Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Relevant question for Icarus

Icarus said:
Originally Posted by Zany_Brainy
Icarus,
Please please spare a minute and tell us
1) We got an approval new from user tgunukula PD 04/02
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...44&postcount=50
and an RFE news from another user PD 05/02..
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...4&postcount=100
Does this mean that the Dallas RIR queue has reached May 2002? In a word, yes. Obviously with the exception of the stray case being put in the queue with a prior PD.
2) Can you tell us if the number of CO personnel has increased or not and how many cases they are approving and sending out on an average? The CO's have brought on board additional help in reviewing cases for certification.
3) At what stage is an RFE/NOF being issued ? At the analysis stage or at the CO stage. NOF's are just getting underway. As with the 45-day letters, shortcomings in programming melding PBLS with the letter generation program have held this up. Recent work-arounds have enabled analysts to begin generating NOF's for review. Once a NOF has been confirmed by a CO, it will be sent to the agent/employer for review/remedy.
Thanks in advance for your insights

ZB

Icarus,
A question for you friend..answer if you can.

If someone like Raydhans case does not get an approval notice (PD Feb02) and some in PD Apr 02 gets an approval, does that mean that his case is in an NOF situation? (both have replied to 45 day letter long back)

Similarly,
my PD is May 1 2002. If another guy in May recieves an RFE and I dont hear anything, does that mean that my case is already cleared and in the mail ?

What are your thoughts on this?

Thx
ZB

sleepless_in_IN...pls stop attacking Icarus

sleepless_in_IN said:
I can't believe the DOL made "assumptions", when the data CLEARLY SHOWED several states stuck in 2001 with BOTH RIR and non-RIR cases. FIFO means entering data intelligently by PD - this info. has always been available! Yes it would have been fair if states stuck in 2001 got their 45 day letters BEFORE cases with PDs 2002, 2003 & 2004 get approved.

In the past you at least gave some indication on SWA cases -- what happened? Can't you at least tell us how many cases have been entered since the last time you said like a 1000? Can't you at least tell us roughly which states they are?

sleepless_in_IN,

This is my humble request to you and stop attacking Icarus. I understand your feelings, pain, frustration.

Icarus is not a rule/decision maker. Simply he/she is providing the information about what is going inside Dallas BEC.

Its true that IN cases are old and Dallas started working on regional cases initially which is the decision taken by DOL and not by Icarus.

Take Philly, it is entering the SWA cases with regional but what is the use. It generated 45 day letters for regional 2001 cases only in March 2005 where 2002/2003 cases got 45 day letters in December.

Instead what they could have done is by looking at the processing dates before BECs, they could have taken old SWA cases along with all regional cases (even through some have later priority dates). That said you don't need to enter all cases for making FIFO as you can make out which cases are backlogged most and start processing them.

If your are talking of fairness, what is stopping Philly BEC to process 2000/2001 cases.

can't agree more

If you don't believe Icarus, just pass what he said. If you can't accept what he brought, there's no point to attack him.

Time to time, he brought insightful information. Also please note, this is dynamic or messy world of DOL, everything could change. Either you accept what's happening, waiting and hoping for best, or take more proactive measures, like some folks considering suing DOL. Hereby I just don't see attack the messenger will change anything.

Bottom line is,
1. Dallas is moving.
2. What Icarus said were usually right and proved later. That's why he is so popular here. And he is doing all this without self-interest!

MD2001 said:
sleepless_in_IN,

This is my humble request to you and stop attacking Icarus. I understand your feelings, pain, frustration.

Icarus is not a rule/decision maker. Simply he/she is providing the information about what is going inside Dallas BEC.

Its true that IN cases are old and Dallas started working on regional cases initially which is the decision taken by DOL and not by Icarus.

Take Philly, it is entering the SWA cases with regional but what is the use. It generated 45 day letters for regional 2001 cases only in March 2005 where 2002/2003 cases got 45 day letters in December.

Instead what they could have done is by looking at the processing dates before BECs, they could have taken old SWA cases along with all regional cases (even through some have later priority dates). That said you don't need to enter all cases for making FIFO as you can make out which cases are backlogged most and start processing them.

If your are talking of fairness, what is stopping Philly BEC to process 2000/2001 cases.

