Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

berkeleybee said:
Hi,

Just heard that my firm got the 45 day letter from the Dallas BPC.

There is an ETA case number on the letter, begins with D-04301 and then 5 more digits. Do these digits have any meaning or is it just a randomly assigned number?

Bee

RIR/EB2
Ca SWA RD Jan 2003
SF DOL RD Dec 2003
It looks like you've figured out the D part. (Philadelphia cases start with P). the first 5 numbers is the Julian date that your case was first entered into the PBLS data entry system (301st day of 2004 or sometime late October). The last 5 digits are assigned by the PBLS system to cases in the order they are entered system-wide. (Example:04301-00100 might be entered in Dallas and 04301-00101 might be entered in Philly).

JChina said:
I got 45-day letter two weeks ago. I am worried whether Dallas Center has received my lawyer's response or not. How to check?
After 90 days pass from his reply to the 45-day letter, he can inquire as to case status by sending an email to: status@daldflc.us Inquiries will be accepted from the employer or the attorney.

Backlog Center Case Status - URGENT!!!!!

I Filed My Labor From North Dakota October 2004
I Haven't Received Any Response
I Heard Its Gone To Dallas Backlog Center
Would Anyone Have Idea, What Shall I Do, Whom Shall I Contact
Where Shall I Check And How Will I Know About The Status

I Am Too Much Worried
Please Help Me Asap

mnhrdc said:
Thank you Icrus for your Dallas insight and patience to keep this forum :)

You said Analyssis started can u guess at what stage as per TG the current process may be happening for Replies recd.

1.Data entry
2.45 day letter
3.Data rentry for replies
4.Quality chcek this is done at the end of data entry
once 45-day letters are returned processing picks up here MOST CASES ON HAND ARE IN THIS STAGE
5.Priviling wage
6.RIR - TR Q
7.Analysis If the application has deficiencies that can be corrected, at this point a Notice of Findings is sent to the employer/attorney for remedy. If corrected and responded to within the deadline, processing continues with a recommendation to approve or deny sent to the Certifying Officer
8.Final Adjudication

Thanks again

Hi, Icarus
Thanks for keeping as all informed
You said case analysis is gearing up. How many analysts are working now?
How many RIR? TR?
Are any cases have been approved/NOFed yet?
Thanks

Hi Icarus,

Would you know or have a guess on how long each step takes or the overall process?

Thanks in advance

Icarus said:
It looks like you've figured out the D part. (Philadelphia cases start with P). the first 5 numbers is the Julian date that your case was first entered into the PBLS data entry system (301st day of 2004 or sometime late October). The last 5 digits are assigned by the PBLS system to cases in the order they are entered system-wide. (Example:04301-00100 might be entered in Dallas and 04301-00101 might be entered in Philly).

Hi Icarus,

Still some problem is there with system-wide unique no.

P-04301-29xxx(not recd)
P-04307-32xxx(not recd)
D-04331-04xxx(recd letter)
it is logical for first two. but not for third. if 301th day system has unique number 29xxx and 307th has number 32xxx then system can't go back and have 331th day number 04xxx.

Thx :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anand_Mishra said:
Hi Icarus,

Still some problem is there with system-wide unique no.

P-04301-29xxx(not recd)
P-04307-32xxx(not recd)
D-04331-04xxx(recd letter)
it is logical for first two. but not for third. if 301th day system has unique number 29xxx and 307th has number 32xxx then system can't go back and have 331th day number 04xxx.

Thx :confused:
see response in Philly BEC forum. ;)

will the "45-day letter" be issured for any case?

My attorney obtained the following information from Dallas in middle January, and the new case No. is T-05007-XXXXX. What does the "T" mean?

In addition, there is one paragraph as
"The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Dallas Backlog Processing Center. At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting additional information from the employer if needed."

From the above, I think that the "45-day letter" will be issured for any case, however, the attorney said that the "45-day letter" does not applied to my case. So I am really confused, can anyone advice?

BTW, this is OHIO RIR

Same boat

srinireddydgl said:
I Filed My Labor From North Dakota October 2004
I Haven't Received Any Response
I Heard Its Gone To Dallas Backlog Center
Would Anyone Have Idea, What Shall I Do, Whom Shall I Contact
Where Shall I Check And How Will I Know About The Status

I Am Too Much Worried
Please Help Me Asap

I am in the same boat. Can Icarus please comment.

Michael-RIR said:
My attorney obtained the following information from Dallas in middle January, and the new case No. is T-05007-XXXXX. What does the "T" mean?

"The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Dallas Backlog Processing Center. At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting additional information from the employer if needed."

From the above, I think that the "45-day letter" will be issured for any case, however, the attorney said that the "45-day letter" does not applied to my case. So I am really confused, can anyone advice?

