Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Pegasus503 said:
Attention newbies;

We are all here because we are suitably qualified, that means at sometime we did some studying and research. I am amazed at the questions often posted here, and the lack of initiative to do some basic research, or people just being to lazy to look for themselves.

Here’s a few suggestions,

Read the FAQs
Use the “search” facility
Read old postings

I know there are 600 pages now, but there are some nuggets of information that I wager your HR people don’t know, and might even surprise your attorney. You’ll see how matters have evolved and how clarity has come in many matters, and you'll find links to other sources.

You’ll meet Icarus (God bless you where ever you are Sir) and many other Gurus.

If nothing else consider this challenge I offer you, if your green card is really important to you, then surely you would invest the time to not just get an opinion to your lazy question, but thoroughly research and find out for yourself.

I don’t wish to be rude, but as I read the posts, in particular considering the magnitude of the seriousness of subject. I find I ask myself, "would I employ a person who shows their ignorance and laziness by asking questions that have already been answered many times?".

Phew…I feel better now I’ve got that off my chest….cheaper than therapy...lol…no offense meant to anyone.

….did someone else mention posting “off subject / wrong category” messages…..lmao …I'll let other people deal with their pet annoyance.

Good luck to all

Signature follows.

User Name Pegasus503
SWA DATE (PD) 25-Nov-02
DOL RD 21-Nov-03
SWA California
EB2 or EB3 EB3
RIR or Regular RIR
Transferred From San Francisco DOL
BPC Letter Received 11-Feb-05
ETA # D-04320-01XXX
BPC Letter Replied 23-Feb-05
Case Status Letter Received
Notice of finding Yes (Nov 03) – employer had to confirm details of advertising of the post... periodical’s, # of ads, wording etc

waiting 1088 days
2 years, 11 months, 23 days

I 100% concur with Pegasus503. Not to be rude, but please help yourself and others by reading FAQ before posting questions.

H.R. 4241 PASSED. Our effort paid off, but more action needed

[H.R. 4241 PASSED. Our effort paid off, but more action needed]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To re-iterate, Bill S.1932 deals with Budge Reconciliation and its immigration packet has a clause that allows filing I-485 regardless of visa number availability as well as obtaining EAD and Advanced Parole with the pending I-485.

Though S. 1932 was passed on 11/3/05 in the Senate and its similar House version H.R. 4241 barely passed on 11/18 (217-215). The immigration clause in S.1932 can't be enacted and acted upon unless it is approved by both the Senate and the House. What's the next legislative step you might ask?

Conference Committee consisted of Senators and House Representatives still need to reconcile the differences between H.R. 4241 and S. 1932. The process of drafting the uniform bill could potentially leave out the clause relevant in relieving visa retrogression.

Everyone looking at this list should help out and write/fax/call the Congressional delegates in the Senate and the House because anti-immigration force would also lobby hard to get the Congressman to not inclulde the clause related to resolving visa retrogression, which many readers in this forum desperately need.

Please ask your friends and family members (i.e. parents, spouse, brothers and sisters) to write/fax/phone to your Congressional Delegates TODAY to show the support of S.1932.

There is a free service provided at http://www.IsnAmerica.org that allows you to efficiently send however many faxes to members of the Senate/House using the WebFax Service. The registration only takes a minute and you can send the faxes to ALL Senators and House of Representatives in your state who are undecided or pro-immigration with just a simple click of a button. My friend and I have used it and it works nicely.

For your information, the list below shows the leaders in the House and Senate and they may have profound influence on the committee member selection as Speaker of the House names the members for the conference. Since the WebFax can easily fax to all members of the Senate and the House, it is worth faxing to all members in your state and then call up the leaders at Congressional switchboard at 202-224-3121 to show your support and express your concerns.

