Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I sent the screenshot-request mail to PHI and got a reply.

It says my case status is : Data Review

It's in Dallas BEC.

Case number is : D-04307-3XXX

Case source : Region

Do you guys have any idea how long will it take?

Thanks

Dallas008 said:
Hi, Gurus:
I got a screen shot from Phil. center. It shows priority date 4/**/2003 and case received date 9/**/2004, but for my colleague's case, his screen shot shows priority date same as the case received date. The only difference is my case status shows RIR but his shows imcomplete. Any body knows why?
Thanks a lot!
:confused:

Could you tell me what's your friend's PD ?

As I understand case received date is the date when the case went to Region. In case if it is Incomplete they use case received date as PD to save their valuable time.

Is the case of your friend went to Region or not ?

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Thanks UG,
I am confused like never before. If your list is going like this, I should be able to get my RIR approved in September. No girl wants to marry me and I am still a bachelor because I am stuck in this process. Hope I get married soon after getting my LC. Else, I will die as a bachelor.

Hey LC_Ki_Kahaani,

I hope u r being funny about marraige and LC :). Any way we have the same PD so lets keep each other informed if there is any news.

Read my signature for details.

Received 45-day letter

I received my 45-day letter yesterday on Aug 29th 2005.
RIR filed in Dec 2004 to EDD and transferred to Dallas Backlog Center now.

dema said:
Isn't it surprising that my case having a PD of Nov 2002 is still in "Data Review" stage?

It is not a surprise. The surprise could be if you get "Withdrawn" or "Case Closed". At least you know that your case is under review.

We have older cases (May, June...) which are not certified.

BEC is black box, in the absence of updates nobody can not say anything for sure.

Approved cases with PD Feb 2003 are rather exceptions than rule.

byakodv said:
I received my 45-day letter yesterday on Aug 29th 2005.
RIR filed in Dec 2004 to EDD and transferred to Dallas Backlog Center now.

byakodv,

Could you tell us your exact PD (Priority date), when the case was filed to SWA ? What was the state you filed from ?

Did I understand you right that your case was directly transfered from SWA not from Region ?

SFMARS,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I thought that it was surprising because I expected it to be in the stage of "RIR" or "Final Review", not in "Data Review".

thanks

sfmars

sfmars,
My case D-05171, I got the screenshot on Jul-28. My coworker's case D-05174, she got it yesterday, Aug-29.
Do you think after they enter all cases abbreviated, will they use PD data to go back and complete the incomplete cases? Since all cases will have PD by then.
sfmars said:
onlyhope,

Do you remember the date when you got your screenshot from Dallas ?
If it is possible could you ask your co-worker when she got hers ?
What state did you apply from ?

In my case D-05186 (July 5th) I got it on july 12th case number starting with "D-" and status is Data Review.

May be there is some logic in their actions or it depends on the data entry staff preferences to use "T-" or "D-" numbers.

Anyway I saw one or two people whos case entered this summer and they got 45 day letter, that's why I think that summer's Dallas "D-" cases also can be considered as incompleted.

goutamc said:
Hey LC_Ki_Kahaani,

I hope u r being funny about marraige and LC :). Any way we have the same PD so lets keep each other informed if there is any news.

Read my signature for details.

Actually yeah, my parents are after me, they want me to get married and I am really not interested because I am scared of all the marriage stuff. So, I told them to wait until I get my RIR.

The only thing I was wondering is that you filed your RIR from Missouri and I filed from Texas. Do you think they should be processed in about the same time? I got my 6 yrs + 3 yrs extension on H1B. I don't know if I'll get the screen shot from Dallas BEC, if I request for one. Any idea about that, because I saw that you got your status through the screenshot?

Certified

Today I received screenshot from PHILLI BEC that my case status is certified :) . I don't know the certification date.
Thanks to this forum for useful information, especially Icarus.

PD: 03/07/2003
RD: 10/11/2003
EB3, RIR, Texas State

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Joke

Montrose said:
I hope that they process like this schedule as UG mentioned. However, I heard that BEC will close their office from Nov, Dec, Jan due to holiday seasons. Does anybody know that this rumor is true? Hope not. I have been waiting for my labor certification for almost three years. Thanks.

Montrose
Yes they close on holidays.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Actually yeah, my parents are after me, they want me to get married and I am really not interested because I am scared of all the marriage stuff. So, I told them to wait until I get my RIR.

The only thing I was wondering is that you filed your RIR from Missouri and I filed from Texas. Do you think they should be processed in about the same time? I got my 6 yrs + 3 yrs extension on H1B. I don't know if I'll get the screen shot from Dallas BEC, if I request for one. Any idea about that, because I saw that you got your status through the screenshot?
how did you get a 3 yr H1B extension beyond 6 yrs?

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:

Dude, I'm in the same boat as u as far as marraige goes. I think we have some committment issues to deal with. Last 8yrs in US has screwed up my mind, I guess I'm a little bit confused like an ABCD :)

Any way I got the screen shot from phili BEC.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Thanks UG,
I am confused like never before. If your list is going like this, I should be able to get my RIR approved in September. No girl wants to marry me and I am still a bachelor because I am stuck in this process. Hope I get married soon after getting my LC. Else, I will die as a bachelor.
I have the same status as you. I don't know when/where/whom to get married. Some people think it’s better to get married before your 485 is adjudicated. I wish your marriage wouldn’t be held back by this process.

45-day letter received

i filed RIR in CA on Dec 14 2004. Transferred to Dallas BC on Aug 26, 2005.
does anybody know how are the processing times??

Mail room blues

It is very encouraging to see a stream of approvals of cases with PDs in Jan/Feb 2003 and even March 2003.

But the final wait to receive the hard copy is probably enough to drive people just a little crazy. After all, folks have been waiting for over 2 years for this moment. With all the uncertainity about our jobs, companies, careers etc...every passing minute makes a difference and man... I feel it every day of my life (My PD is 12 March 2003).

I wish we could get some visibility into the DBEC mail room operations. I know it is too much to ask..but we have not received any updates from Icarus in nearly two weeks now. I hope we get some good news soon.

Sorry for the rant, folks...but I felt I needed to vent my feelings!

Cheers,

Screen Shot - Case Received Date

sfmars said:
Could you tell me what's your friend's PD ?

As I understand case received date is the date when the case went to Region. In case if it is Incomplete they use case received date as PD to save their valuable time.

Is the case of your friend went to Region or not ?
Thanks sfmars!
My friend's PD is 10/**/2001, and his case never got to Region. My case went to Region in 9/2003, but why the "case received date" says 9/2004?