Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

LC Mess - urgent help sought!..

Urgent help sought! - LC mess..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys can you please urgently help with the situation below?. Things are quite serious on my end and any advice/help appreciated!

Context

1) Company A LC was applied first; Company B bought company A

2) Later B applied for a 2nd LC

3) After that B applied for Perm Conversion was applied to retain LC(B)'s
priority date - lets call this PERM LC (C)

Complexities

1) C was rejected saying that it did not meet alternate
job requirement. Company B is appealing this and this is now in PERM reconsideration queue.

2) DOL was suppose to close B when PERM LC C was filed. Instead they approved B but borrowed A's case number!. In effect they ended up closing A since it lost its case number. Not only that since my company didnt have much to chew on, they recenly filed for I-140 off of LC B (remember LC B should not even have existed in the first place), and the I-140 recently was approved.

3) My company is trying to re-open A case but it is not known if a new case number will be given or DOL will withdraw it

Worst Case Screnario

1) If Perm Conversion (C) appeal is rejected then B also can be withdrawn by DOL.!

Then we will depend on A which is not yet in the DOL process list.

2) If A also gets withdrawn, then I may have to re-start the LC process but this is NOT possible given I have already used 6 yrs of H1!.

3) If all the above LC’s get withdrawn by DOL, there could be problem with H1-extension.

PLEASE HELP, since my LC state is really bad, and I want to see what all I can do to help resolve this issue.

thanks!

DBEC processing RIRs?

I am checking out all the approvals and I find all of them to be RIR cases. Is it possible that DBEC is clearing RIRs first instead of following LIFO or FIFO. RIRs are easy to clear as they don't take much time.
Yogi

UG. said:
Hi,

Currently my family and me don’t have valid US visas. I recently got 7th year extension. If we go out of US we will have to apply and get it stamped.

1. My family plans to visit home. I am not planning to go. Do you think they will have any issues getting the US. My attorney said that the embassy would not issue them H4 visa if I don’t also apply for H1.

2. I hope to get my LC approved in the next few months. Can I apply for the next stage if my family is out of the county?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
You may plan your family's trip to home. They will have to restamp the Visas. I assume they are on H4. I assume you also extended their visa along with your H1B. I assume that they have latest I94 along with their Visa approval (I797). If my assumptions are correct then go ahead and arrange stamping before landing back on US soil.
You can always apply for next steps like I140 while family at home country. I am not sure whether you can also apply for their I485 while they all are out of USA.
Please check with your attorney before finalizing all plans.

LC Approved

Finally labor got approved. Got a letter from DBC that LC approved. Still waiting for the LC. Does any one know when will I get the approved LC.

Is there any rule/restriction that i-140 shld be applied within 45 days of labor approval

MI, EB3 RIR
PD: Apr 04
RD: Never made it
45 DL: Jun 06
45 DL reply: Jul 06
LCA: Sep 06.

Congrats Pegasus503

Pegasus503 said:
3 years, 10 months and 24 days on...or 1,393 days Later.....

My case status per website "CERTIFIED"

http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm

Good luck to all, thanks for the support

Congratulations!. So, it appears that DBEC is currently working on Box 04320. Anyone from this box? You will hear it soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
LC Approval

Hi All,
Finally i got a call from my employer that my LC is approved. I haven't seen the papers yet. But it would have been last week.4 months i got mail(false) that my case is closed due to not replying the 45day letter.Then my attorney sent a mail for reopening the case. case was re-opened on 07/31/06.Today it was approved.It was a long waiting since 11/2003(priority date)/EB3/Illinois.

Thanks to all who provided valuable info and like to see you all in next stage very soon.
Wish you all goodluck.

One more clarification...

peace4u said:
Urgent help sought! - LC mess..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys can you please urgently help with the situation below?. Things are quite serious on my end and any advice/help appreciated!

Context

1) Company A LC was applied first; Company B bought company A

2) Later B applied for a 2nd LC

3) After that B applied for Perm Conversion was applied to retain LC(B)'s
priority date - lets call this PERM LC (C)

Complexities

1) C was rejected saying that it did not meet alternate
job requirement. Company B is appealing this and this is now in PERM reconsideration queue.

2) DOL was suppose to close B when PERM LC C was filed. Instead they approved B but borrowed A's case number!. In effect they ended up closing A since it lost its case number. Not only that since my company didnt have much to chew on, they recenly filed for I-140 off of LC B (remember LC B should not even have existed in the first place), and the I-140 recently was approved.

3) My company is trying to re-open A case but it is not known if a new case number will be given or DOL will withdraw it

Worst Case Screnario

1) If Perm Conversion (C) appeal is rejected then B also can be withdrawn by DOL.!

Then we will depend on A which is not yet in the DOL process list.

2) If A also gets withdrawn, then I may have to re-start the LC process but this is NOT possible given I have already used 6 yrs of H1!.

3) If all the above LC’s get withdrawn by DOL, there could be problem with H1-extension.

PLEASE HELP, since my LC state is really bad, and I want to see what all I can do to help resolve this issue.

thanks!

I forgot to mention that as far as I (and my lawyer) understand the limitations of PERM - we are unable to file a new PERM for my current position since there is already the denied PERM in the reconsideration queue [ This the PERM LC "C" in the list above]

Online Case Status

Hi Folks. The website indicates that my LC has been certified. Hope to receive the letter soon. Wishing all quick responses and the very best.
ETA D-05011-XXXXX
RIR/OH/EB3
PD 03/15/2004
45 DAY LTR REC: 03/18/2005
45 DAY LTR REP: 03/29/2005

H1 Expiration

My H1 is expiring as of Oct 1st. And i haven't heard back on my reply related to extension. Today i contacted my lawyer and he told.. it is legal time for 240 days even after H1 expiring when i am waiting for a decision.

If that is the case it is fine... But i travel on my job and my license is based on my H1 and it is expiring on Oct 1st as well. Is there a way to extend that... as i work as consultant and it is very much necessary for the work i do and for me to go to different places.

If anyone faced this situation and have any tips it will help me.

Thanks

Slowlazygc:
I faced with the same situation this year my drivers license was about to expire and did not hear anything about my h1 extention. I took a letter from my HR stating that we have applied for the extention and it is taking between 30-120 days to approve and also mentioned the end date of the h1 in my case it was March, 2007 and requested them to grant the license. I also took the copy of the receipt from INS as proof. Even my friend had the same situation and they gave him a temporary license for 1 month but in my case they granted me a permanant license until march, 2007.
Hope this helps

slowlazygc said:
My H1 is expiring as of Oct 1st. And i haven't heard back on my reply related to extension. Today i contacted my lawyer and he told.. it is legal time for 240 days even after H1 expiring when i am waiting for a decision.

If that is the case it is fine... But i travel on my job and my license is based on my H1 and it is expiring on Oct 1st as well. Is there a way to extend that... as i work as consultant and it is very much necessary for the work i do and for me to go to different places.

Thanks

Most states would give you a license based on the H1B receipt notice. I think, They give it for 2 years if its a receipt OR till end of H1B if its an approval.

Colorado DMV is using Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements(SAVE) program to verify immigration status. If you are not certified by SAVE, they are not going to give you driver's license. I am not sure if they allow H1B receipt. Better to check with them ASAP before your license is expired.
Yogi

slowlazygc said:

Thanks

Hello everybody!
Now it's my turn to announce that my labor has been certified! :)
That is, if I trust the online status check... Have not heard anything yet from the lawyer.
Yesterday it was IN PROCESS, today CERTIFIED...
Also, I checked several other ETA numbers close to mine and, although I did not record their status earlier, a week ago it seemed there were about 60/40 ratio of in process to certified (within about 12 closest numbers to mine)
Today I only saw one IN PROCESS and the rest were CERTIFIED, so things are moving along!

My info:
PD date: November 2004, filed from TX
ETA#: D-05210-6****

Good luck to everybody!
Things are moving!

Thank You... for replies

Thanks for everyone who replied. I will check with my local DMV here. And if CO has special rules... then i will email to the group. So people from CO can use it for future reference.

calabor said:
Most states would give you a license based on the H1B receipt notice. I think, They give it for 2 years if its a receipt OR till end of H1B if its an approval.

yunest

Hi, yunest
When you got your 45DL replied?
yunest said:
Hello everybody!
Now it's my turn to announce that my labor has been certified! :)
That is, if I trust the online status check... Have not heard anything yet from the lawyer.
Yesterday it was IN PROCESS, today CERTIFIED...
Also, I checked several other ETA numbers close to mine and, although I did not record their status earlier, a week ago it seemed there were about 60/40 ratio of in process to certified (within about 12 closest numbers to mine)
Today I only saw one IN PROCESS and the rest were CERTIFIED, so things are moving along!

My info:
PD date: November 2004, filed from TX
ETA#: D-05210-6****

Good luck to everybody!
Things are moving!

My DBEC tracking

Here is 30 cases I got from the case next to me:

No exist Certificate Inprocess Decline Close
3 4 16 2 5

I will check next week to see whether the numbers changes.

My case:
PR: Feb,2005
45 day: Jun.2006

onlyhope,

The 45 day letter was issued on June 8, but I learned about it a month later and it was replied to sometime around July 14th (with July 24th being the deadline)

Case closed

Hi,
I checked the status of my application today and it says case is closed.My lawyer says he has sent them a letter.Do you know how long will it take for them to re-open the case.I am very much worried.

Sheila

VISA availability status for Srilanka

Hi All,
My Friend is a Srilankan and filed GC under EB3 category. His application is in Dacklog center and any time it will be accepted.His PD is 12/2003
Can anyone know whether he can go for concurrent filing once the LC is approved?
Where he can get the VISA available status fro Srilanka?

It shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.Atleast the attorney will get a notification about the status ( whether it is re-opened or not)
xyz1111 said:
Hi,
I checked the status of my application today and it says case is closed.My lawyer says he has sent them a letter.Do you know how long will it take for them to re-open the case.I am very much worried.

Sheila