Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

indu116 said:
ETA case num : D-05101-5xx43

antonioa77 said:
thanks for providing the number. an advice, go to the edit icon and put x for the last 3 digits of ur case number. it is not advisable to put the whole number in here.i just asked about the first x not all of them.thanks

Hello,

What is the last 5 digits of this new ETA #? Does that mean that there has been over 50,000 cased entered in 2005? Or it is the number of 45 day letters that has been sent out in 2005? And it is the number for both BPCs or just for Dallas?

If in the first 101 days(3.5 month roughly) they have entered over 50,000 cases in Dallas only, then it is likely that they would be able to enter 150,000 cases ( half of the total 300,000 backloged cased) by the end of the summer (Sept.), given that they have already entered some in 2004.

However, I remember that Icarus has said before in this thread that the BPCs are thinking next spring to be the time when they can complete the data entry. Wondering why?

JustWatching said:
Here are some facts:

1) In the update the DOL gave back on March 3 - 86,000 cases had been entered into the system but only 40,000 letters had been sent out. So at least as of that date letters were NOT going out in 24 hours.

2) Unfortunately, not a lot of people provide their ETA#'s but if you sort the tracker by ETA # and look only at cases entered at the end of March and beyond their seems to start to be some semblance of letters being received soon after data entry. So we could say ICARUS is right as of April 2005 letters are being sent out right after being data entered. This applies to Dallas BPC. I have less data points for Philly BPC but there are definitely more cases in Philly BPC with old data entry dates that have not received 45-day letters.

3) However, there are a few cases with old data entries that have not received 45-day letters. Now this could be attributed to bad addresses, etc. Who knows for sure.

4) "getinfo" case was entered on April 27, 2005. I don't think he has received his letter yet.

justwatching,

with the case of indu116 posted today what do u think is now the total number of cases entered in BEC?his case ETA case num : D-05101-59x4x.can u calrify what mean the last five digits?

My case 09583xxx

antonioa77 said:
justwatching,

with the case of indu116 posted today what do u think is now the total number of cases entered in BEC?his case ETA case num : D-05101-59x4x.can u calrify what mean the last five digits?

Hi everybody,

Here is my ETA # info if "JustWatching" want to add this info to the excel.

PD : Feb 24, 2003 ( applied from CA)
case number: 095839xx
RD in DOL: Jan 20th, 2004
45 day letter recieved on March 21, 2005 and replied the same day
ETA #: D-04310-257xx
dot code is 999.151-032

My current status is "RECIEVED". I am still wating for getting approved, but I have no idea how long do I need to wait more...I am hoping it will happen any time. If anyone knows please reply. Thanks.

-- mk2005

mk2005 said:
Hi everybody,

Here is my ETA # info if "JustWatching" want to add this info to the excel.

PD : Feb 24, 2003 ( applied from CA)
case number: 095839xx
RD in DOL: Jan 20th, 2004
45 day letter recieved on March 21, 2005 and replied the same day
ETA #: D-04310-257xx
dot code is 999.151-032

My current status is "RECIEVED". I am still wating for getting approved, but I have no idea how long do I need to wait more...I am hoping it will happen any time. If anyone knows please reply. Thanks.

-- mk2005

How do you find the current status ?
Email ? Is there a automated phone enquiry number too?

Reply to Sainwa

sainwa said:
How do you find the current status ?
Email ? Is there a automated phone enquiry number too?

I called in 415-975-4617 number with option 1 and again option 1. The system ask you to provide your case number such as 095839xx. After providing your case number it will tell you the current status of the case.

mk2005

can any body clarify case number

any body clarify case number(ie 095839xx.) . Do we get along with 45 days letter. I got only D-xxxxxx-xxxxx number from my employer.

indu116 said:
any body clarify case number(ie 095839xx.) . Do we get along with 45 days letter. I got only D-xxxxxx-xxxxx number from my employer.

Please discard 095839xx (This must have been the SWA case number or maybe the Regional DOL case number).

BPC case number in the format D-xxxxxx-xxxxx overrides the above case number and makes it moot. BPC assigns a brand new case number for all existing Regional DOL and SWA cases.

Please confirm

indu116,
So, your case was RIR and never made to Chicago, right?