Kudos to Icarus for his great service of finding inside information from Dallas BEC. It has been a great help to the LC sufferers community!!!! :)
We are really thankful to him!!! :)

I wish our Philly BEC thread had a similar messenger like Icarus :(

While Dallas BEC is moving forward with certifications, Philly is so focused on data entry and nobody has seen a single approval so far. It is so depressing. :(

Only 3 states affected

sleepless_in_IN said:
I can't believe the DOL made "assumptions", when the data CLEARLY SHOWED several states stuck in 2001 with BOTH RIR and non-RIR cases. FIFO means entering data intelligently by PD - this info. has always been available! Yes it would have been fair if states stuck in 2001 got thier 45 day letters BEFORE cases with PDs 2002, 2003 & 2004 get approved.

In the past you at least gave some indication on SWA cases -- what happened? Can't you at least tell us how many cases have been entered since the last time you said like a 1000? Can't you at least tell us roughly which states they are?

First of all, i can only echo what people previously said -- calm down and dont blame Icarus. The discussion in this group has been extremely peaceful and productive, and I think everybody would agree if we tried to keep it this way. Thanks.

Secondly, if you look at the last posted progress of SWA processing, http://web.archive.org/web/20041124042828/http://ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp, you can see that for the states assigned to Dallas, only 3 SWA's were processing dates before 2003 for RIR (i.e. 2001 or 2002): Arkansas, Indiana, and Washington.

So I think it is a reasonable measure of the Backlog Reduction Center to first focus on Region RIR cases, and then continue with State cases. Furthermore, Icarus already mentioned that there are a couple of hundred of state cases in the queue -- notice that cases only get put in the queue if the response to 45day letters have been received, so there are probably state letters pending now, which means more than a couple of hundred state cases have already been entered.

At the pace things are going right now, we should really not complain, and hope that things continue to move on fast.

Zany_Brainy said:
I cannot believe this. Icarus goes out of his way to provide us information from inside the BEC BLACK HOLE and you guys are sending him insuniating messages like this..

He is reporting what he knows and circumstances are changing daily. I think in place of trying to blame him or pointing a finger we should all be ever grateful that we found a friend like him in the Dallas BEC who provides us with all this insights..

The same thing happens to me, I do all this analysis and I get only insults in return.. grow up boys..

ZB

ZB,

thanks for being so diplomat. nobody asked u before to do ur analysis. everybody can do such analysis and come up with 100 assumptions and 100 results. so pls don't try to be bossy on others. u like my post go ahead and read it, otherwise neglect it.it is a public forum and u can't control people like u want.

about Icarus, i didn't try to say anything wrong about him. i'm just trying to clarify some confusion. he is a nice and helpful person and we all appreciate what he is doin for us. he is our only insider in BEC, so all my appreciation to him. so i don't wana be misunderstood in this regard.

sleepless_in_IN said:
I can't believe the DOL made "assumptions", when the data CLEARLY SHOWED several states stuck in 2001 with BOTH RIR and non-RIR cases. FIFO means entering data intelligently by PD - this info. has always been available! Yes it would have been fair if states stuck in 2001 got thier 45 day letters BEFORE cases with PDs 2002, 2003 & 2004 get approved.

I totally believe the way DOL moves in the world with assumptions.

No one knows the quantity of data being keyed in, and even FIFO means entering it in the way it sounds, we just don’t know out of entered data how many are the fraud one.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=142812

Even the letters are generated – meaning sent out, it’s hard to figure how many are still existent or gone out of business, no address verifications, lost their client, many uncounted assumptions. Point should be noted, if someone has petition lagging from one of the Fortune 500, no matter what PD you are in, since they know that the F500 will definitely pursue the case, and its wise to send out 45 days acknowledgement letter without any doubt. This MAY be the primary reason as one might see the letters being jaded out for them. It will be now interesting to see if any 04’ PD gets approved, surely one can take hint that DOL can be sued.

Instead of asking a person about the insight processing, under his limitless, we could only satisfy on received info. This could be one of the snug states where employees may be barred from batting the tongue out. At this time we should all settled our queries to limit, if he/she likes to flood you out with info, I am sure he will do it later.

Zany_Brainy said:
All remanded to state cases are treated as SWA cases as they need to be processed by the State again.. so they will be in the SWA queue, painful but true..

Someone must have misinformed you, or it’s once again your GUESSing habit, that I hate to agree with your above statement as I find it totally fictitious. After the establishment of BPC or BRC or BEC, there is no such thing as it used to be state and regional processing. BPC is the only one pole that strikes with all the pending labor. NO SWA QUEUE. I don’t know what is painful, and what is true now.

Wtf

I thought most of us are from india. Are you all so used to a Perfect goverment? Is this the first time you are ever getting disappointed with a government process?

Icarus is providing what he knows/ feels . You have the right to disbelief. But i cannot see any obligations in this user forum

What has effectively changed since you guys started following the forum. You can get hope or you can lose hope. At the end, you just feel the same as if you had not known a bit.

you will see the 45 day letter when the dol sends it. That is the bottom line.

This note is people who are rather rude and lack the basic courtesy. kindly follow the ethics. members of this forum are no obligated to anyone.

Why my case number (from Dallas) starts with T, not D?

My case:
CA SWA PD: 11/2001
DOL RD: 10/2002
Manually-remanded back to CA SWA as Non-RIR: 8/2003

No news till two days ago that I received a response from status@DAL.DFLC.US:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: T-0XXXX-XXXXX <==== why this case number starts with "T", no "D" as shown in other cases???

It is a temporary number

itworks said:
My case:
CA SWA PD: 11/2001
DOL RD: 10/2002
Manually-remanded back to CA SWA as Non-RIR: 8/2003

No news till two days ago that I received a response from status@DAL.DFLC.US:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: T-0XXXX-XXXXX <==== why this case number starts with "T", no "D" as shown in other cases???

Your case has not been entered in PBLS (completely). A Temporary number is generated as soon as the case is recieved and the envelope is opened. It takes days for many cases to be completely entered. In that stage a temporary id starting with T is used to track these cases.

Also in reply to IndiraGandhis comments,
This is not a guess, the truth is all remand to state cases are being treated as SWA cases (example is 'itworks', look at his PD) and thus will be treated in the two stage processing system that the BECs have established for SWA cases. All SWA cases will be processed in accrodance to the laws and employment requirements of that state first and when cleared from there, it will processed against regional standards.. This is the reason RIR SWA cases are expected to take around double the time for a regional RIR case.

Icarus can confirm this, if you think its my guess..

Thanks
ZB

Icarus said:
1. SWA cases responding to 45-day letter that have made it to analysis queue currently number in the low hundreds. 2. Once data entry is completed on a SWA case, the letter goes out the door within 24 hours just like regional cases. 3. No magic number, they're generated and sent as they are entered 4. Same deal, as cases are put into the queue, they are analyzed in FIFO order. 5. Numbers between Philly and Dallas are relative and are a result of different management teams at each location. Although both are technically the same company, they are not carbon copies of each other. While Philly may be ahead in data entry, Dallas is currently ahead in actual certifications.

Icarus,

As you stated, "2. Once data entry is completed on a SWA case, the letter goes out the door within 24 hours just like regional cases.". How long does it take DOL to enter a case? I received a temporary case # at the beinging of May. I just wonder MAYBE when I could expect the 45-day letter? I believe there are some others have the same question.

Thanks!

mvinays said:
Kudos to Icarus for his great service of finding inside information from Dallas BEC. It has been a great help to the LC sufferers community!!!! :)
We are really thankful to him!!! :)

I wish our Philly BEC thread had a similar messenger like Icarus :(

While Dallas BEC is moving forward with certifications, Philly is so focused on data entry and nobody has seen a single approval so far. It is so depressing. :(

I too wish that we had more transparency into Philly BEC. I have asked ICARUS if he could share some insight into Philly as well, if he can obtain info on it, but he has not answered the Qs. Perhaps he cannot genuinely get any info on Philly. Wish he could! Don't know when Philly shall start processing...the non-special cases...

Last edited by a moderator:
right,
I understand his frustration, and ur frustration, but I am not going to blame ICRAUS for it, it's not his fault that things are so messed up. And let's not compare who is more furstrated or who has more problems. We all do.

How does it help to yell about it, u can't force it, if it is going to take time, it is going to take time. At least we have some way of knowing what is going on inside.

In sleepy's words:
You don't need any analysis or a insider report to figure that out, the tracker is enough!!!

I didn't ask sleepy to not visit this forum, he is the one who said this is useless, he can get all the info he wants from other forums, I am just restating his words. I have full respect for everyone's rights, but don't start blaming other people for these delays. I am just as eagerly waiting for some news.
I know he also reads every bit of info that anyone posts, I really appreciate his contribution, but do not be critical of others if things are not going the way u want them to.

Anyway, let's not fight over it anymore, I really hope things work out for all of us, hang in there,
Dgb

Misunderstood. Calm down.

In what way has anything changed since we guys started discussing about the unfairness in the whole process. There can be no legal action against the government.

