Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I am Happy But Confused

After talking with GP111 yesterday, I asked my HR to call Dallas BEC this morning. What She found out is MY CASE WAS APPROVED ON MAY 02, 2005. The BEC guy also told her that thay have not sent the approval out yet.

I don't know what to believe.. If the case was approved on 2nd May, today is 17th June, why they are keeping it with them ? Why my attorney has not received it ??

ICARUS, GP111 & Other Gurus.. Any Idea what is holding my LC back there ?

mail backlog reduction center

NeelP said:
After talking with GP111 yesterday, I asked my HR to call Dallas BEC this morning. What She found out is MY CASE WAS APPROVED ON MAY 02, 2005. The BEC guy also told her that thay have not sent the approval out yet.

I don't know what to believe.. If the case was approved on 2nd May, today is 17th June, why they are keeping it with them ? Why my attorney has not received it ??

I guess DOL need a mail backlog reduction center

NeelP said:

congrats, god news. probably Zany brainy case and others with PD before 9/02 have also been approved but they r not mailed out yet.

so ur case is RIR?

what is the phone number your HR call? I really doubt 214-237-9111 is the correct number.....since my company calls and everytime a lady will transfer to a recording message...

They won't give any info over the phone.
A recording says once the backlog is completed new letter will be sent out.

p.s. Congratulations for your approval. hope you can receive it before June 30th so you can file 140/485 together

NeelP said:

lc4gc said:
what is the phone number your HR call? I really doubt 214-237-9111 is the correct number.....since my company calls and everytime a lady will transfer to a recording message...

They won't give any info over the phone.
A recording says once the backlog is completed new letter will be sent out.

p.s. Congratulations for your approval. hope you can receive it before June 30th so you can file 140/485 together

Thanks lc4gc.
I believe she called on 214-237-9111 only, I will confirm & post here if there is any other number available.

I am qualified for EB-2 so, I should be able to file I-140/485 concurrently as sonn as I get the LC ..

Million Dollar question is WHEN ??????????????????????

NeelP said:

Congratulations !
I guess Dallas has approved lot of cases like this and they are not mailing them because they are not in FIFO basic. They will keep all the approved cases in approved queue and then mail them in FIFO so that it will not be controversial.

This is just a cases..

antonioa77 said:
congrats, god news. probably Zany brainy case and others with PD before 9/02 have also been approved but they r not mailed out yet.

so ur case is RIR?

Thanks Antonioa77
Yes it was RIR

Need suggestions!

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure how far the new retrogression date will go when they revise in Oct 05. Even if my LC gets approved (hopefully soon), I have to wait for sometime to file my 485.

I have another situation with my previous employer. My previous employer applied my GC by transferring someone's approved I-140 to me (never filed LC for me). Unfortunately, before it gets approved I joined my current employer and filed a fresh LC. Later I came to know that my 1-140 got approved (March 2002) and they transferred it again to someone else. I don't even have a copy of that approval with me.

Questions:
----------
1) If my LC gets approved soon, can I use that priority date to file 1-140 & 485 concurrent (Hopefuly I can get a copy of my I-140 by paying some money to my previous employer)

2) Is there any way I can get a copy of that approval directly from INS?

3) A friend of mine told me that if my current attorney office make a request on my I-140 approval from the previous attorney office, legally they are supposed to give a copy. Is this true?

I would really appreciate for any suggestions. Thanks a bunch!

- SR

PD: CA-EB3-RIR : Feb 03
RD: Jan 04.
45 Day Letter : Received 12/04 and replied immediate.

GCNoEasy said:
Hi Guys,

Questions:
----------
1) If my LC gets approved soon, can I use that priority date to file 1-140 & 485 concurrent (Hopefuly I can get a copy of my I-140 by paying some money to my previous employer)

No, because it was not your PD originally. It was a substiture LC & again used for someone else.

No, INS will not issue I-140 copy to you
3) A friend of mine told me that if my current attorney office make a request on my I-140 approval from the previous attorney office, legally they are supposed to give a copy. Is this true?

That may be worked out

- SR

NeelP said:

NeelP,

Congratulations for your approval. It is quite possible that BPC may not have post your approved LC because my attorney got an approval letter on June 6th 2005 which was approved on Feb 28th 2005.

NeelP said:

I think its because of this bloody July 1st cut off date. If they release it after July 1st, you are automatically IN-ELIGIBLE to apply I-140 and 485. They are trying to create another BIG HOLE. Who knows.

This could be the reason.

We need the number

NeelP said:
Thanks Antonioa77
Yes it was RIR

Hi Neel,
Please please confirm the number your HR called. Everytime someone calls from my office, we are sent to a voicemail.

thanks
ZB

Zany_Brainy said:
Hi Neel,
Please please confirm the number your HR called. Everytime someone calls from my office, we are sent to a voicemail.

thanks
ZB

ZB:

Stay hopefull. Your LC could very well be approved just like Neel and in the "mail queue". Really.... this is red-tape evil at it's worst.

I suspect DOL is by and large still a very disfunctional group. Imagine: sitting amongst that huge pile I guess it is a free for all. When an employee is in the mood for working when he is not taking a coffee break he / she just pulls the nearest file and approves them randomly ignoring FIFO rules. At least that is what my attorney thinks. My office has tried calling that number to no effect several times. Ask your attorney to call /send a fax to DOL. That could elicit a reply.

What's the status on non-rir SWA cases?

I've been a silent watcher of this forum all these days.And I've to say that there are so many nice people here sharing all the valuable information and I couldn't have got more information from anywhere else.
So..ICARUS or any other guru here, is there any way that you could tell me where my friend's status is...his is an application filed under non-RIR in January 2003 from Wisconsin.Never made it to regional.What is the speculative timeframe that he can see some light at the end of tunnel(LABOR APPROVED message from attorney).Thanks in advance.

Great work guys..keep it up!!!

PD-January 2003(Wisconsin)
RD-Never made it to regional

pvr2pvr said:
To all the gurus can it be as follows...
Rule : FILO as per BEC. It is impossible to make it strictly go through FIFO. Finally they will make you go through the FIFO only. It may be controlled at the CO level. Here is how.

There is EB2 and EB3.
I gone through the tracker most certified belongs to EB3, only two belong to EB2.
1. Even if they certify the EB3 for 2002 or 2003 it doesn't make any difference for the beneficiary, he has to wait on the line for the next stage because 140 & 485 is at 2001. if your 2001 case is certified late, still you have advantage over the previous approval. so there is no need to go strictly go through the FIFO, instead of sitting idle, they are approving the EB3.

2. I think the EB2 cases certified are special handling cases. If the 2002 and 2003 EB2 cases are certified then it is unjustice because there may be 2001 cases which are not entered in to the system etc., If 2002 & 2003 cases are certified then they will go to the next stage 140 &485 and take advantage as visa numbers are available. So they are waiting for the EB2 oldest cases to be available for certification.

I think ZB etc.. cases belongs to EB2, thats the reason you are saying that you didn't hear any thing from them.

If this analysis is true... Please don't cry that later PD applications are getting certified!!

Can this be ... True...
NO EB2 or EB3 at LC stage, that comes into effect at filing of I-140
An EB2 can file I140 conncurrently for both EB2 and EB3 at I-140 stage

Zany_Brainy said:
Hi Neel,

thanks
ZB

Same case with me they transfer to recorded AVM

preethi_preethi said:
I've been a silent watcher of this forum all these days.And I've to say that there are so many nice people here sharing all the valuable information and I couldn't have got more information from anywhere else.
So..ICARUS or any other guru here, is there any way that you could tell me where my friend's status is...his is an application filed under non-RIR in January 2003 from Wisconsin.Never made it to regional.What is the speculative timeframe that he can see some light at the end of tunnel(LABOR APPROVED message from attorney).Thanks in advance.

Great work guys..keep it up!!!

PD-January 2003(Wisconsin)
RD-Never made it to regional

An earlier post said SWA cases are at data entry stage and also it was said that many of them have been not entered. The priority was given to most old cases which were at Regional Office.
Everyone will recieve BEC 45 DAY CNRL notification which is mandatory
Answer back in 45 days deadline - you need to watch for this first
AFter reciept BEC will process application under TR process which is more time consuming than RIR where allready Ad has been completed.

The worst case scenerio is you may not see adjudication in yr 2005
The best case scenerio is in Early part of yr 2006

Ask your friend to enjoy the stay & hang on to job. It is too early to worry at this current stage.

GCNoEasy said:
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure how far the new retrogression date will go when they revise in Oct 05. Even if my LC gets approved (hopefully soon), I have to wait for sometime to file my 485.

I have another situation with my previous employer. My previous employer applied my GC by transferring someone's approved I-140 to me (never filed LC for me). Unfortunately, before it gets approved I joined my current employer and filed a fresh LC. Later I came to know that my 1-140 got approved (March 2002) and they transferred it again to someone else. I don't even have a copy of that approval with me.

Is I-140 transferrable?

Questions:
----------

Just curious.
Even if you get the previous I-140 back, what's the use? Can you file 485 based on this I-140 approval without your previous employer's sponsorship?

- SR

pvr2pvr made a wild guess, althouth unlikely

If DOL adopts some policy intended to creat barrier to the whole process (not only LC), that's too bad!

You know technically it's not that difficult to check the profile to decide a case belongs to EB2 or EB3, even at this stage it really shouldn't matter.

mnhrdc said:
NO EB2 or EB3 at LC stage, that comes into effect at filing of I-140
An EB2 can file I140 conncurrently for both EB2 and EB3 at I-140 stage

ICARUS...Solve this mystery

Icarus said:
CO's just passed 3000 certs total this past week. Unfortunately, no way of knowing on my part as to the PD they're on.

Hi Icarus,

Please help us to solve this mystery of approvals. As you mentioned that COs have certified more than 3000 cases so far....If it is strictly FIFO, then this certifying queue should be at april 2001 stage but in last tw0 months, we have seen approvals of july 2002 and even jan 2003. So its really hard to believe..

Today, one of our friend's attorney called Dallas BEC and Dallas BEC mentioned that case has been approved on May 2nd..........but attorney has not received any approval notification yet.....

Some friends who received their approval notification in june....their letter says that case approved on may,xx, 2005.

So its really mystery that is hard to understand and you are the one who can clarify.....( as you already mentioned that you donot know the PD of certifying cases............but we would like to clarify these random approvals).

I hope you would have some answer by this weekend!

thanks, :)