Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

source:www.immigration-law.com;
06/22/2005: EB-2 Retrogression Prediction for Indians and Chinese

Back in March, the Department of State predicted that the EB-2 visa numbers for Chinese and Indians may start retrogressing on midway to FY 2006 and not before September 30, 2005. The State Department official may update this prediction here in Salt Lake City. Please say tuned.

nother1inline said:
Dude,

That's a statement with authority or is that just a conjecture (like so many things in this forum!!) I mean, a blanket statement like that is going to have you flooded with PMs :) I hope you don't lose your credibility as your posts are one of the most "looked forward to", atleast by me!!

Well, I am not giving guarantee that what I posted is 100% accurate & it will happen without any doubt.

I was trying all I could for last one month to find some insider info to find out when my case will be approved (PD Sept 2002 ).. After contacting various available sources like Law offices who got LCs from BEC, Few HR/Immigration experts, some good info people in this & other forums ONLY (ONLY!) thing I found is .. Dallas BEC has made good progress in processing Regional Cases with PDs up to June/July 2002 & waiting for USCIS to give some kind of goahed to issue those.. This was reconfirmed by more then two sources.

NOW IF this does not happen, What Can I DO !!! I am also one of you.. I am not DOL Nor have any close contact with DOL like ICARUS.

may be Icarus can confirm this.

Houston05 said:
We had applied at TWFC on Nov 1, 2002 (PD). My lawyer and employer got a notification in April 2003 saying that my wage is low compared to their determination. They also sent a job description, alongwith notification, for the job t..........

My 45-day letter was received on Dec 28, 2004 and was replied on January 3, 2005.

I think your case should be processed with other Nove 2002 PD cases (whenever Processing & CO queue reaches there - ICARUS is the only guy with the mighty answer "WHEN")

antonioa77 said:
ok thanks for ur explanation. but u think there will be any problem in certifying ur application? i think as long as the private survey is truthworthy and it fits ur job, there should be no problem. I have an application pending at BEC and i'm still at the SWA level never made it to regional. i think i will face the problem of wage as u. so i'm thinking about alternative as long as i hear from BEC. i'm a civil engineer what about u?

Antonioa77: I am Petroleum engineer and work in oil industry.

I had heard that, at regional level (before backlog centers), such cases were put on side and took years and years. I was wondering how backlog center will handle it? Would they consider survey by private agency? We went for private agency survey because we could not find any job code in DOL database that matched my job description.

Does anyone else in this forum have the similar case?

Zany_Brainy said:
I am giving up on this..

I think all of us who have been skipped over have no hope or projected date on when we will get our LCs from BRC so I am taking action on PERM.

GP111 I have a few questions you may help me with

1) Can I leave my existing BRC application intact and file for a new PERM LC?
I can file with a new title if needed and different work experience reqs as 3.5 years have passed since my LC was filed and lot has changed.

Yes You can do that ( Different Title / Different Profile).. Try to for the best Attorney.

2) If the answer is NO to the above question, I will prefer to transfer my current application to PERM (thus preserving PD), has DOL clearly defined how this will work? Will trying to convert my exisiting LC into PERM (i.e filing new identical LC and withdrawing the old one) result in slower PERM processing compared to a new case.

Yes, DOL has defined "HOW TO" for PD transfer. (Its available in PERM manual & FAQ)..It should not change the processing time. You just need to mention that you are withdrawing the case No ### with PD of ### & applying this PERM application.. Sucess Rate - not known yet

3) How long is a PERM case taking to process?

As of now, it takes 5 months.. may reduce soon (after new software launch)

Thanks in advance
ZB

gp111 said:
I think your case should be processed with other Nove 2002 PD cases (whenever Processing & CO queue reaches there - ICARUS is the only guy with the mighty answer "WHEN")

GP111

how can u predict that an LC with PD 4/ 2004 will be cleared in summer 2006? i think nobody at this stage can make such prediction. it all depends on how many analysers will be put on RIR queue and the non-rir and it depends on their speed and the number of applications at each BEC. for example the number of RIR cases in PHILI BEC will be like double the number of RIR in dallas BEC.therefore, i just wonder how did u estimate summer 2006.

thanks

antonioa77 said:
GP111

how can u predict that an LC with PD 4/ 2004 will be cleared in summer 2006? i think nobody at this stage can make such prediction. it all depends on how many analysers will be put on RIR queue and the non-rir and it depends on their speed and the number of applications at each BEC. for example the number of RIR cases in PHILI BEC will be like double the number of RIR in dallas BEC.therefore, i just wonder how did u estimate summer 2006.

thanks

You are correct.. There is no way to predict "WHEN".. My answer was not a prediction, Just assumption according to DOLs earlier "24 to 40 Months Plan".. If thats still valid, all RIR should be cleared by end of 2006.

