Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

The Database only had DOL cases

fastergcwanted said:
Although Zany's analysis is useful and we should thank him for that, I am not sure if it really reflects all cases like ones transferred from SWA. I think the database posted at flcdatacenter only had few percentage of cases that were in regional at some point in 2004. When they start forming real queue with all cases included, this may very well be far from reality.....Although I certainly hope we hear about our approvals soon, I am just trying to be closer to the reality.

This is only Regional Cases as the Database was from the DOL's not the state offices.

Great News!!

sugar2005 said:
Hi Zanny:

I heard from my lawyer's office they received two approvals today for regular(non RIR) PD Jan 2002 from Dallas.

My lawyer says BPC is not sending 45 day letters to everyone. They are sending approvals directly. He was not sure if RIRs got priority over basic applications. He thought it is FIFO rule.

Any comments??

Great News....
But this has me worried :(

Seems like all the approvals we are hearing are for cases from Texas, If they are Jan 2002 how come CA cases are not approved,

By the way the NON-RIR case queue is much smaller than RIR till May 2002 (surprising but true) just check my posting previously about the Non-Rir queue.

Icarus,
Are they approving CA cases or not?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hey ICARUS

Cammon maan, Pls answer , we need your help this time.
Some messages are coming which tells us that BEC has gone further ahead in approvals than the PD you have mentioned.
Kindly provide us with following:
Which PD is going on in Dallas BEC both for RIR and Non-RIR. Also how come only dallas cases are getting approved

Zany_Brainy said:
Great News....

Seems like all the approvals we are hearing are for cases from Texas, If they are Jan 2002 how come CA cases are not approved,

By the way the NON-RIR case queue is much smaller than RIR till May 2002 (surprising but true) just check my posting previously about the Non-Rir queue.

Icarus,

Zany_Brainy and Icarus,

Per my Attorney, Dallas DOL is approving some of the cases too so let's not confused between Dallas DOL vs Dallas BRC. My PD was Jan 2002 from CO and they told me Dallas DOL is processing my case but not BRC. So pls do find out who is getting approval from where ? Just my two cents ....

Did you get a 45 day letter?

manaka said:
Zany_Brainy and Icarus,

Per my Attorney, Dallas DOL is approving some of the cases too so let's not confused between Dallas DOL vs Dallas BRC. My PD was Jan 2002 from CO and they told me Dallas DOL is processing my case but not BRC. So pls do find out who is getting approval from where ? Just my two cents ....

If yes,
then your case is in BRC

Thx

Hi Sugar,

sugar2005 said:
Hi Zanny:

I heard from my lawyer's office they received two approvals today for regular(non RIR) PD Jan 2002 from Dallas.

My lawyer says BPC is not sending 45 day letters to everyone. They are sending approvals directly. He was not sure if RIRs got priority over basic applications. He thought it is FIFO rule.

Any comments??

Can you please find out from your lawyer whether the approvals are from Dallas DOL or Dallas BEC. (You can ask them if they got 45 day letters for the cases which are approved)

thx

Ony applies to Regional Cases

Zany_Brainy said:
This is only Regional Cases as the Database was from the DOL's not the state offices.

Yup, that is correct. It only included Regional cases, but then the projections people are making for approvals are not valid. We can't just project regional cases as many other cases are going to be ahead in the queue once data entry is complete for them..probably sometime this summer. And this means all projections for approvals as people are making from the "Regional Case Analysis" in this forum are going to be out of whack.....am I correct?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zany...

I was juss looking at the XL Spreadsheet compited by Justwatching, I dont find Any CA guys before Apr 2002 PD. So I think we need to wait a little before we hear anything about CALIFORNIA, may be next week we may see something. All the cases are TEXAS DOL with PD in 2001, hence we see TEXAS approvals.

Another thing is , since the cases may be very less as you had said earlier between Apr 2001 to May 2002, hence we see these approvals taking jump to JAN 2002.

Hang on, I think you may see faster approvals.

Zany_Brainy said:
Great News....

