Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Is there anyone who got recently 45 day letter from DBEC ?
I did not see anyone who reported about getting 45 DL more than 3 weeks.
Did they stop to generate them ?

jyx said:
My screenshot says" Case source=RIR",and my number is "T-05216-xxxxx". I don't think I have received 45-notice yet, at least not according to my lawyer, but I saw some post saying that " Case source=RIR" means 45 notice is replied. Could anyone explain it for me? Thanks in advance!

How about my "T-xxxxx-xxxxxx" number? Does T mean "data-not-entered-yet"? Thanks

case status = RIR means 45DL replied & received by BPC ;
& case source can be either state or region but not RIR.

question for sfmars

sfmars said:
Is there anyone who got recently 45 day letter from DBEC ?
I did not see anyone who reported about getting 45 DL more than 3 weeks.
Did they stop to generate them ?

Hey sfmars,
My PD is also 11/2003 MI EB3. I'm just curious if u've received u're 45 day letter yet. Pls let me know

record from ETA shows processing type is TR, why not RIR?

my case is still in data review status only.
PD: 06/30/2004
state: CA
No 45 days letter yet.

but why my processing type is TR instead of RIR? My case is RIR EB2, I have the receipt from state LC office confirmed that. But why my processing type is not RIR in the ETA database? because they did not input all the data in the database? anyone has similar situation? should I contact them to correct the data?

thanks a lot!

goingtocanada said:
Hey sfmars,
My PD is also 11/2003 MI EB3. I'm just curious if u've received u're 45 day letter yet. Pls let me know

goingtocanada,

When I get 45DL or approval I will change my signature and let everybody know.

A letter from a congressman

Sent : Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:40 PM
To : <XXXXXXXXX@hotmail.com>
Subject : A message from Congressman Pete Stark

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me about H-1B visas. We agree!

I believe concerns about a "shortage" of high-tech employees are misleading.
If certain skills become scarce relative to demand, then salary offers for
those jobs will increase, enticing more people to acquire those skills. The
real problem is that with our abysmal education system, Americans are left
unable to compete for high-skill jobs. In cases where American workers are
unavailable for a particular job, I support significantly raising fees
charged to companies who use H-1B visas and dedicating the money to science and math education.

Sincerely,

Pete Stark
Member of Congress

FHS/bjk

Confirmation # XXXXXXX

I cannot guarantee the integrity of this message. If this message has been
forwarded it may have been modified from its original content.

Guys,

Any latest news from House ? As per immigration-law.com this bill is on the table now for the debate on the House floor..... Please update if you will get any info..

Thanks,

sfmars said:
goingtocanada,

When I get 45DL or approval I will change my signature and let everybody know.

well, thanks for the reply. Your answer could have been less cynical for those of us not familier with looking at signatures, but thanks anyways.

address change AR-11

My case is in the backlog center and meanwhile i've changed address but did not send form AR-11 (Change of address) to INS. Is that going to be a problem?

How many of you out here have always sent in AR-11 whenever u've moved??

Last edited by a moderator:
goingtocanada said:
My case is in the backlog center and meanwhile i've changed address but did not send form AR-11 (Change of address) to INS. Is that going to be a problem?

How many of you out here have always sent in AR-11 whenever u've moved??

GogingtoCanada,
Its not too late to file one immediately. One has to file AR-11/AR-11SR within 10 days of address change. But, better late then never.!!!

Read the repercussions of not filing AR-11 or AR-11SR at all.

Failure to file form AR-11 is a misdemeanor and can result in a jail term of up to 30 days and/or a fine of up to $200. Failure to file can also result in an individual being taken into custody and removed from the United States.

Filing of form AR-11 does not inform INS adjudications centers of your address. Hence, if you have an application pending at a local or regional INS adjudications center, you must also inform that office separately of your change of address to ensure proper communication regarding your filings.

Form AR-11 requires you to report your name, immigration status (visitor, permanent resident, student, other), country of citizenship, date of birth, present and previous address, name and address of employer or school, port of entry into the U.S., date of entry into the U.S., and the date your stay in the U.S. expires. Each non-U.S. citizen member of your family should file the form upon relocation within the U.S. Form AR-11 SR requires the same information as form AR-11 with the addition of your Fingerprint Identification Number (FIN). An individual obtains a FIN upon Special Registration. Your FIN is written on your I-94 card.

GCCovet said:
GogingtoCanada,
Its not too late to file one immediately. One has to file AR-11/AR-11SR within 10 days of address change. But, better late then never.!!!

Read the repercussions of not filing AR-11 or AR-11SR at all.

Failure to file form AR-11 is a misdemeanor and can result in a jail term of up to 30 days and/or a fine of up to $200. Failure to file can also result in an individual being taken into custody and removed from the United States.

Filing of form AR-11 does not inform INS adjudications centers of your address. Hence, if you have an application pending at a local or regional INS adjudications center, you must also inform that office separately of your change of address to ensure proper communication regarding your filings.

Form AR-11 requires you to report your name, immigration status (visitor, permanent resident, student, other), country of citizenship, date of birth, present and previous address, name and address of employer or school, port of entry into the U.S., date of entry into the U.S., and the date your stay in the U.S. expires. Each non-U.S. citizen member of your family should file the form upon relocation within the U.S. Form AR-11 SR requires the same information as form AR-11 with the addition of your Fingerprint Identification Number (FIN). An individual obtains a FIN upon Special Registration. Your FIN is written on your I-94 card.

Thanks for the info GCCovet.

SWA cases

Has anyone heard anything about the SWA cases yet? I have a prioroty date in September, 2002. It makes me jealous of those cases that have a much later priority date and yet made to regional.

Last edited by a moderator:
swa cases

pangmao said:
Has anyone heard anything about the SWA cases yet? I have a prioroty date in September, 2002. It makes me jealous of those cases that have a much later priority date and yet made to regional.

pangmao, while we have gotten reports of certain SWA cases been approved, they completely randomly ordered. Some from 2002 and even 2003. DOL is completely unpredictable there.

H.R. 4241 Update (Source - http://www.immigration-law.com)

H.R. 4241 Update (Source - http://www.immigration-law.com)

The House has yet to debate this bill even though it was laid on table this afternoon. The House may or may not return to the session this evening. If they don't, they will pick it up early tomorrow. If they do, they are expected to have two hours of debate before they get into roll calls for this bill. It appears that the House resolution on this bill indicates that amendments may not be allowed on the floor for this bill, and it is almost certain that the House will pass H.R. 4241 without the S. 1932 immigration package.
Since the budget reconciliation bills are expected to move to the Senate-House conference committee which is yet to be formed by the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate, people are encouraged to keep sending support letters to the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate plus members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Budget Committee, especially the bill sponsors, to adopt the S.1932 Section 8001 and Section 8002. Traditionally, the Speaker and the President have been nominating the conference members mostly from the members of the Committees in each House that passed the conflicting bills. Please do not give up yet. The fight is not over. Remember Yogi Berra? It ain't over till it is over. Please do not loosen your "bite!" Business and academic communities are extremely important for the last minute push, and we urge each of you to contact your employers to keep contacting these Senators and Congress people starting early tomorrow morning.

goingtocanada said:
well, thanks for the reply. Your answer could have been less cynical for those of us not familier with looking at signatures, but thanks anyways.
sfmas does a wonderful job maintaining the tracker, I am sure I speak for all expressing my gratitude for the time and very valuable information he provides.

goingtocanada….lighten up....go back and re-read his post, like many people who "post", when "signing-off" he includes his case status, the last line says

"45 Day Letter: Not yet"

How much clearer could he be?

Concerning AR-11..each and every time I have moved (3 times) I have been sure to file, including my dependants (wife & kids). My reasoning was that the penalty is high enough to indicate the seriousness of the matter, moreover I didn’t want any of my filed paperwork to be incomplete or incorrect. In the current climate and environment my attorney strongly advised me to file everytime I’ve moved. Back before the “Yates memo” and annual renewals of H1B beyond the 6th year was resolved, many of us risked going out of status. My attorney suggested at that time being a “fully documented alien” could prove significant, whether he was right is academic, I just wanted to ensure I was fully documented. Moreover I wanted to demonstrate that I was a good “law abiding” candidate, in particular when questioned or interviewed I want to be able to give an honest answer. I’d strongly suggest that we all ensure our filings are correct and up to date, including tax returns.

Attention newbies;

We are all here because we are suitably qualified, that means at sometime we did some studying and research. I am amazed at the questions often posted here, and the lack of initiative to do some basic research, or people just being to lazy to look for themselves.

Here’s a few suggestions,

Read the FAQs
Use the “search” facility
Read old postings

I know there are 600 pages now, but there are some nuggets of information that I wager your HR people don’t know, and might even surprise your attorney. You’ll see how matters have evolved and how clarity has come in many matters, and you'll find links to other sources.

