Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

foret1 said:
my NOF was about my wage beeing too low for my job description. my company definetely didn't increase my wage. but they sent a response/letter to DOL stating that they will increase the wage when i get the green card. it worked: my case was cleared from state and sent to regional after that.

so don't worry :D ...this is not an issue :) ...since GC is for future emp. as you said, all your company has to do is agree to pay that salary after...

my question is will the company be checked later for paying this wage?. my company is so careful with those issues and don't expect them to pay me 30000$ extra after getting the green card. or it is just a promess in the air just make the thing go through?

regards,
TA

Current Analysis of Pending cases..

This is the first of my series of analysing the data posted at
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx
Data was updated yesterday so its current

Fy 2000

Total Pending Cases : 2738
RIR Cases : 1049
TR Cases : 1689

Fy 2001

Total Pending Cases: 2085
RIR Cases: 1095
TR Cases: 990

Attached is the Excel Spreadsheet with a Pivot table for easy analysis by Region Etc. (Sorry could not attach the spreadsheet as it is too big)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. it means BPC can clear all in 15 days.
thx,

Zany_Brainy said:

Fy 2000

Attached is the Excel Spreadsheet with a Pivot table for easy analysis by Region Etc. (Sorry could not attach the spreadsheet as it is too big)

Zany_Brainy said:

Fy 2000

Fy 2001

Good work..Thanks.
Are these numbers by RD or PD.. because I believe there should be lot more cases with PD 2001 because of 245i
Can you Convert to TXT or CSV & attach ?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
More Analysis 2000,2001,2002

This is my series of analysing the data posted at

Fy 2000

Fy 2001

Fy 2002

Total Pending Cases: 5882
RIR Cases: 3910
TR Cases: 1972

These are all based on PD

The no of records in the MDB file are 98,780 but i am not sure as why the backlog is over 300,000 records. May be a dumb question!!!!!!!!!

hopeAlive4 said:
The no of records in the MDB file are 98,780 but i am not sure as why the backlog is over 300,000 records. May be a dumb question!!!!!!!!!

Cases still at SWA (states) are not included.

antonioa77

antonioa77 said:
my question is will the company be checked later for paying this wage?. my company is so careful with those issues and don't expect them to pay me 30000$ extra after getting the green card. or it is just a promess in the air just make the thing go through?

regards,
TA

why worry about that? if the company doesn't want to pay that after you get gc, you can leave the company. after all with gc you are not tied to one company, right?

Zany_Brainy said:

Fy 2000

Fy 2001

Fy 2002

iam checking the access file for year 2000.,

how you determined the pedning cases? what is the criteria for SQL?

There are total 74048 records and based on last_sig_event field..

Last_Sig_Event Total
NULL 63
Appeal Request Received 2
Appeal Sent to ALJ 11
Certified 70204
Denial Affirmed by ALJ 236
Denial Case Dismissed by ALJ 5
Denial Remanded to Region by ALJ 3
Denied, Permanent 456
NOF Issued 892
NOF Rebuttal Due 1
NOF Rebuttal Received 25
NOF Time Extension Granted 123
Received Regional Office 516
Reconsideration Denied 33
Reduction in Recruitment Denied 330
Remand Issued to Employer 110
Remand Issued to State 698
Reopened by Region (Reconsideration) 1
Returned after Red. Rec. Denied 1
Returned By Emp after Remand 3
Returned By State after Remand 20
Returned from Archive 2
Withdrawn 313

foret1 said:
why worry about that? if the company doesn't want to pay that after you get gc, you can leave the company. after all with gc you are not tied to one company, right?

i know that but my company supposedly will assume that i will remain with them for some time after getting trhe green card, therefore an obligation of paying a higher PW at that time probably will be a problem for them. do u understand my point?

in other words, if they r obliged to pay that high wage once i get the green card(assuming i will remain with them), i think they will be reluctant to accept to give a promess to DOl to increase PW when i get GC. what do u think?

As far as I know after receiving greencard you have to stay with that company atleast for the period of 1 year but even 6 months is considered safe by few people.
antonioa77 said:
i know that but my company supposedly will assume that i will remain with them for some time after getting trhe green card, therefore an obligation of paying a higher PW at that time probably will be a problem for them. do u understand my point?

in other words, if they r obliged to pay that high wage once i get the green card(assuming i will remain with them), i think they will be reluctant to accept to give a promess to DOl to increase PW when i get GC. what do u think?

