Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

antonioa77 said:
congrats, did ur case made it to regional level, or it was at the state level before it went ot DBEC? thanks

It was at the state level before it went to DBEC. Never made it to regional.

BEC is not consistent in entering data. The status really does not mean that much.

Is your case RIR? If yes then you should be approved as per your PD. Does your screenshot show December 2001 in Priority Date field.

kanke said:
Thanks for the response.Here are further details of my case:

I received a mail in January 2006 saying my case was closed as we did not respond to the 45 day letter which was send by BEC in August2005.I spoke with my attorney and company who assured me they will take care of it.

This April-2nd week, I had to apply for my extension ( 8th year) of visa.So I asked the attorney a proof of application and he gave me a paper titled "PERM Backlog case event"-with the ETA number and the date received etc.It also says "CASE STATUS --DATA REVIEW".

I don't know what data review means.Attorney doesn't say anything. I didnot know about the 45 day letter until I got case closed letter( I was under the impression till then I didnot get the 45 day lettter).That's why I was wondering if any one can help me figure out what is happening .
How can I know whether my case is open again.My PD is DECEMBER 2001.Any suggestions????????

Hi NKK,

Are you sure your case didn't go to Regional earlier, since I know most of the cases till May-04 in IL ,went to Regional , before transferred to DBEC. I am also in the same boat. I also received my 45 days letter last year and responded too. But the Screenshot changed to DataReview and other blank columns ,without approval yet :mad: Somany with priiority date around us from IL got approvals and some already approved in I140 too..

nkk said:
cacanuk,

I finally got my screen schot info from BEC.
I updated my signature and I saw your signature is close to mine.
Hopefully I should get my 45 day letter soon :)

Data Review does not mean your case was reopened. If BEC closes any case they should enter 'Closed' or 'Withdrawn' but again as I told before they are not consistent. In your case they entered 'Data Review', it looks like your case is fine. But you should contact your Attorney and have them confirm with BEC ASAP to make sure that, you shouldn't wait. I know how tough our Attorneys are, but this is your pain, so you have to make them work. Your Attorney easily contact them via email.

kanke said:
Thanks JewelHaque.
My case is NON_RIR.The screenshot gives December2001 as PD.The case went to regional (Dallas)in 2004.There after all the saga I said earlier.How can we know the case has been reopened.Does the data review means it has been reopened??
I read in other threads that for some people the case has not been reopened even after 6 months.
I really don't know what to do.Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

Still waiting of Labor

Still waiting for Labor........

CA RIR/EB3
PD DEC'31'2003
RD DEC'01'2004
ETA# D-05145-XXXXX (145TH DAY OF 2005 is May'25th'2005) case has been entered into Dallas Backlog system per expert
45 days letter recieved by Dallas BEC on June'23rd'2005
Case Status:RIR as of Aug'16th'2005(Screen shot from Philly)
Case Status:RIR Attorney requested/recieved from Dallas on Dec'3rd...
Case Source:STATE per screen shot from philly on AUG'16th'2005

same here

HuhGC said:
Hi NKK,

Are you sure your case didn't go to Regional earlier, since I know most of the cases till May-04 in IL ,went to Regional , before transferred to DBEC. I am also in the same boat. I also received my 45 days letter last year and responded too. But the Screenshot changed to DataReview and other blank columns ,without approval yet :mad: Somany with priiority date around us from IL got approvals and some already approved in I140 too..

Even i am in the same boat.My case was filed in May 2004 EB2 RIR IL case 45 day letter answered in Oct 2005.Case number very near to yours D-05111-xxxxx.Approval no signs .I am seeing approvals from Nov 2004. What is the advantage we got from filing before ?I am from world wide category .the only thing i am waiting for is Labor approval .Whenever i mail BEC they mail back telling that its waiting further review by Backlog center analyst.i have no chance of knowing its approved as i moved and shud blindly rely on lawyer to tell me.

Well Chocolate to be really honest there are ppl who have PD years prior to May 2004 .. like the ppl from California .... I myself from Iowa have a PD of Dec 2003 with the 45 day letter replied in march 2004 and no signs of the labor approval ....

