Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Zany_Brainy said:
Latest update from my source..

During a teleconference with AILA this week, the AILA representative indicated that the adjudication of cases at the BRC is based on the original priority date of a case (PD) - There was mention that they knew of only a handful of cases that have been approved by the BRC with PD of early 2000

BRC has not yet set up the two track system for regular cases and RIR - until the two track system is implemented do not expect to hear about RIR cases.

Likely time frame for setting up the separate queues :1-2 months

:(

well it is not that bad. but my question is :is the RIR queue completely independent from the TR one. I mean would RIR queue be not synchronised with the TR as we have heard before?

can you confirm it

Are you sure 2001 more than 200K? Can you provide more detail?

the backlog spans from 2000 through 2005. It's unlikely 2001 has so big a proportion.

mnhrdc said:
Atleast year 2001 has 200k out of 300k cases.

fogman1 said:
Are you sure 2001 more than 200K? Can you provide more detail?

the backlog spans from 2000 through 2005. It's unlikely 2001 has so big a proportion.
in april 2001 there was a huge wave of applications sent to dol because there was an amnesty program that starts in december 2000 and ended in april 2001. it is called the 245(i). therefore, around 220,000 illegals' applications flooded the DOL. this is why like 2/3 of the backlog is caused by those cases in april 2001, most of them are in non-RIR queue.

What does "NOT YET ASSIGNED " mean ?

I received a reply back from Dallas BEC after 1 month. The email says that a case number was "NOT YET ASSIGNED".
Does that mean that they dont have the file/info on mycase or that they have the file but just havent gotten to assigning a number yet.
Thanks

Orissa, Tomshu , Icarus, Alkea

Hello my friends,
We need your up date about the approvals directly from your hot lines.
Thank you very much :confused: :confused:

got it

so does it mean if there is only single queue for RIR and Non-RIR, RIR case with PD 2002 and later become less value, since it probably take at least 1 year to clear up 2001 case. The prospect is really dim in this scenerio.

Is there clear answere wheather there will be seperate queue.

antonioa77 said:
in april 2001 there was a huge wave of applications sent to dol because there was an amnesty program that starts in december 2000 and ended in april 2001. it is called the 245(i). therefore, around 220,000 illegals' applications flooded the DOL. this is why like 2/3 of the backlog is caused by those cases in april 2001, most of them are in non-RIR queue.

fogman1 said:
so does it mean if there is only single queue for RIR and Non-RIR, RIR case with PD 2002 and later become less value, since it probably take at least 1 year to clear up 2001 case. The prospect is really dim in this scenerio.

Is there clear answere wheather there will be seperate queue.
exactly, this is why i was always asking if there will be 2 independent queues: one for RIR and one for non-rir.but i didn't get an answer yet. otherwise RIR cases r going nowhere.

antonioa77 said:

I know everyone is entitled to post what ever they want but if you are speculating you should clearly state that.

Before the transfers to BECs, the following SWAs were stuck in April 2001, ie 245i cases:

Philly BEC

Washington DC SWA (Regular & RIR)
Maryland SWA (Regular)
New York SWA (Regular)
New Jersey SWA (Regular)

Dallas BEC

Indiana SWA (Regular & RIR)
Arkansas SWA (Regular)
Washington SWA (Regular)
Oklahoma SWA (Regular)
Colorado SWA (Regular)
Hawaii SWA (Regular)

The only significant volume states in this list are NJ and NY. Their original count of 245i cases was 59,000. And they have been working them for 3 years now. I doubt there are more than 20,000 cases left to be processed.

Beyond that, these same states are obviously still waiting for their May 2001 - December 2001 cases to be processed. Maybe another 20,000 cases.

Add to this, the 2001 cases that were sitting in the Philly DOL, Dallas DOL and San Francisco DOL, at most a third of the 40,000 or cases ie 13,000 cases.

So there is somewhere in the neighborhood of 50,000 - 60,000 2001 cases. The balance is split between 2002 - 2005.

The information is based on PWC reports and speculation on my part.

antonioa77 said:
exactly, this is why i was always asking if there will be 2 independent queues: one for RIR and one for non-rir.but i didn't get an answer yet. otherwise RIR cases r going nowhere.

Whether there are two Q's or not, BECs say the will try to keep RIR and non-RIR queues even. They will probably do this by shifting resources from one queue to another.

If I were to speculate on 2001 cases at Philly and Dallas BEC, I would say there are probably:

30,000 - 35,000 2001 cases at Philly BEC
20,000 - 25,000 2001 cases at Dallas BEC

If they reach a 5,000 cases / month / BEC rate. (This is what would be required to clear the backlog in the 24-30 month timeframe BECs are quoting.

It would take Philly BEC 6 - 7 months to clear 2001 and Dallas BEC 4 -5 months to clear 2001.

JustWatching said:
Whether there are two Q's or not, BECs say the will try to keep RIR and non-RIR queues even. They will probably do this by shifting resources from one queue to another.

If I were to speculate on 2001 cases at Philly and Dallas BEC, I would say there are probably:

30,000 - 35,000 2001 cases at Philly BEC
20,000 - 25,000 2001 cases at Dallas BEC

If they reach a 5,000 cases / month / BEC rate. (This is what would be required to clear the backlog in the 24-30 month timeframe BECs are quoting.

It would take Philly BEC 6 - 7 months to clear 2001 and Dallas BEC 4 -5 months to clear 2001.

there r at least 200K applications just in 2001, ur numbers of 35000+25000=60k doesn't match with 200k. there should be between 80000 to 120000 cases of 2001 cases in each BEC center.
icarus already mentioned before that the two queues will be completely independent and some other posts said that the 2 queues will be even. those 2 postings oppose each others so we don't know yet..

antonioa77 said:
there r at least 200K applications just in 2001, ur numbers of 35000+25000=60k doesn't match with 200k. there should be between 80000 to 120000 cases of 2001 cases in each BEC center.
icarus already mentioned before that the two queues will be completely independent and some other posts said that the 2 queues will be even. those 2 postings oppose each others so we don't know yet..

Yes there were 200k applications 2001 but all SWAs except for the one in my previous posts have been cleared, this is what remains

JustWatching said:
Yes there were 200k applications 2001 but all SWAs except for the one in my previous posts have been cleared, this is what remains
That didn't sound correct. that is the case then total number of pending application should be around approx 140K not 300K.

Anand_Mishra said:
That didn't sound correct. that is the case then total number of pending application should be around approx 140K not 300K.

I don't understand how you came to this conclusion. Can you explain so we can discuss?

JustWatching said:
well the states that r stuck for regular in april 2001 are:

for dallas BEC:
illiniois
indiana
kansas
michigan
missouri
wisconsin
arkansas
oklahoma
texas
colorado
california with at leasdt 50000 cases of non rir mentioned before.
washington

as u can c from above, most of the states under BEC dallas are stuck at april 2001 with just 50000 non rir cases still pending in california not to count the other big states like texas. ur counting is too optimistic. and the thing is that most states didn't work on non rir cases since 2001 so u can't asume that the number that was present in april 2001 is much bigger than the actual one now.it will be on the contray almost the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excerpt from:

Minutes of the AILA-DOL/ETA Liaison Telephonic Meeting dated January 5, 2005 (before the USDOL’s PERM Briefing on Jan 11, 2005 in Chicago). Meeting notes prepared on Jan. 13. 2005, after the USDOL’s PERM briefing

For DOL: Bill Carlson, Bill Rabung, Paul Gotte, Rachel Wittman
For AILA: Fran Berger, Dyann DelVechio, Chuck Kuch, Marketa Lindt, Laura Mazel, Elisa McGovern, Adan Vega, Crystal Williams, Cora Tekach,

Excerpt:

(iv) When do you expect to begin adjudication of these cases?

DOL: As the letters come back, FIFO will dictate. RIR will not be processed any faster than non-RIR.

e. How will resources be allocated between RIR and traditional cases?

Not addressed.

f. Please advise as to how these cases will be processed? Will RIR cases be processed on a faster track than traditional cases?

DOL: RIR and traditional cases will not be separated in time order[?]. They will be handled in FIFO order, but because RIR has more work already completed on them, they will probably move faster. DOL needs to impose some equity between the two processes based on resources while trying to adhere to the original priority date. Will see what the processing times look like and revise if inequity occurs. A pure two-track system cannot be followed.

JustWatching said:
Excerpt from:

Minutes of the AILA-DOL/ETA Liaison Telephonic Meeting dated January 5, 2005 (before the USDOL’s PERM Briefing on Jan 11, 2005 in Chicago). Meeting notes prepared on Jan. 13. 2005, after the USDOL’s PERM briefing

For DOL: Bill Carlson, Bill Rabung, Paul Gotte, Rachel Wittman
For AILA: Fran Berger, Dyann DelVechio, Chuck Kuch, Marketa Lindt, Laura Mazel, Elisa McGovern, Adan Vega, Crystal Williams, Cora Tekach,

Excerpt:

(iv) When do you expect to begin adjudication of these cases?

DOL: As the letters come back, FIFO will dictate. RIR will not be processed any faster than non-RIR.

e. How will resources be allocated between RIR and traditional cases?

Not addressed.

f. Please advise as to how these cases will be processed? Will RIR cases be processed on a faster track than traditional cases?

DOL: RIR and traditional cases will not be separated in time order[?]. They will be handled in FIFO order, but because RIR has more work already completed on them, they will probably move faster. DOL needs to impose some equity between the two processes based on resources while trying to adhere to the original priority date. Will see what the processing times look like and revise if inequity occurs. A pure two-track system cannot be followed.

icarus informed us with different information around first of march. DOl doesn't know what to do yet.

JustWatching said:
I don't understand how you came to this conclusion. Can you explain so we can discuss?

Assumption is that ~180-200K applications are pending due to 245i. Balance 100-120K applications after april 2001. So total ~300K aplication will move to BPCs.

if only 60K is pending with 245i then total pending application should be 60K+120K = 180K. BEC is expecting total application approx 300K.

So, all these don't add up.

antonioa77 said:
well the states that r stuck for regular in april 2001 are:

for dallas BEC:
illiniois
indiana
kansas
michigan
missouri
wisconsin
arkansas
oklahoma
texas
colorado
california with at leasdt 50000 cases of non rir mentioned before.
washington

as u can c from above, most of the states under BEC dallas are stuck at april 2001 with just 50000 non rir cases still pending in california not to count the other big states like texas. ur counting is too optimistic. and the thing is that most states didn't work on non rir cases since 2001 so u can't asume that the number that was present in april 2001 is much bigger than the actual one now.it will be on the contray almost the same.

The original count for the entire San Francisco region of 245i cases was 62,000, That was 3 years ago. I doubt there are still 50,000 left.

Anand_Mishra said:
Assumption is that ~180-200K applications are pending due to 245i. Balance 100-120K applications after april 2001. So total ~300K aplication will move to BPCs.

if only 60K is pending with 245i then total pending application should be 60K+120K = 180K. BEC is expecting total application approx 300K.

So, all these don't add up.

Where are you getting the 120,000 for balance after April 2001 from?