Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

antonioa77 said:
what was the issue for which the Co called? can u expalin

it seems that BEC is making things faster by calling directly the lawyer instead of sending letters NOF or RFI by mail. am I right?

There was a document that needed to be signed both by the lawyer and the employer. My file was somehow missing the document that was signed by the employer. The CO mentioned that my case cannot be certified without that letter.

Zany_Brainy said:
Raydhan,
Don't know about anybody else, but I am with you ...
No news yet on my case, I think PKLam is with us too.. look at the spreadsheet prepared by Justwatching...

thanks
ZB

Me too in the same boat.
PD: Jan-08-02 (CA), RD : Aug-03
Dallas BEC : 45 day CRNL: Feb-05
RIR/EB-2

As mentioned by RAYDHAN, we see many approvals for cases with PDs between June'02 -- Aug'02 but not many with prior PDs like ours. Hopefully, we will also get the good news soon.
May be the RD (apart from PD) is also playing an important role in this process as per the following message of posted by GP111.

www.lewslaw.com "BEC in Dallas is currently processing California cases with receipt dates at DOL in San Francisco of May to July 2003" DOES NOT MEAN that DALLAS IS FOLLOWING RD INSTEAD OF PD OR DALLAS IN ONLY PROCESSING CA CASES
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.lewslaw.com is just informing its clients (which are from CA) that if your case had RD of May to July 2003 at Dallas then its under process. ALL Regional RIR Cases moved from california has RD of May-03 & above

vj4gc said:
Me too in the same boat.
PD: Jan-08-02 (CA), RD : Aug-03
Dallas BEC : 45 day CRNL: Feb-05
RIR/EB-2

As mentioned by RAYDHAN, we see many approvals for cases with PDs between June'02 -- Aug'02 but not many with prior PDs like ours. Hopefully, we will also get the good news soon.
May be the RD (apart from PD) is also playing an important role in this process as per the following message of posted by GP111.

www.lewslaw.com "BEC in Dallas is currently processing California cases with receipt dates at DOL in San Francisco of May to July 2003" DOES NOT MEAN that DALLAS IS FOLLOWING RD INSTEAD OF PD OR DALLAS IN ONLY PROCESSING CA CASES
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.lewslaw.com is just informing its clients (which are from CA) that if your case had RD of May to July 2003 at Dallas then its under process. ALL Regional RIR Cases moved from california has RD of May-03 & above

Hang in there folks , neelP postings has given some ray of hope since the approvals are not in order but in bunches so we may also see the light in near future. Late but never too late:)

RAYDHAN
Mine PD is March 2002, Oklahoma haven't got my LC approval yet.
----------------
OK PD:03/12/02(EB3/RIR)
TX RD:02/27/04

MA001 said:
Congratulations,
When did you reply to 45 day letter.

I got my letter from Dallas BEC on Feb 09 2005. My lawyer responded to it the same day. Someone asked me about the exact PD, the exact date is Aug 19 2002. Actually the letter that my lawyer and I received has a date of June 3 2005 but I got my labor approval notice only by June 27 2005.

Guys, I wish every one best of luck as this forum is very nice to get an estimate as to what is happening at processing centers. Else governments are same in every country. Sometimes my HR did not knew things that were posted here. They had to contact the company lawyer to confirm.

gp111, Icarus, Zany Brainy et al.. thanks for providing "insider" information. Keep up the good work!

mnhrdc said:
Hang in there folks , neelP postings has given some ray of hope since the approvals are not in order but in bunches so we may also see the light in near future. Late but never too late:)

Thats right - NeelP's postings are a good indication - Again I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the cases in the first half of 2002 (coz that sounds absurd), it just seems like its the turn of that batch of applications to suffer for a (hopefully little) while now !!

Aanlyzing may be by PD but NOT mailing by PD

nother1inline said:
Thats right - NeelP's postings are a good indication - Again I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the cases in the first half of 2002 (coz that sounds absurd), it just seems like its the turn of that batch of applications to suffer for a (hopefully little) while now !!

The folks who havent recieved and having earlier PD need not worry toomuch at this stage.
Read NeelP mail, the approvals are Dec 2001 to Aug 2002 recieved on same date to same company, which means the approvals are not mailed as and when the approvals are done . They are accumulating and mailing in batches.
Per Icarus the earlier cases would have been allready adjudicated but nowhere Icarus say what is procedure of mailing (by PD or by bunches like neelp mail)

So hang in there Ray and others ZB ows me a lunch:)

Need of 45 day letter after 7th year H1B extension

Icarus & experts,

For 7th year H1B extension, as per previous postings the attorney can contact to h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the proof of the labor certification pending for more than 1 year. Considering the fact that if attorney agrees for the H1 extension the sponsoring company is also has the same intention.

In that case, will a 45 letter be issued for this pending labor certification case by DFLC? Because, the intention of proceeding with the labor certification is already expressed by the attorney in requesting the 7th year extension request. Is not that enough for DOL to conclude that this pending labor certification is OK to be processed?