You’ll meet Icarus (God bless you where ever you are Sir) and many other Gurus.

If nothing else consider this challenge I offer you, if your green card is really important to you, then surely you would invest the time to not just get an opinion to your lazy question, but thoroughly research and find out for yourself.

I don’t wish to be rude, but as I read the posts, in particular considering the magnitude of the seriousness of subject. I find I ask myself, "would I employ a person who shows their ignorance and laziness by asking questions that have already been answered many times?".

Phew…I feel better now I’ve got that off my chest….cheaper than therapy...lol…no offense meant to anyone.

….did someone else mention posting “off subject / wrong category” messages…..lmao …I'll let other people deal with their pet annoyance.

Good luck to all

Signature follows.

User Name Pegasus503
SWA DATE (PD) 25-Nov-02
DOL RD 21-Nov-03
SWA California
EB2 or EB3 EB3
RIR or Regular RIR
Transferred From San Francisco DOL
BPC Letter Received 11-Feb-05
ETA # D-04320-01XXX
BPC Letter Replied 23-Feb-05
Case Status Letter Received
Notice of finding Yes (Nov 03) – employer had to confirm details of advertising of the post... periodical’s, # of ads, wording etc

waiting 1088 days
2 years, 11 months, 23 days

11/17/2005 (9:00 p.m.): House Returned to Session and Currently Debates H.R. 4241

The House returned to the session at about 8:16 p.m. (EST) and started debating H.R. 4241. Please stay tuned to this web site for the House action tonight.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

gth999 said:
Thats an excellent question. JustWatching is adding a new column “Query” to his tracker. Probably he would be able to answer this (at least guess). As of now I dont have any idea. Even I am in the same boat with a query at the state level and LC still pending. PD is SEP 2003.

Same here. Received a query (prevailing wage related) from IL SWA in Feb 2005 and replied immediately. In April 2005, employer received the 45 day letter from DBEC which makes me think IL SWA okayed it and sent it to regional and hence I am through state. Am I correct in this assumption?

IL EB3 RIR
PD Apr 2004
IL SWA Query Feb 2005
45 Day letter Apr 2005

Need some guidance.

My labor application was filed in MI in April'2004 in EB3. I have been told by my company that my application was transferred to Dallas BPC. My state labor also hasn't been cleared. What is going to happen? Will I get labor clearance in one go sometime in near future. Is there no state and fedral labor clearance now?Altenatively can anybody suggest me what I should be doing. Should I go in for :confused PERM under EB2 ( I fulfil the criteria) again? Can I do this even my labor is currently pending under EB3.

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks :confused:

missingPD said:
Hi,

My lawyer asked for screen shot to Dallas BEC just to make sure that case is alive. They sent the screen shot. Some of the fields are filled up but many are empty. Especially "Priority Date" field is empty. I am worried why it is empty. Can anybody please tell me what does it mean when some of the fields are empty?

Here are the fields from the screen shot I received.
ETA Case Number: T-05208-XXXXX (I did not see any post with T-* number so far)
Processing Type: Empty
Emplyoyer Name: It is there.
Occupation Title: Empty
Rate of Pay: Empty
Alien Name: My last name is there.
Nationality or Citizenship: Empty
Case Received Date: 11/29/2004
Case Status: Empty
Priority Date: Empty
Case Source: Empty
Business Activity: Empty
Occupation Code: Empty
Prevailing Wage: Empty
Visa Type: Empty
Data Entry Assigned to: Empty
Processing Center: Dallas Backlog Elimination Center

It is an RIR. Can somebody with experience give me an insight about this screen shot?

Thank you!

:confused:

Did you receive your 45 day letter?

One Step Closer

House Passed H.R. 4241 by Vote 217-215 at 01:41 a.m. Today

The House debated all night last night and finally passed this bill by hair-thin close vote of 217 yeas and 215 nays at close to 2 O'clock this morning without amendment for the immigration bills.
Read and help the immigration community's last minute effort

Source : http://www.immigration-law.com/

This is one step closer.

Still S.1932 Bill pending which has a clause that allows to file I485, Even Priority Date is Not Current.

Guys,

Go to the below website and support S.1932 bill by sending faxes to congressman and senators in your area. send as many faxes you can , we need everyones support. free web fax available in the site. very easy to send web faxes.

http://www.isnamerica.org/home.asp