October 20,000
November 16,000
December 1,000
January 37,800
February 5,200
March 4,000
April (as of April 27) 21,100

Total - as of April 27 is 116,000 cases

Disclaimer: Yes I know if you add up the numbers it doesn't add up to 116,000. I am rounding month by month numbers.

This is for BOTH Backlog Centers. Sorry there is no way to split up entry by Backlog Center.

These are cases entered into the system and not 45-day letter counts.

Looking good. As you may be aware 45-day letters have been pretty much non-existent in May. I thought one reason could be that they were focusing on data entry (I know this flies in the face of what Icarus says, I'm just stating what the tracker tells me and that's it. I won't be arguing with anyone about this topic)

As of May 3 - 128,000 cases had been entered. That means 12,000 cases were entered between April 27 and May 3. This would be on track for end of summer data entry completion...and the letters would come after? Just speculating.

Reading such good news keeps me going through the whole day. I am still waiting for my approval.

PD Feb 2002 CA RIR
RD Jun 2003
45-Day latter: Mar 2005 Dallas BEC
Replied: Mar 2005

Zany_Brainy said:
Have you asked your attorney about what is up with your case?

Doesn't it concern her that she is getting an Aug 2002 approval while yours is pending?

ZB

ZB,
According to my lawyer, it seems that the cases are being analyzed and approved in the order of receipt of the 45-day letters. So, it means that the person whose labor was approved with PD of August 2002 received and responded to the 45-day letter before I did. This is kind of in line with what Icarus said that the PD approval sequence goes back and forth as the responses to the 45-day letters are received.

Hope that helps and makes sense. It doesn't to me :confused: .

Good luck,
Raydhan

Actually it is not in line..

RAYDHAN said:
ZB,
According to my lawyer, it seems that the cases are being analyzed and approved in the order of receipt of the 45-day letters. So, it means that the person whose labor was approved with PD of August 2002 received and responded to the 45-day letter before I did. This is kind of in line with what Icarus said that the PD approval sequence goes back and forth as the responses to the 45-day letters are received.

Hope that helps and makes sense. It doesn't to me :confused: .

Good luck,
Raydhan

With what Icarus said.

See, He says that if a 45 day letter response for an older case comes in...it jumps to the top of the queue.. but this case obviously has a later 45 day letter receipt/return date than cases already in the PBLS.

If it is to be processed by the date of the reciept of the 45 day letter then it is not by PD at all..

What is the date you recieved your 45 day letter? I got it on the 3rd of Jan 2005 and Attorney faxed it back with an 'YES' on the same day..

Can you please also ask your attorney about the date of the 45 day letter for the August and Feb cases she got?

thanks
ZB

FIFO, PD and 45 day letter

Here is my understanding of the FIFO based on various postings and info:

Assume a case with PD 8/18/2002 is on the top of the que and an officer pulls it for processing today morning and assume the next case in the que has 8/19/2002 as the PD. But today afternoon the response to a 45 day letter for a case with PD 2/2/2002 is ENTERED in the system. Then this case with PD2/2/2002 goes to the top of the que and will get pulled by the next officer for processing. So the case with PD 8/19/2002 will get picked only after all earler cases for which response to 45 day letter has been entered in the system, at the time of picking for processing.

So, even though date of return of 45 day letter is important, the key factor is the combination of PD and Data Entry of response to 45 day letter.

Hope I am not confusing every one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct

That seems to be the correct Logic and inline with what ICarus and DOL have been saying time and again.

A "TRUE" FIFO and a Predictable pattern will only be established 45 days after the last 45-day letter has been issued.

But you know what.....You never know !!

GCPD0102 said:
Here is my understanding of the FIFO based on various postings and info:

Assume a case with PD 8/18/2002 is on the top of the que and an officer pulls it for processing today morning and assume the next case in the que has 8/19/2002 as the PD. But today afternoon the response to a 45 day letter for a case with PD 2/2/2002 is entered in the system. Then this case with PD2/2/2002 goes to the top of the que and will get pulled by the next officer for processing. So the case with PD 8/19/2002 will get picked only after all earler cases for which response to 45 day letter has been entered in the system, at the time of picking for processing.

Hope I am not confusing every one.

AZ NON RIR At SFO DOL

Spoke to my attorney and it's not looking good.. my PD is Jan 2003 (AZ) SFO DOL (EB2 NON RIR) receive date is March 2004. She is saying that it could be several months before we even receive the 45 day option letter from BRC.
God help us.. Not sure whether it is in Dallas or Philly.. Any one has any ideas.. Please update

Thanks

sleepless_in_IN said:
JustWatching, do you have any case number after May 3? There are a few people who recieved 45 day letters in May. I am curious to see if they can keep up the 2400 entries per day.

Not yet, as soon as I get one, I will post updates. Unfortunately not everybody posts their new ETA #

Received 45 days letter from Dallas BEC

PD : 09092003
Applied from MI
Dallas BEC ETA case num : D-05101-xxx4x
Recived in May( i am not sure exact date) , replied within couple of days

indu116 said:
Applied from MI
Recived in May( i am not sure exact date) , replied within couple of days

did ur application made it to regional or it was still pending in SWA?what is the X in ur new number?

Recieved 45 days letter from Dallas BEC

Applied from MI in EB3 RIR
Recived in May( i am not sure exact date) , replied within couple of days.

Regarding BEC case number, Can any body explain me meaning of those digits(05 i think letter generated in May , how about remaing digits)

indu116 said:

Regarding BEC case number, Can any body explain me meaning of those digits(05 i think letter generated in May , how about remaing digits)

did ur application made it to regional or it was still pending in SWA? u had Xxx4x what is the big X? in this way, we can track the number of letters issued.

I am not sure whether my labor is gone to chicago or not ( i use to call chicago regional office in sep, nov,dec 2004 ) and i never heard my case( from my company not even one case). So i think my application is with State level

ETA case num : D-05101-5xx43

Am a silent observer of this thread, wanted to share this link, got it from browsing one of the links posted by SJShark (Pg 184 of this forum)

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_5-2-05.pdf

It seems those of us whose cases got remanded back to state are in the worst case scenario as we do not even know which RD to go by. If one of the gurus could shed some light, would be really helpful.

JustWatching, if you want to add my details to the excel sheet that you do such a wonderful job maintaining:

PD: Dec 2001
CA SWA
Originally RIR - Remanded back to SWA Feb 2004 from regional.
45 day letter - None

indu116 said:
ETA case num : D-05101-5xx43
thanks for providing the number. an advice, go to the edit icon and put x for the last 3 digits of ur case number. it is not advisable to put the whole number in here.i just asked about the first x not all of them.thanks

Guys,
We are missing something.. after the BEC gets the response, I think there will be somebody sitting and entering these responses in the system. We do not know how far he/she did that.

Zany_Brainy said:
With what Icarus said.

See, He says that if a 45 day letter response for an older case comes in...it jumps to the top of the queue.. but this case obviously has a later 45 day letter receipt/return date than cases already in the PBLS.

If it is to be processed by the date of the reciept of the 45 day letter then it is not by PD at all..

What is the date you recieved your 45 day letter? I got it on the 3rd of Jan 2005 and Attorney faxed it back with an 'YES' on the same day..

Can you please also ask your attorney about the date of the 45 day letter for the August and Feb cases she got?

thanks
ZB

indu116 said:

05 is the year,
101 is 101st day of 05.
That was the date ur case was entered into the system.
--MC

m_chundi said:
05 is the year,
101 is 101st day of 05.
That was the date ur case was entered into the system.
--MC

Some how I don't agree with you. Becuase I received my 45 day letter back in March 2nd week and it has the same number too..

Mine is "D-05010-XXXXX"

(Sorry Just realised that mine is 10 th day)... Sorry sorry..

Mavip

sleepless_in_IN said:
JustWatching:

Do you know when the case # goes from "T" to "D" -- what that exactly means? :confused:

There seem to be people waiting for months (I saw one example of 2 months on the tracker forum) for the 45 day letter AFTER getting a case number that starts with "D". Where as Icarus reports: "Once data entry is completed on a case, the letter goes out the door within 24 hours".

This does not seem to add up as it would imply that it is taking weeks and could take possibly up to months to COMPLETE data entry on each case. :eek: I am assuming "COMPLETE" includes some sort of initial verification.

Here are some facts:

1) In the update the DOL gave back on March 3 - 86,000 cases had been entered into the system but only 40,000 letters had been sent out. So at least as of that date letters were NOT going out in 24 hours.

2) Unfortunately, not a lot of people provide their ETA#'s but if you sort the tracker by ETA # and look only at cases entered at the end of March and beyond their seems to start to be some semblance of letters being received soon after data entry. So we could say ICARUS is right as of April 2005 letters are being sent out right after being data entered. This applies to Dallas BPC. I have less data points for Philly BPC but there are definitely more cases in Philly BPC with old data entry dates that have not received 45-day letters.

3) However, there are a few cases with old data entries that have not received 45-day letters. Now this could be attributed to bad addresses, etc. Who knows for sure.

4) "getinfo" case was entered on April 27, 2005. I don't think he has received his letter yet.