Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Guys
helpwithGC got approval for PD Jan '03 and he has also confirmed that its not special handling case ?

It seems that they started processing of RIR cases for year 2003. Hope all of us will get soon..

s_chicago said:
I think nobody has been passed over by the queue as per Icarus. Here is his post.

Do you mean to say that all May/june/july 2002 PD fall in process 2 to 4 as mentioned by Icarus. I dont believe it is very large no.s to get that kind of deniel at one step. I think we are yet to see the real adjudication but we have seen only trickles which might have been used for traning purpose.

my BEC case number

sleepless_in_IN said:
Can you share the first few digits of your case number? It would tell us when your case was entered and how many cases they had entered by then. This is would very helpful as they only send 45 day letters to cases entered "fully".

Here is the format: D-04320-01XXX

If you can give us everything except the last 3 digits that would be cool, you will still maintain anonymity in the hundreds. thanks!

My case number that I received from Dallas BEC is D-05144-37XXX
Letter is dated June 01, 2005
PD May 2004 , RIR, AZ

Last edited by a moderator:
self_file said:
PD May 2004 , RIR, AZ

05144 is May 24, 2005.. & Letter dated June 01, 2005.. looks like BEC has improved atleast in generating 45 day letters.

self_file said:
PD May 2004 , RIR, AZ

so did ur case made to regional? or it was still in SWA level?

yes

antonioa77 said:
so did ur case made to regional? or it was still in SWA level?
My case was received by the Regional office with RD of Aug 2004. Somehow, my case got skipped and I was thinking they would get back to it and work on it later I could see that happening with some other skipped cases. But, to my surprise, I have received the letter from BEC.

There is an other person from my agency whose LC got approved and his RD date was July 2004. Only difference is his job category is a Hydrologist and mine is SW Engg.

can you explain

gp111 said:
05144 is May 24, 2005.. & Letter dated June 01, 2005.. looks like BEC has improved atleast in generating 45 day letters.

can you explain me more about 05144 is May 24, 2005 how did you determine May 24 2005 from 05144 and what does it represent?

No news yet

Folks,
My attorney replied to the 45 day letter on 12/31/2004 and still haven't heard anything after that.

My case details are as follows:

TX TWC RD: 02/12/2003
Transfered to Dallas DOL: 9/8/2003
45 Day letter date : 12/23/2004
Responded to 45 day letter: 12/31/2004
BEC case # : 04258-04xxx
Don't know whatss going on.

lalaker

Last edited by a moderator:
05114 explained

self_file said:
can you explain me more about 05144 is May 24, 2005 how did you determine May 24 2005 from 05144 and what does it represent?

the format is:
<first 2 digits - year's last 2 digits> <next 3 digits - day of the year>
so 05114:
05 is the year it was entered in the system - 2005
114 th day in year 2005 - May 24th

sleepless_in_IN said:
Member 'getinfo' got a temp case # from Dallas BEC T-05117-XXXXX and has yet to get a 45 day letter, which was entered BEFORE 'self_file's" case D-05144-XXXXX. Explain that??

Dallas is either treating Regional cases completely differently from SWA cases when it comes to 45 day letter generation, meaning they are not generating 45 day letters for SWA cases (which contradict's Icarus report that thier are SWA cases in the analysis queue)....OR some of us just have worse luck than others. :confused:

First Thing.. I understand your pain of waiting for 4 years & now waiting for 45-day letter.

Second, I am not a govt. spocksperson OR Dol worker.. Nor I am here to justify DOL actions. My statement was just to say that "IT LOOKS LIKE...blah blah.." I have not claimed anything Nor I need to explain anything behind it.

Dude, Everyone on this forum is waiting ( as a matter of fact I have been waiting for 7 years now) so If you don't like one of the post, just ignore & move on.. Negativity is not the answer for fustration.

Visa number not being available till oct 05 is a good indication for all the NON RIR folks who have been waiting to clear their LC for the past 4 years. Now that even PERM or RIR, MUST stay where they are, as there is no visa for them to apply further. hopefully within 4 months, regaular LC queue get lifted as its totally unfair to NON RIR folks.

Eb3

GP111, other gurus,
I understand the number of annual visas for EB3 category is around 40,000. Given the number of EB3 cases in BPC, I'd like to request you to hazard a guess as to until which PD we can expect to file 485 when the visa numbers are intitialized in Oct 2005. For example, do you think that with a PD in Aug 2002 I'd be able to file 485 in Oct 2005 (subject to LC getting cleared, of course!)?
Thanks.

gp111 said:
No EB-3 visa available for this year anymore.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2539.html

Thats too bad.. now all EB-3 have to wait till OCT 01, 2005 to file I-485.

IndiraGandhi said:
so what? for many folks who applied their LC in NON RIR still have to wait for few months, which is totally unfair in compare to RIR folks. since now getting LC cleared wont qualify for anyone to go faster.

I am little bit confuced with you post.. what do you mean ? Non RIR or RIR has nothing to do with EB-3 quota per year.

Secondly,
Non RIR being slower (in LC stage) then RIR is not unfair, actually RIR & Non RIR takes same amount of time. In RIR you do advertising first (about 6 months) & then apply for LC.. while in TR (non RIR) you apply first & then do the recruitment.

gp111 said:
I am little bit confused with you post.. What do you mean? Non-RIR or RIR has nothing to do with EB-3 quota per year.

Secondly,
Non-RIR being slower (in LC stage) then RIR is not unfair, actually RIR & Non RIR takes same amount of time. In RIR you do advertising first (about 6 months) & then apply for LC.. While in TR (non RIR) you apply first & then do the recruitment.

Let me clear your confusion here. My post indicates for EB3 numbers only.

Once your LC gets cleared you may file 140/485 immediately.

Now that even you are in RIR queue, and your LC gets cleared faster in compare to NON RIR, you still have to wait to file your 140/485.

Now that you have said, people take 6 months for the recruiting; I have seen many people complete their recruiting effort in less than a month, in RIR where there is no instruction from SWA.

All I am saying is, since there is no visa number available, even you are in RIR, and chances of getting cleared your LC faster than NON RIR, you still have to wait to file 140/485 till OCT 05.

sleepless_in_IN said:
It's not about liking or disliking your post...it's about making a statement like "improved" with no basis, and really it doesn't make a difference...I was just curious to know how to figured "improvement" thats all...it's you who is taking it otherwise...so preach to your self about "ignore on move on"...ESPCIALLY when you don't have squat to back up your assertions with even if it's just an opinion....on the other hand if you can explain your "improved" statement I'd to love to hear it. If it's base on one case....don't bother.

I have right to make any statement I want to.. Last time I checked this is still USA. If I feel its improved I will post it... I am not obliged to Back it up .. As I said earlier I am not DOL & I do not owe you anything. Someone does not agree to my statement, its not my problem.

gp111 said:
I have right to make any statement I want to.. Last time I checked this is still USA. If I feel its improved I will post it... I am not obliged to Back it up .. As I said earlier I am not DOL & I do not owe you anything. Someone does not agree to my statement, its not my problem.
I agree what you are saying here. This is still USA. USA makes promises and later lies. First they said there will be strict FIFO, and now its not as you may have also seen it. Sleepless_in_IN is frustrated and if he is frustrated with USA, he should consider moving to either North-canada or South-Mexico for better life. Just my opinion. Since the system doesn't work the way we want, we should consider another alternative. It could be that you guys are here, as the system back home sucks, and now if you think the system in US sucks too, you should read my statement again.

IndiraGandhi said:
I agree what you are saying here. This is still USA. USA makes promises and later lies. First they said there will be strict FIFO, and now its not as you may have also seen it. Sleepless_in_IN is frustrated and if he is frustrated with USA, he should consider moving to either North-canada or South-Mexico for better life. Just my opinion. Since the system doesn't work the way we want, we should consider another alternative. It could be that you guys are here, as the system back home sucks, and now if you think the system in US sucks too, you should read my statement again.

the system works,. It doesn t work the way YOU want that s the whole problem. For those who are tired of complaining and are looking for informations and info only, go there. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BECPHIL/ it s for Philly BEC but the info there is general enough to help some people around this forum also... And it s moderated ! There s no bickering and no complaining.. just info. If yu want to complain, at least know what to complain about.

;(