Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks for the responses

Thanks for the responses once again... I am still reading page by page to gather information and clarification.
PS> I know people should not be stupid at a lawyer's office handling important papers BUT I talk by experience. For my first H1B1 ( I am on my second). That stupid lawyer (FORMER) messed up my papers and when at that time the INS gave me 80 day to send support papers otherwise they would DROP MY CASE... The STUPID lawyer sent me a copy of that notice the 75th day.... now do you anderstad my anxiety... I put myself on all situations.

DeshWasi said:
My state is Texas.I got the screen shot today but from Phily center. Have heard nothing from Dallas center yet.
Did you need the H1B extention? My PD is JAn 29 03 and I can't seem to get a response from either BEC for my case status. I did not say it is for H1B extention.
Thanks

NIW applicant said:
Did you need the H1B extention? My PD is JAn 29 03 and I can't seem to get a response from either BEC for my case status. I did not say it is for H1B extention.
Thanks
I will need an extension later this year...But I did not mention that in the email I'd send to them

Dallas Response on Screen Shot

Guys,

Looks like Dallas stop sending Screen shot email, I sent 2 emails in one was 2 weeks back and second one just yesterday, I sent second one Phiily as well and got reply in few hours...but no email from Dallas

Gurus any input on this??

Many Thanks
CA RIR/EB3
PD Dec'2003
RD Dec'2004
ETA# D-05145-XXXXX
45 day letter recieved by Dallas BEC on June'23rd'2005
Case Status:RIR as of Aug'16'2005(screen shot from Philly)
Labor Approval: JAN'27'2006?????

DeshWasi said:
My state is Texas.I got the screen shot today but from Phily center. Have heard nothing from Dallas center yet.

Deshwasi....

When Icarus says that it is in mid feb, it means the latest cases that they are pulling up is from mid february. It doesnt mean that cases that are being certified are mid-feb.

You are Jan 2003 , your case status is RIR, it means, your case has been picked (Coz Q is in Mid-feb). They are processing the case and it will be given 1/3 status (certified,NOD,RFE).

keep fingers crossed, sooner you will get info upon.

DeshWasi said:
Hello Icarus,

You say the processing is currently in Feb 2003. My PD is Jan 2003 and the screen shot I received shows by status as RIR, which I intrepet (from this forum) means the case is still under under process.

What should I do?

Actually, there's an offset of 100,000 cases between 83XXX and 9XXXX ... so instead of 10k, they entered 17,000 + 9XXXX = 107,000 cases between 05/174 and 05/229, or some 2,000 cases/day, which is approximately the average for the entire period since April ...

what concerns me the most (I'm T-05129-99XXX) is that all cases since April/May (when they started the temporary data entry) will have to be entered completely, and that could take a LONG time ... it sucks sooo bad ...

WhyThisDelay said:
Guys.

I see 3 temp. case numbers - viz

T-05172-72XXX - Provided by Sleepless_In_Indiana
T-05174-83XXX - mine
T-05229-9XXXX - provided by boston_LC

According to the first 2 numbers, it seems like BECs entered data about 10k cases in 2-3 days.

But according to last 2 numbers, it seems like they entered about 10K-15K cases in almost 2 months.

Did BEC employees take vacation for 1 month, or I'm plain wrong somewhere?

chinglun said:
that is not so fair ... nothing is fair in this country .
have you thought about going back then.... Then you wont have to deal deal with the unfairness. Just a suggestion. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
EB3 current?

08/17/2005: October New Fiscal Year Visa Number Allocation and USCIS Preparation for Adjudication of EB-3 485 Applications
* Early next month, September, DOS will release the October 2005 Visa Bulletin and people will see the impact of new fiscal year visa number allocation on EB-3 visa number availability. As the State Department has already predicted, EB-3 visa number may become current for world-wide, and even for China and India, some numbers may become available inasmuch as their priority dates are older than the new cut-off dates which the October 2005 Visa Bulletin will establish.
* Report indicates that the Service Centers have been continuously processing EB-485 cases even though their visa numbers are currently unavailable and they cannot decide the cases. They are getting ready for October 1, 2005! No wonder why the EB-3 I-485 applicants have been receiving biometic appointment letters en masse lately. This is certainly not a bad news at all.
* Here are a few pointers which may help the people who have been anxiously waiting for the EB-3 visa numbers becoming available for them:
o First, when you receive the biometric scheduling, you should never reschedule it as it can cause a delay in processing your EB-3 I-485 applications. For Indians and Chinese, you may learn that such rescheduling will turn out be one of the most serious mistakes you would ever have made in the immigration journey.
o Second, when RFE is received for either I-140 or EB-3 I-485 applications, you should send in responses as promptly as possible so that your cases will get ready for adjudication when the EB-3 visa numbers will become availabe on October 1 and thereafter.
o Third, you should not do anything that can trigger transfer of EB-3 I-485 applications to the local district offices for interview or issuance of RFE. Once the cases are transferred to the local offices, the cases are subject to the local offices processing queue and decisions can be delayed substantially. Same will be true with the RFE. Those who have changed employers using AC 21 180-rule may want to assess the advantages and disadvantages of proactively reporting their employment changes with the help of their legal counsels.
o Fourth, you should not do anything that will either cause a delay in completion of the name checks or trigger trasfer of the case to local district offices for clarification of issues that surfaced through the name checks for fact findings through the interviews. Minor violations of criminal law or local ordinance that require fingerprinting may trigger transfer of the cases to local offices, no matter whether it involves a deportable offense or not. Exit from the U.S. may also be reported by BCP inspectors through the database and the surrendered I-94 documents, which can cause some delays in adjudications, even though in most cases international travelling should not and have not affected adjudication of I-485 applications.
o If you have any violation of status in whatever forms after filing I-485 applications, your contact with the agencies through extension or change of nonimmigrant status should be minimized as their findings of violation of nonimmigrant status post-filing of I-485 will seriously affect your eligibility for adjustment of status.

