Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hard copy received :)

My lawyer called to inform me that she got the hard copies of the approval forms in the mail today.

So the system is moving, and good luck to all. I am sure all of the long waiting will bear rewards soon....

Good explination .. FIFO comes where?

This is very good compiling of the procedure. Anybody knows at which point FIFO comes into play.
Thanks.
goutamc said:
Team 1:
Team 1(a) is responsible for entering the data on the application (ETA 750) into the CAPS system, reviewing the application for completeness, and scanning the application into CAPS. If an application is determined to be incomplete, CAPS will automatically generate a letter to the applying employer and attorney giving the employer 45 days to furnish the missing information (45-day letter). When the employers and attorneys respond to letters, the incoming responses are processed by Team 1(b), which is responsible for entering new and changed data in CAPS. Team 1(c), the quality control unit, is randomly assigned cases for which Team 1(a) has already entered data, and is responsible for reviewing the data entry for accuracy and tracking team and individual performance on accuracy of data entry.

I am not exactly sure when “Data Review” status are being assigned but very much sure Team 1 assigns such status.

Team 2 is the prevailing wage unit responsible for reviewing the applications for the adequacy of the wage offered to the alien, and to ensure that there is no unduly restrictive requirement for the position being offered, e.g., an unwarranted foreign language requirement. After this screening, the application is automatically forwarded to either the traditional recruitment team (3a) or the reduction-in-recruitment Team (3b) depending on the nature of the application. If the wage offered to the alien is too low, and/or there are unduly restrictive requirements, these deficiencies are flagged, and the application is forwarded to the appropriate recruitment team.

Once team 2 completes its work, case status will show “RIR” or “TR” based on filing type. If case status is “RIR” then it will go to “RIR” queue to be picked up by the team 3(b) in FIFO by PD for further processing. If case status is “TR” then it will go to “TR” queue to be picked up by the team 3(a) in FIFO by PD for further processing.

Team 3(a), the traditional recruitment team, supervises the recruitment effort for traditional applications. A traditional application is one in which the employer has not yet attempted to ascertain whether qualified U.S. workers are available for the position being offered to the alien. When the analyst initiates the supervised recruitment, CAPS automatically generates a recruitment letter to the applying employer detailing the required steps for ensuring that there are no qualified U.S. workers available. The analyst also enters a job order in America’s Job Bank (AJB) or the state job bank if arrangements have been made with the state of origin for the application. After receiving the recruitment results from the employer, the analyst determines if the effort is acceptable. If acceptable, CAPS generates a certification letter. If unacceptable, a Notice of Findings (NOF) is generated advising the employer of the steps required to correct the deficiencies in the recruitment effort.

Team 3(b) reviews the recruitment effort for reduction-in-recruitment applications. Reduction-in-recruitment (RIR) applications are ones in which the employer has conducted and documented a recruitment effort prior to submitting the application. The analyst reviews the documentation of the recruitment effort to ascertain whether it meets program requirements. The analyst also checks for recent layoffs at the firms. If the recruitment effort is acceptable, and there have been no recent layoffs, CAPS generates a certification letter. If there is a deficiency, a NOF letter is generated. If additional information is required, a remand letter is generated.

Once Team3(a) and Team3(b) completes its work, case status will show “Final Review” and will wait in “Final Review” queue to be picked up by Certifying Officer in FIFO by PD for further processing.

CO Team:
Certifying officer review the work done by all team and if he satisfies then he certifies the application and case status will show “Certified” and application will wait for mail room to post it to attorney/employer. Right now, there is no FIFO by PD for mailroom that’s why we are seeing applications are being posted and received in random order.

Mailroom:
Mailroom posts the “Certified” cases in random order to attorney/employers. Also posts the letter to beneficiary informing about “Certified” case status.

This procedure do not include TR cases which has reached regional. In such cases supervisory recruitment has been already completed.

goutamc said:
Thanks for correcting me, do you know where we can get real meanings of Data Review , Final Review in PBLS. I fee meanings may be close to what were defined in CAPS.

Goutamc
I updated my signature. Got the screenshot today showing "Final Review".
Now time for a drink. :p

congrats

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Goutamc
Buddy,
As i predicted you will get your case certified by Oct'05 first week.Send me sweets.

