Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Zany_Brainy said:
my lawyer informed me today that they got an approval for a CA non-RIR case filed in April 2001(PD).

BUT WHAT ABOUT RIR :confused: :confused:

thx
look at ur own post,they r processing CA cases,r u worried about CA RIR cases not being processed?

gogia said:
fastergcwanted....
Where does this news clip say "Regardless of Regional or SWA cases" ?
that makes a huge difference to everybody here, much more than "Regardless of RIR or Regular"....

There has not been any word on that yet one way or the other. My point is that unlike the speculation in this forum, DOL has always maintained it's position about processing cases by FIFO using PD. And unless we see something otherwise, we should believe there will be a single queue for regional and SWA cases based on PD once data entry is done.

I think the reason people speculate regional cases being processed first is that "those cases have passed state stage and require less work" But, we should not forget that DOL's intention is single stage processing by combining state and federal stages, which naturally leads to training all of their analysts on both the stages. And we should probably believe DOL's intention of FIFO by PD rather than believing queue structure which is not in line with what they are saying.

Prevailing wage challenge

Hello gurus:
My PD is Nov 2002, RIR case from TX. In May 2003, got a prevailing wage challenge letter from TWFC. Eventually, they had misinterpreted my job description, based on the tilte. My employer and lawyer wrote a letter explaining my job description, with a private wage survaey result (which was well within my wage). TWFC then sent my case to Dallas regional office 0n Dec 18, 2003, with prevailing wage challenge. I received my 45-day letter from Dallas BEC on Dec 28, 2004 (ETA #D-04289-08829).
My questions is:
Anyone knows what is the status on cases with prevailing wage challenge? When should I expect my LC?

GCSyndrome said:
CA regular cases with PD of Apr 2001 are processed in SFO DOL, not BEC, right?

WHY ?

SFO DOL is only processing

RIR Received before : May-2003
Non RIR Received before : Oct-2003

All other DOL & All SWA cases have already been shipped out to BEC. (50% Regional went to Philly & other 50% to Dallas, All CA SWA cases went to Dallas BEC)

Mine is dated Mar 11 also. I received it on Mar 17

wi_lca said:
Hi,

I received the BEC letter dated March 11th and have to reply back by April 25th. I was wondering when did everyone else with letters dated around same date, recieved their letters? I had a little issue with the address change with employer plus my employer also held on to the letter for sometime. Anyway, I am curious, when did others with letters dated on or around March 11 recieve their letters.

Anxious to know.!!!

LC approval

a friend of mine received his lc approval recently from dallas BEC.he never got a 45 day letter,but a direct approval.his details,pd mar 2003,RIR, state CA.

bavani said:
a friend of mine received his lc approval recently from dallas BEC.he never got a 45 day letter,but a direct approval.his details,pd mar 2003,RIR, state CA.

Dude.. Can you check the PD again..

Either, THE RD (not PD) should be MARCH-2003 & he should have got his LC approved from SF DOL (As there is no 45 day letter)..

OR, If his PD is MAR-03..He must be a Professor / Teacher / Research ... In this case He gets advantage of SPECIAL HANDLING.

PLEASE PROVIDE FURTHER INFORMATION IF POSSIBLE.

If you are kidding around ( I hope you are not) Please Dont do that.

gp111 said:
Dude.. Can you check the PD again..

Either, THE RD (not PD) should be MARCH-2003 & he should have got his LC approved from SF DOL (As there is no 45 day letter)..

OR, If his PD is MAR-03..He must be a Professor / Teacher / Research ... In this case He gets advantage of SPECIAL HANDLING.

PLEASE PROVIDE FURTHER INFORMATION IF POSSIBLE.

If you are kidding around ( I hope you are not) Please Dont do that.

He is a software programmer working in CA...Nothing special like professor / Teacher / Research. I know he filed his labor in March 2003..btw my own PD is in 2002.it is true...

bavani said:
He is a software programmer working in CA...Nothing special like professor / Teacher / Research. I know he filed his labor in March 2003..btw my own PD is in 2002.it is true...

Then its a KBOOOOM News..

There is about 30000 RIR cases waiting before him & he got the approval.. Tell him to buy a Lotto !

bavani said:

Those who did not get 45 day letter and were Sooooo depressed can now feel good that they can get processed without getting one...

Now I'll be waiting for my Approval and can be hopeful until the (now dreaded) 45 day letter comes !

PD 12/2003 NE SESA
RD 12/2003 Chicago DOL
Dallas BEC

Last edited by a moderator:
45 Day letter not received

Hi,

My case under RIR has a Pd of 02/03/2004 from CA State (SFO) labor office. My Attorney has indicated to me that my case was transferred to BRC center at Dallas. I have still not received the 45 day letter. How can I find out if the file has been received by BRC ? Any one in a similar situation please respond.
Thanks

Please let know.

Thanks
========================
Pd of 02/03/2004 from CA State (SFO) labor office

I am betting

gp111 said:
Then its a KBOOOOM News..

