Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Understand your frustration

LC_blues said:
My 6 years of H1B end in Jan 2006. My PD is Feb 2003. Category EB3 DBEC. I hate my job. With all these delays at various stages should I find a new job and file PERM in Eb2 category or should I wait and sit out my wait time till Feb 03 becomes current, 140 gets approved and six months passed after application of 485?

If I decide to sit it out with EB3 I will be able to apply for 485 sometime after Sep 2006 if numbers are available.

Given my 6 years coming to an end one company refused to sponsor my H1 due to all the uncertainity will any company hire me in this situation? What should be my pitch to get them to hire me with a transfered H1.

Another problem is that my spouse cant work without an EAD and No EAD without 485 and current EB3. My goal is to get the damn EAD and be able to change jobs.

I know I should have changed jobs the moment I learnt about the Eb3 retrogression.
Facing the same situation, already 6 years are gone into my 7th year. My advise is that just hangon,because DBEC is processing Feb'03 now.You will hear yoyur good news soon.There is a possibility that EB3 will be current atleast for a month after oct'05.Moreover PERM EB2 is more complicated.

srignram said:
Facing the same situation, already 6 years are gone into my 7th year. My advise is that just hangon,because DBEC is processing Feb'03 now.You will hear yoyur good news soon.There is a possibility that EB3 will be current atleast for a month after oct'05.Moreover PERM EB2 is more complicated.

I am also in a similar situation PD Aug2003 EB3 and my 6th year will end April 2006. Do you guys know if i can use the proof of pending approval from current employer to apply 7th year extn from the new employer if i change?

Thanks

cantstandit said:
Actually, there's an offset of 100,000 cases between 83XXX and 9XXXX ... so instead of 10k, they entered 17,000 + 9XXXX = 107,000 cases between 05/174 and 05/229, or some 2,000 cases/day, which is approximately the average for the entire period since April ...

what concerns me the most (I'm T-05129-99XXX) is that all cases since April/May (when they started the temporary data entry) will have to be entered completely, and that could take a LONG time ... it sucks sooo bad ...

Hi,

I got temporary number back in May 2005, which is T-05140-30xxx

PD april2002
EB3/NON RIR
CA
NO 45 days letter

indio0617 said:
Please read this update closely. As I read it; It only says that EB3 could be current for worldwide. For India & China there could be a cut off date. Honestly I do not see any improvement in th esituation for EB3.

Our only hope is some kind of congressional mandate that will increase visa numbers significantly. On the positive side there is an increasing debate and lobbying groups working for more visa numbers. I feel that we will see some relief before the end of the calendar year
honestly, i dont know of any lobbying group that is pushing for more VISA numbers for employment based GC. We would be lucky if the gods (congress) does this favour.
--MC

what is the logic of calculating as to when the case was entered?? or speed with which BEC is entering cases.

Case Status when LC is Remanded

Hi LC Gurus,
My LC was filed in Aug 2001 in EB2 category in CA. It was remanded back to SWA in May 2002. Would this case be placed in RIR on non-RIR queue at BEC. I am getting some conflicting information. Also, I saw that many lucky people with RD date of 2003 got 45 days notice, but I haven't received one yet. Does any body know what is order in which BEC is processing the app. Is it FIFO in terms of priority date or is it FIFo in terms of when BEC received it.

Yeah. That is one thing I really fear (BECs taking a long time to enter data, before doing any approvals).

This is the bad thing that Philly center is doing. People stuck in philly center are getting real mad at them.

I hope DBEC reserves only 30-40% people for full entry and do the full entry via FIFO, while other people work on approving the cases. But it is too hard to predict BEC's moves. Just sit tight with fingers crossed.

cantstandit said:
Actually, there's an offset of 100,000 cases between 83XXX and 9XXXX ... so instead of 10k, they entered 17,000 + 9XXXX = 107,000 cases between 05/174 and 05/229, or some 2,000 cases/day, which is approximately the average for the entire period since April ...

what concerns me the most (I'm T-05129-99XXX) is that all cases since April/May (when they started the temporary data entry) will have to be entered completely, and that could take a LONG time ... it sucks sooo bad ...

Which Service Center?

Pegasus503 said:
I just got an Email from CIS to say my 7th year extension was approved. My renewal was mailed in the first week of July and I got the receipt notice issued 11th July.

According to the CIS service center web sites the I-129 were up to 2nd June and I-539 (for dependents) were up to 3rd May.

From the email I just got, my 7th year H1B was approved yesterday and was mailed out the same day.

I have two observations

As a genuine 7th year case I emailed Dallas BEC and got a screenshot, I think it helped CIS respond swifter.

If CIS can have a website that updates processing times (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp)

plus the option of applicants and representatives (lawyers / employers) getting case updates via email (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp;jsessionid=bPotHnpbp1be)

then is it really too much to ask for the BEC offices to have a similar system.

The greatest challenge of this whole process has been the time factor and just not knowing where I was.

This could have been overcome if there was just better communication.