If only the frustration is helping you in one way or the other there is no point getting messed up in the head. Just wait and be patient..... :)

Any ways there is no theory (put forward by a lot of our colleagues here ) that tells us how the BEC is processing the cases ... its just an assumption........... if their assumptions are correct a few times then there are 100's of instances where its doesn't make sense ... NO ONE KNOWS HOW BEC IS PROCESSING THE CASES ....ITS NOT FIFO FOR SURE !!!! which is evident that a lot of ppl with older PD's..... and are still waiting !! :(

Chocolate said:
Even i am in the same boat.My case was filed in May 2004 EB2 RIR IL case 45 day letter answered in Oct 2005.Case number very near to yours D-05111-xxxxx.Approval no signs .I am seeing approvals from Nov 2004. What is the advantage we got from filing before ?I am from world wide category .the only thing i am waiting for is Labor approval .Whenever i mail BEC they mail back telling that its waiting further review by Backlog center analyst.i have no chance of knowing its approved as i moved and shud blindly rely on lawyer to tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi DV,

I agree, there are even 2001/2002 cases from other states transferred to DBEC. I can feel their frustration too, when the people who applied from other states , after them getting approved.

In case of me and ofcourse chocolate and some others , we saw stream of IL cases approval whose cases transferred to DOL earlier. And even June-2004 cases from IL tranferred to DBEC got approved. But somehow, few IL cases missed this stream and we are those unfortunate guys.. Now we don't see any IL case transferred to DBEC approvals, but for other states trd to DBEC. There would be some frustration in this case. Hope you agree.

We all from DBEC should wait and watch the progress. As you said no way to predict.

Darth_Vader said:
Well Chocolate to be really honest there are ppl who have PD years prior to May 2004 .. like the ppl from California .... I myself from Iowa have a PD of Dec 2003 with the 45 day letter replied in march 2004 and no signs of the labor approval ....

If only the frustration is helping you in one way or the other there is no point getting messed up in the head. Just wait and be patient..... :)

Any ways there is no theory (put forward by a lot of our colleagues here ) that tells us how the BEC is processing the cases ... its just an assumption........... if their assumptions are correct a few times then there are 100's of instances where its doesn't make sense ... NO ONE KNOWS HOW BEC IS PROCESSING THE CASES ....ITS NOT FIFO FOR SURE !!!! which is evident that a lot of ppl with older PD's..... and are still waiting !! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Chocolate said:
And FYI , I have been waiting in PBEC with CA, EB-2 RIR with PD of 11/2002. There are many more ahead of me.

I can understand your frustration but you will not gain anything.

Good Luck

abysmal performance of the DOL-BECs

It seems to me that on the whole we are alone in this struggle, the media isn't aware, nor is the public and few public officials know.

Surely we all favor Legal immigrants should come before Illegal ones, we obeyed the laws and came here correctly!

I applaud the efforts of Immigration Voice in their attempts to increase awareness.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=617

please click on the link and help in their automated campaign of allerting the White House, the Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao, and the Senate, House subcommittees on Immigration.

IV decided to step up a campaign to bring attention to the abysmal performance of the DOL-BECs. We know that lawsuits have not had an effect, and that DOL is taking the position that all is proceeding as planned -- we want to bring pressure directly on DOL and through the White House and Congress.

How Can I Send the Fax?

a) Login,
b) click on the 'Home' link on the top of the page,
c) then click on the 'WebFax' link on the left hand side menu options,
d) enter your information,
e) Select webfax # 14 and your state
f) Send the fax

Thats it, a total of 5 clicks!

Who Is The Fax Going To?

This fax is going to go the White House, the Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao, and the Senate, House subcommittees on Immigration.

Just made contribution to the IV team effort.

Pegasus503 said:
It seems to me that on the whole we are alone in this struggle, the media isn't aware, nor is the public and few public officials know.

Surely we all favor Legal immigrants should come before Illegal ones, we obeyed the laws and came here correctly!

I applaud the efforts of Immigration Voice in their attempts to increase awareness.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=617

please click on the link and help in their automated campaign of allerting the White House, the Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao, and the Senate, House subcommittees on Immigration.

IV decided to step up a campaign to bring attention to the abysmal performance of the DOL-BECs. We know that lawsuits have not had an effect, and that DOL is taking the position that all is proceeding as planned -- we want to bring pressure directly on DOL and through the White House and Congress.

How Can I Send the Fax?

a) Login,
b) click on the 'Home' link on the top of the page,
c) then click on the 'WebFax' link on the left hand side menu options,
d) enter your information,
e) Select webfax # 14 and your state
f) Send the fax

Thats it, a total of 5 clicks!

Who Is The Fax Going To?

This fax is going to go the White House, the Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao, and the Senate, House subcommittees on Immigration.

Well said. All show support by making contribution to the IV team. I just made mine of $$$.

Any EB-2/CA/RIR approvals?

Hi,
Seems like 2004/EB2/CA/RIR cases are getting approvals from DBEC. Any cases from 2002 still waiting? I am wondering if I should start looking at PERM as an option. The email reply from DBEC shows case status as "Data Review" since I asked my attorney to first send email back in Jan 2006.

