Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

texancanadian said:
Sent to State- RIR (TWC) -August 2001
Forwarded to DOL Dallas - March 2002
Kicked back to State- September 2003
Employer received letter from Enterject asking whether to continue with case: November 2004
Employer replied back- December 2004

I spoke to our in house lawyer who is the coordinator for our cases and she hasnt yet received a 45 day letter from Dallas DOL.

Icarus, I wonder if because Enterject sent us a letter as recently as Nov 2004 to which we replied requesting continuation of the case that the BEC will not send us another letter ?
Do you know what the status of cases from Enterject is ? Has BEC received these cases ?

Only ray of hope in my case is since PD is 8/2001 and if the EB3 numbers dont retrogress further I will be able to file for 485 once the LC is approved.
Thanks
My understanding of Enterject's role in the process is to assist with cases not considered "backlogged". Unless SWA cases are forwarded by the end of March '05, they will be processed through existing channels and not by BEC.

I thought Enterject's contract was terminated

Icarus,
I thought Enterject's contract was terminated by TWC and they are no longer processing cases.
By existing channels do you mean it will go through the 2 stage process again whereby it will need to be cleared by TWC and Dallas -DOL ?
Thanks

Just called TWC

I just called TWC and the msg there said that the Enterject contract expired on 12/29/04 and that all the files have been transferred to TWC and are in "inventory" status and that all pending replies and correspondence should now be with TWC.
I dont know what inventory status means ?

Icarus- Has DOL Dallas received files from Texas SESA yet ?

texancanadian said:
I just called TWC and the msg there said that the Enterject contract expired on 12/29/04 and that all the files have been transferred to TWC and are in "inventory" status and that all pending replies and correspondence should now be with TWC.
I dont know what inventory status means ?

Icarus- Has DOL Dallas received files from Texas SESA yet ?
No they haven't. TWC is supposed to continue "processing" cases as they come it, although their role has obviously been severely diminished. They have until the end of March to forward any "backlogged" cases (ie, unopened prior to 12/29/04 with PD going back before '03. Any "current" cases will continue to be worked and any balance of current cases remaining will be sent to the new DOL Processing Center handling Texas (probably Chicago) for
completion. BEC is only going to handle the backlog, then go out of business....(okay, in about 4-6 years :rolleyes: )

New Member : - I have Received my Transmittal Notice of RIR to DOL 09-11-2003

Hi all,

I have filed my Green Card on SFO through my Employer on 10/15/2002 and received Transmittal Notice of RIR to DOL on 09/11/2003 from my Lawyers. Unforuntately, i don't have any update after that. I believe is has been transferred to one of the backlog center and haven't received any notice so far. Is there anyhow to know apart from lawyers that my case is in 20K cases transferred list?. Also, is there any idea on how long it may take to process the 09/11/2003 Cases.

thanks for all your feedback...

CA-RD-Jun2004 not received 45 day letter

Hi

Anybody having RD (From SFO Regional) around Jun 2004 have received 45 day letter.

Please let know.

Thanks

CA State (SFO) PD: Jun 03 : RD Jun 04
Not received 45 day letter

Status for Case transfer to BRC Dallas

Hi,

My case under RIR has a Pd of 02/03/2004 from CA State (SFO) labor office. My Attorney has indicated to me that my case is transferred to BRC center at Dallas. How do I confirm if my case is really transferred ?
Thanks

Please let know.

Thanks

CA State (SFO) PD: 02/03/2004

same Q

Icarus,

Is it true as it was posted on Immigration.com that there will be no separate Queue for regular application (TR) and the RIR in the BEC, this is such a bad news for RIR applicants because of pending TR since 2001.

thanks Icarus

zurcaled said:
Icarus,

Is it true as it was posted on Immigration.com that there will be no separate Queue for regular application (TR) and the RIR in the BEC, this is such a bad news for RIR applicants because of pending TR since 2001.

thanks Icarus
As of now, the plan is to have separate queues will a separate group of analysts processing each type of case.

Icarus,

This is the exact words as it was posted on immigration.com that made me worry about the impending delay of RIR applications.

Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

Hope this will not happen, thank you

Icarus, how is a "current" case defined ?

Icarus,
First of all thanks for the outstanding work you do keeping us informed.
My question is how is a current case defined ?
Also just to be clear if an opened case is not approved or denied by 3/28/05 will they be sent to the same center doing PERM.
Also what happens if one of these current cases is approved by TWC... what happens next, can we go ahead and file I140 or does the case then go again to federal level BRC for federal approval ?

Thanks again

Icarus said:
No they haven't. TWC is supposed to continue "processing" cases as they come it, although their role has obviously been severely diminished. They have until the end of March to forward any "backlogged" cases (ie, unopened prior to 12/29/04 with PD going back before '03. Any "current" cases will continue to be worked and any balance of current cases remaining will be sent to the new DOL Processing Center handling Texas (probably Chicago) for
completion. BEC is only going to handle the backlog, then go out of business....(okay, in about 4-6 years :rolleyes: )

zurcaled said:
Icarus,

This is the exact words as it was posted on immigration.com that made me worry about the impending delay of RIR applications.

Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

Hope this will not happen, thank you
:eek: me too!! The mind reels at the implications if it does!! Am unaware of any plans to cross train analysts to handle both RIR and TR (Regular) cases. Given that, if RIR processing is significantly ahead of TR, RIR analysis will experience quite a bit of down time while TR catches up. (Especially since the time needed for a TR case to be worked is several times longer than RIR). If both BEC's are tied together by PD date, then processing will grind down to the level of the slowest analyst :( Guess we'll have to wait and see.

texancanadian said:
Icarus,
First of all thanks for the outstanding work you do keeping us informed.
My question is how is a current case defined ?
Also just to be clear if an opened case is not approved or denied by 3/28/05 will they be sent to the same center doing PERM. That is correct, once the SWA has verified prevailing wage.
Also what happens if one of these current cases is approved by TWC... what happens next, can we go ahead and file I140 or does the case then go again to federal level BRC for federal approval ? an opened case worked by TWC will be sent to one of the national processing centers (either Chicago or Atlanta, depending on the geography)

Thanks again

45 Day letter for Aug 2003 cases

Has any one received the 45 day letter for cases transferred to Dallas DOL in August 2003 ?
My details are:
RIR EB2
Feb 2003: Texas Workforce commission
August 2003: Transferred to Dallas DOL

any info would be appreciated.
rohit

My 2 cents

Icarus said:
:eek: me too!! The mind reels at the implications if it does!! Am unaware of any plans to cross train analysts to handle both RIR and TR (Regular) cases. Given that, if RIR processing is significantly ahead of TR, RIR analysis will experience quite a bit of down time while TR catches up. (Especially since the time needed for a TR case to be worked is several times longer than RIR). If both BEC's are tied together by PD date, then processing will grind down to the level of the slowest analyst :( Guess we'll have to wait and see.
If the Sep 29, 2004 memo still holds true, then:
A) Quote from memo: Applications will be handled in ETA’s established pattern for processing, i.e., Traditional Recruitment and Reduction in Recruitment (RIR).
I think that means they intend to process RIR and TR separately.

B) Quote from memo: The centers will work initially to address the regional office backlogs and then begin to handle cases currently backlogged at the SWAs.
I think that means they intend to process Regional cases first.
I have a strong feeling that people with RIR cases already reached regional level should see their cases approved by BEC within next six months. I might be over opporturmistic, but people in this forum needs some cheer-up badly. :)

Hi Icarus,

Thank you for your information.
Can you clarify again the definition of 'Current cases' or 'Opened cases'?

My PD is 02/05/2004 and RIR in CA.

As CA SWA announced that they were reviewing and transferring the cases of PD 02/03/2004, I thought my case had been 'opened' and was waiting for the review by SWA when they stopped processing and started to preparing transferring to BRC last October.

Do you think my case 'opened' or not?
Do I have wrong concept?

Another 2 cents.

I think both RIR and TR cases are being lined up in the same FIFO queue, but the sizes of groups of analysts assigned to processing the RIR and TR cases would be different. On top of that, since the RIR cases take substantially less time to process, the current_case_pointer of the analyst group assigned to RIR processing shd be steaming ahead faster than that of the other group. Both the groups would be taking cases off the same queue. And this scheme does not assume or require any cross-training for analysts to deal with BOTH types of cases.

Icarus: Could you please clarify ? :confused: Thanks very much !!!

My optimistic two cents. :D

Icarus said:

Last edited by a moderator:
FIFO will be based on Regional Cases ?

All,

Processing Queue per FIFO is only applicable for Cases that have been tranferred to Regional Cases correct?I mean its not applicable for SWA cases(unopened or current) correct?

(Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers)

rds69 said:
My co-employee recieved 45 day letter from Dallas BEC,

CA RIR
PD Sept. 03
RD Oct. 04
Hi rds69,
Can u give more details of ur friend. I did not know there was an oct 04 receive date. My understanding was SFDOL did not open cases from Oct'o4 onwards. Is this the send out date from SWA.
--m_chundi
PD Nov'03
Send Out Date sep 29' 04
RD : Unknown