Venting over….. good luck to all, ….anticipation is half the fun……

Will you please tell me which service center you filed your extension? Texas, California.........?

what was the month your last H1B Expierd?

Do you got exact one year extension? I wonder Do they Ovelap the months and you end up getting only 10-11 months extension?

If this is a wrong forum to discuss this I am very sorry.

Thank you.

Delicateone said:
Will you please tell me which service center you filed your extension? Texas, California.........?

what was the month your last H1B Expierd?

Do you got exact one year extension? I wonder Do they Ovelap the months and you end up getting only 10-11 months extension?

If this is a wrong forum to discuss this I am very sorry.

Thank you.
the extension will be given from the date when the present H1 expires not the date when you apply for extension. Suppose it expires on sep 2005 the new H1 will expire on sep 2006. After 6ys of H1 the extension will be in 1 yr increments. If you have I140 cleared and waiting to file 485 then the extension can be in 3yrs increments.

Any approval from state of Missouri??

Has anyone received approval from state of Missouri. Please do update.

PD: Oct 2002
45DL Received and Replied on March 05
State: MO
Case # D-5010-XXXXX
LC: Don't know yet

LC Approval

Just want to share with you guys the good news that my LC has been finally approved :).
As follow are some details:

ETA Case Number: D-04309-XXXXX
PD: 09/09/2002
Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: Region
State: CA
Occupation Title: Computer Software Engineers
Occupation Code: 999-151-031
Date Submitted (on Screen Shot): 06/09/2005
Date on Hard Copy: 06/09/2005
Hard Copy received: 08/17/2005

Thank you all for invaluable information shared in this forum and I wish you all best luck.

gth999 said:
the extension will be given from the date when the present H1 expires not the date when you apply for extension. Suppose it expires on sep 2005 the new H1 will expire on sep 2006. After 6ys of H1 the extension will be in 1 yr increments. If you have I140 cleared and waiting to file 485 then the extension can be in 3yrs increments.

If you have I-140 cleared and waiting to file 485 you can get only ONE TIME H1 extension 3 years duration for life , it can be little bit more if you are subject of I485 retrogression but only one.

If you have pending LC or I-140 more than 365 days H1 can be extended by 1 year increment indefinite number of times

yes

sparkling said:
I am also in a similar situation PD Aug2003 EB3 and my 6th year will end April 2006. Do you guys know if i can use the proof of pending approval from current employer to apply 7th year extn from the new employer if i change?

Thanks
You can go for the 7th year extension based on the pending LC with another employer.
Hmm ICARUS and GP111 both are missing for sometime now????

Last edited by a moderator:
gcride-CONGRATS

To: gcride

When you got your screen shot - did it say CERTIFIED. ?

Please confirm.

Thanks
buckleup1

QUESTION to ALL GURUS

I got a screen shot from Dallas - asked my HR to email to the 7yr extension email.

Among other things, the screen shot says the following:

Case Status: RIR
Date Submitted: 6/9/2005

All other data match. My case is a RIR case from California. My field is Chemical Engineering.

PD is August 2002
45 day letter recd- Dec 29, 2005
45 day letter replied- Jan 14, 2005

CAN anyone explain what this "STATUS=RIR" mean ? I am going crazy with DOL.

HAS ANYONE IN THIS FORUM GOT SCREEN SHOT STATUS AS "RIR" and "Date Submited= June/July 2005" - then received approval notice ? Please post.

Thanks guys for your help.

buckleup1

Receipt of LC Approval Hardcopy

I have been reading about numerous approvals on this forum. Most of the reported ones are with the screenshot received from one of the processing centers. My lawyer received a screenshot around a month back for my H1B extension which showed the status as certified. So far my lawyer has not received the hardcopy. The screenshot does not show case submitted date as I have read about in the posts here.

Are there other with older cases waiting for the hardcopy approval notice? Following are the details of my case:

Case#: D-04320-XX
EB2/RIR/CA
PD: June 02

Thanks,
Smoky

For DelicateOne

DelicateOne -

I see your PD is 3/05. How did you get your case # so quick? Did you get it from your screenshot and you yourself sent an email to H1B7thYear email address??

Thanks in advance.

buckleup1 said:
I got a screen shot from Dallas - asked my HR to email to the 7yr extension email.

Among other things, the screen shot says the following:

Case Status: RIR
Date Submitted: 6/9/2005

All other data match. My case is a RIR case from California. My field is Chemical Engineering.

PD is August 2002
45 day letter recd- Dec 29, 2005
45 day letter replied- Jan 14, 2005

CAN anyone explain what this "STATUS=RIR" mean ? I am going crazy with DOL.

HAS ANYONE IN THIS FORUM GOT SCREEN SHOT STATUS AS "RIR" and "Date Submited= June/July 2005" - then received approval notice ? Please post.

Thanks guys for your help.

buckleup1

Hi buckleup1 -
This RIR question was already asked 100 times. Please browse the last 5-6 pages, you will get your answer and some more info. Also, I guess, your "45 day letter recd " should be Dec 29, 2004 (not 2005).

Thanks
Ram