Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

GCPD0102 said:
Hi folks

We are doomed to be H1B Slaves for another long many years. Look at the Visa dates:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_2631.html

I can understand the frustration of bachelors, but look at the plight of parents with children nearing 21yrs age. The poor kids have to go through this whole torture and exploitation by employers again.

Is there any thing we can do to get EAD for our spouse and children especially for children nearing age 21?

I think if your labor is cleared, your child's age freezes. Can anyone confirm this or give more information? thanks

m_chundi said:
Guys,
There r 2 immigration bills in the congress that r supposed to be discussed this september. Both of them r beneficial to us, though one is far better than the other. I dont know if any of them will be taken up because of the tragedies in the gulf coast, but President Bush is keen on taking up immigration reforms in his second tenure and may actaully ask the congress to pursue these bills inspite of his current approval rating( or so they say).
It would be great if somebody prepares a draft so that we can mail it to our congressmen. If the congress doesnot take action by sep end, we may have to wait until next year (jan 06).
--MC

I do not see any hope for atleast next six months because of the Hurricane damages. I think Federal govenment is in a real mess, untill that is sorted out there is no chance that immigration issues will get priority.

-Payoor

Hi,
My employer filled the form ETA 750 in May 2004. The case is in the Dallas Backlog Elimination Center. I have a visa H1-B1 and it will expire in May 2006. According to the delay in the Dallas BEC I will need to get an extension for my visa. It is easier for me to get a TN visa (NAFTA) but if I change my visa type, could my employer still fill the I-140 when the Labor Condition Application is certified even though I would change my visa type? Please advise. Thanks

Can I extend my H1-B?

Gurus, please help!

Here is my case. My priority date is July 2002. I haven't received my approval of labor yet. My H1-b 6 years will expire next April. If my labor get approved this October, I can't catch to file i140 and i485 concurrently which is highly likely as i did not receive the labor yet and priority date cutoff is a reality now.

Here is the problem. I read some lawyer said under AC-21, one can extend h1-b only if ones' i140 or labor is pending more than a year. In my case, october is the month my labor getting approved and i don't have pending labor anymore. however, there is also no way for me to have a pending i140 as my h1 expires next April.

I called the company attorney and she told me i don't need to worry without giving a convincing reason. So whom should i believe? Any thing i can do?

good comment

GC_from_NJ said:
Don't panic! Even if these dates are true, it only means that they're trying to enforce the so called FIFO at the I-485 stage. They couldn't do it at the BECs, not to mention PERM, so with ancient cut-off dates they can control the flow. With these dates nobody will be able to file for I-485 in the next few months, so BECs can work on the 2001 and 2002 SWA cases. Once those are cleared, I'm sure the cut-off dates will jump years.
Just relax!

GC_from_NJ, This comment of yours is very valuable. Thanks

chicchu said:

I too agree with GC_from_NJ. This sounds very logical. My advice to everyone would be not to over react. Just wait until you hear back from everyone who's interests are involved in this. :)

chicchu said:

GC_from_NJ said:
Don't panic! Even if these dates are true, it only means that they're trying to enforce the so called FIFO at the I-485 stage. They couldn't do it at the BECs, not to mention PERM, so with ancient cut-off dates they can control the flow. With these dates nobody will be able to file for I-485 in the next few months, so BECs can work on the 2001 and 2002 SWA cases. Once those are cleared, I'm sure the cut-off dates will jump years.
Just relax!

This is not right.

They do not think about any FIFO or LIFO on any steps.

Only Scheduled Workers (Nurses) will get maximum benefits of the current dates, nobody else. In addition, this year nurses got 50,000 of unused visas of EB3 for previous years. It looks like it is not enough I think this year nurses will have 150,000 employment based visas. Unused EB1 goes to EB2, unused EB2 goes to EB3.

The conclusion is that today they need nurses and nobody else.

sfmars said:
This is not right.

They do not think about any FIFO or LIFO on any steps.

Only Scheduled Workers (Nurses) will get maximum benefits of the current dates, nobody else. In addition, this year nurses got 50,000 of unused visas of EB3 for previous years. It looks like it is not enough I think this year nurses will have 150,000 employment based visas. Unused EB1 goes to EB2, unused EB2 goes to EB3.

The conclusion is that today they need nurses and nobody else.

Fellow Bachelors - Let's find nurses!!

Alternatively if you are already married and your wife is on H4. Ask her to go to school in US and become either Nurse or Physiotherapist. I am thinking along that path for sure.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Fellow Bachelors - Let's find nurses!!

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
I too agree with GC_from_NJ. This sounds very logical. My advice to everyone would be not to over react. Just wait until you hear back from everyone who's interests are involved in this. :)

I hope that GC-From_NJ's logic is true and it does make sense, but look at what it says in points E. in the bulletin. (I posted that in my prev post too). . Forward movement of the cut-off dates in these categories is likely to be limited. . What does that mean? it is not going to move faster? we are supposed to slave our ass off?
The option of joining a multinational in india is getting more and more lucrative.. i heard a that a lot of companies there have started a program for expatriates . Any experinced professionals are getting awesome packages.. time to explore.....

485 retrogression

The best way we all can do now is it to send out emails and letters to congressmen representative and ask them to do look into the issue. ANy gurus who know's how to do this or any info available to share to this forum and we can collectivity do to raise our concerns and befenit all of us. We can't be slaves bound to one particular company to 5-7 years. Its a very lon time and no freedom.

You can extend

xterm said:
Gurus, please help!

Here is my case. My priority date is July 2002. I haven't received my approval of labor yet. My H1-b 6 years will expire next April. If my labor get approved this October, I can't catch to file i140 and i485 concurrently which is highly likely as i did not receive the labor yet and priority date cutoff is a reality now.

Here is the problem. I read some lawyer said under AC-21, one can extend h1-b only if ones' i140 or labor is pending more than a year. In my case, october is the month my labor getting approved and i don't have pending labor anymore. however, there is also no way for me to have a pending i140 as my h1 expires next April.

I called the company attorney and she told me i don't need to worry without giving a convincing reason. So whom should i believe? Any thing i can do?

Since your Labor Cert is pending since July 2002 your H1 can be extended indefinitely till you stay with the same company. AC21 applies only when you change companies after approval of I140.

Also since you have not recieved your approval yet, most likely situation is your case must have been miscategorized. My case RIR EB2 was miscategorized as NON-RIR and is still sitting in queue after repeated attempts to get it fixed

thanks

ring said:
The best way we all can do now is it to send out emails and letters to congressmen representative and ask them to do look into the issue. ANy gurus who know's how to do this or any info available to share to this forum and we can collectivity do to raise our concerns and befenit all of us. We can't be slaves bound to one particular company to 5-7 years. Its a very lon time and no freedom.

Relax you will not be slave here for such long period 5-7 years.
I am not making fun, I am very very depressed.

My impression is they want to cancel Employment Based green cards.

From the beginning of this year several senators have been trying to put through the congress very tough bills against immigrants and especially against H1B people. (Kind of: reduce time of H1 to allow them to stay in US not more than 1-2 years, not allow H1B people to apply for green cards, and not to allow H1B to bring dependants and many others ...)

October retrogression is the first step in this process.

When they get enough Scheduled workers (nurses whose PD is current now) they cancel Employment based GC completely for everybody.
Only Olympic champions and people who got Nobel prizes will be allowed for immigration and nobody else after that.

I think we should expect very bad news soon and this retrogression is not the worst.

sfmars said:
Relax you will not be slave here for such long period 5-7 years.
I am not making fun, I am very very depressed.

My impression is they want to cancel Employment Based green cards.

From the beginning of this year several senators have been trying to put through the congress very tough bills against immigrants and especially against H1B people. (Kind of: reduce time of H1 to allow them to stay in US not more than 1-2 years, not allow H1B people to apply for green cards, and not to allow H1B to bring dependants and many others ...)

October retrogression is the first step in this process.

When they get enough Scheduled workers (nurses whose PD is current now) they cancel Employment based GC completely for everybody.
Only Olympic champions and people who got Nobel prizes will be allowed for immigration and nobody else after that.

I think we should expect very bad news soon and this retrogression is not the worst.

take it easy man... let's face the fact that there is indeed a lot of demand for immigrant visas from these countries whose dates have retrogressed. if you are hinting at bills from people like tancredo, then i'm suuuure he does manage to get as much notice in the congress as would an used toilet paper. Bush has been pounding on CIS's ass to speed up processing 140/485 and it has shown results.... this is just an unfortunate side-effect of antiquated quota rules. it's not like they have cut back on employment visa requests from all countries. the good employers who hold the clout and are capable of lobbying dont want this to happen anymore than you or me. such employers dont have as much employee retention issues as the ones who leech on their non-immigrant workers.

well they really need to make some smart changes to the visa allocations to better meet the demands but it seems like the FEMA guys are perhaps running the show at CIS. so i really am taking an optimistic look at the upcoming reform bill to recaputre unused visas..whatever. maybe i'm looking at the rosy side of things but it never did any harm! i think it'll get better from here.

jw