Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

immigration reform.

majeed_ghadialy said:
The folks at immigrationvoice.org are doing a great job. The least we all can do here is to register free and send the web-fax through their service (just a few clicks) to the policymakers of our respective states.

-Majeed
Is there going to be any positive things for H1 visa holders in immigration reform proposal. like work permit for h4 visa holders /ead/ap filing even with retro dates/labor certification skip for advanced degree holders like L1 visa holders?any inputs
PD-May 2004
RD 45 day letter Oct 2005
Case no D-05111-xxxxx
approval -?

ddl said:
Hello,

I am seeing many of my friends who are just applying through PERM process already getting their LC approved in a week's time. Does this mean that their next stage processing starts immediately or does the next stage also follow the same priority date? Just wanted to know whether switching to PERM was a better option.

Also, at what point can I apply for work permit for my wife?

Thank you.

PD 11/2003
MI RIR
D-05192-XXXXX
One more unjust truth is that yes. Presuming that you are not from backlogged country and got PERM in two weeks you can immediately file for I-140 and the guy that waited since 2001 and got his approval a day later after your PERM would be placed in USCIS after you.
You can apply for EAD after I-485 is filed.

Important: case number text question

guys,

whats difference between case number letters at Dallas BEC starting with T vs D
Mine is T-****-*****

Also, is there a single Non-RIR case (without job order/ job search activitiy) that got approved? (excluding cases whose application was approved by state and was forwarded to regional)

Also, anyone with company name change for GC. (no change in nature or location of business. Only the owner change)

PD April 2003
Non-RIR EB3
Application went directly to BEC before job order was issued. Forget about regional.
45 day letter received and replied in April 2006

quote of the life:
smart way to live : learn Spanish, no money to uncle sam, go Illegal and get citizenship in 1 year,
stupid way to live: study hard for masters, work hard, pay taxes and wait 20 years for GC!!

approval rate

ohiowaiting said:
guys,

whats difference between case number letters at Dallas BEC starting with T vs D
Mine is T-****-*****

Also, is there a single Non-RIR case (without job order/ job search activitiy) that got approved? (excluding cases whose application was approved by state and was forwarded to regional)

Also, anyone with company name change for GC. (no change in nature or location of business. Only the owner change)

PD April 2003
Non-RIR EB3
Application went directly to BEC before job order was issued. Forget about regional.
45 day letter received and replied in April 2006

quote of the life:
smart way to live : learn Spanish, no money to uncle sam, go Illegal and get citizenship in 1 year,
stupid way to live: study hard for masters, work hard, pay taxes and wait 20 years for GC!!

if you have got and replied ur 45 day letter in April 2006 chances are that in 1 month or even lesser time u will get your labor approval best of luck.

Visa bulletin June 2006

How come there is no movement in the EB2 category? In the past, it has moved ahead consistently by 5-6 months. All you gurus- any predications? Is this an ominous trend or what ?Any comments?

45 day letter recieved..

45 DL recieved: 5/12/06
45 DL replied: 5/15/06

Last edited by a moderator:
Chocolate said:
if you have got and replied ur 45 day letter in April 2006 chances are that in 1 month or even lesser time u will get your labor approval best of luck.

Chocolate,

What's the source/basis of your prediction? You have made me very optimistic. :)

concorde said:
Chocolate,

What's the source/basis of your prediction? You have made me very optimistic. :)

it is not generaly true what chocolate said. i got my 45 days letter in early april 2006 and didn't hear anything since then. what chocolate said happened for few cases last month but this trend seems now to have stopped. i think DBEC changed its strategy and they r mainly sending out the 45 days letters and not approving a lot of cases.

45 day letter received on 03/27/2006. (deadline 05/08/2006)
Replied on 05/02/2006.
Dalls BEC received the response on 05/03/2006, 10:04AM (from Fedex tracking)

Case closed letter received today (05/15/2006). :mad: :(

Last edited by a moderator:
screen shot

i reqested so many times for screen shot to DBEC but i couldn't get any response. my pd is dec.2003. but didn't get any 45 days letter. what to do and what not to do....i don't know.i can not expect anything from my lawyer.
can any body guide me...i am so frustrated.

I feel your pain

gc_craving said:
i reqested so many times for screen shot to DBEC but i couldn't get any response. my pd is dec.2003. but didn't get any 45 days letter. what to do and what not to do....i don't know.i can not expect anything from my lawyer.
can any body guide me...i am so frustrated.

I know this is a living hell for you (and your family if you have one). Don't loose hope - BEC is a big black hole that sometimes does not let any light out - such as is the case with you.

Here are some options:
1. Hang in there and wait it out - seriously consider this one, as hard as it may be to do.
2. Look up my earlier postings - contact your local Representative. They will send in an inquirey on your behalf. The response may take some time.
3. Try requesting screen shot from PBEC (vs dallas).
4. Pray and pray hard!

God Bless.

cacanuk said:
I know this is a living hell for you (and your family if you have one). Don't loose hope - BEC is a big black hole that sometimes does not let any light out - such as is the case with you.

Here are some options:
1. Hang in there and wait it out - seriously consider this one, as hard as it may be to do.
2. Look up my earlier postings - contact your local Representative. They will send in an inquirey on your behalf. The response may take some time.
3. Try requesting screen shot from PBEC (vs dallas).
4. Pray and pray hard!

God Bless.
thanks for ur response.actually i got screen shot from PBEC twice....but both times that was of somebody else only the name was same.anyway thanks

Labor Certified

Colorado, PD Sept 03, 45 day letter received and answered 4/18/06.
Certified 5/5/06, received today 5/15/06

congrats

Mine was sent back on the same day... and i am from colorado as well. let me see how long it takes :confused:

pipeline said:
Colorado, PD Sept 03, 45 day letter received and answered 4/18/06.
Certified 5/5/06, received today 5/15/06

Musings on the immigration system

Some thoughts on the immigration process. Thinking of faxing this to the media:

President Bush, required the agencies to reduce the backlog in the immigration process to about 6 months.

The USCIS has done a remarkable job in reducing the backlog. However they have been limited by the visa numbers assigned per-year. It would make sense that a backlog reduction plan should have considered the increase in requirement of needed visa numbers. The resultant state is that the USCIS cant make any gains on backlogs because they cant approve above a certain limit per-year. A classic example of setting a goal and not having the necessary tools to execute on it.

The DOL has taken a unique approach in reducing the backlog. They introduced a new labor system called PERM that had a significant electronic filing component. The new system has certainly improved performance, albeit with initial software glitches. However the 350K odd cases in the old system have been shipped to two backlog clearance centers. These centers have no transparency and delayed quick processing by entering data into a new system and requiring acknowledgement by employers for existing applications. After 2 years, neither has the data entry been done nor the acknowledgement been completed. In effect, the 350K applicants have been swept under the rug and the DOL has declared victory with PERM. President Bush required the agencies to clear backlog by 2006 and we are far from it.

How does a 4 year backlog clearance center, take 4 years to clear the backlog? Since the BEC has had no impact on performance, wouldnt it have been better to just use the old system to clear the backlog? This has got to be the incompetence of the DOL. Unfortunately incompetence is only highlighted with crisis, like FEMA with hurricane Katrina. It may be too late for thousands of highly skilled legal immigrants and their employers in this country when someone realizes the break-down of the immigration system in this country.

Thoughts?

Labor Certified - Indiana SWA case

Yeasterday I received the final determination letter from DBEC saying that my ETA 750 has been certified. I am so happy!!! The wait of labor certificate for me has to come to an end finanlly. Detailed information is below:

ETA Case #: D-05145-xxxxx
PD: November 1, 2002
RD: Never made to the regional
EB2, RIR, Indiana SWA

45DL: Dated 12/19/2005, replied in early January 2006, DBEC recorded receipt 45DL date: 2/21/2006 (From email message Senator's office passed on). Noticed in this email DBEC had recorded my case type as TR instead of RIR, then company lawyer provided proof of filing RIR through the Senator Evan Bayh office to DBEC. Called the Senator office again on May 12, 2006 and found out that they again received email saying that the correction has been made and my case was in the queue to be processed.

Labor certified letter received on 5/15/2006, it is dated 5/10/2006

I wish everybody who is waiting to get out of this black hole receives the labor certificate ASAP! I thank for everybody's effort keeping this forum so full of helpful information.

Who Should Reply 45 Days Letter ?

Is it lawyr or employer or both should reply 45 days letter?

Friends , pls let me know ASAP.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Need advice (LC substitution) - awaitng LC approval

Hello experts,

I just needed some advice. MY lawyer has asked me whether I would want to try and switch to an already approved LC, but from a different region, based on job requirements and other criteria check. This is supposed to save me some processing time.

I wish to know how long do you estimate the LC approval should take for PD 11/2003, MI RIR.

I am not sure why I should switch at all and would not mind waiting a few months more as I have already waited for 3 yrs. I just wanted to check if the wait is anticipated to be a few months or still few years :)

Thank you.

DDL

MI RIR
PD 11/2003
D-05192-XXXXX

Notice of finding - intent to deny

Hi Experts,
Any of you aware of cases where people received notice of finding and intent to deny from BEC where the case was certified after answering with a rebuttal?
Thanks

Notice of finding - intent to deny