Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

CA_Man_In_Labor said:
Your first screenshot has a timestamp of 9/26 9:41 am and the other has a timestamp of 9/26 9:42 am. So they sent you two screen shots just a minute apart, one with case status certified and other with blank case status???

i know ... it is silly, isn't it? :confused:

Chocolate said:
i am from one of the retrogression affected countries but my country of birth is not affected by retrogression . if my labor gets cleared even after sep(pretty sure will be after).can i claim the country of birth in my 140/485 application?and get my Ead and AP soon?
PD 5/ 2004
EB2

Your country of citizenship or nationality is irrelevant from the point of view of I-485; the only thing that matters is the country of your birth. So if you are a citizen of mainland China (severely retrogressed) but were born in Albania (or any other non-retrogressed country), you can file your I-485 right away!!

Good luck!

YeahRight! said:
Neeraj, I wrote a letter in this way. See if you suggest anything more.
Hi Guru,
Thanks for the dfrating a letter. Let me do something and I will let u know if I get some positive.

Neeraj

Respected Senator/Governor:

I am writing this in regard to the detriment treatment immigrant population has witnessed in recent days of USCIS unfair act that has lead thousands of aspiring immigrant like me for betterment of tomorrow. USCIS, in reality put us in deep snag, a dark clot, with deep jesting cooperation of its brutal policy, and made our life virtually stand still. No fairness has ever been severed, not any importance been given, being treated us like we meant nothing to this great nation.
The recent setback from October Visa Bulletin witness the fact that visa number has been massively retrogressed, creating chaos among immigrant community. An immigrant who brings immense knowledge who then constantly divulges the erudite technique and retains the power of innovation is now planning to return home; don’t you think we all suffer in his collapse? A person cannot simply wait for 10 years sir, for 10 years to see a light in tunnel for his residency. This is indeed a long period of time, how could one manage to stay in the same position for 10 consecutive years. This is not how this great nation being structured sir. Not this way, this nation ever has practiced this – we may let this to become history at any time, a lesson to expectant immigrant – who will never buy a single ticket to make his way out here sir.
Many proposals been tired and speeches echoed in the past, but was never been made a reality. Looking at the increasing number of immigrants, should congress practiced a way to increase a visa would have never been this harder. Pulling out people by fating their luck in drawing a lottery number is not a fair practice sir, the true practice would be to honor the talent and preserve that ability so that a nation can see rapid progress in days to come.
I would humbly request to all the concerned citizen of this country to ask the congress to vote for proposed McCain-Kennedy bill in favor of increasing visa numbers for a person like me, who would like to rest and devote all the energy and lead out all the knowledge in this great nation.

To ICARUS

HEY ICARUS

Where are you maan? Just give some news where the que stands today , which date they are processing?
As we are seeing people from April 2003 are getting approvals so is the que in May or June 2003.

I wouldn't send this letter

I wouldn't send this letter in it's current format. Aside from the grammar and spelling errors, I would try to state the case in a way that someone who is not intimately familiar with the situation can understand. I am pretty familiar with the retrogression situation and I had trouble understanding what is being said in the letter. I doubt if a senator or governor is going to take the time to go over aletter 3 or 4 times to understand what is being said.

Just my opinion.

How to check the case status

Hi,
My case is pending in Dallas BEC.
How to checl the case status ?

I sent to mail to status@DAL.DFLC.US
with body of
Company name : "Your Company"
First Name:"Yr First Name"
Last Name:"Yr Last Name"

is this correct one ?

or do i ndeed to send to h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us ?

but still i have 2 years on h1b...

interchip54 said:
I wouldn't send this letter in it's current format. Aside from the grammar and spelling errors, I would try to state the case in a way that someone who is not intimately familiar with the situation can understand. I am pretty familiar with the retrogression situation and I had trouble understanding what is being said in the letter. I doubt if a senator or governor is going to take the time to go over aletter 3 or 4 times to understand what is being said.

Just my opinion.

I agree with interchip54. This letter needs work and a better explanation of what is going on. I think is very important to check the grammar too.

Any idea about my case and help

Hi ,
I filed my LC in TX 10/2002.State is cleared long time back.
I have only state filing receipt.After that i have no idea about my case.
How can i check my 45 letter received or not .Is receipt number is going
to be same as state filing receipt?.If not where can i get that number
and status about my case?
Help me

Case Closure 45 days notice not received

Hi

I received a letter from Dallas BEC , They closed my case because they did not receive response to 45 days notice.

But fact is, neither my lawyer nor my employer received any letter from DBEC.

Any suggestion? how to reopen the case? we simply wrote reply but no positive response from DBEC.

any suggestions are welcome

Thanks.
--Naushit
PD Aug 03:
Status: case closed due to lack of response to 45 days notice.

When are we secure??(After I-140?)

Hi GC Gurus.
Since we all are affected deeply by this retrogression. I have the next optimistic question for you all.

After which point in GC is your status secure as to it doesn't matter
i)whether ur company fires you
ii)whether ur company closes down
iii) whether u change jobs

With the little knowledge that I have I think that once I-140 is approved you are secure (in the sense you have to wait for just the Visa Numbers to be available to file I-485) but you will not be kicked out of the country given the above 3 happens. This is with context of beyond the 6 years of H1B.

