Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

lost hope

srignram said:
You can go for the 7th year extension based on the pending LC with another employer.
Hmm ICARUS and GP111 both are missing for sometime now????

my visa is expiring in march 06. im planning to change company due to various reasons .im running into 6th year now..please advice will the pd of sept03 can remain same if another co. agrees to transfer my h1 n apply for green card. and extension is possible...or my pd will change and i need to apply fresh LC.

thanks

LC_blues said:
My 6 years of H1B end in Jan 2006. My PD is Feb 2003. Category EB3 DBEC. I hate my job. With all these delays at various stages should I find a new job and file PERM in Eb2 category or should I wait and sit out my wait time till Feb 03 becomes current, 140 gets approved and six months passed after application of 485?

If I decide to sit it out with EB3 I will be able to apply for 485 sometime after Sep 2006 if numbers are available.

Given my 6 years coming to an end one company refused to sponsor my H1 due to all the uncertainity will any company hire me in this situation? What should be my pitch to get them to hire me with a transfered H1.

Another problem is that my spouse cant work without an EAD and No EAD without 485 and current EB3. My goal is to get the damn EAD and be able to change jobs.

I know I should have changed jobs the moment I learnt about the Eb3 retrogression.
I had the exact same thoughts when I heard my file was on the truck to Dallas or Philly, and another shocking news of EB3 retrogression. Then I got an offer but I need to pay all fees myself because it's a school. Since your PD is Feb/03, my best guess is your labor is already cleared. So, the bad scenario for you is waiting 7 more months to file 485. I know it could be worse, maybe you have to wait until Oct/2006 to file 485. However, it also could be less than 7 months.

If you file PERM today, your PD will be 12/2005, because you need 3 months for preparing the materials: journal, newspaper, 30 days post online, waiting for 30 more days after you finish ads and before you file for PERM. So, your PD will be at least Dec/2005. Suppose you can get labor cleared in 2 weeks, the day you get it could be year 2006. EB2 will be highly likely to retrogress to at least 2 years and cut-off date for EB2 could be Jan/2004 then---usually it's a year later than EB3 cut-off date. Then it's another 2-year-waiting to file 485.

I know it's a judgmental call. If you really like your new job you should NOT be held back by the stupid greed card process.

I would have posted exact the same thing as you posted if I don't have my labor now.
Even today, I filed my 140 after labor cleared from Dallas, I am still thinking about moving to another job. Yes my PD is Jan/03 and I'm from one of those countries.

I would like to hear more opinions on this...

Last edited by a moderator:
dolly09 said:
my visa is expiring in march 06. im planning to change company due to various reasons .im running into 6th year now..please advice will the pd of sept03 can remain same if another co. agrees to transfer my h1 n apply for green card. and extension is possible...or my pd will change and i need to apply fresh LC.

thanks

you will not be able to keep your priority date.
also you will not be eligible for the extension of your h1b status beyond 6 year period if you change your employer.

LC_blues said:
I have a couple of questions guys. (Can you please direct me to the right thread if this is not where I should post such questions).

My last employer got my LC approved in Dec 2001(EB2 - PD approx dec 2000). I had to change job in Sept 2002. I did not apply for I140 or 485 becoz of some constraints (stupid as they were).

My current employer applied for LC and my new PD is Feb 2003.

My question is, once I get my current LC approved can I use the last PD - dec 2000 as mentioned above?

Also, my category is EB3 now, At my new employer I got a promotion and I have 8 years of experience + MS from a US university. Can my employer file my I140 and 485 in the Eb2 category? What will my employer need now to fill my application in Eb2 category?

Thanks

LC_blues
One of the shocking news recently is that one-employer-one-employee-one labor policy. The answer is no you can't file another different EB2 labor through the same company. Also, you can't carry your previous PD. You can only carry previous PD if your previous 140 was approved.
But I'm not 100% sure and you should ask your lawyer.

What does RD and PD means

I am new to this formum and i noticeed many of you using the term RD and PD. Can some one tell me what does RD and PD means?

Thanks
Praveen007

Screen Shot shows certified

We have started the 7th year extension process, I have convinced the lawyer to send for a screen shot, he had planned to send the 45 days notice letter as a proof for LC pending.