Icarus,

Nope

fastergcwanted said:
Yup, that is correct. It only included Regional cases, but then the projections people are making for approvals are not valid. We can't just project regional cases as many other cases are going to be ahead in the queue once data entry is complete for them..probably sometime this summer. And this means all projections for approvals as people are making from the "Regional Case Analysis" in this forum are going to be out of whack.....am I correct?

Thanks.

There is a separate Queue for Regional Cases and separate for SWA (check forum postings)

There are approx 15 Analysts working the Regional RIR queue and 15 Analysts working on the Regional Non-RIR queue (according to Icarus) at the moment.

Once SWA cases are sufficiently entered for a FIFO to be generated, BEC will put the rest of the analysts on the SWA cases (there are going to be ~ 75 analysts per BEC)

ZB

ziv711 said:
OK after the recent notes here regarding my friend's I told him he should probably talk to his lawyer and see what's going on, since his case number indicates he should have gotten the letter some time ago. The lawyer got upset that my friend is "nagging", but my friend explained to the lawyer that the letter should have been received by now. The lawyer said he will follow up with the BEC and sent them an email.

We'll see if we get any response.

A couple of questions: 1. What can be done if based on a case like my friend, a letter is not received? Should he just wait or is there some course of action he might take to make sure his case doesn 't fall between the cracks (e.g. letter lost - no response received - case closed.)

2. Is it possible to get approval with no letter? If that's the case, then maybe the whole letter tracking is not worth the effort, but just tracking approvals by PD...

Hi All,

Just my two cents....

I think there is no logic involved in generation of 45-day letters. If you read through Icarus's postings 45-day letter is generated when data eatery is completed and a case number is assigned to the case.

Let me tell you about two cases

My case:
New case no: D-05013-XXXXX
Received a 45-day letter from BRC on 16’Th March
Generation date of 45-day letter 2’nd March

My Brothers case:
New case no: D-05011-XXXXX
Received a 45-day letter from BRC on 12’Th April
Generation date of 45-day letter 29’Th March

In the case number D-AAAAA-XXXXX, if AAAAA stands for date then my case is entered on Jan 13’Th and a letter is generated on 2’nd March. My Brothers case is entered on Jan 11’Th and a letter is generated on 29’Th March.

So any thing may happen with BEC the grate.

my PD and RD

no-luck said:
The news is right, what is your PD

Details
Type: RIR
PD: May 2001
State: Texas.
The 45-day letter received and answered in January 2005.

My case is RIR software engineer
PD: Oct. 2002
RD: Feb. 2003

Thanks!

Too good to believe

Found this on aila.org

3. EB-3 Relief: By unanimous consent, the Senate also passed a measure sponsored by Senators Schumer (D-NY), Hutchison (R-TX) and Kennedy (D-MA) that would recapture EB -3 numbers lost from FY 2001-2004 due to processing delays. 50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations.

Both the H-2B relief bill and the EB-3 relief provisions will now be included in the Senate version of the supplemental appropriations bill. However, since neither of these measures was included in the House-passed supplemental, they will be discussed when House and Senate conferees meet to resolve differences between the two bills. In both cases, AILA will urge the House to recede to the Senate on both the H-2B bill and EB-3 relief

This is what I think

Zany_Brainy said:
There is a separate Queue for Regional Cases and separate for SWA (check forum postings)

There are approx 15 Analysts working the Regional RIR queue and 15 Analysts working on the Regional Non-RIR queue (according to Icarus) at the moment.

Once SWA cases are sufficiently entered for a FIFO to be generated, BEC will put the rest of the analysts on the SWA cases (there are going to be ~ 75 analysts per BEC)

ZB

This is what I think:
===============

There has not been any "official" word yet on how many queues there will be. Here is last "official" word that came from DOL from murthy.com:

Processing Cases by First-In / First-Out (FIFO)

"Though cases at the BECs will be sorted into RIR and regular labor certification cases, the DOL advised that they are making every effort to get the cases with the oldest priority dates processed first, regardless of whether they are RIR or regular."

Zany, The reason I think what you said is also correct at this point in time is: BPC entered regional cases first as they were transferred first obviously. So, whatever small number of analysts working on cases right now (by your count 15) are working on regional cases only. Eventually...when more cases are entered all of them (100 per BPC) will start processing true FIFO (Order of PD, Not regional first)

So, here is what we need I think:

Case breakdown by year/month including all cases (RIR/NON-RIR/Regional/SWA). If we have this, we probably can estimate approximate time assuming 200 analyst working on 250,000 cases. You have done great job coming up with first analysis....we need your help and input on this. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
sri302 said:
Found this on aila.org

3. EB-3 Relief: By unanimous consent, the Senate also passed a measure sponsored by Senators Schumer (D-NY), Hutchison (R-TX) and Kennedy (D-MA) that would recapture EB -3 numbers lost from FY 2001-2004 due to processing delays. 50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations.

Both the H-2B relief bill and the EB-3 relief provisions will now be included in the Senate version of the supplemental appropriations bill. However, since neither of these measures was included in the House-passed supplemental, they will be discussed when House and Senate conferees meet to resolve differences between the two bills. In both cases, AILA will urge the House to recede to the Senate on both the H-2B bill and EB-3 relief
GREAT NEWS!

No-Luck, I will explain why it happens...

We know this from early days...the reason is , initially the cases are entered it has T-05XX-XXXXX number, different data entry personals are entering data, As it was happening , they were entering part of data and then coming up and finishing rest part. So it happens, your case although entered later, got finished from T-05013-XXXXX to D-05013-XXXXX and letter was generated, but in your brothers case, the entry took more time although his case initial entry was done prior. And hence the delay.

Predicting Approximate approval

Here is last "OFFICIAL" word that came from DOL from murthy.com. This points clearly to DOL's intention of processing by true FIFO.

"Though cases at the BECs will be sorted into RIR and regular labor certification cases, the DOL advised that they are making every effort to get the cases with the oldest priority dates processed first, regardless of whether they are RIR or regular."

I think if we have case breakdown by year/month for all 250,000 cases (including RIR/NON-RIR/Regional/SWA all of them-remember initial analysis done by Zany only included regional cases), we probably can estimate approximate time assuming 200 analyst working on 250,000 cases. I need help from JustWatching, Icarus, Zany_Brainy, gp111 and other gurus to get to that. Thanks in advance.

no-luck said:
Hi All,

Just my two cents....

I think there is no logic involved in generation of 45-day letters. If you read through Icarus's postings 45-day letter is generated when data eatery is completed and a case number is assigned to the case.

Let me tell you about two cases

My case:
New case no: D-05013-XXXXX
Received a 45-day letter from BRC on 16’Th March
Generation date of 45-day letter 2’nd March

My Brothers case:
New case no: D-05011-XXXXX
Received a 45-day letter from BRC on 12’Th April
Generation date of 45-day letter 29’Th March

In the case number D-AAAAA-XXXXX, if AAAAA stands for date then my case is entered on Jan 13’Th and a letter is generated on 2’nd March. My Brothers case is entered on Jan 11’Th and a letter is generated on 29’Th March.

So any thing may happen with BEC the grate.

Yes, there is some randomness to it. However, my friend's case # is D-04310-05xxx. That would mean that his case was entered November 5th, 2004, and no letter yet. I am not even sure if they actually started sending any letters at that time, but I believe that when they did, they may have missed his case somewhere. Unless it's being processed without a letter...

In addition, it looks like all other cases from that were forwarded to the Dallas BEC from the Dallas regional DOL already had their letters received. My friend's case is also from the Dallas DOL, but where is the letter?

fastergcwanted said:
Here is last "OFFICIAL" word that came from DOL from murthy.com. This points clearly to DOL's intention of processing by true FIFO.

I think if we have case breakdown by year/month for all 250,000 cases (including RIR/NON-RIR/Regional/SWA all of them-remember initial analysis done by Zany only included regional cases), we probably can estimate approximate time assuming 200 analyst working on 250,000 cases. I need help from JustWatching, Icarus, Zany_Brainy, gp111 and other gurus to get to that. Thanks in advance.

fastergcwanted....
Where does this news clip say "Regardless of Regional or SWA cases" ?
that makes a huge difference to everybody here, much more than "Regardless of RIR or Regular"....