Question

I'm currently stuck at Dallas BEC with PD 2002 applied from California.

I have a better position within same company at NY office.

If I move to NY, reapply as PERM, lawyer says I can keep the California application going.

If California labour gets approved first, will I have to move back to Calif from NY for my I140 and I485?

gp111 said:
CONGRATULATIONS peterpb...
Good Luck for the next stages.

People with PD earlier then June 2002 waiting for Dallas BEC, you may get your approvals soon after July 01, 2005.. Now don't ask me how I found that info.

I am editing this post to add the following :
THIS IS NOT 100% SURESHOT INFORMATION..

My Attorney is also giving me similar "conspiracy theory".. Do you think that can be true ??

ty12 said:
I'm currently stuck at Dallas BEC with PD 2002 applied from California. I have a better position within same company at NY office.

If I move to NY, reapply as PERM, lawyer says I can keep the California application going.

YES,,

If California labour gets approved first, will I have to move back to Calif from NY for my I140 and I485?

NO,, You can use AC-21 after 180 days of I-485

I'm currently stuck at Dallas BEC with PD 2002 applied from California. I have a better position within same company at NY office.

YES,,

Where do I apply for I-485? CA or NY?

ty12 said:

YES,,

Where do I apply for I-485? CA or NY?

You have to apply I-140/485 in CSC if LC is for California Office

gp111 said:
CONGRATULATIONS peterpb...
Good Luck for the next stages.

People with PD earlier then June 2002 waiting for Dallas BEC, you may get your approvals soon after July 01, 2005.. Now don't ask me how I found that info.

I am editing this post to add the following :
THIS IS NOT 100% SURESHOT INFORMATION..

Our HR guy also came up with similar explaination last week.. I don't believe DOL - USCIS would do that.

How can it be 5 months...

Immigrationportal.com and other sites are reporting PERM apprvals already. The first PERM applications were filed around April 1st Week.

So April - May - June ( June 1st week we heard of approvals) that is 2 months. How did you say 5 months for PERM PROCESSING?

I am confused GP111

ZB

The fact that your case as approved

GCNoway said:
Our HR guy also came up with similar explaination last week.. I don't believe DOL - USCIS would do that.

The fact that your case was approved shows that this is baseless...

If this was true, then no MAY-JUNE cases would be released...

Thanks
ZB

Please get that extension #

NeelP said:
My Attorney is also giving me similar "conspiracy theory".. Do you think that can be true ??

Can you please get that extension number your attorney used for the Dallas BEC?

thanks
ZB

Zany_Brainy said:
The fact that your case was approved shows that this is baseless...

If this was true, then no MAY-JUNE cases would be released...

Thanks
ZB

at the same time bunch of other approved cases (approved in april/may this year as per my Attorney) of my company with PD of APR-2002, MAY-2002 are still not received & have received few Jul/Aug cases which ware approved last week. That makes GP111s info in right direction..

Zany_Brainy said:
Can you please get that extension number your attorney used for the Dallas BEC?

thanks
ZB

Sorry ZB, I could not get Ext'n # from my Attorney. May be he does not want to share his inside contact. The info he gave for some of my department cases looks correct as we received LCs (unfortunately not mine :mad: ) with PD of August 2002 ..

Zany_Brainy said:
Immigrationportal.com and other sites are reporting PERM apprvals already. The first PERM applications were filed around April 1st Week.

So April - May - June ( June 1st week we heard of approvals) that is 2 months. How did you say 5 months for PERM PROCESSING?

I am confused GP111

ZB

ZB/gp111,
I know someone who got his PERM approval in 5 weeks(33-36 days) filed from CA.
I talked to my lawyer today (after posting some questions here and gp's replies) about moving my case to PERM and he mentioend that identical case can be moved to PERM and it wil retain the PD (but original case is in EB3, so i would rather stay in BEC). If new title and salary is used then it will be new case under PERM with new PD. (if EB2 regtrogression happens, then this scenario will suck).

Zany_Brainy said:

I am confused GP111

ZB

2 months for Advertising/Recruting + 8 to 12 weeks of PERM Processing time