If thats true, its good.
===========
MI- EB2-RIR
PD: 6/9/2003
RD: 12/29/2004
Dont know if transferred from Chicago DOL to BEC Dallas
No reply to that email 'status@DAL.DFLC.US'
Just waiting to get the new case number and 45-day letter

Anybody from Colorado who received 45-day letter?

My PD is Sept 2002. Can somebody comment if they are from Colorado and received the 45-day letter and the corresponding PD?

Last edited by a moderator:
fogman1 said:
great answers, as always. :)

For Q2, even a case with number D-xxxxx doesn't mean it will be adjudicated by Dallas, is that right?

Intial stages it may be True, Say later once the process is streamlined and Data entry is verified and forwarded to Adjudication by Analyst. Adjudicator unless wants to see the file in person , means cases in all completeness can be adjudicated from Any center.

I notice a lot of NY cases were directly from SWA, which means they didn't go through the 1st state stage in the traditional LC process. Will they be in the same queue as those case from DOL and already pass the SWA? To me it looks like adjudicating those SWA cases may take more time.

All cases gets equal weightage once they are entered into system based on State PD hence it does not matter from which state they have filed. Earlier PD gets earlier adjudication

Also, I would suggest it may be advisable to create a FAQ for hot topic! My feeling is information from gurus, like MNHRDC, GP111..., are usually more updated and accurate than newsletter from some lawyers. And layman like me, from time to time ask similar questions ...

Really appreciate it!

Your questions/comments make us more motivating. And you folks are allways welcome. Thanks again
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogman1
mnhrdc

3 questions,

1. how do you know the case will be process in the order that PD first, then 45-day letter? Is there really an official guide or memo out there? you know, there are several folks with pretty PD but still without 45-day letter and PD first, 45-day letter second definitely would bring some sort of fairness.

Training GUIDE issued to BEC States that and main intentions of transferring old cases is to give PD as priority

2. how about between Philly and Dallas? do you have idea wheather each center will process on its own or they have a single queue. In later case, Dallas center may process cases with 45-day letter sent from Philly and vice verse.

These centers are operate remotely on a common data base at WashintonDC
on a Single Server and later two other satelite centers will be added ie. SFO and Atlanta. These centers are basically for Data entry and verification and original file holding places. Once the Data is verified, Quality check,and priviling wage is entered for these appln, these will move to RiR or Non-rir Q,
All these things are done through software system and cases will pop up in Q based on PD and completness of casefile will be forwarded for Adjudication for FED Officers who are placed at Phillyand Dallas and other centers.
3. what is the estimated time for them to start processing?

Hard to guess but from Phily thread it is said they start processing for the replies recieved based on PD in the month of March. I hope only trickle may start in April
thank you very much.

5000 dollars waiting for laywer

here is my case detail, I filed LC in CA in June 11 2002, it is RIR EB2, the case moved to SFO on May 1 2003, 45 days letter received. It looks Back log creating center will process TR case 04/2001 under 245i first and let RIR case wait, I think it is inefficient and unfair, our RIR cases need much less time to process. If lawyer want to take action to make my case processed before end of the year, I would like to pay him/her 3000 dollars, if my case can be process before sept 2005, I would like to pay him/her 5000 dollars.
Is any lawyer want to help me?
Thanks
WE

The worst thing happen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst thing happen, It lppks Back log creating center will work on Apr 2001 case first which is TR cases under 245i, there are hundred thousands of them, I am afraid of it may take more than one and half years to finish them only. If it really happen, it is the worst thing for all of us, because we all are at the far end of the queue, no matter PD is 2001, or 2002. I am so dispointed, so frustrated, so despair, forget about RIR, convert to PERM.
PD 06/11/2002 CA
RD 05/01/2003 SFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGC?

Half a year to reach even Oct 2001 cases??

My GOD, at that rate it would take forever for clearing the backlog!! For much for Backlog "Elimination" Centers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomshu
...I then asked her how long time it would take for my case (PD: Oct 2001) to be processed, she said it would take a while, maybe a couple of months, or even half a year to reach my PD cases.

Be patient, folks!!!

--Tomshu

if your case are with Philly BPC, it will take time to reach upto your PD. I anticipated the same. Cases are poring in from NY/NJ/Maryland with PD 2001. Be patient. Unless you are going to use PERM, no Lawyer can help you for existing case. We can just wait and watch and hope for good.

worriedEngineer said:
here is my case detail, I filed LC in CA in June 11 2002, it is RIR EB2, the case moved to SFO on May 1 2003, 45 days letter received. It looks Back log creating center will process TR case 04/2001 under 245i first and let RIR case wait, I think it is inefficient and unfair, our RIR cases need much less time to process. If lawyer want to take action to make my case processed before end of the year, I would like to pay him/her 3000 dollars, if my case can be process before sept 2005, I would like to pay him/her 5000 dollars.
Thanks
WE

The worst thing happen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst thing happen, It lppks Back log creating center will work on Apr 2001 case first which is TR cases under 245i, there are hundred thousands of them, I am afraid of it may take more than one and half years to finish them only. If it really happen, it is the worst thing for all of us, because we all are at the far end of the queue, no matter PD is 2001, or 2002. I am so dispointed, so frustrated, so despair, forget about RIR, convert to PERM.
PD 06/11/2002 CA
RD 05/01/2003 SFO

Quote:

My GOD, at that rate it would take forever for clearing the backlog!! For much for Backlog "Elimination" Centers

Quote:
...I then asked her how long time it would take for my case (PD: Oct 2001) to be processed, she said it would take a while, maybe a couple of months, or even half a year to reach my PD cases.

Be patient, folks!!!

