Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Congrats!!

byakodv said:
I received my 45-day letter yesterday on Aug 29th 2005.
RIR filed in Dec 2004 to EDD and transferred to Dallas Backlog Center now.

I sent mine in 03/05 so should expect a 45 day letter soon. Currently Dallas is processing applications with PD 03/03 RIR applications already transeferd to RD. It would be a while before we see any update on ours. May be > 6 months.

I just read from another thread that "Data Review" means that 45-day letter has not been replied or sent back to the BEC.

Is that correct?

Thanks

dema said:
I just read from another thread that "Data Review" means that 45-day letter has not been replied or sent back to the BEC.

Is that correct?

Thanks
I am also in same boat. My PD is 9/30/02 and my case is in “DataReview”. As per my research it looks like that they have received the response for 45Day letter but had not entered into the system. It more like skipped case.

My lawyer is not ready to call them please let me know if you can find something.

IF anybody’s lawyer can help me I would gladly ready to pay the fee.

Thanks,

I will do some more research on this issue.

If you can gather some information by this time, please let me know.

My lawyer won't reply. She doesn't even have the courtesy to reply my emails.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Randomness in 45 DL

How BEC do this in such random way. Many of other SWA with much earlier prior PD and shipped to BEC early this year still waiting.
byakodv said:
I received my 45-day letter yesterday on Aug 29th 2005.
RIR filed in Dec 2004 to EDD and transferred to Dallas Backlog Center now.

When am I going to get the LC?

Hi all,

Please do you know what is the current queue?

PD : March 2003 (H1B, RIR, CA)
RD : Oct 2004
45-day letter received : Jan 2005, replied right-away.
Case No. : D-04292-XXXXX

LC Approved

hi,
I was just a silent reader for this forum.
my husband got a call from his lawyer , labor has been aprroved. we were very happy ,after 2 and 1/2 years waiting time.

I can start working after EAD I don't know how much will take time.

CA-RIR-EB3
PD: DEC 31 2002

RECEIVED 45 DAYS LETTER: APRIL 05 2005
REPLIED BACK: APRIL 20TH

:) LC APPROVED: AUGUST 26TH 2005

eromero said:
Hi all,

I think its around Mar 2003. You should hear from BEC in the next month or two.

Here is a tracker which Just Watching has put together.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1235824&postcount=1446

In Sept 2005 ;-)

Based on the current TREND at DBEC, you SHOULD get your LC NEXT MONTH definitely!!!

eromero said:
Hi all,

eromero said:
Hi all,

Not to discourage you but your case status is still “DataReview”, same as of mine. A case doesn’t get processed until it is in “RIR” status. I wish if someone can prove me wrong.

I would recommend you to talk to your lawyer. Please do share if you find some solution for you.

thanks,

Can I update the job description w/o affecting PD?

I'm in the process of accepting a management position within my company.

This position is for the same engineering group where I'm currently working.

My labor was originally filled for the engineering position (non-RIR category).

My case is still pending at Dallas (no 45-day letter yet).

I was wondering if I can change my job description now and still enjoy the PD of May 2002 before or after receiving the 45-day letter.

My company is willing to help me on this.

However, my attorney never gives me a straight forward answer on these kind of questions.

Any advise from you guys (Gurus on this site) is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

LC Approval date ?

Hi:

Can you please find out the date when the LC was approved.

Thanks

cnaresh said:
hi,
I was just a silent reader for this forum.
my husband got a call from his lawyer , labor has been aprroved. we were very happy ,after 2 and 1/2 years waiting time.

I can start working after EAD I don't know how much will take time.

CA-RIR-EB3
PD: DEC 31 2002

RECEIVED 45 DAYS LETTER: APRIL 05 2005
REPLIED BACK: APRIL 20TH

:) LC APPROVED: AUGUST 26TH 2005

justdoit said:
how did you get a 3 yr H1B extension beyond 6 yrs?

Because my attorney said that he'd file for a 3 year extension on the basis that my RIR is in process and moreover it'd save me money by not filing every year.

I think sometimes I get lucky and within a month of filing I got my 3 year extension. I wish luck smiles on me for RIR also. I'll go with a box of laddoos to the Hanuman Temple if that happens.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Because my attorney said that he'd file for a 3 year extension on the basis that my RIR is in process and moreover it'd save me money by not filing every year.

I think sometimes I get lucky and within a month of filing I got my 3 year extension. I wish luck smiles on me for RIR also. I'll go with a box of laddoos to the Hanuman Temple if that happens.
Congratulations on your H1B 3 year extension! I wish I could have that! You know the stupid driver license policy in my state and a lot of issues along with H1B. I'm sure your labor will be cleared any time now.

jnpr said:
I have the same status as you. I don't know when/where/whom to get married. Some people think it’s better to get married before your 485 is adjudicated. I wish your marriage wouldn’t be held back by this process.

Last month, I was so depressed with this LC stuff going on, so I went and met a psychic. According to him, I'll get my RIR in Sept. and I'll be able to travel this year, which mean I should be able to get the I-131 approved too. Now, I am not sure if he can beat the BEC. With the holidays and stuff coming up soon, it all seems like a bowl of soup.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:

Here's a copy of the Yate's Memo for the newbies

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:

Next time i will ask my lawyer to apply for 10 year extension. Much better that 3 yrs.
;)
LC_Ki_Kahaani:
Extension of h1 is possible only in 1 yr increments after 6 yrs - only if LC is pending for more than a year. If INS approved a 3 yrs extension beyond 6 yrs; you maybe in for a rude awakening.
You should apply for a 1 year extension just before expiration of 7th year and you should quote in your application that INS made a mistake by approving a 3 year extension beyond the 6 year limit. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR LAWYER (or may some other lawyer since your lawyer seemed to think its ok to apply for 3 yr extension)