oppose banning Labor Substitution. It will never be a law.

As long as Labor Substitution is there, FIFO at any level is a joke.

God. what an unfair world it is.

How to know the case status

Hi
I have my ETA case number ETA D-0426***.How can i get my case status.
Some people are getting some screen shots something like.Can anybody give me some idea on this.
Thanks

How did you receive your screen shot

permorreg said:
HI

What does this mean...

I received my screen shot today. Am confused of the following items

Case Source : Region -- Does this mean that My case was cleared from state and moved to regional before it went into BEC?

Case status was blank as expected.

Priority date is blank and case received date is in Nov 2003? what happened to my priority date and what does received date mean?

Also there is a second section for data review where all feilds are blank except one - date submitted - august 2005. does this mean that there was a 45 day letter sent on 8/5/2005?

thx in advance...

Thanks