Has anyone received LC approval because they pursued force or pleaded sympathy. Nothing is going to change with your frustration.

There has not been a single ground on which we can get DOL to pay for the delay in the approval.

in you interest, you can visit this forum once a month.

Hi All,

I might be posting my question in the wrong forum but if anyone has any info. for me please reply.

My question is how do I know when exactly my 6-year limit of H1-B expires? I came here as a student and got my practical trainee (OPT) visa and finally converted to H1. I rexcently got my H1 extension uptill 2007 but I think that exceeds my 6 year limit.

So who keeps track of this 6 year limit? If anyone knows please let me know.

ICARUS Updates - May 21st 2005

Summarizing ICARUS's Insights of This week

1 .PD being processed floats back and forth based upon the dates of cases with responses to 45-day letter in the queue. Right now, cases have been drawn from 7/02 with regularity. Obviously, this can regress with additional responses to cases with prior PD. Also, as of 5/20, RIR queue was just over 17K
(POST1)

2. the email address status@dal.dflc.us is bona fide. The Dallas BEC contractor is the recipient of the emails to this address, although responses are pretty much limited to confirmation of case receipt. Unfortunately, due to the traffic received, they've begun limiting responses to inquiries only on cases actually being worked by the Dallas office. Am unaware of a similar site for Philly
(POST2)

3. Incidents such as these are dwindling off as processing moves forward. If a case is closed due to "lack of response" a letter is automatically generated notifying the agent/employer of case closure. If it can be shown that this was in error (never receiving letters, able to provide proof of delivery, etc.) The case is re-entered, maintaining PD, and a new case number is assigned with notifying letters sent advising of the new case number. Once the response is received to the 45-day letter, the case will be placed into the queue by PD, despite the delay
(POST3)

4. still processing both. RIR queue is now over 17,000 waiting analysis, while TR is only about 1500.
(POST4)

5. As for approvals, don't have access to that data, but FIFO is followed at this point as well. When the CO is reviewing cases for certification, they pull from a computer maintained queue similar to RIR and TR. This date will float as well, depending on PD's approved for final review by RIR/TR analysts in the interim since the last case pulled by the CO.
(POST5)

6.Does this mean that the Dallas RIR queue has reached May 2002? In a word, yes. Obviously with the exception of the stray case being put in the queue with a prior PD.
Can you tell us if the number of CO personnel has increased or not and how many cases they are approving and sending out on an average? The CO's have brought on board additional help in reviewing cases for certification.
At what stage is an RFE/NOF being issued ? At the analysis stage or at the CO stage. NOF's are just getting underway. As with the 45-day letters, shortcomings in programming melding PBLS with the letter generation program have held this up. Recent work-arounds have enabled analysts to begin generating NOF's for review. Once a NOF has been confirmed by a CO, it will be sent to the agent/employer for review/remedy.
(POST6)

7. SWA cases responding to 45-day letter that have made it to analysis queue currently number in the low hundreds. Once data entry is completed on a SWA case, the letter goes out the door within 24 hours just like regional cases. No magic number, they're generated and sent as they are entered Same deal, as cases are put into the queue, they are analyzed in FIFO order. Numbers between Philly and Dallas are relative and are a result of different management teams at each location. Although both are technically the same company, they are not carbon copies of each other. While Philly may be ahead in data entry, Dallas is currently ahead in actual certifications
(POST7)

8. Yes, all cases transferred to BEC received a 45-day letter once Data Entry is complete
(POST8)

9. Revising the clear rate down to an average of 4/day (currently) would bring the total down closer to the actual figure of around 1600 cases.
(POST9)

10.Regional cases were given priority at DOL's direction, as it was assumed that these had been in the system longer, more processing had been accomplished on these cases and they would be cleared more quickly. To meet your criteria for FIFO, all cases (both regional and SWA) would have had to be entered simultaneously if not instantaneously(unlikely).Or, worse, as it had been feared, all case processing would have been put on hold until ALL data entry had been completed(fair?)
(POST10)

newbie here

hello! i've recently discovered this site and i am confused about the importance of the 45 day letter. i filed my LC last august 2004 in kansas SWA. it was transferred to Regional on September 2004. i believe it was then transferred to the Backlog reduction center cuz we received out 45 day letter last march 2005 together with the new case number. i have doubts that it will be process soon and believe it would still take more than a year for approval so in my case....i think the 45 day letter is not important or maybe someone could enlighten me?