There is about 30000 RIR cases waiting before him & he got the approval.. Tell him to buy a Lotto !

That he got a 45 day letter not approval.

Since this guy is totally lost about the process, he thought he got LC approval.

Can you please confirm that it is a 45 day letter and not approval that he got

thx :p

Mr. Icarus..Icarus

ICARUS

As you said RIR queue is in end of Apr 2001 and we saw some approvals for May 2001 RIR Cases. You are really great and valuable for many many in this forum.
I owe you a lunch...May be a big dinner.......

Answer me this...

Looks like all approvals are confirming that they are processing only Texas cases and no other state cases. :mad:

Is BEC approving only local labor cases.

I ran across the nation and called many lawyers and found many RIR approvals which is really good but disappointed when i heard all labors are filed in Texas.

Is murthy.com news true?. Looks like retrogression is waiting to show face in Oct 2005 badly for EB-2. Who knows it may retrogress beyond 2001..2002...

Based on your info we can predict wether some guys over here can beat the retrogression.

Looks like whoever gets approval before Oct 2005 are very very lucky.....

Thanks
Shaaka

Last edited by a moderator:
shaaka said:
As you said queue is in end of Apr 2001 and we saw some approvals in May 2001. You are really great and valuable for many many in this forum).

Answer me this...

Looks like all approvals are confirming that they are processing only Texas cases and no other state cases.

I ran across the nation and called many lawyers and found many RIR approvals which is really good but disappointed when i heard all labors are filed in Texas.

Is murthy.com news true?. Looks like retrogression is waiting to show face in Oct 2005 badly for EB-2. Who knows it may retrogress beyond 2001..2002...

Based on your info we can predict wether some guys over here can beat the retrogression.

Thanks
Shaaka

EB-2 PD will not retrogress beyond 2002.. The reson is, EB-2 is current now & MOST EB-2 LC will be approved over the next year (PERM OR BEC) will be either 2005 (PERM) or 2002 & 2003 (BEC)... There are not chances of having that many EB-2 LCs in BECs with PD of 2001.. Mostly it will retrogress to 2003.

No retrogression!

Most probably there will be no retrogression, according to this news.

3. EB-3 Relief: By unanimous consent, the Senate also passed a measure sponsored by Senators Schumer (D-NY), Hutchison (R-TX) and Kennedy (D-MA) that would recapture EB -3 numbers lost from FY 2001-2004 due to processing delays. 50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations.

Both the H-2B relief bill and the EB-3 relief provisions will now be included in the Senate version of the supplemental appropriations bill. However, since neither of these measures was included in the House-passed supplemental, they will be discussed when House and Senate conferees meet to resolve differences between the two bills. In both cases, AILA will urge the House to recede to the Senate on both the H-2B bill and EB-3 relief.

Refer to http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=10,911,6717,9243 for more information.

gp111 said:
EB-2 PD will not retrogress beyond 2002.. The reson is, EB-2 is current now & MOST EB-2 LC will be approved over the next year (PERM OR BEC) will be either 2005 (PERM) or 2002 & 2003 (BEC)... There are not chances of having that many EB-2 LCs in BECs with PD of 2001.. Mostly it will retrogress to 2003.

shaaka said:
ICARUS

As you said RIR queue is in end of Apr 2001 and we saw some approvals for May 2001 RIR Cases. You are really great and valuable for many many in this forum.

Answer me this...

Looks like all approvals are confirming that they are processing only Texas cases and no other state cases. :mad:

Thanks
Shaaka

What date of RIR approvals you are saying when you mentioned all the RIR cases filed in DALLAS getting approved?

As many of us know, there were SIX states that Dallas Region was handing when you filed your Labor, and the states were Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas(itself) commony known as Texas Workforce Commission(TWC).

I could not get the archive from USCIS website, but from Immigration.com portal, looking at Dec 04 archive, Dallas Region doesn't have any RIR cases pending before APRIL 01. So, there is nothing left at DALLAS region to process the April 2001 case if its RIR. All the RIR queue been cleared. Only one thing left in DALLAS was the NON RIR queue at SWA.
http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/swadec04.html

gp111 said:

Yes that is just one sample (retrogression) i said...Like that there are many many factors PERM etc., Sooner the better especially this GC process.....

experts - need your inputs on this FIFO BS!

If the BECs are going to process non-rir and rir cases in the same FIFO-Q, can someone explain what happens with non-rir cases pending at the SWAs which have NOT received any advertising instructions as yet???

Does this mean that until a Non-rir case, say recived in Jun 2002, goes thru' the advertising cycle, processing responses received etc etc. an RIR case with the same PD will be pending???? so the FIFO rule will hold good?

this makes no sense to me!

Or do you think, the BECs are goign to waive the advertising process for NOn-rir cases altogether... just wishful thinking!!! :p

MUD
PD: Jan 2003, Non-RIR
SWA - CT
no signs of any 45 day letter as yet! :mad: