Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

WaitingonLC said:
Dear Friends,

I have requested Dallas BEC for the proof to file 7th year extn.They have sent me a screen shot with all my details it it and in that I noticed there is field for case status and it says CERTIFIED..Can I assume My case is certified?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Yep.. Congratulations

WaitingonLC:

Congrats...Your approval notice might be on it's way.
Keep checking with your employer/attorney.

When i sent an email to h1b7yr i got status as RIR.
What you got in field Existance Check : ???

Thanks,
-SR
TX/RIR/EB2
PD 11/02
45 letter - 12/04
D-04287-1xxxx

WaitingonLC said:
Dear Friends,

I have requested Dallas BEC for the proof to file 7th year extn.They have sent me a screen shot with all my details it it and in that I noticed there is field for case status and it says CERTIFIED..Can I assume My case is certified?

WaitingonLC said:
Dear Friends,

Can you share with us how you made the request to Dallas BEC?

Thanks!

WaitingonLC said:
Dear Friends,

-------------------------------------------

Hi WaitingonLC,

Congrats dude... at least you came ot know that way. Cany ou post that address where you requested for 7th year H1B extn proof ? and also what wording you ut in the request. Probably we wo are bypassed can check by mailing to them... at least it will give some relief..

Congrats...You did it...

WaitingonLC said:
Dear Friends,

Congratulations dude...Yes u r certified. Keep the screenshot safe...
That's a good trick you did...Be prepared for next stages and slam it once you receive in snail mail....Frame 750-A and 750-B :eek: in your family room...

Does the screenshot says anything when it was approved?

My hearty congratulations may be u should change your nick :)

Thank you.

gp111 said:
Yep.. Congratulations

Thank you GP111.My lawer says she has not received anything yet on my case.Do you know the avgerage time to get the hard copy im mail after approval and also Is it better idea to do the enquiry thru lawyer orally/verbally or thru written request to DBEC?

Thanks in advance.

Only3moreYears said:
Can you share with us how you made the request to Dallas BEC?

Thanks!
from www.dol.gov

"Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verification that their application is pending at the Center. The email addresses are h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center. Include in this request all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known)."

sr2610 said:
WaitingonLC:

Congrats...Your approval notice might be on it's way.
Keep checking with your employer/attorney.

When i sent an email to h1b7yr i got status as RIR.
What you got in field Existance Check : ???

Thanks,
-SR
TX/RIR/EB2
PD 11/02
45 letter - 12/04
D-04287-1xxxx

Thank you.Failed

Can we do this ?

Are you saying you sent a mail for h1b7th year extension to find out the
status of LC even though you did not have a need for the 7th year extension ?

I'll be very happy if we can get to know status this way. But are there any repurcussions ?

Doesnt DOL check against such mails ? It'll be very easy for them to look
at the dates and find out that one does not need the extension after all.

But hey, if it works, I'm not complaining.

WaitingonLC said:
Thank you.Failed

PERM without converting old application

Thanks for the reply abzy!!

My attorney is saying it's not converting old application to PERM, it's completely new application under PERM.
Is it possible? What happens if DOL knows about my pending application at BEC? Do they have any system to track by alien's name and company?
I cannot afford loosing my PD at this stage.

-SR
TX/RIR/EB2
PD 11/02
45 letter - 12/04
D-04287-1xxxx

abzy2004 said:
Well, backup is misnomer IMO. DOL has indicated that filing a new PERM will automatically result in withdrawl of old application. You may be closer than you think. Remember that LC is just ONE step in GC.. more important (believe it or not) is actually be able to apply for I-485 - EAD/AC21/ and Actual GC is based on being able to apply for I-485.

qwerty1111 said:
Are you saying you sent a mail for h1b7th year extension to find out the
status of LC even though you did not have a need for the 7th year extension ?

I'll be very happy if we can get to know status this way. But are there any repurcussions ?

Doesnt DOL check against such mails ? It'll be very easy for them to look
at the dates and find out that one does not need the extension after all.