Please confirm.

indu116 said:

mk2005 said:
I called in 415-975-4617 number with option 1 and again option 1. The system ask you to provide your case number such as 095839xx. After providing your case number it will tell you the current status of the case.

mk2005

That is SF DOL AVM. Dallas BEC will not update SF AVM.

would like to confirm MI_NonRIR question

i am not sure whether mine gone to fedaral or not because i did'nt get any update from my employer. I use to check AVM, Chicago but my case never entered in database ( not even one case from my company since Apr2004).

gp111 said:
what I could gather from my attorney is All Latest Approvals He & Other Attornies have received with PD of 2002 are special handling cases. Looks like COs approving Special Handling cases as soon as they get it from Contractors.

How come special handling cases stuck in DOL from 2002 ? If I remember right such cases were adjudicated as soon as they were received. The waiting time was less than one month even during the worst time at DOL.

A lot of good things is happening at INS.
The processing times improved considerably, one may change jobs even before his I-140 is approved. The most recent very favorble clarification for MS degree equivalent.
Only we have stuck at this organization where changes are always for worse.
I am in this limbo 5 years soon and do not remember a single good, let alone good , not stupid action attempted by DOL.

I wander when INS will tell "applicants who wait more than 180 days in the DOL line can apply for I-40 and I-485 withot LC approval" :rolleyes:

05/24/2005: First PERM Approvals

* AILA sources confirm that the first PERM approvals were mailed out yesterday from Chicago National Processing Center. The Atlanta National Processing Center also started mailing out the first PERM approval beginning from today. There are at this time two 64 million dollar questions: One is "how many" and the other is "what kind of jobs." Please stay tuned.

SOURCE:
http://www.immigration-law.com

lawyer seen approval on Jun 02

I asked my lawyer if she saw any approval , she told me that there are approval cases on Jun 02.

BTW, I just sent up a site http://www.gcnews.org to collect the latest LC news and share with all of you. You are also welcome to create an account and share your latest news.

welcome to http://www.gcnews.org -- the lastest green card news.

sbdol said:
one may change jobs even before his I-140 is approved.
The most recent very favorble clarification for MS degree equivalent.

Wow, thats great, can you share the source of both of the information please

thanks

verify email information

Could you please let me know if the above information is correct?

How to get my case status?
send a email to BEC with only three lines in the email body...
email address: status@DAL.DFLC.US (for Dallas BEC) -- most of cases got number from this email id only ..
email address: status@phi.DFLC.US (for PHIL BEC) -- some times no response at all
email sub:Case status request
email Body:
Company name : "Your Company"
First Name:"Yr First Name"
Last Name:"Yr Last Name"

Thanks.

Sorry, You have confusion here.

First of all, For Green card, you do not need to work for employer. Green card is for future employment.

Secondly, this rule had always been existing, just that new clarifications have come on it. The employer has the responsibility to respond to any query for the candidate at 140 stage, this is not similiar to 485, which is adjustment of status where you can use AC21. So If you change company, and you get RFE and employer does not respond to the RFE, your GC is screwed.

So, hope I have given clarification enuff, please do not read something and decide in haste and screw your chances. Thats why immigration lawyers exist. I think we all are thinking of outsmarting every one in every proffession.

sbdol said:
The processing times improved considerably, one may change jobs even before his I-140 is approved. The most recent very favorble clarification for MS degree equivalent.
Only we have stuck at this organization where changes are always for worse.
I am in this limbo 5 years soon and do not remember a single good, let alone good , not stupid action attempted by DOL.

I wander when INS will tell "applicants who wait more than 180 days in the DOL line can apply for I-40 and I-485 withot LC approval" :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
reply from BRC !!!!! - this sucks

In response to my email - this is what I got from the BRC. My attorney responded to the 45- day letter in Feb'05, BRC is totally clueless and are probably sending out a cut and paste response, so much for pumping in millions to correct the system....

Dear Requestor,

You have reached the Dallas Backlog Processing Center status inquiry
mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on
Permanent Labor Certifications. All Dallas Processing Center files are
being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

* Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
* Change of attorney(or attorney address changes)
* Incorrect case closures
* H-1B extensions

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain information.

For frequently asked questions and status inquiry, please visit the following internet website:

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp

To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit the following internet website:

www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

To obtain general information regarding PERM System, please visit the following internet websites:

www.plc.doleta.gov/PERM.DFLC@dol.gov

There is no need to submit multiple requests. The next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

Your patience is appreciated.

Dallas Backlog Processing Center

I got the same reply for my status inquiry after returning 45 days letter. May be it is just generic automated reply for all including those received 45 day letter or who never received 45 day letter.
Thanks

I also got the same response for my inquire and, the fact is, I didn't get my 45-day letter, yet.