Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

goingtocanada said:
bhai and bahen log,
2 questions i have. Answer if u can.

1. Is there any limit on how many years u can extend u're H1 visa to after the 6 year limit?

2. When.........o when........will i get the 45 day chitti for my 11/2003 PD, RIR, EB3 case in Dallas.

aap sab log ko bhut bhut dhanwad.

--------------
I don't think there is a limit. You can extend it till you get Thumps up/down from DOL\USICS.

Screen shot

Hi,

I'm just curious about this screen shot thing, I'm new here but already reading some of the threads eversince... can anybody tell me or teach me how to do this screen shot thing, it looks like it's a great help knowing the status of your LC... highly appreciate your reply....

My LC details:

CA, RIR, EB3
PD : March 30, 2004
No 45-day letter received

you better be for 7th year extension, otherwise..

One of my colleague got e-mail saying 'no" from BECs since he is not due for his 7th year extension. So you'd better wait 6 months before your expiration date to ask BECs. They seemed to react to unnecessary inquiries.

chloekyle said:
Hi,

I'm just curious about this screen shot thing, I'm new here but already reading some of the threads eversince... can anybody tell me or teach me how to do this screen shot thing, it looks like it's a great help knowing the status of your LC... highly appreciate your reply....

My LC details:

CA, RIR, EB3
PD : March 30, 2004
No 45-day letter received

goingtocanada said:
bhai and bahen log,
2 questions i have. Answer if u can.

1. Is there any limit on how many years u can extend u're H1 visa to after the 6 year limit?

2. When.........o when........will i get the 45 day chitti for my 11/2003 PD, RIR, EB3 case in Dallas.

aap sab log ko bhut bhut dhanwad.

The last I heard of .......Yes there is .... MAX of 10 years.......

coolserene said:
The last I heard of .......Yes there is .... MAX of 10 years.......

This is wrong

There is no limit since you are on H1 and have pending LC or I140,
visa can be extended by one year incrementally INDEFINITLY until DOL or INS make a decision.

Since I-140 is approved there is a limitation, visa can be extended one time by one time increment 3 years. Only one increment for life 3 years after I140 is approved.

Thanks people who responded. Looks like not filing for 140 seems a thing to look into, considering a worse case retrogression situation.

Can anybody comment on my 11/2003 PD, RIR, EB3 case in Dallas. Should i be expecting the 45 day letter soon, or should i go back to sleep for another 6 months (like the fog horn monster)

sfmars said:
This is wrong

There is no limit since you are on H1 and have pending LC or I140,
visa can be extended by one year incrementally INDEFINITLY until DOL or INS make a decision.

Since I-140 is approved there is a limitation, visa can be extended one time by one time increment 3 years. Only one increment for life 3 years after I140 is approved.

New Member to Forum

Hi folks. I am a new member to this forum, and I have to say I am impressed with the amount of information I have found here. I have gotten more information reviewing the posts in this thread for the past several minutes than I have in over 2 years from my lawyer!

Until now I felt I no way of getting any hint of when I may get my Labor Certification. At least now I have the sense that things actually are getting done at the Dallas Backlog Center.

Thanks to everyone who is contributing to this forum.

My details are included in my siganture.

friends,
this is too much....waiting for Labor Processing, the very first step of GC, for nearly 3 years....By this time....you cannot change company....you cannot think of any other career option....you cannot do anything except for waiting......waiting, waiting and waiting for GC.....I've already waited for nearly 3 years (since Nov 2002).....I've to wait for another, only God knows, how many years (considering retrogression for EB3).....getting frustrated day by day......I don't know whether it's worthy or not.....my firends and colleagues are going for it...so I am going for it.....when I will get GC after say another 3 years, I don't know whether I'll be in a mental state to appreciate it or not.....Good luck to all of us......!!!!!