But hey, if it works, I'm not complaining.
---------------------------

May be people who applied or applying for extension should check it first and then post the outcome here.. I guess that would make better sense.. But I bet, by now there should be 100s of emails at the above mentioned address to check the status.. there are lot frustrated folks in here !!

to WaitingonLC

WaitingonLC,

can you please share your Dallas BEC number -first few digits -

is it 04320-xxx or 04321 -xxx ?

thanks
buckleup1

WaitingonLC said:
Dear Friends,

Congrats WaitingonLC ,

what was the job requirment on you labor certification, like BS+2 Years?

Thanks,

damn these BEC folks

I guess your LC had been certified in MAY itself....

why the hell these BEC guys are holding it .....

it is very frustrating...

WaitingonLC said:
Dear Friends,

damn these BEC folks

I guess ur LC had been certified in MAY itslef...

damn these BEC's.... why the hell they are holding..

Maveric,
02/2003

WaitingonLC said:
Dear Friends,

You CAN file another LC while keeping the old one.

abzy - I think you are wrong (unless you are saying this based on some latest DOl/USCIS udpates). You can actually file for another LC via PERM and still keep the old application. In fact there are many folks at my company who are doing exactly the same - keeping the old application while filing another EB2 application via PERM.

This has been answered here http://www.immigration.com/faq/perm.html#30

(I'm copying and pasting the question/answer here)
Q29 Can we file another Labor Cert application under PERM and still keep pending another application through RIR/NON RIR.
A29 Short answer: Yes. But do read on. If you want to transfer the priority dates, you will have to withdraw the old labor cert and re file within 210 days a PERM base labor cert. Both labor certs MUST be IDENTICAL (absolutely same). If you do NOT want to transfer the PD, you could file an identical OR a different application under PERM. As long as both applications are filed in good faith (not fraudulent), you can take advantage of both. USDOL does not like this practice, but so far they can do nothing about it.

abzy2004 said:
Well, backup is misnomer IMO. DOL has indicated that filing a new PERM will automatically result in withdrawl of old application. You may be closer than you think. Remember that LC is just ONE step in GC.. more important (believe it or not) is actually be able to apply for I-485 - EAD/AC21/ and Actual GC is based on being able to apply for I-485.

Traditional case status

Any news on traditional cases from Dallas BEC?? My PD at Michigan is 08/01 and have not gotten anything from Dallas yet.
I would apreciate any updates.
Thanks,

Congrats....

WaitingonLC said:
Dear Friends,

WaitingonLC,

Congrats.... for your LC.

I had sent the same for my 7th year extension. My case status was "RIR". I am bit worried about "Existence check:" field which says "Failed".

Can you please let me know what it is saying in your screen shot for "Existence check:" ?

Thanks,

Even WaitingonLC got it as "Failed".
I think it should be okay and it's not going to effect the approval process.

-SR

dsugandhi said:
WaitingonLC,

Congrats.... for your LC.

I had sent the same for my 7th year extension. My case status was "RIR". I am bit worried about "Existence check:" field which says "Failed".

Can you please let me know what it is saying in your screen shot for "Existence check:" ?

Thanks,

Gurus,
I sent a request for proof of LC filing for 7th year extension to Philly BEC on July 6, 2005 and they responded today (July 12, 2005). Here is what they sent in the official screenshot:

--------------------------------------------------
ETA Case Number:
P-04352-08XXX
Priority Date:
04/24/2003

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name:
XXYYZZ, INC.
Business Activity:
CONSULTING ENGINEERS

Occupation Title:
Programmer Analyst
Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:
$ XXXX / Monthly
Prevailing Wage:
$ XXXX / Monthly

Alien Name:
<FIRT_NAME> <MIDDLE_NAME> <LAST_NAME>
Visa Type:
H-1B

Nationality or Citizenship:
<COUNTRY_NAME>

Case Received Date:
12/17/2004

Processing Center:
Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center

Case Status:
RIR

--------------------------------------------------

As you can notice above, the case status says "RIR". what is this supposed to mean? Also, I recieved "Employer failed existence check" in my 45-day CRNL. Lawyer responded with the appropriate documentation to prove employer's existence. However, in my screen shot, it doesn't say anything (They don't mention anything about employer existence check). Anybody, please advise.