For details go to http://www.immigration-law.com and under breaking news

Kanjoos said:
When Icarus says that it is in mid feb, it means the latest cases that they are pulling up is from mid february. It doesnt mean that cases that are being certified are mid-feb.

You are Jan 2003 , your case status is RIR, it means, your case has been picked (Coz Q is in Mid-feb). They are processing the case and it will be given 1/3 status (certified,NOD,RFE).

keep fingers crossed, sooner you will get info upon.

it won't be given the Certified status
Final Review it is :)

EB3 may become current!!! WOW, thats a great news.. but all the indication so far was that there's no chance it will become current.
even my lawyer said to me that for my PD of 5/03 , he does not expect it to become current by oct 05. he said, maybe after oct 05 depending on how the cut off date progresses, there's slight chance i will be able to file 485 by mid 06. There's also a chance of visa numbers running out again since so many applicants are waiting.

any comments?

nisra said:
08/17/2005: October New Fiscal Year Visa Number Allocation and USCIS Preparation for Adjudication of EB-3 485 Applications
* Early next month, September, DOS will release the October 2005 Visa Bulletin and people will see the impact of new fiscal year visa number allocation on EB-3 visa number availability. As the State Department has already predicted, EB-3 visa number may become current for world-wide, and even for China and India, some numbers may become available inasmuch as their priority dates are older than the new cut-off dates which the October 2005 Visa Bulletin will establish.

I am really very excited to share the good news that my labor finally got approved on the 29th of July, 2005. I just received the hard copy of my approval today at work. I haven't heard from my lawyer so my guess is that my lawyer hasn't received the hard copy yet. It's been almost 3 years of waiting but the certification makes it all worthwhile. I only qualify for the EB3 category and so will have to wait till October to see if I can apply for I-485 then.

I appreciate all the input from gurus like Icarus, gp11 among others. I hope to see some you in the I-140 forums. Details about my case are included in my signature.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Bunty2772 said:
I am really very excited to share the good news that my labor finally got approved on the 29th of July, 2005. I just received the hard copy of my approval today at work. I haven't heard from my lawyer so my guess is that my lawyer hasn't received the hard copy yet. It's been almost 3 years of waiting but the certification makes it all worthwhile. I only qualify for the EB3 category and so will have to wait till October to see if I can apply for I-485 then.

I appreciate all the input from gurus like Icarus, gp11 among others. I hope to see some you in the I-140 forums. Details about my case are included in my signature.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

CONGRATULATIONS !! Wishing you the best for the next stages.

Early next month, September, DOS will release the October 2005 Visa Bulletin and people will see the impact of new fiscal year visa number allocation on EB-3 visa number availability. As the State Department has already predicted, EB-3 visa number may become current for world-wide, and even for China and India, some numbers may become available inasmuch as their priority dates are older than the new cut-off dates which the October 2005 Visa Bulletin will establish.