***** LEADERS IN THE HOUSE *****
- Dennis Hastert (R-IL) -- Speaker of the House
- Roy Blunt (R-MO) -- Majority Leader
- Deborah Pryce (R-OH) -- Republican Conference Chair
- Jim Nussle (R-IA) -- Chair of Budget Committee Chair
- Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) -- Chair of Judiciary Committee
- Lamar Smith (R-TX) -- Senior Member of the Judiciary Committee

***** LEADERS IN THE SENATE *****
- Bill Frist (R-TN) -- Majority Leader
- Mitch McConnell (R-KY) -- Majority Whip
- Jon Kyl (R-AZ) -- Republican Policy Committee Chair
- Arlen Specter (R-PA) -- Chair of the Judiciary Committee
- Judd Gregg (R-NH) -- Chair of the Budget Committee
(source - Hammond Law Group update)

It will be tremendous help if all readers of the forum send the faxes (from states covering the leaders as well) because the anti-immigration lobbyists might have similar tools and/or better experience in organizing their campaigns.

Thanks!!

Please support - S.1932

I have done that twice already.
We are almost close to achieving what we want - please take some time and support the cause.

Choclito said:
[H.R. 4241 PASSED. Our effort paid off, but more action needed]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To re-iterate, Bill S.1932 deals with Budge Reconciliation and its immigration packet has a clause that allows filing I-485 regardless of visa number availability as well as obtaining EAD and Advanced Parole with the pending I-485.

Though S. 1932 was passed on 11/3/05 in the Senate and its similar House version H.R. 4241 barely passed on 11/18 (217-215). The immigration clause in S.1932 can't be enacted and acted upon unless it is approved by both the Senate and the House. What's the next legislative step you might ask?

Conference Committee consisted of Senators and House Representatives still need to reconcile the differences between H.R. 4241 and S. 1932. The process of drafting the uniform bill could potentially leave out the clause relevant in relieving visa retrogression.

Everyone looking at this list should help out and write/fax/call the Congressional delegates in the Senate and the House because anti-immigration force would also lobby hard to get the Congressman to not inclulde the clause related to resolving visa retrogression, which many readers in this forum desperately need.

Please ask your friends and family members (i.e. parents, spouse, brothers and sisters) to write/fax/phone to your Congressional Delegates TODAY to show the support of S.1932.

There is a free service provided at http://www.IsnAmerica.org that allows you to efficiently send however many faxes to members of the Senate/House using the WebFax Service. The registration only takes a minute and you can send the faxes to ALL Senators and House of Representatives in your state who are undecided or pro-immigration with just a simple click of a button. My friend and I have used it and it works nicely.

For your information, the list below shows the leaders in the House and Senate and they may have profound influence on the committee member selection as Speaker of the House names the members for the conference. Since the WebFax can easily fax to all members of the Senate and the House, it is worth faxing to all members in your state and then call up the leaders at Congressional switchboard at 202-224-3121 to show your support and express your concerns.

***** LEADERS IN THE HOUSE *****
- Dennis Hastert (R-IL) -- Speaker of the House
- Roy Blunt (R-MO) -- Majority Leader
- Deborah Pryce (R-OH) -- Republican Conference Chair
- Jim Nussle (R-IA) -- Chair of Budget Committee Chair
- Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) -- Chair of Judiciary Committee
- Lamar Smith (R-TX) -- Senior Member of the Judiciary Committee

***** LEADERS IN THE SENATE *****
- Bill Frist (R-TN) -- Majority Leader
- Mitch McConnell (R-KY) -- Majority Whip
- Jon Kyl (R-AZ) -- Republican Policy Committee Chair
- Arlen Specter (R-PA) -- Chair of the Judiciary Committee
- Judd Gregg (R-NH) -- Chair of the Budget Committee
(source - Hammond Law Group update)

It will be tremendous help if all readers of the forum send the faxes (from states covering the leaders as well) because the anti-immigration lobbyists might have similar tools and/or better experience in organizing their campaigns.

Thanks!!

Tracker

Please add the following to the tracker:

LA-RIR-EB2
PD: Feb-04
RD: Feb-04
ETA Case number: D-04267-XXXXX
45 Days Letter Reply: Jan 2005

S.1932
Title: An original bill to provide for reconciliation pursuant to section 202(a) of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2006 (H. Con. Res. 95).
Sponsor: Sen Gregg, Judd [NH] (introduced 10/27/2005) Cosponsors (None)
Related Bills: H.R.4241
Latest Major Action: 11/18/2005 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On passage Passed without objection.

... does this mean it's been passed

goingtocanada said:
S.1932
Title: An original bill to provide for reconciliation pursuant to section 202(a) of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2006 (H. Con. Res. 95).
Latest Major Action: 11/18/2005 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On passage Passed without objection.

Can somebody elaborate as to what this means?

My understanding is that H.R.4241 talks only about budegt issues. S.1932 deals mainly about budget issues, but has a section 8000 (?) favoring retrogression, h1-b visa etc pro-immigration stuff. The thing is they raise fees for various visas, thus increase the revenue of the goverment. (Yes, reducing the huge deficit of the goverment by robbing us.) Now the house and the senate will form a committee to do reconciliation of the difference of the two bills. It is to our interest to lobby to add the pro-immigration sections from S.1932 into the final ones going to the president for signature to become law. Only then, we will benefit from it. I will later post a reference of the committee where we should call, fax and sent emails. It is absolutely to our interest to lobby those committee members -- senator or representative in your state to add the pro-immigration section into the final bill for signature. Right now, it is so close to be a law, we should all act now.

goingtocanada said:
S.1932

One more update:

Section 8001 and section 8002 are the sections in S.1932. They are added as a means to relieve the huge budget deficit. It is not as easy probably as you would think that the committe will add them to the final bill waiting for president. In fact, pro immigration force tried to add similar sections to H.R.4241 but never get it there. Thus it is still hard to see whether sections 8001/2 of S.1932 will be merged. The chance may not be good if we don't act now. What you can be sure is that anti-immigration bodies are acting quickly and professionally.

xterm said:
My understanding is that H.R.4241 talks only about budegt issues. S.1932 deals mainly about budget issues, but has a section 8000 (?) favoring retrogression, h1-b visa etc pro-immigration stuff. The thing is they raise fees for various visas, thus increase the revenue of the goverment. (Yes, reducing the huge deficit of the goverment by robbing us.) Now the house and the senate will form a committee to do reconciliation of the difference of the two bills. It is to our interest to lobby to add the pro-immigration sections from S.1932 into the final ones going to the president for signature to become law. Only then, we will benefit from it. I will later post a reference of the committee where we should call, fax and sent emails. It is absolutely to our interest to lobby those committee members -- senator or representative in your state to add the pro-immigration section into the final bill for signature. Right now, it is so close to be a law, we should all act now.

Pegasus503 said:
sfmas does a wonderful job maintaining the tracker, I am sure I speak for all expressing my gratitude for the time and very valuable information he provides.

goingtocanada….lighten up....go back and re-read his post, like many people who "post", when "signing-off" he includes his case status, the last line says

"45 Day Letter: Not yet"

How much clearer could he be?

Concerning AR-11..each and every time I have moved (3 times) I have been sure to file, including my dependants (wife & kids). My reasoning was that the penalty is high enough to indicate the seriousness of the matter, moreover I didn’t want any of my filed paperwork to be incomplete or incorrect. In the current climate and environment my attorney strongly advised me to file everytime I’ve moved. Back before the “Yates memo” and annual renewals of H1B beyond the 6th year was resolved, many of us risked going out of status. My attorney suggested at that time being a “fully documented alien” could prove significant, whether he was right is academic, I just wanted to ensure I was fully documented. Moreover I wanted to demonstrate that I was a good “law abiding” candidate, in particular when questioned or interviewed I want to be able to give an honest answer. I’d strongly suggest that we all ensure our filings are correct and up to date, including tax returns.

Attention newbies;

We are all here because we are suitably qualified, that means at sometime we did some studying and research. I am amazed at the questions often posted here, and the lack of initiative to do some basic research, or people just being to lazy to look for themselves.

Here’s a few suggestions,

Read the FAQs
Use the “search” facility
Read old postings

I know there are 600 pages now, but there are some nuggets of information that I wager your HR people don’t know, and might even surprise your attorney. You’ll see how matters have evolved and how clarity has come in many matters, and you'll find links to other sources.