EB2/CA/RIR/PD Jul 2002
45 day letter received and replied Feb 2005.
D-04320-xxxxx

Same here

RajWaitingonLCA said:
Still waiting for Labor........

CA RIR/EB3
PD DEC'31'2003
RD DEC'01'2004
ETA# D-05145-XXXXX (145TH DAY OF 2005 is May'25th'2005) case has been entered into Dallas Backlog system per expert
45 days letter recieved by Dallas BEC on June'23rd'2005
Case Status:RIR as of Aug'16th'2005(Screen shot from Philly)
Case Status:RIR Attorney requested/recieved from Dallas on Dec'3rd...
Case Source:STATE per screen shot from philly on AUG'16th'2005

PD May 2002, CA Still waiting

I am in the same boat.

PD 28-May-2002
RD 14-Apr-2003
BEC Case# D-05336-XXXX
Rcd 45 Letter 10-Jan-06
45 Day lett4er Replied 17-Jan-06
EB3 - RIR

caeb2rir said:
Hi,
Seems like 2004/EB2/CA/RIR cases are getting approvals from DBEC. Any cases from 2002 still waiting? I am wondering if I should start looking at PERM as an option. The email reply from DBEC shows case status as "Data Review" since I asked my attorney to first send email back in Jan 2006.

EB2/CA/RIR/PD Jul 2002
D-04320-xxxxx

copies of resumes in petition causing delay for some cases ???

An individual quite experienced in employment based labor process (not a lawer though) told me that labor petitions, which had no copies of any resumes attached to it are adjucated rapidly while those petitions that include any resume (even the non relevant ones) are scrutinized more thoroughly and may cause delay.

I know some lawers attach all resumes which are received in response to the advertisement with the petition (I know mine did, even though none of the respondents had necessary education as per the ad). As you can see I am still waiting for a decision on my case.......while one of my co-workers with very similar job description as mine, with PD 1 month before mine received his approval 5 months ago (he had no resumes in his petition). We both had wage related NOF at state.

People with older priority dates who saw their petition can comment on this....Does this makes any sense whatsoever ??

Can anyone do some analysis/comparision to find out how many California cases are approved so far as compared to cases from Texas and other states in DBEC?
It looks like they are not approving many CA cases...!!

This is a new theory to me. Isn't an attorney required to submit resumes that meet the minimum requirement? He may say that after phone or on-site interviews nobody meets the requirement, but proving not even a resume does could potentially raise a red flag especially for lower level positions. Also for my case I don't even know if my attorney sent any resumes or not, but my boss did call at least 5 people - he honestly wanted to hire somebody but couldn't find any :)

However, having seen DOL for the past years, nothing surprises me any more.

Quo_vadimus said:
An individual quite experienced in employment based labor process (not a lawer though) told me that labor petitions, which had no copies of any resumes attached to it are adjucated rapidly while those petitions that include any resume (even the non relevant ones) are scrutinized more thoroughly and may cause delay.

People with older priority dates who saw their petition can comment on this....Does this makes any sense whatsoever ??

Zgreen said:
This is a new theory to me. Isn't an attorney required to submit resumes that meet the minimum requirement? He may say that after phone or on-site interviews nobody meets the requirement, but proving not even a resume does could potentially raise a red flag especially for lower level positions. Also for my case I don't even know if my attorney sent any resumes or not, but my boss did call at least 5 people - he honestly wanted to hire somebody but couldn't find any :)

However, having seen DOL for the past years, nothing surprises me any more.
I don't think the DOL requires the resumes to be submitted. When my Manager talked with the SWA (before filing for LC) in Austin, Tx, they had told him not to submit it but to hold on to it and have it ready to be submitted in case DOL asks for it.

caeb2rir said:
Hi,

EB2/CA/RIR/PD Jul 2002
D-04320-xxxxx

r u sure your case was not remanded back to state to be processed as non-rir, I seriously don't want to scare you, but there were cases filed around APr-May/Aug 02, which were remanded back to state...

try to find out more info from your lawyer regarding the remanded thing...
just make it is not remanded, if it is not remanded, you have a pretty good chance of being approved...

my 2 cents...

Hi HuhGC,

Mine didn't go to Regional. I wish that would have been the case :) Atleast you got the 45DL I didn't even get that. I just got an email 2 days ago from status@phi.dflc.us with my case number and other details. When I tried through my attorney a month ago they provided a snapshot with a T-XXXXX-XXXXX number. It looks like they just entered my full data now.