Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

H1B visa (Omnibus Bill)

Hi,
I have two questions regarding H1 B visa fee increase. I know this forum disucusses the Green card issues only, but I do know most of the the GC applicants are on H1 visa. --

1. The law (Omnibus Bill regarding H1B fee increase ) requires most H1B employers to pay a $1500 fee to the USCIS. Persons filing SECOND EXTENSIONS are exempt from this fee. What is this SECOND EXTENSION? Does this Second extension has to be from the same company?
In My case I came to USA in Company A, then changed to company B and then changed to company C. Now after staying in company C for 2 years 6 months, I have to extend the visa. Do I have to pay this $1500 fee ??

2. I pay my H1 fee myself. My employer doesn't pay that. However I heard that THIS $1500 fee has to be on employer's check ? Is it true ?Can I pay that myself?

Please help me...

Last edited by a moderator:
well if you know its not the right forum,go to the right forum - there is a H vis forum for you to ask your question there - dont get the tracker disoriented

manm17 said:
Hi,
I have two questions regarding H1 B visa fee increase. I know this forum is disucusses the Green card issues only, but I know most of the the GC applicants are on H1 visa. ---

1. The law (Omnibus Bill regarding H1B fee increase ) requires most H1B employers to pay a $1500 fee to the USCIS. Persons filing SECOND EXTENSIONS are exempt from this fee. What is this SECOND EXTENSION? Does this Second extension has to be from the same company?
In My case I came to USA in Company A, then changed to company B and then changed to company C. Now after staying in company C for 2 years 6 months, I have to extend the visa. Do I have to pay this $1500 fee ??

2. I pay my H1 fee myself. My employer doesn't pay that. However I heard that THIS $1500 fee has to be on employer's check ? Is it true ?Can I pay that myself?

Please help me...

Chicago cases

Hi All,
Great Thread..

Can someone please help me figure out if the letter from BEC has been sent for my case and if so is there any change on website as well.. in case it is lost by employer.. I am not working with an attorney...

My Receipt date Chicago is June 2004.
My state is Wisconsin.

Any info is highly appreciated..

Bye

Received 45 Days letter from Dallas BEC.How long do I need to wait ?

My employer received 45 days letter from Dallas BEC and responded immediately.How long do I need to wait to get my labor certified ?.

PD:July 31 2002
DOL Received: July 2003
BEC Letter Received: 10th Feb 2005
BEC Letter Responded: 14th Feb 2005

Thanks,

RJ

Has anybody from State of Texas(labor still pending at state level) gotten any letter from BEC?
I think few people had gotten letter from Enterject around Dec'04. Any updates after that?
As per shipment schedules, these cases should have been transferred to BEC by 12/31/04. My State RD is 04/2002 Traditional EB3.

gcpower1 said:
Is this mean they have stopped processiong at regional DOL and sending them to BEC? What will happen to cases which cannot be shipped until 03-31-05 and 04-22-05? does it mean they will still be processed till the shipping date is due? can anyone answer hava an answer

These are unopened cases frim State (SWA).
All opened and any NOF issued cases at RO are still continued to be processed at SFO

wi_lca said:
Hi All,
Great Thread..

Can someone please help me figure out if the letter from BEC has been sent for my case and if so is there any change on website as well.. in case it is lost by employer.. I am not working with an attorney...

My Receipt date Chicago is June 2004.
My state is Wisconsin.

Any info is highly appreciated..

Bye

Send an email

"To obtain specific information regarding your application, you may send an email to: status@dal.dflc.us <mailto:status@dal.dflc.us>

Please include the following information with your request:
The Employer’s Name, the Alien’s first and last name, and if known, the new case ID number.

All email status requests will be responded to via mail in approximately 3 business days."

manm17 said:
Hi,
I have two questions regarding H1 B visa fee increase. I know this forum disucusses the Green card issues only, but I do know most of the the GC applicants are on H1 visa. --

Please help me...
These new rules are for New appln. For existing and for extensions this should not apply.
Definitely cheque needs to be Empoyers name, but who bears it need not be theres problem.

H1B extension question re immi petition

Labor certification is not an immigration petition so the answer is no. Although we as named as beneficiary of the LC the correct answer is NO to this question (assuming you have not had a previous I140/I-485 done for you as beneficiary). It is only when i-140 and I485 are submitted that you have been the party to an immigration application. That was the advice given by my lawyer who does many immi cases per year and makes sense when you think it through.

VAGCwaiting said:
I don't see any harm if you are giving out this information to your lawyer. As I know, there is a question in the form asking if the employer has filed an immigrant petition for you. If yes, need to attach an explanation page. This is just my opinion. It's all up to you.

greatgc said:
Ray S.

How did u get new no. w/o letter from the BEC?

I am in the same boat.

Thanks in advance.

Send out an e-mail to DALLAS BEC at 'status@DAL.DFLC.US'

And include your Regional case number, Employer Name, Employer Phone No, Employee Name, Chicago RD (and PD if you have) in this e-mail. Most probably you should get an reply with a Word document from Dallas BEC, and that should contain your new case number at BEC, and you should expect this reply within 1-4 days.

Hope this helps.

Whom to contact

My case was filed at austin under RIR in oct,2000. It was forwarded to Dallas April,2001. RIR was denied on Jan,2003. It was processed then under regular in 2004. austin forwarded the case again this time in regular to dallas Dec 14th 2004. Right now looks like it is in dallas. With all the changes and reorganization going on, can anybody please tell me whom I need to contact. It is almost 4 1/2 years and still in Labor..........
thanks

45 day notice received

I love this forum and here is my info to share

Chicago regional office RD 10/2004
45 day notice received 2/4/2005
45 day notice responded 2/9/2005
ETA case No. D-05005-10***

Interesting that my case start with 05***, while most of the people start with 04***.

D = dallas
05005 = 5th day of 2005 (i.e. Jan 5)
10**** is the sequence number in the system

Hope that helps

ivyperfume said:
I love this forum and here is my info to share

Chicago regional office RD 10/2004
45 day notice received 2/4/2005
45 day notice responded 2/9/2005
ETA case No. D-05005-10***

Interesting that my case start with 05***, while most of the people start with 04***.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent email to Dallas for status and got the new case #
new case number is: P-04307-3xxxx ,that means its P stands for Philly and 04 year and Nov-3.If the started giving case # ,why they are not send 45 letters?

RIR/EB3/CA
PD-Dec-02
RD-Oct-03
Not 45 letter yet.

neverknow said:
new case number is: P-04307-3xxxx ,that means its P stands for Philly and 04 year and Nov-3.If the started giving case # ,why they are not send 45 letters?

RIR/EB3/CA
PD-Dec-02
RD-Oct-03
Not 45 letter yet.

What's the email address you used to request status? What information did you inlcude for your case, company name, your name, case number?

thx

neverknow said:

RIR/EB3/CA
PD-Dec-02
RD-Oct-03
Not 45 letter yet.
I don't understand why your file should be sent Pill. BRC.
I saw that CA DOL files moved to Dallas BRC in immigration site.
My case PD Sept,2002 / RD Aug,2003(CA)
Not 45day letter yet.

eun said:
I don't understand why your file should be sent Pill. BRC.
I saw that CA DOL files moved to Dallas BRC in immigration site.
My case PD Sept,2002 / RD Aug,2003(CA)
Not 45day letter yet.

NO.. 50% CA DOL files moved to Philly & 50% at Dallas. The info on DOL web site (CA to DALLAS) is for CA SWA...

Still no 45 day letter

Hi... I read somewhere that the only persons who can e-mail inquiring about a case status are either the office agent, employer or lawyer. Did you e-mail Dallas yourself? If so please provide the e-mail addie.

I am very concerned, acually, more of worried that in my office, although my case is the oldest - CA RD 10/06/2003, with the next two cases as CA RD 03/01/2004 and CA RD 06/04/2004 both RIR I am the only one who has not received a 45 day letter. What's adding to my concern is the fact that according to this site FIFO will begin from the time the 45 letter was received back by the processing center.

Can you shed more light on this? Anyone else among you with a CA RD 10/06/2003 or thereabouts?

CA PD 09/06/2002 (RIR)
CA RD 10/06/2003
==================

neverknow said:

RIR/EB3/CA
PD-Dec-02
RD-Oct-03
Not 45 letter yet.

I sent an email to status@dal.dflc.us, and this is the reply I received on the same day:

"February 17, 2005

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the
status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of
Foreign Labor Certification's Backlog Processing Centers. At this time,
we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor
Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being
transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is
completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting
additional information from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days
after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center"

FYI
:confused: