Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks ksyed!! - question about extension

Thanks ksyed!!

I was just looking for some one experienced in ex’tensions’ (to ease out my “tension”)

My case goes like this: My current visa is valid until Apr-2006 (six yrs completion) and my PD:29Aug2003. I replied 45 love letter on Feb15. Rest is as you know..just hope!!
But for the worse case what is the procedure to get the extensions based on my PD. Will that be my lawyer taking care of ? what is the cost/charges (likely in general)

Thanks in advance

ksyed said:
Hi Friends !
Just would like to share a good news while our patience is being tested.
Last week my H1-B extension for 9th year was approved. We had applied 6 months in advance. Currently my 8th year extension is valid till August, 2005.
The new one is approved for Aug-2005 to Aug - 2006.

Little background. Mu first LC was applied from a XXX company in Maryalnd In May 2001 with MD SWA. It moved to Phil DOL in 10/9/2003. Still to hear the approval news or 45 days notice.

In Sept 2004, I had to get transferred to YYY company in CA. YYY filed for my LC with CA SWA on Nov 8, 2004.

The 9th year extension was based on XXX's pending LC. The XXX is trying to keep the LC application alive and would continue with its process. Personally I am not going to benefit from it.

Now for further extensions I can make use of new LC filed on Nov-2004.

Hope this could be of some help.

Regards,

s_chicago said:
Great work JustWatching!!

One question though. Earlier we heard that as soon as they enter data, they will send a 45 day letter. Why they are not sending 45 day letter thought the data has been entered?

I think, not all DOL cases data have been entered as you mentioned. Because, my case is from chicago DOL (Iowa SWA) has not been entered in the system, as no case number has been assigned. I got this reply about 2 weeks back from BEC against my email query. Pls. correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
s_chicago

To answer your first question. I think two things are happening:

1) They didn't start sending letters out from the very beginning so there was catch up to be done. So I am convinced that letters are not sent out as soon as they are entered, in fact there has been an average of a 6 week delay.

2) I think they are SLOWLY closing the gap on how long it takes to mail a letter after the case has been entered into the system.

To answer your second question:

It seems like Chicago DOL cases started to be entered on / around January 4, 2005. The last day I am aware a Chicago DOL case was entered was January 13. (THIS IS WHY IF MORE PEOPLE POSTED THERE CASE NO.S, WE COULD DO BETTER ANALYSIS).

Not to make you worry but it am a little surprised that your case has not been entered into the system if it was transferred from Chicago DOL. Since your case has a pretty recent PD and RD, you could very well be at the end of the queue (the Chicago DOL queue that is). I would give it another month before worrying about it.

Updated status

SFO EB2/RIR
PD: Oct 2002
RD: Sept 2003
New case no: D-04320-XXXXX
45 day letter received: March 1, 2005

Hello Mr. Just watching,
Mine is also not entered in the system yet. I dont get any reply from that email.
Not even saying that "not assigned".

MI- EB2-RIR
PD: 6/9/2003
RD: 12/29/2004
Dont know if transferred from Chicago DOL to BEC Dallas
No reply to that email 'status@DAL.DFLC.US'
Just waiting to get the new case number and 45-day letter

JustWatching said:

1) They didn't start sending letters out from the very beginning so there was catch up to be done. So I am convinced that letters are not sent out as soon as they are entered, in fact there has been an average of a 6 week delay.

2) I think they are SLOWLY closing the gap on how long it takes to mail a letter after the case has been entered into the system.

It seems like Chicago DOL cases started to be entered on / around January 4, 2005. The last day I am aware a Chicago DOL case was entered was January 13. (THIS IS WHY IF MORE PEOPLE POSTED THERE CASE NO.S, WE COULD DO BETTER ANALYSIS).

Not to make you worry but it am a little surprised that your case has not been entered into the system if it was transferred from Chicago DOL. Since your case has a pretty recent PD and RD, you could very well be at the end of the queue (the Chicago DOL queue that is). I would give it another month before worrying about it.
Hi JustWatching,
I dont think all the cases of Chicago DOL have been entered. I have
PD 01/14/2004
RD 07/20/2004
and I got the reply from DOL "Not Yet Assigned" one week back.

Hi IlinoisGC,
Since your LC application is 365 days old, you should not worry about getting 7th year extension. I assume last H1 extension was done by an attorney. The process for getting 7th year or normal 6 years extension is same. The attorneys knows what needs to be sent etc. Just talked to your attorney and see what he/she says.

Once again - DON't worry.

Thanks for extension info

Thanks again ksyed

So if that’s handled by lawyer - will be the part of 'gc package' or even if it’s like h1 case would be very small fee (correct me if I'm wrong) right?

And it seems not a big deal (as you're talking about 9th year extension) - for now I will not worry then! :)

Good Luck to you

ksyed said:
Hi IlinoisGC,
Since your LC application is 365 days old, you should not worry about getting 7th year extension. I assume last H1 extension was done by an attorney. The process for getting 7th year or normal 6 years extension is same. The attorneys knows what needs to be sent etc. Just talked to your attorney and see what he/she says.

IllinoisGC said:
Thanks again ksyed

So if that’s handled by lawyer - will be the part of 'gc package' or even if it’s like h1 case would be very small fee (correct me if I'm wrong) right?