Thank you.

I wish you would get your approval by now. Your approval may be lost in the mail. Is there anyway you can phone someone at BEC and query about your approval? Anyboady has a BEC # and extension? Post please.

Originally Posted by Zany_Brainy
Raydhan,
Don't know about anybody else, but I am with you ...
No news yet on my case, I think PKLam is with us too.. look at the spreadsheet prepared by Justwatching...

thanks
ZB

Last edited by a moderator:
My LC case was sent to the State Office on 8/25/2003. I havent recieved my 45 day letter yet. Should I be worried?

Approval letter to Home Address of beneficiary?

nother1inline said:
I know it has been difficult for you to find out about the extension no. your lawyer called to know about your case beforehand but will it be possible for you to find out if any of the approvals recd. by your lawyer were in the first half of 2002 (June inclusive!)

Please confirm this!!
Approval letter comes to the Home Address of beneficiary also?
I thought Labor & I-140 are more company filings and I-485 is more of a personal filing!

Detroit2003 said:
Please confirm this!!
Approval letter comes to the Home Address of beneficiary also?
I thought Labor & I-140 are more company filings and I-485 is more of a personal filing!

Yes. Beneficiary also gets the letter informing that the LC has been approved 9at the mailing address in the application). But the certification (which is the application with approval stamp) is sent to the attorney.

Icarus had clarified it in one of his earlier postings and I confirmed it with my lawyer yesterday.

For Icarus

Hi Icarus,

Will you please see below quote and reply soon if possible...

Thanks

indiacard said:
Dear Icarus,

I have never made a personal request to you. This is my first request to you. Will you please tell us if you know or can get some info, about Indiana cases of SWA from April 2001, which never went to Regional... We are waiting here since last 4 years and cases from 2002/2003 are getting approved. I feel good that my friends are getting approved but feel bad that I am stuck for last 4 years..... Any info about Indiana cases please ? May be it is too much to ask, ....Can you give that Indiana box to data entry person? You can feel my pain for last 4 years, not able to change job, spouse cannot work, financial burden .... list can go on.

So dear friend, will you please get some info about Indiana cases? Are there any weekly meetings at Dallas office ? If you attend those, can you please somehow explain Indiana situation... I am sure you can help. Regards

Same as me

Mine was sent to OH SESA on 07/2003. RD June 2004 chicago. I never received 45 day letter. I am worried.

saz_1 said:
My LC case was sent to the State Office on 8/25/2003. I havent recieved my 45 day letter yet. Should I be worried?

Icarus, what about Michigan SWA cases?

That is not only Indiana SWA cases that are in a big mess. I filled my case in Michigan SWA in March 2002 TR case and never made it to the regional. Indiana may have the oldest SWA cases but, the fact is all SWA cases are in a big black hole at Dallas BRC and I don't understand why Icarus does not give us any updates on that.
:mad:
indiacard said:
Hi Icarus,

Will you please see below quote and reply soon if possible...

Thanks

am100

hi am100,

i got your PM, but haven't been able to reply by sending you one. i have tried various times with no luck. so i am replying to your message here instead.

i don't think i am the right person though to answer your question. i remember reading somewhere in this forum that it's possible to file 2 lcs with the same company under your name as long as the titles and job descriptions are different. so you leave the existing one with BEC and apply a new one under perm.

but i am really not sure though. perhaps someone else on forum can help with this?

Followup question abt 300,000 cases

Of the 300,000 cases, how many are RIR and how many are TR/NON RIR, any guess ?

misunderstood said:
Question to all gurus,

With all thats going on, just wanted to confirm that when DOL states that there are 300,000 cases, they are meaning all SWA and regional cases and not just regional cases, and in their recent update where they say they will finish data entry by Sept 2005, they mean all cases including those from SWA's that never made it ot regional...

Thanks.

Its total 360,000 Cases. (SWA + Regional)
Regional Count is about 100,000 ( 70% RIR).. Don't have information for SWA RIR/Non RIR count.

misunderstood said:
Question to all gurus,

With all thats going on, just wanted to confirm that when DOL states that there are 300,000 cases, they are meaning all SWA and regional cases and not just regional cases, and in their recent update where they say they will finish data entry by Sept 2005, they mean all cases including those from SWA's that never made it ot regional...

Thanks.

i fear that by what they mean by :they will finish data entry by sep 2005 it means they will enter all cases partly but not completely by that time.

if they really entered ,as they said ,till now 200,000 cases completely why they didn't send 45 days letters then for all those cases?

i think that they just entered completely most the regional cases which r like 60 to 70 K cases. whereas SWA cases especially in DBEC r just being entered partially and they will be finished being entered partially by sep 2005. therefore, most SWA cases will start receiving letters after sep 2005 because from october 2005 they will start being entered completely, for how long ? i don't know. as per ICarus, the contract for data entry finishes in march 2006.

in summary i think SWa cases have a long way to receive 45 days letters starting from october 2005 till march 2006. it is going nowhere.