BTW, this is OHIO RIR

The second part is true , that standard reply is computer generated to all inquiries. Every case file recieves 45day letter to continue or Not. You must be recieving soon after Data entry .

Icarus said:
see response in Philly BEC forum. ;)

Hi Icarus,

you are right with only one exception(find below). we resolved the number issue. System reset it last 5 digit after it reaches its threshold(say 40000).

P-04246-007XX(recd)
P-04252-02XXX(recd)
P-04254-038XX(recd)
P-04259-04XXX(recd)
P-04273-10XXX(recd)
P-04274-10XXX(recd)
P-04289-21XXX(recd)

P-04292-10XXX(recd)
P-04301-29xxx(not recd)
D-04306-28xxx
P-04307-32xxx(not recd) PD 06/26/02
P-04310-34xxx

P-04320-00xxx
D-04320-01xxx(not recd) Pd 6/05/02
D-04321-04XXX
D-04321-04xxx(recd) PD 06/20/02

other observation, Dallas BEC better in sending letter compare to Philly BEC. when i will get more info I will compile for bigger list.

Thanks, :)

Last edited by a moderator:
suggestion for 45 day letter

Hi Icarus:
Is it possible to publish the date of 45 day letter which was already sent?
For example, All 45 day letters for SFO cases from MM/YY to MM/YY in regional level were already sent. We worry about the 45 day letter was lost, although we can get the new case number by send email to BRC, we don't know when the 45 day letter will be sent, if we know it was already sent and we don't receive it, we can take some precautious method to avoid our case closed accidently, is there any technical issue BRC can't do that?
Thanks
PD CA 06/11/2002
RD SFO 05/01/2003
RIR EB2

45 days letter. (question to berkeley bee)

berkeleybee said:
Hi,

Just heard that my firm got the 45 day letter from the Dallas BPC.

There is an ETA case number on the letter, begins with D-04301 and then 5 more digits. Do these digits have any meaning or is it just a randomly assigned number?

Bee

RIR/EB2
Ca SWA RD Jan 2003
SF DOL RD Dec 2003

Hi Berkeleybee,

What is ur exact RD date in SF dol? Mine is Dec 15th2003 and i have not received the letter yet. Could you clarify. Thanks.

Good News !!! EB3 Priority dates Progress

EB-3 EW "Other Workers" will retrogress to 07/01/2001 for all countries from March 1, 2005!
EB-3 Professional/Skilled Workers for India, China, and Philippines will progress to 03/01/2002!

Please see http://www.immigration-law.com/

misunderstood said:
Hi Icarus,

I've been following this forum, and thanks a lot for helping us still keep whatever hope we have left.
I am one of those that have been waiting since mid 2001 for my LC to get cleared from Indiana. It hadn't even reached regional yet. I see cases that have a PD well later than mine in the 2003-2004 range, but are in the regional level that are receiving the 45 day letter and looking at an adjudication soon.
My question is, how long would we have to continue the wait that started in 2001 and is still in the state level unfortunately since Indiana did not even move the state level applications it received after April 2001, where it stands at even today. Did Dallas even get the applications from Indiana for the RIR/TR cases ? :confused:

Thanks much.
The cases received from chicago RO did include cases from Indiana-unsure if more are coming.

worriedEngineer said:
Hi Icarus:
Is it possible to publish the date of 45 day letter which was already sent?
For example, All 45 day letters for SFO cases from MM/YY to MM/YY in regional level were already sent. We worry about the 45 day letter was lost, although we can get the new case number by send email to BRC, we don't know when the 45 day letter will be sent, if we know it was already sent and we don't receive it, we can take some precautious method to avoid our case closed accidently, is there any technical issue BRC can't do that?
Thanks
PD CA 06/11/2002
RD SFO 05/01/2003
RIR EB2
As discussed previously in this and other threads, data entry and letter generation are not really following any particular date order. FIFO comes into play only once a response is received. Although numerous 45-day letters have been returned as "undeliverable", a copy is sent to both the employer and the attorney. The best way to keep on top of this is to check with employer and/or attorney to see if they've received anything. If not, they can email a status enquiry to the BEC to get a confirmation.

Michael-RIR said:

BTW, this is OHIO RIR

Your atty is incorrect if your case was indeed sent to BEC. Although no corrections may be necessary, an affirmative response to continue processing must be received in a timely manner or the case will be closed.(good news-it can be refiled without any wait period, bad news-you lose your PD status and go to the back of the line at the NPC which handles Ohio.(CHGO or ATL). T- on your case number meant that at the time of your inquiry, your case was in an incompleted data entry stage. Once data entry is completed, the T will become a D. (and the 45-day letter will be en route barring any BEC printer issues)