Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

wichita said:
hello! i've recently discovered this site and i am confused about the importance of the 45 day letter. i filed my LC last august 2004 in kansas SWA. it was transferred to Regional on September 2004. i believe it was then transferred to the Backlog reduction center cuz we received out 45 day letter last march 2005 together with the new case number. i have doubts that it will be process soon and believe it would still take more than a year for approval so in my case....i think the 45 day letter is not important or maybe someone could enlighten me?

Hi,
45 day letter has its own importance, per my understanding following are few points:
1) One of an important step associated with BPC data entry.
2) It states that the case was entered in the new system (the case of the beneficiary was entered in the PBLC system)
3) Once BPC receives positive reply from Employer/Lawyer they update the status of the case and it goes into FIFO for further processing*.
4) Negative reply or no reply at all within 45 days time, means, the case will be closed.

*Depending up on the PD of the case, it will be placed in the Queue for certification.

HTH

HTH

You need to watch out...

It could be a mistake on their part to issue a H1 beyond 6 years...you need to amend that...make sure you have a valid labor pending for atleast 1 year before 5th year ends...that way you can file for extension...at that time..they will correct themselves...you could be illegal beyond 6 year limit even if it is their mistake to give you a visa status for 6 + years without a labor pending situation...

dc_dude said:
Hi All,

I might be posting my question in the wrong forum but if anyone has any info. for me please reply.

My question is how do I know when exactly my 6-year limit of H1-B expires? I came here as a student and got my practical trainee (OPT) visa and finally converted to H1. I rexcently got my H1 extension uptill 2007 but I think that exceeds my 6 year limit.

So who keeps track of this 6 year limit? If anyone knows please let me know.

thanks gp111!!

gp111 said:
Summarizing ICARUS's Insights of This week

thank you VERY much gp111 for the summary!! with all the junk and non-sense being posted lately on the forum, it's difficult and time consuming to navigate through the tread and get to the relevant info. so your summary is indeed very helpul! thanks much!

6-yrs of H1

It might be a mistake on their part, but it is a common one - they approve your H1 apparently beyond 6 years (they have done it to others as well). But it does not really entitle the person H1 status beyond 6 years. It is the beneficiary's (yours!) headache to keep track of the exact date on which his / her first H1 status started and count 6 years from that date. You can find that first H1 start date on your first I-729 letter bottom left portion. Hope it helps.

good luck!

dc_dude said:
Hi All,

I might be posting my question in the wrong forum but if anyone has any info. for me please reply.

My question is how do I know when exactly my 6-year limit of H1-B expires? I came here as a student and got my practical trainee (OPT) visa and finally converted to H1. I rexcently got my H1 extension uptill 2007 but I think that exceeds my 6 year limit.

So who keeps track of this 6 year limit? If anyone knows please let me know.

non RIR,
pd 4/01,
rd 11/04

I think my case is at dallas now, still haven't received 45 day letter. any help is appreciated.

From murthy.com

Sorry to post the entire point in question but it does raise questions..

"Original Priority Date Retained for Re-Filed RIR Conversion Cases In an earlier effort to clear out some backlogs in labor certifications, the DOL previously permitted employers to request traditionally filed, regular labor certifications be converted to reduction in recruitment (RIR) cases. Eligibility for this conversion was limited to cases filed on or before August 3, 2001. These cases were known as RIR "conversion" cases. As relating to PERM, clarification was requested regarding the proper priority dates assigned to these cases if they were to be re-filed under PERM.

The DOL confirmed that, if an employer successfully re-files a case under PERM that had been previously converted to an RIR case under the "old" system, the original case filing date is the priority date. That is, the priority date is the filing date of the original application under the traditional labor certification process, not the date that any later action was taken either to convert the case to RIR or to PERM. For example, if an employer filed a regular, traditional labor certification case on August 1, 2001, and then filed an RIR conversion for that case on December 13, 2001, the priority date is still August 1, 2001 for that case. If the same case is then successfully converted to PERM, the priority date for that case will still remain August 1, 2001."

This clearly implies that re-applying thru PERM is still possible while retaining the old PD. Considering that the queue is at May 2001, this shld be good for the rest of us stuck in 2002 and beyond.

EB3/ RIR/ SFO DOL
PD: Jun 2003
RD: Apr 2004

Icarus said:
As was mentioned before, PD being processed floats back and forth based upon the dates of cases with responses to 45-day letter in the queue. Right now, cases have been drawn from 7/02 with regularity. Obviously, this can regress with additional responses to cases with prior PD. Also, as of 5/20, RIR queue was just over 17K.

My lawyer mentioned yesterday that she has recently received RIR labor approvals for cases with PD of February 2002 and August 2002 :D . So, this basically confirms just about every update Icarus has posted so far in terms of the current PDs being processed and approved at Dallas.

So people like me and ZB and hundreds of others should be looking out for some news from our lawyers/employers very soon :) .

I don't know what we would have done without Icarus' updates.

Good luck to y'all,
Raydhan.

Thats good news. But we need your approval.

Ray,

Thats very good news, I sincerely hope and pray that we hear of your and ZB's case. Because that will really give hard facts. We need approvals of our own folks who are here. I would love to see more green color ("Certified") in our BEC tracker that one of our member maintains for all of us.

Thanks,
KM

RAYDHAN said:
My lawyer mentioned yesterday that she has recently received RIR labor approvals for cases with PD of February 2002 and August 2002 :D . So, this basically confirms just about every update Icarus has posted so far in terms of the current PDs being processed and approved at Dallas.

So people like me and ZB and hundreds of others should be looking out for some news from our lawyers/employers very soon :) .

I don't know what we would have done without Icarus' updates.

Good luck to y'all,
Raydhan.

Kanjoos said:
Ray,

Thats very good news, I sincerely hope and pray that we hear of your and ZB's case. Because that will really give hard facts. We need approvals of our own folks who are here. I would love to see more green color ("Certified") in our BEC tracker that one of our member maintains for all of us.

Thanks,
KM

KM,
I could not agree with you more. I hope and pray that it is only a matter of time before we start seeing some approvals for the folks of this forum. But then I have been hoping and praying for the last 3 years and 4 months :rolleyes: .

We'll see.

Regards,
Raydhan

I dont get it

RAYDHAN said:
KM,
I could not agree with you more. I hope and pray that it is only a matter of time before we start seeing some approvals for the folks of this forum. But then I have been hoping and praying for the last 3 years and 4 months :rolleyes: .

We'll see.

Regards,
Raydhan

How come an August 2002 case got certified skipping over Me, You, Gp111, MnHrdc and many more waiting in May/June

I just dont get it..

ZB

Stupid question on PD/RD

Hello,

I have been a silent reader of the forums for sometime now. And after reading all your intelligent posts, I have a really stupid question to ask, since I keep getting crazy info from my employer. My state labor was filed from CA in Aug02 and was certified in 2003. My federal labor was filed on July 25, 03. In the 45 day letter rec from DOL the date of acceptance for procecessing has been mentioned as Aug08, 02.

With this info what is my PD and what is RD? Also in your opinion how long should I expect to wait for my Labor approval.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Your PD is

amithere_yet said:
Hello,

I have been a silent reader of the forums for sometime now. And after reading all your intelligent posts, I have a really stupid question to ask, since I keep getting crazy info from my employer. My state labor was filed from CA in Aug02 and was certified in 2003. My federal labor was filed on July 25, 03. In the 45 day letter rec from DOL the date of acceptance for procecessing has been mentioned as Aug08, 02.

With this info what is my PD and what is RD? Also in your opinion how long should I expect to wait for my Labor approval.

Your PD is Aug 8 2002
You can expect an approval anytime now, as Raydhan just posted that his attorney has recieved approvals for Aug 2002 cases.

ZB

amithere_yet said:
Hello,

PD = Aug 08, 2002
RD = July 25, 2003

Here are my guesses...
Another 3 to 8 months waiting for Labor approval by BPC (best case scenario).
OR
8 to 12 months waiting for Labor approval by BPC (worst case scenario)

Raydhan

Have you asked your attorney about what is up with your case?

Doesn't it concern her that she is getting an Aug 2002 approval while yours is pending?

ZB

Zany_Brainy said:
How come an August 2002 case got certified skipping over Me, You, Gp111, MnHrdc and many more waiting in May/June

I just dont get it..

ZB

And if it did skip, why didnt it skip to ME ME ME !!!!

( Kidding ) Hoping everyone gets their good news asap

what I could gather from my attorney is All Latest Approvals He & Other Attornies have received with PD of 2002 are special handling cases. Looks like COs approving Special Handling cases as soon as they get it from Contractors.

This is Inline with DOL statement “At this point, all cases identified as special handling will be forwarded to on-site federal staff for processing. As an enhancement to the operating system, we are investigating how these cases can be electronically expedited” (http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/faqsanswers.asp#blcp2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Zany_Brainy said:

I just dont get it..

ZB

This is the country of Dreams , can happen, you never Know.

Atleast i hope Ray is correct on this and i dont want to question him:)

Ray throw some more details untill Icarus comes back

PS: If Ray posts such good news everytime i will buy him a drink if he is in Bay Area :D

If I get my LC approved

mnhrdc said:
This is the country of Dreams , can happen, you never Know.

Atleast i hope Ray is correct on this and i dont want to question him:)

Ray throw some more details untill Icarus comes back

PS: If Ray posts such good news everytime i will buy him a drink if he is in Bay Area :D

This week, I get my LC approved,
I am taking mnhrdc to lunch (I am in the Bay Area), Raydhan, Gp111 and all our contributors (whoever is in the Bay area) are all invited too..

GOD, Make it HAPPEN!!!

:rolleyes:

Rresponse from DLFC

This is the response I received today for a status enquiry to status@dal.dlfc.us .

Dear Requestor,

You have reached the Dallas Backlog Processing Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
Change of attorney(or attorney address changes)
Incorrect case closures
H-1B extensions

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain information.

For frequently asked questions and status inquiry, please visit the following internet website:

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp

To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit the following internet website:

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta...reign/times.asp

To obtain general information regarding PERM System, please visit the following internet websites:

www.plc.doleta.gov/PERM.DFLC@dol.gov

There is no need to submit multiple requests. The next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

Your patience is appreciated.

Dallas Backlog Processing Center

Details:
PD: Oct 2002
Non-RIR
CA SWA
EB2
Never made it to Regional
45 day letter - None