nisra said:
* Report indicates that the Service Centers have been continuously processing EB-485 cases even though their visa numbers are currently unavailable and they cannot decide the cases. They are getting ready for October 1, 2005! No wonder why the EB-3 I-485 applicants have been receiving biometic appointment letters en masse lately. This is certainly not a bad news at all.
* Here are a few pointers which may help the people who have been anxiously waiting for the EB-3 visa numbers becoming available for them:
o First, when you receive the biometric scheduling, you should never reschedule it as it can cause a delay in processing your EB-3 I-485 applications. For Indians and Chinese, you may learn that such rescheduling will turn out be one of the most serious mistakes you would ever have made in the immigration journey.
o Second, when RFE is received for either I-140 or EB-3 I-485 applications, you should send in responses as promptly as possible so that your cases will get ready for adjudication when the EB-3 visa numbers will become availabe on October 1 and thereafter.
o Third, you should not do anything that can trigger transfer of EB-3 I-485 applications to the local district offices for interview or issuance of RFE. Once the cases are transferred to the local offices, the cases are subject to the local offices processing queue and decisions can be delayed substantially. Same will be true with the RFE. Those who have changed employers using AC 21 180-rule may want to assess the advantages and disadvantages of proactively reporting their employment changes with the help of their legal counsels.
o Fourth, you should not do anything that will either cause a delay in completion of the name checks or trigger trasfer of the case to local district offices for clarification of issues that surfaced through the name checks for fact findings through the interviews. Minor violations of criminal law or local ordinance that require fingerprinting may trigger transfer of the cases to local offices, no matter whether it involves a deportable offense or not. Exit from the U.S. may also be reported by BCP inspectors through the database and the surrendered I-94 documents, which can cause some delays in adjudications, even though in most cases international travelling should not and have not affected adjudication of I-485 applications.
o If you have any violation of status in whatever forms after filing I-485 applications, your contact with the agencies through extension or change of nonimmigrant status should be minimized as their findings of violation of nonimmigrant status post-filing of I-485 will seriously affect your eligibility for adjustment of status.

For details go to http://www.immigration-law.com and under breaking news

EB3 becoing current reminds me of saying - 'If it is too good to be true, it is not likely to be true'. I dont know how immigration-law.com got this update, but it seems more like excerpt from gossip column.

My PD is april 2003, and I'm pretty pessimistic of being able to file 485 in next one year. My lawyer also indirectly indicated this to me - implying he thinks that most probably visa numbers will run out for EB3 (esp. for India/China) before 4/2003 becomes current.

activex111 said:
EB3 may become current!!! WOW, thats a great news.. but all the indication so far was that there's no chance it will become current.
even my lawyer said to me that for my PD of 5/03 , he does not expect it to become current by oct 05. he said, maybe after oct 05 depending on how the cut off date progresses, there's slight chance i will be able to file 485 by mid 06. There's also a chance of visa numbers running out again since so many applicants are waiting.

any comments?

7th Year - screen shots work

I just got an Email from CIS to say my 7th year extension was approved. My renewal was mailed in the first week of July and I got the receipt notice issued 11th July.

According to the CIS service center web sites the I-129 were up to 2nd June and I-539 (for dependents) were up to 3rd May.

From the email I just got, my 7th year H1B was approved yesterday and was mailed out the same day.

I have two observations

As a genuine 7th year case I emailed Dallas BEC and got a screenshot, I think it helped CIS respond swifter.

If CIS can have a website that updates processing times (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp)

plus the option of applicants and representatives (lawyers / employers) getting case updates via email (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp;jsessionid=bPotHnpbp1be)

then is it really too much to ask for the BEC offices to have a similar system.

The greatest challenge of this whole process has been the time factor and just not knowing where I was.

This could have been overcome if there was just better communication.

Venting over….. good luck to all, ….anticipation is half the fun……

WhyThisDelay said:
EB3 becoing current reminds me of saying - 'If it is too good to be true, it is not likely to be true'. I dont know how immigration-law.com got this update, but it seems more like excerpt from gossip column.

My PD is april 2003, and I'm pretty pessimistic of being able to file 485 in next one year. My lawyer also indirectly indicated this to me - implying he thinks that most probably visa numbers will run out for EB3 (esp. for India/China) before 4/2003 becomes current.

Please read this update closely. As I read it; It only says that EB3 could be current for worldwide. For India & China there could be a cut off date. Honestly I do not see any improvement in th esituation for EB3.

Our only hope is some kind of congressional mandate that will increase visa numbers significantly. On the positive side there is an increasing debate and lobbying groups working for more visa numbers. I feel that we will see some relief before the end of the calendar year

My dilemma

My 6 years of H1B end in Jan 2006. My PD is Feb 2003. Category EB3 DBEC. I hate my job. With all these delays at various stages should I find a new job and file PERM in Eb2 category or should I wait and sit out my wait time till Feb 03 becomes current, 140 gets approved and six months passed after application of 485?

If I decide to sit it out with EB3 I will be able to apply for 485 sometime after Sep 2006 if numbers are available.

Given my 6 years coming to an end one company refused to sponsor my H1 due to all the uncertainity will any company hire me in this situation? What should be my pitch to get them to hire me with a transfered H1.

Another problem is that my spouse cant work without an EAD and No EAD without 485 and current EB3. My goal is to get the damn EAD and be able to change jobs.

I know I should have changed jobs the moment I learnt about the Eb3 retrogression.