Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

mnhrdc - i think ur wrong - my attorney clearly specified that this is based on whats mentioned in ur labor application..if its mentioned it requires only bachelors or 5 yrs work exp..etc etc..then its already implied its EB3 then or EB2 in the other situation
mnhrdc said:
NO EB2 or EB3 at LC stage, that comes into effect at filing of I-140
An EB2 can file I140 conncurrently for both EB2 and EB3 at I-140 stage

puhrince said:
mnhrdc - i think ur wrong - my attorney clearly specified that this is based on whats mentioned in ur labor application..if its mentioned it requires only bachelors or 5 yrs work exp..etc etc..then its already implied its EB3 then or EB2 in the other situation

i just wana make sure that for EB-2, MS is sufficient right? or MS +6 months?

geekwantsgc said:
Thanks gp111,
Could you please point me to a list where I can find the the complete list of documents required for 140/485.

Thanks and Best Regards,

From you side you will need

For I-485
--------
1. Form G-28. If filing through a lawyer.
2. I-485, Application to Adjust Status, with copy of I-94 and 2 photographs
3. I-131, Application for Travel Document, with copy of passport identity pages and 2 photographs(Immigration photo).
4. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with copy of passport identity pages and 2 photographs
5. I-765 Card. This is your signature card. This is used to prepare you Employment Authorization Card.
6. G-325A, Biographic Information.
7. I-693, Medical Examination, with copy of vaccination.
8. Evidence of valid nonimmigrant status, with copy of both sides of I-94, copy of entire passport, and written summary of beneficiary and spouse nonimmigrant history.
9. Tax returns & W2 for last 3 years
10. 3 latest pay stubs
12. Birth Certificate.
13. Marriage Certificate.
14. Employment Letter.

I-140
------
1. Employment letter
2. Employment Reference Letters (if experience required)
3. Degree Cert / Mark Sheets / Transcript
4. Education Evaluation (if required)
5. Copy of I-94
6. 3 latest Pay Stubs

NeelP said:
Thanks lc4gc.
I believe she called on 214-237-9111 only, I will confirm & post here if there is any other number available.

I am qualified for EB-2 so, I should be able to file I-140/485 concurrently as sonn as I get the LC ..

Million Dollar question is WHEN ??????????????????????

Hey neel,
I send you a PM also.. Can you please give me a call, my number is in PM.
thanks

GP

MS or MS+6 months is not sufficient..the position must say that it requires a MS - that itself will get you EB2..
antonioa77 said:
i just wana make sure that for EB-2, MS is sufficient right? or MS +6 months?

Dallas Lobor - Plese help

Hi all,

I am a silent spectator of this forum from a long time and today I am here to
ask you guys about the expected dates of my lobor process.

Case Details:
KS (Kansas), RIR, EB2
state filling date: Apr 2004
Federal: Apr 18 2004
Dallas 45 day letter received & replied in Feb 2005 (replied on Feb 10 2004)

Can you gurus, please advise me when my case gonna get processed in Dallas BEC?

Thanks in advance

GCNoway said:
Yeah, that looks like the case.. I was speaking to my attorney today & found many cases have confirmed approvals but not received yet.

Good Luck guys.. I feel bad for the 2001 PD folks still waiting. Hope you all will get out of this pain soon.

You say your lawyer says s/he found out that there are confirmed approvals but nothing's in hand. How did the lawyer find out that there are confirmed approvals? Email or phone? Could you please give some details?

45 Day Letter

Hello all,

I have not yet received my 45 day letter. My DOL receipt date is June 24, 2003.

What can I do from here to find out what happened ot it?

I guess the answere is your qualification doesn't matter, only the job requirement matters, which is on the ETA 750A box 14. And of course your qualification should be at least as good as the requirement.

To make a clean case of EB2, a job requirement should be better than either of the following cases.
1. MS
2. Bachelor + 5 year
3. MS or (Bachelor + 5year)

for some cases, if on ETA form, the requiremtn is MS or (BS+ 3 year). It falls into grey area. It only shows attorney intends to make an EB3 case, or is incompetent and creating an unnecessary problem.