Screen Snapshot

Folks,

New to this board. I will appreciate how can I request a screen snapshot which many people have been referring to here. Can I request one even if I am not in 6th yr of H1. My PD is June 2003.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Goutamc
Congratulations! Now it's time to prepare your marriage. Good luck!

LaborSeekar said:
Today I got screenshot for my case, I didn't get ny screenshot when I send it from my yahoo mail account. Today I sent it from my office mail account and got it in 10m.
Yesterday my lawyer said he is still waiting for the 45 day letter. In the screenshot, the case status says its CERTIFIED. My lawyer didn't receive any approval.
Does anybody know whats going on? Can I believe my case as approved without even sending 45 day letter? Does anybody know how long does it take to get the approval papers, after the application is certified?
I don't know whether this is some mistake or just to be happy thinking its done.
Here are the details.
PD: 3/10/03 from MI
EB3/RIR
RD: 5/22/04
Reached Dallas BEC: 1/11/05
45 day letter not received
ETA: D-05011-XXXXX
Lawyer not received approval notice from BEC.
It's possible that your employer/HR had replied the 45 day letter. Both your lawyer and employer got a copy of 45 day letter.

jnpr said:
Congratulations! Now it's time to prepare your marriage. Good luck!

:mad: I dont think I can marry anyone in the U.S. Now a days, girls are getting smarter and most of them know the real thing about BEC and they don't want to marry me because they think that they will get stuck with me in this dark hole. The ones who already have green card or citizenship want to marry a prince riding on a horse.

I want to go to India and get married to a simple nice down-to-earth girl, but for that I have to get the advance parole and I can't get the advance parole unless I file for I-485 and I can't file for I-485 unless I the visa numbers are available. :confused:

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
:mad: I dont think I can marry anyone in the U.S. Now a days, girls are getting smarter and most of them know the real thing about BEC and they don't want to marry me because they think that they will get stuck with me in this dark hole. The ones who already have green card or citizenship want to marry a prince riding on a horse.

I want to go to India and get married to a simple nice down-to-earth girl, but for that I have to get the advance parole and I can't get the advance parole unless I file for I-485 and I can't file for I-485 unless I the visa numbers are available. :confused:
Are you Eb2/3?
Be positive! I saw some guy with a userID GC2020 in this forum. It's so inspiring to me!

I know some people going back to get married using H1, only a little bit risk involved compared to advanced parole. I think marriage is more important than GC. Maybe it’s time for you to do some research on these topics such as consular process, timeframe for H4 to join your 485, etc…
Anyway, I just got 140 hard copy today but it’s useless now since I’m going to wait for years to file 485.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:

You can always file for H1 extension. It takes just few weeks. Mine took 10 days to get approved. Then you can go and get married and bring your wife on H4. No need to wait for filing I-485.

cinni said:
You can always file for H1 extension. It takes just few weeks. Mine took 10 days to get approved. Then you can go and get married and bring your wife on H4. No need to wait for filing I-485.

:rolleyes: I already have a 3-year extension on H1B. The thing is that I have been told by my attorney that it will be much safer if I travel after getting the travel documents. My parents have already lined up 20 girls for me to see once I am there. But I told them that if I get married after filing for I-485, then I may not be able to bring my wife here. So, now they are telling me to start looking at girls here in the U.S. Using the logic and common sense I have gained in my life, it looks like I am going to live alone for the rest of my life. I have already started looking into some places in Tibet and Himalayas, where I can go and live a saint's life after fulfilling the desire of getting my GC. :mad:

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
:rolleyes: I already have a 3-year extension on H1B. The thing is that I have been told by my attorney that it will be much safer if I travel after getting the travel documents. My parents have already lined up 20 girls for me to see once I am there. But I told them that if I get married after filing for I-485, then I may not be able to bring my wife here. So, now they are telling me to start looking at girls here in the U.S. Using the logic and common sense I have gained in my life, it looks like I am going to live alone for the rest of my life. I have already started looking into some places in Tibet and Himalayas, where I can go and live a saint's life after fulfilling the desire of getting my GC. :mad:

Do some research on "When is the last time, you need to include your wife's name". Probably you can include anytime before fingerprinting in I485. I have heard about a person who married 14 months after filing I485 and his wife got grren card with him..

Dude - your lawyer is plain lazy, as probably he does not want to work on and give you the documentation required for H4 visa. You can easily go and get your wife here on H4 visa.

