Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ICARUS, Response to 45 day letter question.

Hi Icarus,
My attorney had responded to my 45 day letter which just wanted an Yes/No answer on continuation on the same day they got it (Jan 3rd) by FAX.

Is the FAX response a good way to respond ? It seems there was a FAX number on the letter. :confused:

Thanks
ZB

---------------
PD May 2002
RD May 2003
CA - RIR - EB2

Zany_Brainy said:
Hi Icarus,
My attorney had responded to my 45 day letter which just wanted an Yes/No answer on continuation on the same day they got it (Jan 3rd) by FAX.

Is the FAX response a good way to respond ? It seems there was a FAX number on the letter. :confused:

Thanks
ZB

---------------
PD May 2002
RD May 2003
CA - RIR - EB2

My lawyer said : we MUST use a certified mail to response as we are able to trace. I don't think fax mail is safe as well.

What after 45 day letter?

Can somebody shade light on what are the steps BEC will take after the response is sent to the 45 day letter.
Thanks

Question

Ray S.

How did u get new no. w/o letter from the BEC?

I am in the same boat.

Thanks in advance.

Zany_Brainy said:
Hi Icarus,

Thanks
ZB

---------------
PD May 2002
RD May 2003
CA - RIR - EB2
Fax is a good way to ensure a timely response, but it might be a good idea for a hard copy to be sent to the BEC just to make sure. (no penalty for duplicate responses) :)

jxm0020 said:
Can somebody shade light on what are the steps BEC will take after the response is sent to the 45 day letter.
Thanks
Once the 45-day letter response is received, it's logged into the PBLS system along with any corrections included. At that time it is placed in the appropriate FIFO queue (RIR or TR) and as it comes up, analysis takes place. Once that is completed, the analyst recommends either approval or the issuance of a Notice of Findings (NOF) which outlines specific areas of the application that, if left unaddressed, will result in denial. The employer/attorney then has an opportunity to respond to the NOF. If the response is satisfactory, the application is recommended for approval. If not, a recommendation for denial is made. Once this is done(recommendation either way), the case is sent to the Certifying Officer for review and certification or denial. A notice either way is then sent to the employer and/or attorney and the application process is completed.

For ICARUS ....please let us know

Hi Icarus,

Could you please let us know that how soon should we see some response coming in for the "analysis" being done currently for the applicants who replied to 45-days letter.

I would appreciate your reply.

thanks

jxm0020 said:
Thanks Icarus for your response. Has BEC issued any timeframe to process these cases?
Not really....still climbing a learning curve on analysis. As the response to a 45-day letter inquiry will tell you to "please wait 90 days before inquiring further as to case status" (okay, that's a paraphrase)

dallas BEC

I applied my labor in CA in july 2002 and I got my state labor cleared in july 2003 and then it went to Federal Labor, and now it is in DALLAS BEC,. so my lawyer got a letter from Dallas on 2/2/2005, so he said that it will be done by april 2005, thats what I know regarding this,

Icarus said:
Not really....still climbing a learning curve on analysis. As the response to a 45-day letter inquiry will tell you to "please wait 90 days before inquiring further as to case status" (okay, that's a paraphrase)

IS The FIFO is based on the PD at the state level right..
If that is the case ..analysis and certification will hold until all the 2000/2001 cases from different SWA will enter in to PBLM system..
or the process will be done based on already issued 45 letters for Regional cases... could some one elaborate the FIFO steps for BEC Process after 45 day letters

BE_CAREFUL said:
IS The FIFO is based on the PD at the state level right..
If that is the case ..analysis and certification will hold until all the 2000/2001 cases from different SWA will enter in to PBLM system..
or the process will be done based on already issued 45 letters for Regional cases... could some one elaborate the FIFO steps for BEC Process after 45 day letters

Icarus allready answered this question however again this is FYI

Icarus said:
FIFO priority is based on a bona fide response to the 45-day letter. On a given day, for example, there might be 100 cases in the RIR queue. If your response arrives and is put into the queue, if your PD is earlier than the others in queue, you go to the top of the list to be worked on next.
While this system may penalize a case from a state that is more current on their apps being forwarded to the RO or BEC, it can also benefit a timely response. This is why the emphasis until recently has been on Regional cases as it has be presumed that they have been in the system longer and have earlier LO dates.(PD) ... Unfortunately, not much has arrived from WI directly other than cases which had reached the Chgo RO and were considered part of a backlog.

Responding to the 45 day letter

mnhrdc said:
Icarus allready answered this question however again this is FYI

I think this was discussed some time earlier but can the response be sent both by the employer and the lawyer?!! Kindly respond as I am requesting my employer to resend the response via Fedex so there's a paper trail.

nother1inline said:
I think this was discussed some time earlier but can the response be sent both by the employer and the lawyer?!! Kindly respond as I am requesting my employer to resend the response via Fedex so there's a paper trail.

Yes

In my case First it was sent by FAX and then fallowed up with USPS certified mail with reciepient signature

nother1inline said:
That's okay as long as their responses are the same

Talked to my lawyer...

He said, he had sent my response by fax and then by mail too.

Also, He said something similar to Icarus, that presently processing of cases has started in Dallas BEC and slowly more people are being pulled from data entry jobs to the analysis stage jobs as more and more cases start getting ready to be processed (get continuation confirmation to the 45 day letters).

ZB

Ray S. said:
send an email to

status@DAL.DFLC.US

the body of the email should be:

employername lastname firstname

in two days they sent me the new Dallas case#.

Thanks Ray, I send a e-mail today requesting case no.
Did not receive the 45 day BEC letter even thou my case was send to Chicago DOL on Jan 8th 2004.

mentioning GC in H1 application

I have to apply my H1B extension for the 6th year. My lawyer has sent a checklist of questions to me. One of the questions are -
" Have You applied Permanent Residence(Green card) in the past? If yes then when ".. Why do they need this info? Is it Ok to give details about my GC application in the H1 application?

manm17 said:
I have to apply my H1B extension for the 6th year. My lawyer has sent a checklist of questions to me. One of the questions are -
" Have You applied Permanent Residence(Green card) in the past? If yes then when ".. Why do they need this info? Is it Ok to give details about my GC application in the H1 application?

Manm17,

do you mean the H1B 7th year extention after the 6 years limit? If this is what you meant, then here's the answer: if you have filed the labor certification application for 365 days or more, you should be eligible for the 7th year extention.

VAGCwaiting said:
Manm17,

do you mean the H1B 7th year extention after the 6 years limit? If this is what you meant, then here's the answer: if you have filed the labor certification application for 365 days or more, you should be eligible for the 7th year extention.

No It is 6th year extension. And My question is Do I really need to mention details of my green card application in 6th year extension?