Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Got a 9th Year H1-B Extension while 2nd LC pending!

Hi Friends !
Just would like to share a good news while our patience is being tested.
Last week my H1-B extension for 9th year was approved. We had applied 6 months in advance. Currently my 8th year extension is valid till August, 2005.
The new one is approved for Aug-2005 to Aug - 2006.

Little background. Mu first LC was applied from a XXX company in Maryalnd In May 2001 with MD SWA. It moved to Phil DOL in 10/9/2003. Still to hear the approval news or 45 days notice.

In Sept 2004, I had to get transferred to YYY company in CA. YYY filed for my LC with CA SWA on Nov 8, 2004.

The 9th year extension was based on XXX's pending LC. The XXX is trying to keep the LC application alive and would continue with its process. Personally I am not going to benefit from it.

Now for further extensions I can make use of new LC filed on Nov-2004.

Hope this could be of some help.

Regards,

Hi

BEC has already said thatthey will first start analyzing Regional Cases taking that into consideration they won't wait till all the data entry is done.
Also they have informed all to contact them after 90 days completion of reply to 45 days letter.
So people should contact them somewhere from end of Marcg to first week of April. so lets see what they say.

THis is for state

puhrince said:
what does this mean now? this news is contrary to what everyone has been predicting will happen..based on this, we are looking at a year's wait
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the AILA, the status of current processing of backlog cases at the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Processing Centers is as follows:
Total number of cases received from the state offices: Over 180,000.
Total number of cases completed data-entry: Approximately 86,000. Plans to complete the data-entry for all cases by the end of summer 2005. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.
Total 45-day letters issued: Over 40,000.
Timeframe for review of cases by contractors: Contractors are currently being trained. Once data entry is completed on all cases, they would move over to processing of applications.
Processing standards: They will apply the standards of each Region rather than national uniform standards. Therefore, the variance in recruitment requirement and other standards among the previous 6 Regions will be preserved.
FIFO rule: Uniform national queue regardless of the occupations.

This is specifically for STATE cases (SWA)
Regional cases were 55,000 and Data Entry is complete on them, last of the 45 day letters are being sent out.

Thanks
ZB

Zany_Brainy said:
This is specifically for STATE cases (SWA)
Regional cases were 55,000 and Data Entry is complete on them, last of the 45 day letters are being sent out.

Thanks
ZB

This statement is also not true. My friend of MI still waiting from his 45 days letter. His case moved to DOL on July 2004. Let's wait and watch for couple of months. No one know what BPCs will do.

Hi Guys,

I usually post at the Chicago DOL forum, but I seem to think that the information is better here and there are a lot of Guru's around..anyway...here is what I will appreciate your inputs on :

My PD is Nov 2003 and Regional (Chicago DOL) is Jan-26-2004, I spoke with the attorney and he mentioned that 2 people from my company who had PD DEC and Jan 04 have recieved the 45 day letter...and I still have not heard from them about this...can anybody who has similar RD like mine confirm that they have/ have not got it ? any other information is also greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

mohan_raghukul said:
Hi Guys,

I usually post at the Chicago DOL forum, but I seem to think that the information is better here and there are a lot of Guru's around..anyway...here is what I will appreciate your inputs on :

My PD is Nov 2003 and Regional (Chicago DOL) is Jan-26-2004, I spoke with the attorney and he mentioned that 2 people from my company who had PD DEC and Jan 04 have recieved the 45 day letter...and I still have not heard from them about this...can anybody who has similar RD like mine confirm that they have/ have not got it ? any other information is also greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BEC is sending 45 days letter in random order, I have a pd of sept. 2002 but a lot of LC applicants with later pd receives the letter earlier than me, so hang on there your's might be on the way.

Anand_Mishra said:
This statement is also not true. My friend of MI still waiting from his 45 days letter. His case moved to DOL on July 2004. Let's wait and watch for couple of months. No one know what BPCs will do.

I agree with you. My friend's LC is DOL ATL July 2004.... Have not received any thing from any office..... And mine is INDIANA State office received date April 2002... no news....

I am replying to various questions posted on this Dallas BEC tracking. I have filed LC from Indiana state with PD of Sept2001 and never went to Chicago regional level. I hope my case is with Dallas BEC. Attorney has not received 45 day letter yet.

From various replies that I have read and analysing cases of people who have reveived 45 day letters, I feel that Dallas BEC is entering cases of only Regional level right now, though they may have PD of much later than some of 2001 cases of State like mine, which never went to Regional. But someone has to inform Dallas BEC that regional level caes that they are entering right now MAY not be the oldest. Take cases of Indiana, where people have been waiting since 2001 (Sept 2001 or may be earlier), but if Dallas process regional level cases first and keep cases like Indiana waiting, then it it not a true FIFO. Dont know how to inform Dallas about it. Next week I am meeting my attorney and I am going to talk to them about it. I sent email to Dallas last week no reply yet.

I am requesting all people of Indiana state who have been waiting since 2001, can you all get back to your attorneys and start telling them to force Dallas to start looking and entering Indiana cases or even all cases of States level, which are older than some of the regional cases they are looking at right now.

Let us all talk to our attorneys and see what we can do together

sleepless_in_IN said:
Per: http://www.durrani.com/newsite/news_items/nactive_disp.asp?ID=1065

How many Applications have been shipped from the SWAs to the BRCs?
Slightly over 180,000.

Do they mean SWAs? Or do they really mean Regional DOL Offices? Philly BRC seems to be entering cases from NY SWA (cases that never got to DOL), but Dallas seems to be working on Regional cases exclusively.

If anyone with a LC that was pending at a SWA and never made it to Regional and was shipped to Dallas BRC gets the 45 day letter - PLEASE POST IT. :rolleyes:

Progress Update

Consolidated Tracker:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571

Dallas-BEC
------------------------------------------------WEEK-OF-3/1/05---------------------------------WEEK-OF-3/8/2005
---------------------#-of-cases----#-of-45-day-letters---%-of-cases-----------#-of-cases----#-of-45-day-letters---%-of-cases
Dallas-DOL----------------27-------------------25-----------93%----------|--------30-------------------26-------------74%
San-Francisco-DOL---------61-------------------38-----------62%----------|--------72-------------------51-------------71%
Chicago-DOL---------------36-------------------10-----------28%----------|--------50-------------------22-------------44%

Also-tracking-Colorado-SWA-(1),-Illinois-SWA-(1),-Indiana-SWA-(10),-Michigan-SWA-(1),-Minnesota-SWA-(2),-Missouri-SWA-(1)

Note:-San-Francisco-DOL-number-include-cases-in-both-Dallas-and-Philadelphia-BEC

Why is this so complicated?

1. How many Applications have been shipped from the SWAs to the BRCs?
Slightly over 180,000.

Read: The question was how many cases have been sent from SWA, so this is in addition to the Regional cases.

2. How many applications have had data input into the new database systems?
Approximately 86,000.

Read: They have entered all regional cases (about 55,000) and have begun data entry of some SWA cases.

3. How many 45 day letters have gone out?
Over 40,000.

Read: Not all cases entered into the system have had a corresponding 45-day letter sent out. ie not all Regional cases have been mailed a 45-day letter.

8. Have contractors begun to review cases for substantive compliance with DOL guidelines? If not, when is this expected to happen?
Yes and DOL is training now.

Read: They have begun processing cases.
Comment: Probably at a very slow pace.

11. When do they expect to complete initial data entry on all cases?
The goal at this time is to finish data entry on all cases by the end of summer 2005. Additional resources are being made available by DOL for the initial data entry. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.

Read: They will complete entry by summer and then ALL resources will be transitioned to processing cases.
Do not read: They will not begin processing cases until the end of summer.

Great work JustWatching!!

One question though. Earlier we heard that as soon as they enter data, they will send a 45 day letter. Why they are not sending 45 day letter though the data has been entered?

I think, not all DOL cases data have been entered as you mentioned. Because, my case is from chicago DOL (Iowa SWA) has not been entered in the system, as no case number has been assigned. I got this reply about 2 weeks back from BEC against my email query. Pls. correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
s_chicago

JustWatching said:
Slightly over 180,000.

Read: The question was how many cases have been sent from SWA, so this is in addition to the Regional cases.

Approximately 86,000.

Read: They have entered all regional cases (about 55,000) and have begun data entry of some SWA cases.

Over 40,000.

Read: Not all cases entered into the system have had a corresponding 45-day letter sent out. ie not all Regional cases have been mailed a 45-day letter.

8. Have contractors begun to review cases for substantive compliance with DOL guidelines? If not, when is this expected to happen?

The goal at this time is to finish data entry on all cases by the end of summer 2005. Additional resources are being made available by DOL for the initial data entry. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.

Read: They will complete entry by summer and then ALL resources will be transitioned to processing cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
JustWatching said:
Slightly over 180,000.

Approximately 86,000.

Over 40,000.

Answer to Point 11 says "what not to read/understand"... On the contrary can we assume that processing of cases have started? If not is there any indiaction as to when they are starting to process the cases... We have seen in this forum that some of the replies to the "45 day letter" were sent as early as dec 2004.. I have not read anywhere in these forums, that ppl have got their approvals... When can we expect the approvals to start trickling ?

rxs_1234 said:
Answer to Point 11 says "what not to read/understand"... On the contrary can we assume that processing of cases have started? If not is there any indiaction as to when they are starting to process the cases... We have seen in this forum that some of the replies to the "45 day letter" were sent as early as dec 2004.. I have not read anywhere in these forums, that ppl have got their approvals... When can we expect the approvals to start trickling ?

See answer to question #8.
I would speculate that we have not seen anything in this forum for one of two reasons

1) oldest cases are probably non-RIR and have a higher likelihood of being non-IT jobs (e.g .cooks, waiters, etc) that would be less likely to be represented in this forum

2) they are processing cases, but they are not being released yet.

My case info

Type: RIR
State: Michigan
PD : April 2003
RD : July 2004
ETA Case : Unassigned
Awaiting 45 Day letter

Just thinking about how this FIFO works...

First theory is .....BEC ignores all SWA cases and considers only DOL cases based on PD. BEC started sending out 45-D letters may go on for 45 more days (lets say) and wait 45 days from there...until then no case will be approved.. that means before 3 months from now no case will be approved. But according to their site, by April 22 all cases will only shipped to BEC. So, lets say by May 1st all cases are with BEC and for all 45-D are sent out by June 1st. That means after 45 days i.e July 15th they start APPROVING the cases at the earliest.

Theory number two is if they consider SWA cases also, that adds more time....then God knows how long!!!! may be an year????

I think better go for PERM.................

Guys.......... This is not to discourage or frustate anyone or anymore..........but just start thinking rather than just waiting & watching!!!!

You really think PERM would be easier? their basic logic is NOT WELCOME LEGAL IMMIGRANTS...whatever perm or BEC, none of them would let us happy....Although in theory PERM will be faster, maybe it is 80% rejection. and who knows? they said 45-60days, maybe just sent out NOF after 45-60days, another 45-60days for the second NOFs......don't trust DOL...they have no brain,no mercy to any of us.....
Detroit2003 said:
Just thinking about how this FIFO works...
I think better go for PERM.................
Guys.......... This is not to discourage or frustate anyone or anymore..........but just start thinking rather than just waiting & watching!!!!

I dont think even PERM is easier or faster..............lot of lawyers are saying dont go for Perm yet...........but by just thinking about this BEC stuff, perm would still be better!!

Again it sonly hope my dear friend...............its all hope!!!

And you are right...........no logic here!!

s_chicago said:
Great work JustWatching!!

One question though. Earlier we heard that as soon as they enter the data they will also send a 45 day letter. Why they are not sending 45 day letter thought the data has been entered?

I think, not all DOL cases data have been entered as you mentioned. Because my case is from chicago DOL (Iowa SWA) has not been entered in the system, as no case number has been assigned to my case. I got this reply about 2 weeks back from BEC against my email query. Pls. correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
s_chicago
To me point:11 doesnot make sense. If the BRC's to appro 5 months to enter 90k cases, they need another year to complete data entry. Their optimism amazes me.

--murali

m_chundi said:
To me point:11 doesnot make sense. If the BRC's to appro 5 months to enter 90k cases, they need another year to complete data entry. Their optimism amazes me.

--murali

I actually thought the same, but then I took a shorter time frame, Dec - January cases entered into the system - I was able to figure this out from the new BEC case nos.

I realized two things

- They had a slow start which makes them look worse than they really are. Not surprising, less trained staff, less staffed, system glithces

- Once I took the more recent pace at which they were entering cases, they could actually enter the remaining 240,000 cases (I assumed a total of 320,000 cases minus 80,000 that have already been entered) and they would actually be done in July . This is in line with their end of summer estimate.

Last edited by a moderator: