Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hi Littlerunner1
Congratulations.
You said NON RIR. is that correct? When did you give the advertisements for your labor?

Can you give the more details?

Thank you.
My PD is APR2002/NONRIR/CA

asnmurty said:
Hi Littlerunner1
Congratulations.
You said NON RIR. is that correct? When did you give the advertisements for your labor?

Can you give the more details?

Thank you.
My PD is APR2002/NONRIR/CA

Hey Dude,

Seems like ures is NON RIR too. Have you done any advertisements or not yet? Did you talk to your lawyer, if the ad is needed or no? One of my friend got his NON RIR approved, not sure when he did his advertisement. Details are little, and I am worried when I can get the full info.

Is this an State level case

labordrags said:
Hey Dude,

Seems like ures is NON RIR too. Have you done any advertisements or not yet? Did you talk to your lawyer, if the ad is needed or no? One of my friend got his NON RIR approved, not sure when he did his advertisement. Details are little, and I am worried when I can get the full info.

Can you please check wether his case was Regional or state level case

thanks
ZB

Zany_Brainy said:
Can you please check wether his case was Regional or state level case

thanks
ZB

Hello, ZB. I am not too sure if its regional or state one. But I think its state level case. I don't know when he did the advertisement. Even we work for the same company, our location is totally different. The only way we talk is thru email.

Thank You.

Here's some of the information I know that may help y'all out. I work in Louisiana, my lawyer is also in Louisiana. The position was advertised in August 2003, 25 people applied, only one met the requirements but was disqualified due to a bad reference from a former employer. It went to Dallas regional, case got looked at, but did not get rubber stamped through due to the amount of applicants. 45 day letter was received and replied to in January. Filed as NON-RIR EB3

Hope this helps,

From the approvals, It looks like Dallas BEC has currently moved to NON-RIR cases. Will it process NON-RIR cases for a while to get that queue(which is at Apr 2001) in sync with RIR date(May/June 2002)? Should watch the trend..DOL is unpredictable..:)

Littlerunner1 said:
Here's some of the information I know that may help y'all out. I work in Louisiana, my lawyer is also in Louisiana. The position was advertised in August 2003, 25 people applied, only one met the requirements but was disqualified due to a bad reference from a former employer. It went to Dallas regional, case got looked at, but did not get rubber stamped through due to the amount of applicants. 45 day letter was received and replied to in January. Filed as NON-RIR EB3

Hope this helps,

Could you please explain what is "bad reference froma former employeer" means if i have an issue with my former, will it effect my LC?

Thank You

pvr2pvr said:
Could you please explain what is "bad reference froma former employeer" means if i have an issue with my former, will it effect my LC?

Thank You

I would not worry about it. DOL will never call ur previous employers. In his case, they just used the previous employer's bad comments as an 'excuse' to reject the application...otherwise his would have been rejected! :) You have to prove that YOU are the best person for the job..not someone else. just my .02

pvr2pvr said:

Thank You

Not your LC, but any American applying for the job. One of the ways to disclude an applicant is if they get a bad reference. This is extremely rare, but can happen

DOL Updates - 05/19/05

A full time contract person has been advised to work on initial data entry when BRC receives a change of address for attorneys or employers on a case. DOL is currently working hard to get cases entered. The Backlog Reduction Center will have a full time contract person assigned to work on initial data entry to check if a file has been received and is in the system. This person will also answer congressional inquires.

The 45-day letters may not be issued on a FIFO (First In First Out) basis and once returned, FIFO will control processing of an application

The idea behind the 45-day letter was to remove cases that will no longer be processed. During the beginning of the PERM program the goal of DOL was to get all the cases into DOL possession and out of the SWAs fast in order to make sure safeguarding of files. In connection with the 3/27/05 pre-PERM filing deadline SWAs received a large number of filings and they are still in the process of forwarding those cases to the BRCs. Despite DOL's detailed instructions to the SWAs, most of the cases where not boxed and sent to the BRCs in the exact chronological order that was requested. Moreover not all correspondence filing was up to date in the SWA files. DOL is working hard to match up correspondence, loose papers and G-28s with the proper files and to electronically update addresses. Cases that are closed in error can be re-opened.

If a case is closed and a response to the 45-day letter is sent to the BRC it is considered an error
If a case is closed and a response to the 45-day letter is sent to the BRC it is considered an error. Before DOL had their system set up to handle the return correspondence the some of the 45-day letters were sent out.

Additional staff is processing backlog cases

Backlog cases are being processed by additional staff. Most of the backlog centers earlier did not have enough certifying stamping machines hence had to purchase them. Cases are coming into the backlog centers from the SWAs from last minute 03-27-2005 deadline filings. Additional staff has been added to support the Center Directors and Certifying Officers in Philadelphia and Dallas. Philadelphia is ahead of Dallas on getting cases into the system, but Dallas is getting certifications out a bit faster.

The most common problem for denials has been the incorrect count of 30 days.

The most common problem for denials has been the incorrect count of 30 days. DOL will start issuing letters giving the reasons for denials. Denials are also regular for employers using P.O. Boxes. Every document should have a street address, including the prevailing wage determination, etc. DOL is also concerned about multiple applications. DOL advises to check the user guide with regard to saving drafts and retrieving them. Some of the users are saving multiple copies by hitting the "save" button causing panic as DOL has to delete some of the multiple copies. On the other hand employers must set up the accounts for security, liability and exposure. The employer will get a password and can then set up sub-accounts for attorneys. DOL will track the source/footprint. IP addresses are tracked. A temporary draft that has been typed and saved in the DOL system has a case number assigned with a "T" in front of it. If the case number has a T, it has NOT been submitted and has not been denied. On the case status screen, it will show as "incomplete", but it has not been submitted. Once submitted, case numbers with an A are Atlanta cases and those with C are Chicago cases. T denotes a temporary draft.

Job Order requirements

As the job orders give rise to numerous matches the employer is only required to contact individuals who submit resumes directly to the employer.

Status of current PERM filings

Approximately 1000+ applications saved and incomplete in the system, not yet submitted. Approximately 700 applications have been processed. 7000+ employers are registered. Approximately 100 Re-files have been submitted to retain an earlier Priority Date. At present the drop out rate at BRCs is still very low.

Click here for the Article

what does it mean to say they have processed

700 casess processed == 700 approved/denied or == 700 denied ??

please explain what does that mean?

gp111 said:
Status of current PERM filings

Approximately 1000+ applications saved and incomplete in the system, not yet submitted. Approximately 700 applications have been processed. 7000+ employers are registered. Approximately 100 Re-files have been submitted to retain an earlier Priority Date. At present the drop out rate at BRCs is still very low.

Click here for the Article

rest_2004_free said:
700 casess processed == 700 approved/denied or == 700 denied ??

please explain what does that mean?

I believe it means, As of today 700 PERM applications ware completed & filed thru Online System, & under process as of now. Those might be waiting for supporting documents, sending out approval/rejection etc.

For Icarus

ICARUS,
When you visit this forum in the next day or two, can you please enlighten us on the following concerns?

1) What priority dates are being "analyzed" :) currently for RIR cases and non-RIR cases at Dallas?
2) Any idea what dates are being "approved" :D by the COs currently? We are getting some irregular reports of RIR cases with PDs of April 2002 being approved, where as RIR cases like mine (PD of Jan 2002) and others before me have not yet received any approvals. Is that possible? If yes, how?

I hope you could imagine how much we appreciate your updates.

Regards,
Raydhan

For Icarus

RAYDHAN said:
ICARUS,
When you visit this forum in the next day or two, can you please enlighten us on the following concerns?

1) What priority dates are being "analyzed" :) currently for RIR cases and non-RIR cases at Dallas?
2) Any idea what dates are being "approved" :D by the COs currently? We are getting some irregular reports of RIR cases with PDs of April 2002 being approved, where as RIR cases like mine (PD of Jan 2002) and others before me have not yet received any approvals. Is that possible? If yes, how?

I hope you could imagine how much we appreciate your updates.

Regards,
Raydhan

Icarus,
Please please spare a minute and tell us
1) We got an approval new from user tgunukula PD 04/02
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1147244&postcount=50
and an RFE news from another user PD 05/02..
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1150274&postcount=100
Does this mean that the Dallas RIR queue has reached May 2002?

2) Can you tell us if the number of CO personnel has increased or not and how many cases they are approving and sending out on an average?

3) At what stage is an RFE/NOF being issued ? At the analysis stage or at the CO stage.

Thanks in advance for your insights

ZB

Last edited by a moderator:
45-days letter

Hi, My PD is April, 2004 from Texas. Is there any way (website, phone, email) to find out if they have sent my 45-day letter? The reason I'm asking this is neither my employer nor lawyer are responding to me.

It would really help if some one can get back to me.

Thanks,
Visa Raider

45 dys letter

visa_raider said:
Hi, My PD is April, 2004 from Texas. Is there any way (website, phone, email) to find out if they have sent my 45-day letter? The reason I'm asking this is neither my employer nor lawyer are responding to me.

Thanks,
Visa Raider
I don't think they are sending out 45 dys letter to recent cases such as yours 2004 , those letter are for older cases that were sitting at DOL collecting dust , but if they will be sending letters for 2004 they probably quite not there yet on 2004 cases .

Ash

I dont think there is any pattern for 45 day letters. I have priority date in Jan,2004 and I got my 45 day letter 2 weeks back but a lot of employees in my company with priority dates even in May,04 got 45 letters last month itself.

Right and wrong!

cooldesi said:
I dont think there is any pattern for 45 day letters. I have priority date in Jan,2004 and I got my 45 day letter 2 weeks back but a lot of employees in my company with priority dates even in May,04 got 45 letters last month itself.

Visa Raider said:

Thanks,
Visa Raider.

Visa Raider,
Currently the data entry is being done for all cases that made it to REGIONALS.
If your case went to Reginoa (i.e. if you got a RD date) then there are chances that you might get your letter pretty soon. Those cases which never made it to Regional, in other words,which stayed at SESA/SWA, will get the letters little later (may be in Aug-Sept ! ). Eventually, every case will be entered in PLBC and everybody will get 45 day letter (love letter!).

CoolDesi, Yours and your collegue's cases must have made it to regional before BEC/BPC happened, hence you all got the letters.

Whyallthis said:
Hey Icarus

Thanks for your feedback. I had asked you few question I am asking again.
As you mentioned before that now que has reached year 2002. Kindly let us know around which month it has reached. My PD is OCT 2003, have you seen anytime que jumping in year 2003 as you used to see it jumping in year 2002 while it was in 2001.
If you have seen has it reached anywhere near my PD.
I have replied to 45 day letter longtime back in January. My lawyer is trying to contact by phone but unable to do so.
I cann't understand what to do? Kindly provide your insight.
As was mentioned before, PD being processed floats back and forth based upon the dates of cases with responses to 45-day letter in the queue. Right now, cases have been drawn from 7/02 with regularity. Obviously, this can regress with additional responses to cases with prior PD. Also, as of 5/20, RIR queue was just over 17K.

Whyallthis said:
Sorry for using this thread but need help from you guys.
Hi
After my request one nice person gave me this email address status@dal.dflc.us
to contact Dallas BEC, but unfortunately my lawyer is saying he cann't see this email address at DOL site or any official site. So he says we should not send our information till we are sure about this email address.
So can you guys tell me , How we got this email address or is it there on DOL website? I looked but I couldn't see it. Reply soon.
Sorry again to use this thread for my work.
the email address is bona fide. The Dallas BEC contractor is the recipient of the emails to this address, although responses are pretty much limited to confirmation of case receipt. Unfortunately, due to the traffic received, they've begun limiting responses to inquiries only on cases actually being worked by the Dallas office. Am unaware of a similar site for Philly.