Also please add me to the tracker

ETA# D-04320-xxxxx
RIR/EB3/
PD: 09/30/2003
case source: region
case status: RIR
45 day letter received: End Dec 2004
45 day letter replied: 1st Week Jan 2005

lucky4me said:
Hi GC Gurus.
Since we all are affected deeply by this retrogression. I have the next optimistic question for you all.

With the little knowledge that I have I think that once I-140 is approved you are secure (in the sense you have to wait for just the Visa Numbers to be available to file I-485) but you will not be kicked out of the country given the above 3 happens. This is with context of beyond the 6 years of H1B.

Good question

Explain please

Hi,
In your post , it is mention as "Computer printouts of labor approval certificate" is acceptable.

Could you explain when a person will encounter this situation?

Do you know from where one can get this printout?
Is it from USCIS directly or online from any USCIS site (link please)?

I sent you a PM too.

Thank you.

vgans said:
09/29/2005: Big Hat-Off to USCIS for Actions to Help EB-1/EB-2 Indian/Chinese/Filipino I-485 Filers Before October 1, 2005

AILA has just reported the USCIS public notice that the USCIS would accept the computer printouts of labor certification approval (both ETA 750 and ETA 9089) to allow these Indians, Chinese, and Fililpinos to file the concurrent I-140/I-485 within September 30, 2005. Those who are successful in timely filing I-140/I-485 before October 1, 2005 are required to update their I-140 petitions no later than October 31, 2005 with a hard-copy original of the labor certification application certified before October 1, 2005. When they update the I-140 petitions, they should reference in the letter the pending I-140 Receipt Number.
We have also learned through our cases that the USCIS has just approved the I-140/I-485 Indian EB-2 case which was filed on June 11, 2005 to take out the EB-2 visa numbers for the family before October 1, 2005.
This is the benefit of having an experienced team of leadership in the USCIS with remarkable expertise in the immigraion policy, issues, and practice. Without Robert Divine, Acting Director of USCIS, and William Yates, Deputy Director on Operations of USCIS, such admirable decisions could not have been thought out. This reporter would like to invite the employment-based immigrats, their employers, families and other people to send their big hugs to these two leaders.
This reporter also wishes to give a credit to the leaders of AILA working behind to induce the USCIS leaders to take such action.

After 140

lucky4me said:
Hi GC Gurus.

Also please add me to the tracker

ETA# D-04320-xxxxx
RIR/EB3/
PD: 09/30/2003
case source: region
case status: RIR
45 day letter received: End Dec 2004
45 day letter replied: 1st Week Jan 2005

After I-140 is approved, you have a little bit of safety but not 100 %. You have to continue to maintain your H1-B status even after 6th year until you get your EAD(which can be applied for only along with 485).

After 140 is approved the priority date of your LC becomes your personal PD for life. After that if you change your employer (and even change the job specification itself) you have to apply for a fresh LC and then new I-140 based on that LC and then I-485 and all the good stuff through the new employer. BUT the great advantage is that you CAN USE the OLD PD from the first LC and 140.

interchip54 said:

Just my opinion.

Agree 100%. I would also like to add that we should NOT over-emphasize that we have some extra-special skills that this country would lose if we went back. A better way of putting things into perspective is that the delay in Permanent Residency processing encourages bonded labor and exploitation. Also, it is not logical or rational (infact ridiculous) to expect a person to work in the same position at the same salary for the same company for SEVEN YEARS (that is the amount of time that it would mostly likely take if your employer starts with your GC processing in EB3 category TODAY - considering the retrogression).

America is a free country and the fact that its immigration policy is encouraging bonded labor should hit home to the good Senator.

Last edited by a moderator:
45 Day Letter

Immi_Seeker,

Can you give me the exact date of PD? Mine is also RIR from Texas and my PD is Mar 11, 2004. However, I have not received the 45 Day Letter yet.

Thanks

SPP

PD: 03/11/2004
Type: RIR
State: TX
45 Day Letter: ?????????

GCPD0102 said:
After I-140 is approved, you have a little bit of safety but not 100 %. You have to continue to maintain your H1-B status even after 6th year until you get your EAD(which can be applied for only along with 485).

After 140 is approved the priority date of your LC becomes your personal PD for life. After that if you change your employer (and even change the job specification itself) you have to apply for a fresh LC and then new I-140 based on that LC and then I-485 and all the good stuff through the new employer. BUT the great advantage is that you CAN USE the OLD PD from the first LC and 140.
Thanks GCPD0102

So as I understand you can't just file the I-485 with the new employer (even if you have approved I-140 from previous employer).

When you say "you have to apply for a fresh LC and then new I-140 based on that LC ".. Does this mean that you have to go through the complete process of Labour approval/I-140 approval again???? (the only benefit is you keep the PD??).
If the above is true then do we keep on getting the H1B extensions even though it has not been 1 year of filing LC through the new employer?

45-dl

spp1234 said:
Immi_Seeker,

Can you give me the exact date of PD? Mine is also RIR from Texas and my PD is Mar 11, 2004. However, I have not received the 45 Day Letter yet.

Thanks

SPP

PD: 03/11/2004
Type: RIR
State: TX
45 Day Letter: ?????????

My employer mentioned my PD is March 10th, 2004. I don't have a copy of the document though....so not sure. My employer said they got the 45-DL sometime around Sep 15th.