PD : Nov 2002 (CA, RIR, EB3)
RD : Nov 2003
Received 45-day letter
Still waiting for LC

Last edited by a moderator:
Case Status

Baed upon your experiences could you please provide the following information;

1) When a case is reopened,does DBEC issue a new case number?
2) Do they issue a new 45 day letter?
3) Does the case status go back to DATA REVIEW
4) Changes to RIR after receipt of response to the newly issued 45 day letter?

Any insight regarding this will be greatly appreciated and thank you for your responses.

case_closed

Case Closed said:
Baed upon your experiences could you please provide the following information;

1) When a case is reopened,does DBEC issue a new case number?
2) Do they issue a new 45 day letter?
3) Does the case status go back to DATA REVIEW
4) Changes to RIR after receipt of response to the newly issued 45 day letter?

Any insight regarding this will be greatly appreciated and thank you for your responses.

1. Provided the case was closed by any blunder from BEC it can be reopened by your lawyer/employer by providing the evidence.
The case could have closed due one of the following reasons
i) Your employer/attorney replied to 45 day letter selecting 'Close the Case' (check box)
ii) Your employer/attorney did not reply to 45 day letter in time (within 45 days of the receipt of the letter)
iii) The letter with positive reply (to continue the case) did not reach the BEC on time or was misplaced by BEC.

If iii is the reason, your attorney/employer can provide proof of the date the letter was sent (receipt of Fax/letter sent etc) and should provide BEC a formal letter to reopen the case.

2. If BEC reopens the case, they would continue using your prior PD.
3. No new 45 day letter is required.
4. Changes to 'RIR'...did u mean the case status on the screen shot? if yes, then it depends on if there are any RFE issued in your case. Normally if there are any additional papers required BEC sends that list along with 45 day letter.

HTH

Thank You

Thank you very much for your detailed response. At the potential risk of trying your patience could you please calrify one more issue;

1) When DEBC decides to reopen the case, does the case status change from Closed to Data Review to RIR or does it move from Closed to RIR.

Thanking you for your patience and your response.

Case Closed said:
Thank you very much for your detailed response. At the potential risk of trying your patience could you please calrify one more issue;
1) When DEBC decides to reopen the case, does the case status change from Closed to Data Review to RIR or does it move from Closed to RIR.
Thanking you for your patience and your response.
from personal experience i can say that it doesn't affect your case. look into my previous posts for details. my case was closed and then reopened and a new eta number assigned. but it was approved along with other cases being approved from that time frame. IOW your PD is still in affect.

Relieved to know that the case does not get affected and thank you for your support But seeing the case status info I am not sure if DBEC is still waiting for the 45 day letter as my case status has moved from Closed to Data Review.

non RIR

i want to know where can i find information about processing
dates for non rir for dallas backlog elimination centers. is
their a website that gives out a time line.

everybody mention rir dates; but not non (traditional) rir dates.
appreciate the info.

cheers,
bala

Final Review Question

Hello, Icarus, thanks for all your help!
1) If the case status is "final review", how long does it usually take to get the certificate?

2) How many cases are in the "Final review" status?

3) Is "Final review"= almost certified???]

4) How many certificates are mailed out each day or each week?

Thanks a lot!!!

Case Status

lalaker said:
Guys,
I sent and email last night to both Dallas and Philly for the 7th year extension and my CASE status says CERTIFIED.

Haven't received any hard copy yet. Will let you know as soon as I get the hard copy in the mail.

Thanks,
Hi, my case is at Dallas, and our PD is Jan 23, 2003. We haven't received approval yet. How did you get the information that your case has been certified? Did you use a specifin e-mail address? Please in need of this info.
Uribe

Uribe - this issue has been discussed many times now - can you please browse through the earlier pages? you will find all your info there

Uribe said:
Hi, my case is at Dallas, and our PD is Jan 23, 2003. We haven't received approval yet. How did you get the information that your case has been certified? Did you use a specifin e-mail address? Please in need of this info.
Uribe