'Zany_Brainy', help me pls.?? Where is my case in the .mdb?? See no case for me.
4/7/2004, IA went to Chicago on Sep, 04.

Zany_Brainy said:

Fy 2000

Fy 2001

Fy 2002

Also, I think in I-140 stage, company's ability to pay the wage is also checked. If it's a big company, they maybe able to show easily 1000$ per annum but for a small company, it may be difficult to prove that paying more for someone is not going to affect their financials.

Query 2002

SELECT Perm_external_FY2002.Case_Type, Perm_external_FY2002.Case_Num, Perm_external_FY2002.State_Case_Num, Perm_external_FY2002.Rec_Local_Office, Perm_external_FY2002.Rec_State_Office, Perm_external_FY2002.Rec_Regional_Office, Perm_external_FY2002.Last_Sig_Event, Perm_external_FY2002.Last_Event_Date, Perm_external_FY2002.Region_ID, Perm_external_FY2002.Work_State, Perm_external_FY2002.Occ_Code, Perm_external_FY2002.OCC_Title, Perm_external_FY2002.Salary, Perm_external_FY2002.Unit_of_Pay, Perm_external_FY2002.Prevail_Wage, Perm_external_FY2002.Unit_of_Pay_Prev, Perm_external_FY2002.Reduction_In_Recruit, Perm_external_FY2002.Emp_Name, Perm_external_FY2002.Emp_City, Perm_external_FY2002.Emp_State, Perm_external_FY2002.Contact_Last, Perm_external_FY2002.Contact_First, Perm_external_FY2002.Att_Firm_Name, Perm_external_FY2002.Att_Last, Perm_external_FY2002.Att_First, Perm_external_FY2002.Att_City, Perm_external_FY2002.Att_State
FROM `C:\DOL\Perm_FY2002`.Perm_external_FY2002 Perm_external_FY2002
WHERE (Perm_external_FY2002.Last_Sig_Event Not In ('Certified','Denial Affirmed by ALJ','Denial Case Dismissed by ALJ','Denied, Permanent','Reconsideration Denied','Withdrawn'))
ORDER BY Perm_external_FY2002.Rec_State_Office

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
iam checking the access file for year 2000.,

how you determined the pedning cases? what is the criteria for SQL?

There are total 74048 records and based on last_sig_event field..

Last_Sig_Event Total
NULL 63
Appeal Request Received 2
Appeal Sent to ALJ 11
Certified 70204
Denial Affirmed by ALJ 236
Denial Case Dismissed by ALJ 5
Denial Remanded to Region by ALJ 3
Denied, Permanent 456
NOF Issued 892
NOF Rebuttal Due 1
NOF Rebuttal Received 25
NOF Time Extension Granted 123
Received Regional Office 516
Reconsideration Denied 33
Reduction in Recruitment Denied 330
Remand Issued to Employer 110
Remand Issued to State 698
Reopened by Region (Reconsideration) 1
Returned after Red. Rec. Denied 1
Returned By Emp after Remand 3
Returned By State after Remand 20
Returned from Archive 2
Withdrawn 313

Whyallthis said:
As far as I know after receiving greencard you have to stay with that company atleast for the period of 1 year but even 6 months is considered safe by few people.

so Whyallthis, i see that you are back to being calm :) ...there is no reason to blow up on kind people that are nice enough to share info they have...i welcome all news, good or bad....

as for your quote above, i am not an expert of this, but i don't think that's true...i think once you have EAD you can leave after 6 months when you get portability or something like that...this is even before getting gc. BUT AGAIN I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS. maybe those on the forum who know can jump in here and help?

antonia77, i still think that you are stressing for nothing. my compnay made a promise, that i am pretty sure they won't respect when i get gc. but i don't care as long as i get gc. find a way to make them accept.

Helloooooooooo 'Zany_Brainy'. Please help me to find my case. See no case in IA between 3/25 to 6/8 ??? My case: IA, 4/7/2004, Went to Chicago in Sep, 04 :confused:

SELECT *
FROM Perm_external_FY2004 where Work_state ='IA' ORDER BY Rec_State_Office DESC

Zany_Brainy said:
SELECT Perm_external_FY2002.Case_Type, Perm_external_FY2002.Case_Num, Perm_external_FY2002.State_Case_Num, Perm_external_FY2002.Rec_Local_Office, Perm_external_FY2002.Rec_State_Office, Perm_external_FY2002.Rec_Regional_Office, Perm_external_FY2002.Last_Sig_Event, Perm_external_FY2002.Last_Event_Date, Perm_external_FY2002.Region_ID, Perm_external_FY2002.Work_State, Perm_external_FY2002.Occ_Code, Perm_external_FY2002.OCC_Title, Perm_external_FY2002.Salary, Perm_external_FY2002.Unit_of_Pay, Perm_external_FY2002.Prevail_Wage, Perm_external_FY2002.Unit_of_Pay_Prev, Perm_external_FY2002.Reduction_In_Recruit, Perm_external_FY2002.Emp_Name, Perm_external_FY2002.Emp_City, Perm_external_FY2002.Emp_State, Perm_external_FY2002.Contact_Last, Perm_external_FY2002.Contact_First, Perm_external_FY2002.Att_Firm_Name, Perm_external_FY2002.Att_Last, Perm_external_FY2002.Att_First, Perm_external_FY2002.Att_City, Perm_external_FY2002.Att_State
FROM `C:\DOL\Perm_FY2002`.Perm_external_FY2002 Perm_external_FY2002
WHERE (Perm_external_FY2002.Last_Sig_Event Not In ('Certified','Denial Affirmed by ALJ','Denial Case Dismissed by ALJ','Denied, Permanent','Reconsideration Denied','Withdrawn'))
ORDER BY Perm_external_FY2002.Rec_State_Office

Cammon Pls don't tell me you wellcome Bad news also
But that discussion aside, My lawyer had said that when immigration officer calls you for the interview for I-485, It is understood that the greencard you will be getting will be for the Job position which is approved by Labor department. So in theory when you get greencard you are working for that position for that specific company which is mentioned in Labor certification.
I discussed this with other few people who are not lawyers and they also said that it is advisable to be with that company for 1year or some say 6 months.
Well as everybody say" I am not a lawyer so take the news as you want".

foret1 said:
so Whyallthis, i see that you are back to being calm :) ...there is no reason to blow up on kind people that are nice enough to share info they have...i welcome all news, good or bad....

as for your quote above, i am not an expert of this, but i don't think that's true...i think once you have EAD you can leave after 6 months when you get portability or something like that...this is even before getting gc. BUT AGAIN I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS. maybe those on the forum who know can jump in here and help?

antonia77, i still think that you are stressing for nothing. my compnay made a promise, that i am pretty sure they won't respect when i get gc. but i don't care as long as i get gc. find a way to make them accept.

Changing Employer

As far as I am informed - and I am not a lawyer either -, after labour is approved that company is filling I-485 and I-140 at the same time. Now, if you are looking for another job, you can also apply (at the same time) for a work authorization card (pick in color), which normally is issued within 90 days.
Having had long discussions about when you can leave your current employer, it seems that the law is not 100% clear and is open for interpretations.
Here is what I make out of that: To be safe, wait for 180 days after receipt of the work authorzation card or you may run into trouble of starting labour all over again with your new employer.

Did I get all this right?

Any comments very welcome.

Whyallthis said:
Cammon Pls don't tell me you wellcome Bad news also
But that discussion aside, My lawyer had said that when immigration officer calls you for the interview for I-485, It is understood that the greencard you will be getting will be for the Job position which is approved by Labor department. So in theory when you get greencard you are working for that position for that specific company which is mentioned in Labor certification.
I discussed this with other few people who are not lawyers and they also said that it is advisable to be with that company for 1year or some say 6 months.
Well as everybody say" I am not a lawyer so take the news as you want".
the main point that i wana know, would it be a problem if the employer accept DOl request for PW(the high one)of paying methat wage after i get the green card, although when i get it he will not pay me that much? this is my main wory, pls advise.