And it seems not a big deal (as you're talking about 9th year extension) - for now I will not worry then! :)

Good Luck to you

I dont think it will be package of GC and when they signup for GC generally they chagrge for full pacakge to be paid at differet stages.

H1b Extensions are different from above and they should be chargeing seperately and definetly less than intial filing charges.

any attorney sites or immigration.com portal gives an estimate about those charges.

Thanks JustWatching for your answer. What should I do? Shall I write a second email? In the first email reply it was mentioned not to request further query before 90 days of replying 45 day letter. (think, this is a common letter). No 45 day letter for me either.

Appreciate your suggestion.

JustWatching said:

s_chicago said:
Thanks JustWatching for your answer. What should I do? Shall I write a second email? In the first email reply it was mentioned not to request further query before 90 days of replying 45 day letter. (think, this is a common letter). No 45 day letter for me either.

Appreciate your suggestion.

I would just wait another month before sending another request.

ksyed said:
Hi IlinoisGC,

Hi Ksyed and All,

I have L1B visa and my LC application PD is 12/29/2003 (i.e. more than 365 days old). I have visa only until Feb 2006 -- i.e. 5 year limit.(L1B limit is 5 years, not 6 years as H1)

Do you know whether it's possible to get an extension for L1B visa holders? Or only H1 visa holders are allowed to get at extension after the limit?

Thanks

State: IL (RIR)
Current Visa: L1B
PD : 12/29/2003
RD(Chicago DOL) : 08/03/2004
New Case #: T-05012-19XXX (received by an e-mail on Feb 18th)

Sr100671 said:
Hi Ksyed and All,

I have L1B visa and my LC application PD is 12/29/2003 (i.e. more than 365 days old). I have visa only until Feb 2006 -- i.e. 5 year limit.(L1B limit is 5 years, not 6 years as H1)

Do you know whether it's possible to get an extension for L1B visa holders? Or only H1 visa holders are allowed to get at extension after the limit?

Thanks

State: IL (RIR)
Current Visa: L1B
PD : 12/29/2003
RD(Chicago DOL) : 08/03/2004
New Case #: T-05012-19XXX (received by an e-mail on Feb 18th)

You can apply for a H1B Visa now and can be on in for next 6 years if I am correct.. Check with your attorney

tracker_chicago said:
You can apply for a H1B Visa now and can be on in for next 6 years if I am correct.. Check with your attorney

Thanks tracker_chicago

No, If I change to H1B I can stay only another year (i.e. 5 years (L1) + 1 Year H1 = 6 Years H1B), since I have already used 5 years (in L1B visa). I am 100% about this.

Any one of you knows someone who has extended L1 status more than 5 years due to pending LC?

Thanks guys

Sr100671 said:
Thanks tracker_chicago

No, If I change to H1B I can stay only another year (i.e. 5 years (L1) + 1 Year H1 = 6 Years H1B), since I have already used 5 years (in L1B visa). I am 100% about this.

Any one of you knows someone who has extended L1 status more than 5 years due to pending LC?

Thanks guys

You cannot extend L1 beyond 5 years. Best thing to do is go for H1 & then keep on extending H1 based on pending LC/I140/I485.. also the new 20K quota is available for everybody now (not only for US masters degree !).. so this may be the best time to go for H1.

gp111 said:
You cannot extend L1 beyond 5 years. Best thing to do is go for H1 & then keep on extending H1 based on pending LC/I140/I485.. also the new 20K quota is available for everybody now (not only for US masters degree !).. so this may be the best time to go for H1.

I know 2005 H1 quota is filled. When can we submit for H1B (for 2006)?

What "gp111" trying to say is New 20,000 H-1 visas has been added to the 2005 quota (Congress passes the legislation) and you can apply for this as soon as USCIS publishes the regulation in the fedaral register. It is expected that they will publish anytime.

Sr100671 said:
I know 2005 H1 quota is filled. When can we submit for H1B (for 2006)?

How people are getting substitute labor?. All my hope on my current labor
(Jul 2002 PD, SFO, RIR EB2) is lost. I am desperate in searching for subsitute labor...Any ideas anybody or any experience candidate share some thoughts about getting one....

gp111 said:

1.You mean Pending LC is transferreble eventhough he changes his VISA Status from L1 to H1 ?
2. what happens if he changes employer with New H1

mnhrdc said:
1.You mean Pending LC is transferreble eventhough he changes his VISA Status from L1 to H1 ?

>> Yes, because LC/GC process has no connection with type of visa you have OR you are Inside/Ourside USA

2. what happens if he changes employer with New H1

He can change to new employer with H1 (will get 1 year H1 only).. & if original sponser does not withdraw the LC, He can get 1 year extensions based on that..

Hope this answers your questions.. thanks.

shaaka.. Why?

I think I missed some important piece of news or post somewhere. I do see and share the general misery we are all going thru, but why do you sound so pessimistic? What makes you think there's no hope for you? When do you think your LC will get cleared by BPC?
Cheer up.
--Manny

shaaka said:
How people are getting substitute labor?. All my hope on my current labor
(Jul 2002 PD, SFO, RIR EB2) is lost. I am desperate in searching for subsitute labor...Any ideas anybody or any experience candidate share some thoughts about getting one....