And a LC qualifies for EB2 can file I140 under both EB2 and EB3 same time. Actually immigration-law.com there is an update yesterday to recommend EB2 qualifier to adopt such strategy to file 2 I140 to deal with the extreme case, which EB2 retrogress even more than EB3

06/17/2005: Visa Number Unavailability or Retrogression and Helpful Information for Survival

Availability of EB-3 and EB-2 Petitions with "Single" Certified EB-2 Labor Certification Application: The State Department has predicted that EB-2 number may also retrogress probably within this calendar year for Chinese and Indians. Depending on the volume of EB-2 filings, the retrogression of EB-2 visa numbers can be very steep. In the early days, there was one time visa number retrogression for Chinese which showed unusual phenomenon: EB-2 number retrogression was much worse than EB-3. As more and more people go for EB-2 now to deal with the current EB-3 situation, we cannot brush aside some possibility of such unusual pattern of change in visa number retrogression or progression between EB-2 and EB-3 for Chinese and Indian in the future. People should learn from the past experience in the immigration history and practice. Under the immigration rule, one can file EB-2 I-140 petition and EB-3 I-140 petition either simulataneously and separately using the same certified EB-2 labor certification application. Since the EB-3 petition threshold requirement is minimum of a bachelor's degree, the holder of an advanced degree is automatically qualified for EB-3 I-140 petition once the EB-2 labor certification has been certified by the DOL. Accordingly, when the visa number retrogressed steep with unpredictability of the patterns of each category of employment-based immigrant petitions, it was almost a standard practice that the employers filed both EB-2 and EB-3 petitions using one certified EB-2 labor certification application, and depending on the specific progression for EB-2 or EB-3 numbers, the employers requested the legacy INS to switch around the underlying I-140 petition for the EB-485 either from EB-2 I-140 petition to EB-3 I-140 petition or vice versa. Filing two petitions will cost only $190 extra filing fee.

puhrince said:
MS or MS+6 months is not sufficient..the position must say that it requires a MS - that itself will get you EB2..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I am OK for now

Dear Regulars of this forum: I appreciate all the endeavor taken by you in advising me in this passive decree of this bad LC game, and I am contented to let all my well wishers know that this diversion has reached its verdict. Today, I had an opportunity to talk unswervingly to my current employer, and he too realized that how important is LC for people like us. As per his assuredness and confidence, I still have the same case number, which has not been adjudicate by certifying officers. I am also pleased in this peaceful resolution taken by him about not selling or profiting my labor by philanthropic way to someone who is even in need. I too believe the straightforwardness and trustiness from him, I will just wait and see if the future looks promising to me. Also as he secured his virtue, he too wishes if I could file in PERM. Looking at this current scenario, since PERM is bad term for many people, I would wait for couple of more months, and see its improvement over the time, to see if I can get it fit, and hope not in getting any denial.

Hi

From your response , I understand that April cases for 2002 are almost done, where do you get this information ?My PD - 05/2003 , CA center,moved to Fed level - 04/2004

Its filed in EB2 RIR category

Can you comment please ?

Thanks
GCcomesoon

puhrince said:

No body is wrong, what i ment was at LC stage certification they dont certify based on Eb2 or Eb3 and they process only on TR or RIR. Secondly having Postgratuation or many years of experience does not automatically justify for EB2 unless pretailored advt and same should be included in form 745 .

Person A has 10yrs Experience and an MS does not automatically be fall in EB2 unless it has be included in ad.

1.if ad says 3yrs experience (does not qualify)
2.if ad says MS with 0 Yrs (Qualify)
3.if ad says MS or in lieu of MS a BS + progressive 5yrs experience (an MS and BS +5yrs both Qualify)

GCcomesoon said:
From your response , I understand that April cases for 2002 are almost done, where do you get this information ?My PD - 05/2003 , CA center,moved to Fed level - 04/2004

Its filed in EB2 RIR category

Can you comment please ?

Thanks
GCcomesoon

What he was referring was about cases at SFO Regional Office where cases having RD April 2002 are being currently processd.
and where as RD May 2002 (RIR) and later cases were transferred to BEC.

filing after labor approval

Hello gp:
as you seem to be relatively more familiar with these filing matters than many of us, I wanted to ask you a question. What are the pros and cons of filing I-140 and I-485 simultaneously or separately. By separately I mean, file I-140 and when it is approved, file I-485.

By the way I am still in the waiting period for my labor which has PD of 8/2002. Any guess when I could expect something?

Thank you VERY much for your time and kind response.

gp111 said:
From you side you will need

For I-485
--------
1. Form G-28. If filing through a lawyer.
2. I-485, Application to Adjust Status, with copy of I-94 and 2 photographs
6. 3 latest Pay Stubs

so far approved cases

I was compiling a list of so far known cases of labor approvals/RFEs (total 21 cases as of today). I am going to share it with everybody...

Based on data from these two forums
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=174065
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149225

Date Posted: 5/6/2005
Page: 2
Posted by: Zany_Brainy
Beneficiary: x
PD: 4/1/2001
Approved: x
Comments:

Date Posted: 5/13/2005
Page: 5
Beneficiary: Tgunukula
PD: 4/2/2002
Comments:

Date Posted: 5/17/2005
Page: 7
Posted by: puhrince
Beneficiary: deead/friend
Approved: 5/12/2005
Comments:

Date Posted: 5/19/2005
Page: 9
Posted by: aarya
Beneficiary: friend
PD: 8/1/2000
Approved: 5/16/2005
Comments:

Page: 9
Posted by: mali03
Beneficiary: Littlerunner1
Comments:

Page: 10
Posted by: labordrags
PD: 3/1/2001
Approved: 5/19/2005
Comments:

Date Posted: 5/20/2005
Page: 11
Beneficiary: johndoe007/collegue
PD: 4/1/2002
Comments: RFE- recent advert

Date Posted: 5/25/2005
Page: 12
Posted by: ram_ram
Beneficiary: M*****forum/Stella
PD: 6/1/2002
Approved: 5/23/2005
Comments:

Date Posted: 5/25/2005
Page: 13
Posted by: antonioa77
Beneficiary: GCNoway
PD: 4/1/2002
Approved: 5/17/2005
Comments:

Date Posted: 5/31/2005
Page: 16
Posted by: F_Gandhi
PD: 5/1/2001
Approved: 4/12/2005
Comments: Letter mailed 5/24

Date Posted: 6/1/2005
Page: 16
Posted by: Chicago-case
Beneficiary: waitingInHope/friend
PD: 7/1/2002
Comments:

Date Posted: 6/7/2005
Page: 17
Posted by: cipher8000
Approved:
Comments:

Date Posted: 6/7/2005
Page: 17
Posted by: buckleup1
Beneficiary: lawyer/client
Approved:
Comments:

Date Posted: 6/8/2005
Page: 18
Posted by: NeelP
Beneficiary: lawyer/clients
PD: 5/1/2002
Approved:
Comments:

Date Posted: 6/9/2005
Page: 18
Posted by: scorp29
Beneficiary: ?
PD: 3/1/2001
Approved: 3/16/2005
Comments: non-rir/245i

Date Posted: 6/10/2005
Page: 19
Posted by: GCNoway
Beneficiary: colleague
PD: 3/1/2002
Approved:
Comments:

Date Posted: 6/11/2005
Page: 19
Posted by: helpwithGC
Beneficiary: helpwithGC
PD: 1/1/2003
Approved: 6/10/2005
Comments: rir

Date Posted: 6/17/2005
Page: 20
Posted by: man1974
Beneficiary: man1974
Approved: 5/17/2005
Comments:

Date Posted: 6/17/2005
Page: 229
Posted by: indian_1974
Beneficiary: indian_1974
Approved: 6/17/2005
Comments: RD= 7/1/2003

Date Posted: 6/19/2005
Page: 21
Posted by: Rohan_M
Beneficiary: Rohan_M
PD: 10/1/2001
Approved: 4/30/2005
Comments:

Date Posted: 6/19/2005
Page: 21
Posted by: whenwilliget
Approved:
Comments:

Hi G2P2

Hey g2,

We do have a Excel Spreadsheet where we do keep track of all our members PD's/RD's/Approvals almost everything.

But anyways, thanks for doing the hardwork.
Thanks,
Kanjoos

g2p2 said:
I was compiling a list of so far known cases of labor approvals/RFEs (total 21 cases as of today). I am going to share it with everybody...

Driving ticket record effect on LC, GC, and Citizenship

Hello,
I am sorry if the question is not directly related to this forum but it is the only place I know some well-informed guys.
Question: What is the effect of regular speeding ticket (not drunk or accident,..) of our history record in getting LC, GC, and in future in citizenship. I heard someone was declined because of some tickets and I would like to get some more info about it.
Thank you,

mnhrdc said:
What he was referring was about cases at SFO Regional Office where cases having RD April 2002 are being currently processd.
and where as RD May 2002 (RIR) and later cases were transferred to BEC.

You mean 2003 right?