You’ll meet Icarus (God bless you where ever you are Sir) and many other Gurus.

If nothing else consider this challenge I offer you, if your green card is really important to you, then surely you would invest the time to not just get an opinion to your lazy question, but thoroughly research and find out for yourself.

I don’t wish to be rude, but as I read the posts, in particular considering the magnitude of the seriousness of subject. I find I ask myself, "would I employ a person who shows their ignorance and laziness by asking questions that have already been answered many times?".

Phew…I feel better now I’ve got that off my chest….cheaper than therapy...lol…no offense meant to anyone.

….did someone else mention posting “off subject / wrong category” messages…..lmao …I'll let other people deal with their pet annoyance.

Good luck to all

Signature follows.

User Name Pegasus503
SWA DATE (PD) 25-Nov-02
DOL RD 21-Nov-03
SWA California
EB2 or EB3 EB3
RIR or Regular RIR
Transferred From San Francisco DOL
BPC Letter Received 11-Feb-05
ETA # D-04320-01XXX
BPC Letter Replied 23-Feb-05
Case Status Letter Received
Notice of finding Yes (Nov 03) – employer had to confirm details of advertising of the post... periodical’s, # of ads, wording etc

waiting 1088 days
2 years, 11 months, 23 days

Pegasus:

Ditto ! You snatched the words out of my mouth.

As much as we all try to help each other on this wonderful forum it does help if you try earnestly to dig up the basic info on the threads and FAQ before posting a question. That is the least you would expect from some one new to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
goingtocanada said:
S.1932

Passage of H.R. 4241 - What Does It Mean to Me?

Apparently there are some people in the immigrant community who misunderstand that the immigrant visa and H-1B recaptures or spouse/children special provisions may take effect soon. Passage of H.R. 4241 does not mean that the immigration bills have also passed the House. The H.R. 4241, unlike the Senate S.1932, did not include the immigration bills. Then why did the immigrant community monitor the passage of this bill? Both S. 1932 of the Senate and H.R. 4241 are two different versions of the same legislation named Omnibus Deficit Reduction Act ( also called Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) and unless the House bill, H.R. 4241, passes, the process of conference to compromise between the House bill and the Senate bill will not be commenced. Since the House bill did not include the immigration packet, while the Senate bill included immigration packet, the immigrant community wanted to see that the conference process would start as early as possible so that they will know whether the Congress will eventually accept the S. 1932 immigration packet and legislate it into a law.
In this regard, the passage of H.R. 4241 is not the end but the beginning of the process to get the Senate S.1932 immigration recapture bill be passed as part of the final version of the Ominibus Deficit Reduction Act. The Congress will go into the Thanksgiving holiday recess from next week and no voting sessions will start until next month. Due to another big holidays ahead, Christritmas and New Year, the Congress will have a very limited time to wrap up the legislative activities of the First Session of the 109th Congress. Report indicates that the conference process is likely to start next month when the Congress returns to the Hill. Since this is the beginning of the process to get the immigration bills accepted by the both Houses, the business, academic, and immigrant communities should expand their efforts for the next one week or so in order to assure that the current immigration clog be relieved as soon as possible.

gcWudBeHere said:
Please add the following to the tracker:

LA-RIR-EB2
PD: Feb-04
RD: Feb-04
ETA Case number: D-04267-XXXXX
45 Days Letter Reply: Jan 2005

Well, finally, today, after all this 4.5 years waiting, I got a phone call from my lawyer stated that my LC been approved. It turned out that my case just sit over there without any touch for couple of years, it turned yellowish, it caused the bad smell spreaded over the whole BEC room. Finally, the firefighter came and found out that it was because of my case paper, and the CSR finished my case within 0.00001 sec.

Cheers to other people (I am not that happy though after this loooong waiting), I know I am the oldest guy with the most patience here.

Anyway, to share my info:
PD: July, 2001
Regional: July, 2003
ETA Case number: D-04287-XXXXX
45 Loved letter Replied Jan 2005

davidyee said:
Well, finally, today, after all this 4.5 years waiting, I got a phone call from my lawyer stated that my LC been approved. It turned out that my case just sit over there without any touch for couple of years, it turned yellowish, it caused the bad smell spreaded over the whole BEC room. Finally, the firefighter came and found out that it was because of my case paper, and the CSR finished my case within 0.00001 sec.

Cheers to other people (I am not that happy though after this loooong waiting), I know I am the oldest guy with the most patience here.

Anyway, to share my info:
PD: July, 2001
Regional: July, 2003
ETA Case number: D-04287-XXXXX
45 Loved letter Replied Jan 2005

Congratulations!!!

Did you have NOF/ request for additional information at the state level?

data review status

my case has PD 12/2002, RIR, CA, replied 45 letter to Dallas in Jan., but the status is still "data review". According to this thread, "data review" means the data entry is complete and wait for response from 45 letter??? Does that mean they didn't receive the 45 letter response? If so, the case should be closed after 45 days, right? Why is it still show "data review"? so confused .... Is there anybody in the same situation? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
UG. said:
Congratulations!!!

Did you have NOF/ request for additional information at the state level?

Nop, only received a forwarded email from BEC confirmed my company's address shortly before thay approved my case. State level, none.
HTH

Recommended/Non Recommended

davidyee said:
Nop, only received a forwarded email from BEC confirmed my company's address shortly before thay approved my case. State level, none.
HTH

Hi davidyee,

First of all take my cordial congratulations

Having analyzed your previous posts especialy this one from 10/19/2004
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=930512&postcount=363

I understood that you case was filed to SWA as RIR with PD Jul 2001, but SWA made a conclusion that your case can not be considered as RIR and proposed to Texas DOL (made a mark on your case) to consider one as TR traditional.

Please correct me if I have wrong logic.

But if it is true or close to be true, my understanding is that your case was treated by DBEC as traditional and your got kind of NOF (it is NOF from my point of view, because it was not straight forward ).

If it is not bothering you could you post information regarding your case in the NON RIR dicussion forum, people are really desperate there.

I want to share this good news with all of this forum people.....thanks for all your support........

Today i reecived FINAL DETERMINATION LETTER THROUGH POSTAL MAIL FROM DFLC BACKLOG ELIMINATION CENTER ( Big White envelope)

POSTAL MAILED DATE: 11/16/2005

Approval DAte: Nov 10, 2005

Date of Acceptance for Processing: November 13, 2003

Details Of Letter:

The department of labor has made a final determination on your application for Employment Certification Pursuant to Title 20, Code pf Federal Regulations, Part 656 and as required by the Immigration and natinality Act, as amended.

Form ETA 750 has been certified and is enclosed. This certified application must be attached to the I-140 petion along with any other required evidence and filed with the U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

The appropriate office can be found at:

wesite url...

USCIS procedures , instructions and forms can be found at:

website URL...

sincerely,

Jenny Elser
Certifying officer

CC: lawyer
Company

Enclosures: {Form ETA 750, Parts A& B}

Is it usual to send Determination letter (Approval Letter ) in employer’s address? I thought Labor certification letter is solely a property of Company.
I have recently changed the address although I have informed INS( AR-11) and the employer but I do not think that my attorney have informed BEC.
Is that a problem?

bijualex said:
Is it usual to send Determination letter (Approval Letter ) in employer’s address? I thought Labor certification letter is solely a property of Company.
I have recently changed the address although I have informed INS( AR-11) and the employer but I do not think that my attorney have informed BEC.
Is that a problem?

The only problem is that you will not get FINAL DETERMINATION LETTER THROUGH POSTAL MAIL FROM DFLC BACKLOG ELIMINATION CENTER on your home address like paradesi2000 recently got.

Even if you set mail forwarding from your old address to the new one, government letters can not be forwarded.

But your employer and attorney will get certification and copy, they may inform you if they want.

The most important to inform DBEC if employer or your attorney changed address.