After two weeks today we received the screen shot, it shows the case status as certified, for the forum benifit I am including some of the case information
Priority Date (PD): 2/18/2003
Regional Date (RD): 8/12/2003
45 days letter date : 1/24/2004
Case Number: D-04293-xxxxx
Type: RIR/TX

It did not show the exact date of certification, the lawyer expect it was last week.

Good luck to all :)

NeedMiracles said:
DelicateOne -

I see your PD is 3/05. How did you get your case # so quick? Did you get it from your screenshot and you yourself sent an email to H1B7thYear email address??

Thanks in advance.

My 6th anniversary of H1B is approching soon. My HR Department sent emails to Dallas and Philly both Backlog centers. Within 8 hours we recieved reply in screen shot from Philly though my case is in Dallas. 1 week later We got another email from dallas also providing the same information. I think if your inquiry is a genuine and if the employer request for the screen shot then you get the reply immediately. We were not aware in which backlog center the case is moved so we sent emails to both centers, basically mine is California SWA case.

Do you know about GC ?

Just kiddin'....man u need to catch up a lot !!

PD: Priority Date (when your case was filed with SWA)
RD: Regional Date (when your case was cleared by SWA and sent to Regional)

Some more abbreviations...

BEC - Backlog Elimination Center
DOL - Department of Labor

Welcome to the fourm.. :p

praveen007 said:
I am new to this formum and i noticeed many of you using the term RD and PD. Can some one tell me what does RD and PD means?

Thanks
Praveen007

But think for the people who has PD as in 2001 and 2002, still have not received their 45 day letter. It is not fair for them to have to wait to long for getting the data entered completely.
WhyThisDelay said:
Yeah. That is one thing I really fear (BECs taking a long time to enter data, before doing any approvals).

This is the bad thing that Philly center is doing. People stuck in philly center are getting real mad at them.

I hope DBEC reserves only 30-40% people for full entry and do the full entry via FIFO, while other people work on approving the cases. But it is too hard to predict BEC's moves. Just sit tight with fingers crossed.

Remanded to State

vghiya said:
Hi LC Gurus,
My LC was filed in Aug 2001 in EB2 category in CA. It was remanded back to SWA in May 2002. Would this case be placed in RIR on non-RIR queue at BEC. I am getting some conflicting information. Also, I saw that many lucky people with RD date of 2003 got 45 days notice, but I haven't received one yet. Does any body know what is order in which BEC is processing the app. Is it FIFO in terms of priority date or is it FIFo in terms of when BEC received it.

Once RIR is rejected and Remanded to state, the case becomes non-RIR but your PD remains same original PD. I am in a similar situation

Thanks GC from NJ:
Here is what my HR department sent me email a while ago:
The Department of Labor has received your Labor Cert and sent a 45 day letter to our immigration attorney. The 45 day letter is confirmation from the DOL that they have received your Labor Cert and will begin working on it. Our immigration attorney said that once she receives the 45 day letter, she usually receives the Labor Cert approval within 5-6 months from the date of the letter. The date on your 45 day letter was January 5, 2005. Your Labor Cert approval should be received by our attorneys any day now. Once I receive the approval, I will notify you

and another one saying:

I wanted to send you a quick email regarding the status of your green card. Your file is currently in the RIR phase waiting on DOL approval. As of today, the DOL office is processing files with a January 2003 received date. Your file has a received date of November 10, 2003. It is estimated that we should have an approval for you by August 2005.

Do you know where this take me to: Am I close to getting my labor cleared.
I dont beleive my HR guys (you know how they are)

To all

Hi

I wouldn't like to divert the topic of this thread, so I apologise in advance, I am putting my question in this message, if anybody knows about it kindly answer back or even send me a private message.

"Kindly answer the question if you know about this situation.

My wife is a primary applicant for greencard. I would like to confirm if it is true that even though she is an Indian citizen, she can apply to I-140 and I-485 at the same time though it(I-485) is retrogressed because she was born into middel east country.

Please answer the question if you know about this."

Praveen:

what is your PD ? BECs are processing labor cert based on PD not RD

praveen007 said:
Thanks GC from NJ:
Here is what my HR department sent me email a while ago:
The Department of Labor has received your Labor Cert and sent a 45 day letter to our immigration attorney. The 45 day letter is confirmation from the DOL that they have received your Labor Cert and will begin working on it. Our immigration attorney said that once she receives the 45 day letter, she usually receives the Labor Cert approval within 5-6 months from the date of the letter. The date on your 45 day letter was January 5, 2005. Your Labor Cert approval should be received by our attorneys any day now. Once I receive the approval, I will notify you

and another one saying:

I wanted to send you a quick email regarding the status of your green card. Your file is currently in the RIR phase waiting on DOL approval. As of today, the DOL office is processing files with a January 2003 received date. Your file has a received date of November 10, 2003. It is estimated that we should have an approval for you by August 2005.

Do you know where this take me to: Am I close to getting my labor cleared.
I dont beleive my HR guys (you know how they are)

Wow - nice to see late Feb 2003 approval.

This proves what Icarus has been saying all along. Some of the forum members here with PD in later part of Feb 2003 getting approved.

Although it is sad that many people with PD 2001-2002 havent got 45DL, it is always good to see someone getting certified and esp. the Q God moving ahead. Most probably the Q is now in March.

Congrats UpdateLC. BOL for next stages.

updateLC said:
We have started the 7th year extension process, I have convinced the lawyer to send for a screen shot, he had planned to send the 45 days notice letter as a proof for LC pending.

After two weeks today we received the screen shot, it shows the case status as certified, for the forum benifit I am including some of the case information

It did not show the exact date of certification, the lawyer expect it was last week.

LC approved

Hey Guys, Got an email from the lawyers office on Monday that my labor is approved. PD Jan 2003, RD Feb 2004, MI, RIR, EB3....... Hope this helps for others and thanks all for providing useful info. Can anybody tell about I140 and how to track its status and any forum here? Also can we file concurrent 140/485 or as the dates are not current we are no longer eligible for that? Thanks,

Whyallthis said:
Hi

I wouldn't like to divert the topic of this thread, so I apologise in advance, I am putting my question in this message, if anybody knows about it kindly answer back or even send me a private message.

"Kindly answer the question if you know about this situation.

My wife is a primary applicant for greencard. I would like to confirm if it is true that even though she is an Indian citizen, she can apply to I-140 and I-485 at the same time though it(I-485) is retrogressed because she was born into middel east country.

Please answer the question if you know about this."
Country of Birth counts when applying for 485. Hence, retrogression for India doesnt matter in your case. So, in short you are LUCKY! Good Luck!!

Icarus

Icarus.

1) As per the spread sheet that JustWatching is maintaining, the temporary data entry is suppose to be complete by Aug 19 (this Friday). Is this really the case or there are still some x thousand cases left to be temp. entered?

2) Any idea how much resources will be devoted for full data entry and how many to analysing the TR/RIR queues after temp data entry.

3) What is the projected date for full data entry to finish.

When can it happen to me, too

updateLC said:

Congrats!! My PD is October 2003, EB-2 RIR, CA. I just extended for 8th year and trying to avoid for 9th year!! what you experts forecast on my case? As I understood, no 3 year extension without I 140 approval after 6 years of H1-B.

Thanks in advance.

DocPC

Labor Processing Sucks - Big Time

Guys.

Reading the Dallas and Philly BEC forums daily, it sometimes become depressing with all the grim news/projections being posted. I just thought of going and browsing the I140/I485 forums ( maybe I wanted to wander in dreamland thinking my labor is approved and I need to see what's going on in I140/I485).

To my surprise there are many cases in those forums who applied for 140/485 and got both of them approved in 2-3 months (yes months not years). There were few exceptions who were taking longer time, but for most part they were talking time delays in terms of months (some were even talking in terms of weeks).

Over here, we are talking 3-4 years wait for lobor as if 1 year is a small blip in the our dictionary (it is actually really a small blip for DOL/BECs). Man - this sucks really big time. I wonder if all these delays/laziness in processing is intentional. My friend told me 5 years back, the labor certification used to come in 3-4 months and Sept 11 changed it all.

Reading all this would make you think that you somehow get out of labor mess, the next stages are really nothing as compared to what we've already endured.