--Tomshu

worriedEngineer said:
[

Hi,
I am krishna. and my id is hmattaparti, my case is also similar to you and from california only, PD 9/2/2002 CA, RD 07/15/2003 SFO and got the 45 day letter from dallas backlog center on 2/12/2005, and within one week the letter is sent back again to back log center by my lawyer and he said that it will be cleared by april 2005, so is that not true, this is the quote from [worried engineer],
"It looks Back log creating center will process TR case 04/2001 under 245i first and let RIR case wait"..
what is this 245i and why they wont process our cases,
can anyone spend sometime to educate me on this,
thanks
Krishna M<

245i is mess created by current Admin on Jan-April 2001. It's better not to know about it. Be hopeful and let's see how Philly/Dallas BPC are working on RIR/TR cases.
We will findout in couple of months. How are they doing? :)
hmattaparti said:
[

Hi,
I am krishna. and my id is hmattaparti, my case is also similar to you and from california only, PD 9/2/2002 CA, RD 07/15/2003 SFO and got the 45 day letter from dallas backlog center on 2/12/2005, and within one week the letter is sent back again to back log center by my lawyer and he said that it will be cleared by april 2005, so is that not true, this is the quote from [worried engineer],
"It looks Back log creating center will process TR case 04/2001 under 245i first and let RIR case wait"..
what is this 245i and why they wont process our cases,
can anyone spend sometime to educate me on this,
thanks
Krishna M<

45 day letter

I received my 45 day letter along with request to provide additional information regarding the employer’s address. Has anyone received this kind of request, what does it mean?

PD 01/23/04
RD 02/09/04
45 Day Letter: 03/05/05
CHI DOL

chicago RD 06/2004

Did anybody with Chicago RD 06/2004 have a 45 day letter? Here are my details .......I wanted to know if I am the only one left out....???

I see that Jan and Feb people are still getting these letters so I may have to wait for a while...

PD 06/2003
RD 06/2004
CHI DOL

Feb04 said:
I received my 45 day letter along with request to provide additional information regarding the employer’s address. Has anyone received this kind of request, what does it mean?

PD 01/23/04
RD 02/09/04
CHI DOL

TR case will be in separate queue from RIR case. This is what said from begining. Where do this TR/245i case story raised from?...
Please do not raise confusion here...

worriedEngineer said:
Thanks
WE
The worst thing happen

PD 06/11/2002 CA
RD 05/01/2003 SFO

Quote:

Quote:
Be patient, folks!!!

--Tomshu

Looks some confusion

It is true they will looking into cases with earlier PD as FIFO
But mind there will be two seperate Q's as TR and RIR
The speed of adjudication will be adjusted by allocating Analyst for TR and RIR Q's.
eg: Less no of analysts working on RIR comapred to TR Q so that All RIR cases will not completed even before they adjudicate TR cases which requires atleast one month comapre to 1hr for RIR case for adjudication.

shaaka said:
TR case will be in separate queue from RIR case. This is what said from begining. Where do this TR/245i case story raised from?...

Under the Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act becomes temporarily available to illegal immigrants present in the United States at the time the Bill was signed by Clinton. Under the provision, a person who--if it weren't for their illegal status--would qualify to immigrate (such as the spouse of a US citizen), may adjust status after payment of a $1000 fine is made, and providing the application is submitted prior to April 30, 2001.

The ACT also provides for a new temporary visa, known as the "V" visa. In the past, spouses and minor children of legal permanent residents have had to wait four or five years out of the country and unable to visit their spouse or parent while waiting for green card priority
dates to become current. Now, recipients of this new visa will be eligible for employment, as well as protection from deportation.

http://immigration.about.com/library/weekly/aa121500a.htm

shaaka said:
I wish you were right. DOL administration explicitly said there will be little if any advantage of RIR against TR applications. If RiR cases start going much faster DOL promised to reallocate some resources from RIR to TR queues so that both queues will go at approximately the same speed

Rir / Tr

sbdol said:
I wish you were right. DOL administration explicitly said there will be little if any advantage of RIR against TR applications. If RiR cases start going much faster DOL promised to reallocate some resources from RIR to TR queues so that both queues will go at approximately the same speed

Most likely RIR and TR cases will be processed seperately.. If they don't the whole concept of RIR is defeated... But you never know... anything can happen...

Feb04 said:

PD 01/23/04
RD 02/09/04
CHI DOL

Still didn't receive my 45 day letter.
State: IL (RIR)
PD: 12/29/2003
RD: 08/03/2004
CHI DOL

Which state are you from?

backlog center processing update

what does this mean now? this news is contrary to what everyone has been predicting will happen..based on this, we are looking at a year's wait
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the AILA, the status of current processing of backlog cases at the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Processing Centers is as follows:
Total number of cases received from the state offices: Over 180,000.
Total number of cases completed data-entry: Approximately 86,000. Plans to complete the data-entry for all cases by the end of summer 2005. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.
Total 45-day letters issued: Over 40,000.
Timeframe for review of cases by contractors: Contractors are currently being trained. Once data entry is completed on all cases, they would move over to processing of applications.
Processing standards: They will apply the standards of each Region rather than national uniform standards. Therefore, the variance in recruitment requirement and other standards among the previous 6 Regions will be preserved.
FIFO rule: Uniform national queue regardless of the occupations.

Dol

DOL wants everyone to lose patience so most people will change to PERM. in that way, it will show how smart they are to use PERM. people in DOL are all american citizen, they don't care who we are and how long we have been suffering...maybe they are just laughing at us and enjoying to see our pain.

Although the wording says,workers will move over to processing,once data entry is complete,that is obvious.But it does not say that processing will not start till data entry is complete or anything about when processing will start exactly.But you never know,they might want to slow down this process in general so that people re-file under perm.