But if you wait for Advance parole, it sometimes takes months to get approved. If you get your hard copy approval in 2 months, your attorney takes 1 month to prepare for next stages and it takes 4-5 for for parole - it you are ok with delaying your marriage by 8 months - then it's ok.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:

Do not we have anything else to discuss which is more related to Dallas BEC ?

I wonder if there are anybody else whose PD is April, May and who asked for screenshot (second, third time) ?

Please post your data here even if you do not have changes it can give other people impression about Dallas BEC progress and to understand where they are and where we are.

Reading this thread during last two days I understood that for community of this forum today is more important 2 things: Retrogressin which is applicable to I-485 but not to LC and LC_Ki_Kahaani marriage issuees.

sfmars said:
Do not we have anything else to discuss which is more related to Dallas BEC ?

I wonder if there are anybody else whose PD is April, May and who asked for screenshot (second, third time) ?

Please post your data here even if you do not have changes it can give other people impression about Dallas BEC progress and to understand where they are and where we are.

Reading this thread during last two days I understood that for community of this forum today is more important 2 things: Retrogressin which is applicable to I-485 but not to LC and LC_Ki_Kahaani marriage issuees.
Labor to be certified by Dallas is only one GC stage. GC is the single outcome for the whole process.
Some people are sharing or looking for more information/opportunities. In my considered opinion, 485 PD cut off date is a meaningful topic to many people here because a lot of people are still trying to make a decision whether to file PERM or give up Dallas and start new career. If their PDs need 5 more years to become current then there is no point to continue to wait Dallas; on the other hand, if their PDs need only a year to become current then it’s very important to maintain an earlier PD.
Also, there are some people trying to arrange their personal life including marriage according to their GC/Labor process.

To me they are meaningful topics compared to the repetitious questions brought by some people who didn’t bother to find the answers by checking several more pages back.

Depressing news..

Found this post from the PBEC forum:

radd

I called up the US embassy in Manilla office to check on the dates.. and it is authentic. The officer said that the dates were released to them by USCIS..

So, I guess there is no more speculation... you can call to find out too.. Call the no. given in the public affairs section.. it has a extension.. & she will transfer you to the immigrant visa section..

It's just going to be a long.............. wait.. till we get our GC
RD: 10/2003
45 day letter: 02/2005
Case Status: Final Review

Pretty depressing news...looks like the Oct'05 bulletin published in Manila is true and it is going to be a looooooong wait for all of us. :mad:

GC_from_NJ said:
Found this post from the PBEC forum:

radd

I called up the US embassy in Manilla office to check on the dates.. and it is authentic. The officer said that the dates were released to them by USCIS..

So, I guess there is no more speculation... you can call to find out too.. Call the no. given in the public affairs section.. it has a extension.. & she will transfer you to the immigrant visa section..

It's just going to be a long.............. wait.. till we get our GC
RD: 10/2003
45 day letter: 02/2005
Case Status: Final Review

Pretty depressing news...looks like the Oct'05 bulletin published in Manila is true and it is going to be a looooooong wait for all of us. :mad:

Info posted by International Law Associates here reinforces this :mad:

Cinni....H1-B approved in 10 days?

Hey Cinni...

You H1-B got approved in 10 days?? have you applied through Premimun processing....???? or regular H1-B filing?

Please update me...I am going to file my extension soon..I mean my employer..I told them to file in Premium processing...I would appreciate your inputs..

Many Thanks...
CA RIR/EB3
PD Dec'2003
RD Dec'2004
ETA# D-05145-XXXXX
45 day letter recieved by Dallas BEC on June'23rd'2005
Case Status:RIR as of Aug'16'2005(Screen shot from Philly)
Labor Approval (ETA) date: JAN'27'2006?????

cinni said:

Where would the 1998 cases come from ?

GC_from_NJ said:
Don't panic! Even if these dates are true, it only means that they're trying to enforce the so called FIFO at the I-485 stage. They couldn't do it at the BECs, not to mention PERM, so with ancient cut-off dates they can control the flow. With these dates nobody will be able to file for I-485 in the next few months, so BECs can work on the 2001 and 2002 SWA cases. Once those are cleared, I'm sure the cut-off dates will jump years.
Just relax!

The oldest cases that were pending at the Labor certification stage from all states, before the BECs were formed, were from 2001 April or just a couple of more months earlier. Hard to understand whats going on as to why dates would retrogress to 1998.....

Last edited by a moderator: